PDA

View Full Version : Paint ideas?

sLoWnStEaDy
06-30-2012, 11:29 AM
OK, I traded the R6 for a new turd nugget and I am NOT a fan of the paint so I am looking for ideas. My first thought was satin/eggshell black with red or neon green pin striping. just not sure how that would look against all the chrome. My other thought was "Synergy Green" but materials for that would run me a good $500 and I don't think that is a wise "investment", LOL... Then I was thinking I could just "wrap" it for like $200 but I don't have much experience with that stuff so....

http://i48.tinypic.com/1zlenwp.jpg

Domestic Disturbance
06-30-2012, 03:41 PM
The ape hangers are whats ruining that bike IMO. Is that a decal on the tank or painted on?

sLoWnStEaDy
06-30-2012, 03:50 PM
The ape hangers are whats ruining that bike IMO. Is that a decal on the tank or painted on?

I like the apes! LOL That is a decal, paint has some scratches and horrible "touch-ups" too. The speakers under the mirrors I don't really care for. they are loud as shit though! just little 3" guys on a 50w amp but they are ridiculously loud for the most part.

sparkles
06-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Ahh, the Honda Davidson.

sLoWnStEaDy
06-30-2012, 04:43 PM
Ahh, the Honda Davidson.

yup, the one they got sued over IIRC... My step-dad isn't very happy with me! I had the choice between this or an '03 Sportster 883 and I picked this. The sportster was bone stock and that ugly faded yellow color. I figure when/if I get a harley, I want it to be a REAL harley, not a sportster so I got this instead. came with a spare engine/trans and some other goodies. has about $2k in extras on it to so...

85XR7Project
06-30-2012, 05:11 PM
I thought it looked like an 80's Sportster for a min there. Not a fan of those at all. I like the bigger cruisers. I can understand why they got sued though, looks like a damn Sporty!

sLoWnStEaDy
06-30-2012, 05:47 PM
I thought it looked like an 80's Sportster for a min there. Not a fan of those at all. I like the bigger cruisers. I can understand why they got sued though, looks like a damn Sporty!

really? This is quite a bit bigger than the sportster. My step-dad has a bigger cruiser of some kind, 1300cc+, FLsomething or another, springer front end, softail with mini apes and I think mine is about the size of his, may be a little bigger even...?

sLoWnStEaDy
06-30-2012, 05:55 PM
his bike is a 2010-2011 (not sure) FXSTSI, not much of a size difference between the two...

no help on the paint yet though... LOL I am looking at bikes and the satin black doesn't look horrible against all the chrome like I was thinking it would. just not sure if doing teh old flat black/pin striping on a newer Honda would be too much of an abomination. haha

85XR7Project
06-30-2012, 07:05 PM
I think that'd look pretty sweet. The pipes look odd though, need a 2 into 1 or something.

FiFdYnUtZ
06-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Lol id just keep jerking off to those house of.kolor books BRO...ain't no saving that bike