PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers

Doom
07-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Are there any shops in the area that would a) install coilovers, and b) have a decent rate for the installation? I had initially wanted to lower on coilovers but nobody seemed to want to touch them so I landed on the Honda sport suspension (and paid too much - around $650 labor). ...Not low enough for me anymore.

I can do the lowering and fine tuning myself - just have never done a full suspension swap myself and don't want to tackle it solo. Any advice? Thx.

Chase
07-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Its really not hard. Granted I've never worked on your car.

Anyway, just make sure you have the whole car up (Front or rear or both). And when doing the front or the rear, be sure to remove both stock struts, then install both coilovers. Don't remove one strut, install coilover and then go to remove the second stock strut. You'll load the sway bar and it'll be a pain in the ass.

Doom
07-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Yeah I've youtubed it and it seems straightforward enough, but don't want to start the job without some backup and all my mechanically inclined friends are traveling or away... I'm impatient.

Chase
07-10-2012, 04:03 PM
When were you planning on doing this?

Doom
07-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Ordered them already, need to buy a third camber arm and wait on delivery. Zero rush though.

Domestic Disturbance
07-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Bowtiebuba on here would be able to do them. He's got a shop in Marion and does good work... Lmk if you want his number

chayxse
07-10-2012, 08:22 PM
+1 for Bowtiebuba. He did every bushing, a few suspension arms, and my first set of coilovers for my first round of suspension components. Never have had a problem.

Deimos
07-10-2012, 08:39 PM
+2 for bowtie bubba he rocks my socks. PS get me my digital micrometer you hooker.

Doom
07-24-2012, 09:32 AM
got some time scheduled with him this week. is there a low-friendly place to get an alignment in marion before i head back to ic? i tried the nissan dealer since they have an in-floor rack but they turned me down.

85XR7Project
07-24-2012, 10:28 AM
got some time scheduled with him this week. is there a low-friendly place to get an alignment in marion before i head back to ic? i tried the nissan dealer since they have an in-floor rack but they turned me down.

I'm sure someone else will say something but I think Deimos is the go to guy.

Doom
07-24-2012, 10:30 AM
sounds good to me - i'd like to support IAF guys. could someone let me know contact info?

Deimos
07-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Deimos is the best. But Deimos hasnt been able to work in 4 months (they are slow there). Go to sears and ask for Josh or Jaimie.