PDA

View Full Version : who works on bikes?

sLoWnStEaDy
04-13-2012, 09:04 PM
i dont wanna screw with it as i dont really have time. McGrath is doing the oil change and tune-up but i want someone to install and HIID headlight kit, brake/clutch levers, frame sliders and may be some blue LEDs/neons...

Thanks in advance

FiFdYnUtZ
04-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Are you shitting me? That crap could of been installed in the time it took to make this thread

AutoMods
04-13-2012, 10:50 PM
the gasoline has been poured, waiting for the match now

StreetSweeper
04-13-2012, 11:29 PM
i dont wanna screw with it as i dont really have time. McGrath is doing the oil change and tune-up but i want someone to install and HIID headlight kit, brake/clutch levers, frame sliders and may be some blue LEDs/neons...

Thanks in advance

Drop your bike and parts off and a $100 dollar bill ill hook that shit up in 20 minnutes!

sLoWnStEaDy
04-14-2012, 07:30 AM
sure it wouldn't take more than a couple hours to do it all. Lets not be complete assholes and forget i no longer have a garage and all my tools are in storage. HID kit is probably a little more labor than you are thinking. Not hard by any means but wiring, ballast hiding/mounting, that would take a good hour or two IMO, to not make it look like total shit.

SaNdMaNsSi
04-14-2012, 02:49 PM
I take all of my motorcycle work to Pazour motorsports on 16th ave. Tim is a great guy.

Drifte
04-15-2012, 07:52 PM
never ever ever will I take a bike to Mcgrath. Ive been fixing their mistakes on mine since I bought it. I realize mechanics change etc, but Im not taking that chance. If I find something I cant do, it will go to Pazours. As for the tune, it will go to Metro.

So when you get it back, double check the work they did do.

sLoWnStEaDy
04-15-2012, 08:33 PM
they're just doing an oil change and plugs... However, I will give Pazours a call instead and talk to them. Only reason I was planning McGraths is because it's pretty much the only place i thought of right off hand. LOL

I completely forgot Pazours even exists, havenlt been there since like 2003 i think it was. They put the new body on my Bombardier 4-wheeler after i flipped the biatch end over end about 8 times out at "600 acres". Side topic, how fucking big is that place, really? We had about 350 acres out in Solon and i am pretty sure our land was much bigger than "600 acres"...?

Drifte
04-15-2012, 08:43 PM
600 has been downsized significantly. Im not sure the actually acreage but probably closer to 200-300. Its also called OHV Park now, and is really well maintained.

Mcgrath did the plugs on my bike before I bought it. All the screws removed to get access to do it were gnarled up, some are missing. One of the spark plugs wasnt even in tight. I have yet to order a new bolt kit for the bike but ​it needs quiet a few.

sLoWnStEaDy
04-15-2012, 08:48 PM
wow... I figured a place that big would have some decent techs. I just had an image of a bolt coming out at 70mph, falling into the chain and locking up the rear wheel. It was a pretty dramatic little scene in my head, LOL regardless of the actual possibility of it.

sLoWnStEaDy
04-17-2012, 01:30 PM
whoever answered the phone at Pazours was a complete dick so they aren't getting my business for anything. No idea who it was, sounded old as shit though. Askedhim how he was doing, he replied "what do you want?". Asked him about installed headlights and he said "we dont get into electrical crap". Asked about the tune-up and oi change he said "can't do anything until next week so call back then."

I'll probably just take it to work and do it myself i guess...

Drifte
04-17-2012, 01:32 PM
You'll have a good laugh when your all done and see how easy it was for you. First time takes a little longer, but its no big deal. HID kits are super easy too.

AutoMods
04-17-2012, 01:40 PM
wow....they must be busy.

No excuse, but I get a little ornery this time of year everybody wants stuff done at the same time in the spring. This guy recently told me I need to hire another person if I can't keep up and answer his emails on time. I would if I didn't have to lay them off when people don't order in the winter and wait for spring to order everything. /end rant

SaNdMaNsSi
04-17-2012, 01:56 PM
whoever answered the phone at Pazours was a complete dick so they aren't getting my business for anything. No idea who it was, sounded old as shit though. Askedhim how he was doing, he replied "what do you want?". Asked him about installed headlights and he said "we dont get into electrical crap". Asked about the tune-up and oi change he said "can't do anything until next week so call back then."

I'll probably just take it to work and do it myself i guess...

