PDA

View Full Version : I need to get up on soapbox for a bit.

Gy67
06-19-2012, 08:07 AM
WTF is it with the white trash people and Chicago influenced losers in this town? My kids and I bought my wife a Coca Cola cast iron outdoor park bench years ago for mothers day and then restored said park bench 2 years ago for her that we used almost nightly to visit with neighbors or just watch the kids play in the yard. I came home from work yesterday and find it missing! My wife and son were home yesterday and think someone pulled up to the house while they were downstairs working and stole it in broad day light. Balls man pure balls. The kicker to this story other then the fact that my wife is devastated that something her kids picked out and helped pay for then put sweat blood and tears into to restore for her is now gone just because some WT/Chicago influences baggy pants loser had to steal it. We just listed our house for sale last night so now I have to go spend my hard earned money again to buy another bench to put in the same location this was so my front yard doesn't look stupid. Sorry guys I just need to vent.

SaNdMaNsSi
06-19-2012, 08:47 AM
I hear ya man, I hear ya. This city is nothing like what it used to be. I don't know what's worse; the migrants or the politicians that brought them here.

sparkles
06-19-2012, 09:16 AM
I haven't lived in CR, but I did spend a good portion the last couple years in North Liberty and Davenport living in a hotel during the week. Electrical Superintendent on a couple of Senior Living centers being put up. I couldn't agree more. Just a 3 hour drive from my home in DM and I was amazed how trashy some of the people there were and I couldn't help but come up with the same conclusion you just brought up. "must be the proximity from Chicago that brings all these losers here". Just one favor to ask. Do whatever you can to keep them from coming more west. Thanks.

z28z34man
06-19-2012, 09:17 AM
That is why I am glad I chose Marion not cr as a place to live.

SledgeWS6
06-19-2012, 09:28 AM
When I first moved to DSM, I figured it would be a lot worse than CR because of the size. Naw, now everytime I go back to IC/CR I can't wait to get back home. Politicians taking advantage of programs to get money by relocating these 'thugs'.

snickerlicker
06-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Yep, because there are no thugs in DSM, none whatsoever....LMAO!

LT1Dan
06-19-2012, 10:32 AM
That is really shitty. Sorry to hear about that. It may be worth your time to cruise around your surrounding neighborhood and see if it shows up in someones yard. It's surprising how stupid thieves are sometimes. What part of CR are you living in? Everyone bitches about Marion cops being dicks but they keep the trash out for the most part. Aside from the "Little Chicago" apartments on 10th st, that is.

sparkles
06-19-2012, 10:37 AM

Nope. Just me. Keyboard is my weapon of choice.

snickerlicker
06-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Nope. Just me. Keyboard is my weapon of choice.

You get a pass...

SledgeWS6
06-19-2012, 10:58 AM

Better than Crapids! Or South Johnson in Iowa City.

JustinS
06-19-2012, 11:08 AM
I used to like CR...but it went to shit after the floods. I'm glad I'm in the DM area now.

snickerlicker
06-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Better than Crapids! Or South Johnson in Iowa City.

You obviously haven't been many places in DSM...

SledgeWS6
06-19-2012, 11:23 AM
You obviously haven't been many places in DSM...

Probably not. Then again, this city is actually doing things to get the dipshits outta here verses CR/IC getting paid to bring 'em in.

slow ride
06-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Stop over on the east side of Waterloo some time.

Scott
06-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Honestly I dont spend much time on the southern part of Cedar Rapids which I would guess is the most infested.. Defiently getting worse, glad I have a security system on the house and garage along with 12 live feed security cameras on a DVR.

Me and the girlfriend spent the night in Davenport last sat after the Cordova race and went to a couple bars, it seems worse there..

Scott
06-19-2012, 11:40 AM

and this ^^ eww

SledgeWS6
06-19-2012, 11:51 AM

+1, Cedar Falls is getting pretty sketchy these days too I hear. I never heard of stabbings on the College Hill and there have been a handle-full this year.

Doom
06-19-2012, 12:50 PM
South Johnson in Iowa City.
meh that's just a student ghetto. same vein as the loft apartments, really, and if the OP's crime happened in IC i'd bet it was a frat boy who took the bench.

not really worried about crime in iowa city at all; but the points about our reputation as a sanctuary city are spot on, unfortunately. i worked in the social services for a short time and our clientele were exceptionally well rehearsed as to what benefits to which they were entitled.

black88gt
06-19-2012, 01:07 PM
I don't think I've ever seen "Cedar Falls" and "sketchy" in the same sentence... until now

SledgeWS6
06-19-2012, 01:22 PM
I don't think I've ever seen "Cedar Falls" and "sketchy" in the same sentence... until now

Go up there sometime, it got pretty 'diverse' the last few times I've been there. I was at Toads when there was a stabbing last winter.

black88gt
06-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Go up there sometime, it got pretty 'diverse' the last few times I've been there. I was at Toads when there was a stabbing last winter.

I work in cedar falls 4 days a week and went out in cedar falls last Saturday

SledgeWS6
06-19-2012, 01:46 PM
I work in cedar falls 4 days a week and went out in cedar falls last Saturday

Well I must just be running into bad luck or something. Are you gonna be out this Saturday? I was gonna swing up for Sturgis Falls.

black88gt
06-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Well I must just be running into bad luck or something. Are you gonna be out this Saturday? I was gonna swing up for Sturgis Falls.

I'm not sure I might check it out or I may be going to Des Moines. By the time Sturgis starts I'm over it. My office is right next to it so all the preparations and noise once it stars are a minor annoyance

85XR7Project
06-19-2012, 08:45 PM

No kidding! I used to have some friends that lived out there and saw some crazy shit while hanging out with them.

Cedar falls on the other hand is not bad in any way. Idk where you were but even college hill is pretty decent, just a bunch of idiots thats about it.

Batwood
06-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Any pics of the bench?
Maybe somebody from here will see it.

Clinical
06-20-2012, 01:06 PM
That's about how Burlington is. West Burlington is pretty good all around. But Burlington in general there's about a 1/3rd of it that is just shit.

When I move to cedar falls for UNI next winter I'm hoping I dont end up have to go anywhere around waterloo. I hear too many bad things

AutoMods
06-21-2012, 10:49 AM
North Liberty is mostly a newer town so its pretty clean. NL has its trailer park and low income apartments but other than that its 99% clean. Iowa City and Cedar falls all are great towns too IMO and they always will be because each University bring lots of good jobs and keeps money in the town. Every town has its ghetto area. waterloo and CR have a fair amount of run down housing. waterloo has a section that's pretty hardcore ghetto.

black88gt
06-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Cedar Falls reminds me how rough it is every time I go get lunch; sexy college girls out running every other block or so

Scott
06-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Cedar Falls reminds me how rough it is every time I go get lunch; sexy college girls out running every other block or so

yeah buddy I know what your saying! I work at the John Deere PEC building and there is quite a few interns here too, yep

85XR7Project
06-21-2012, 11:34 AM
yeah buddy I know what your saying! I work at the John Deere PEC building and there is quite a few interns here too, yep

I'm over in the industrial park at Hypro, its suprising how many hot chicks they are hiring as machinists these days.

Drifte
06-21-2012, 01:29 PM
North Liberty is mostly a newer town so its pretty clean. NL has its trailer park and low income apartments but other than that its 99% clean. Iowa City and Cedar falls all are great towns too IMO and they always will be because each University bring lots of good jobs and keeps money in the town. Every town has its ghetto area. waterloo and CR have a fair amount of run down housing. waterloo has a section that's pretty hardcore ghetto.

I agree. I love cedar falls, but I rarely was more than a couple miles off campus. I used to deliver for advance auto of CF out to waterloo locations, and I was advised to drive fast, tail gate down (cant read whos truck it is), doors locked and get in and out.

CR has its good and bad spots, you really have to know the town to know whats good. Im snuck in to a nice area just barely classified as NW side. Only annoyance for me is high school kids making noise, which doesnt bother me since they make me less noticed.

But of course, I can glance out my office window and watch a drug deal at these apartments on wiley. Im dodging bros j-walking; like if they didnt cross now how would they ever make it...well the answer is wiley lights turn red every 7 seconds, so in 7 seconds, bro. I dont dodge them anymore btw, I tuck. Nice thing about a motorcycle is its an excuse to wear full body armor on a daily basis.