Haha...yep...that's the old man..... I said the same thing when I called. Luckily, I had met Tim before his dad. Tim is the best guy, though. He really is. Nice guy, funny as hell, all around great. I was just up there about 10 minutes ago (which is probably why the old man answered, I was shooting the shit with Tim). Call back and ask for Tim. You won't regret it. I already told him to be expecting a call from you. And tell him you want a discount because I sent you. He'll probably laugh at you, but he's the best there is. Anytime I've had a problem after he works on something, no charge to work on it again, even if it was because I messed something up. Want me to call Tim and see if he can squeeze you in? Usually if I ask for him to, he has no problem doing it. I'll ask about the headlight stuff, too. There's a few things he doesn't like to do, but will if you ask.

SaNdMaNsSi
04-17-2012, 01:59 PM
wow....they must be busy.

No excuse, but I get a little ornery this time of year everybody wants stuff done at the same time in the spring. This guy recently told me I need to hire another person if I can't keep up and answer his emails on time. I would if I didn't have to lay them off when people don't order in the winter and wait for spring to order everything. /end rant

It doesn't matter what time of year it is, the old man Pazour is ALWAYS in a bad mood. I've been going there weekly and buying stuff for 3 years....I had my first normal conversation with him about 3 months ago. He's dry as hell, and you can NEVER tell if he is serious or not. I bet he drives away at least 5 customers a day with his attitude, but his son is a complete 180 from him.

SaNdMaNsSi
04-17-2012, 02:00 PM
And the funny thing is the old man just answers the phone and sleeps in a chair all day; he doesn't even work on anything there. Don't take your experience from the phone call, stop in and see Tim.

sLoWnStEaDy
04-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Colton: I know it's easy, its just a time thing. I have Landon every other week now and dont want to waste time working on my bike when I could be spending it with my son. I did my 900rr, plugs, oil change, flush led turn signals, fender elim., etc... I am just to the point I would rather pay someone to do it.

I will try to get in touch with Tim and see what he has to say when I get the chance. I just hate rude people, that's why i stopped calling Sunline. Wel, and their prices being stupid high 90% of the time.

SaNdMaNsSi
04-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Colton: I know it's easy, its just a time thing. I have Landon every other week now and dont want to waste time working on my bike when I could be spending it with my son. I did my 900rr, plugs, oil change, flush led turn signals, fender elim., etc... I am just to the point I would rather pay someone to do it.

I will try to get in touch with Tim and see what he has to say when I get the chance. I just hate rude people, that's why i stopped calling Sunline. Wel, and their prices being stupid high 90% of the time.

I understand. Like I said, if I had met his dad first, I wouldn't have ever gone back. But Tim is an awesome guy. I called him and let him know his dad was rude. He knows already. That's pretty much the way the old man is all the time on the phone. He was iffy on wiring up the headlight, wanted to know what kind of bike. It didn't sound like he'd be opposed to it completely. Give him a try.

sLoWnStEaDy
04-17-2012, 02:55 PM
will do...

Also, Ryan... Tell that guy to STFU about his emails. I HATE when peoplle email and then bitch when there is a phone number listed. If you want quick answers, pick up the damn phone. I dont even bother emailing anymore, not businesses or people on craigslist. I have seen a lot of really nice deals, many of which i really wanted to jump on. I dont have the patience for email these days.

Deimos
04-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Im just suprised you are all busy. The auto repair industry has been down all around town for like the last two months,

AutoMods
04-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Im just suprised you are all busy. The auto repair industry has been down all around town for like the last two months,

ATS has been stealing all the business :)

SaNdMaNsSi
04-17-2012, 09:10 PM

Crossing my fingers, but we have been crazy busy all year, and I'm very thankful for that!

96-eclipse-gst
04-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Sorry to hear that Jake, we have been plenty busy and I have a ton of stuff to get done. Hopefully it will pick up for you guys soon, we are heading to that time of season as well.

Deimos
04-18-2012, 04:53 AM
Its sears, firestone, tuffys, goodyear, I know a few places that have gone out of business. Im sure after tax time here it will pick back up.

sLoWnStEaDy
04-18-2012, 07:51 AM
I know we are insanely busy but that is because this is the time of year the factory ships us all the new cars. Also a new physcal (sp?) year so cities/counties get to start spending money again. We have abour 40ish complete builds lined up for this year. Plus a couple dozen retro-fits and then the normal fixes and last minute builds, etc...

JustinS
04-18-2012, 07:54 AM
I know we are insanely busy but that is because this is the time of year the factory ships us all the new cars. Also a new physcal (sp?) year so cities/counties get to start spending money again. We have abour 40ish complete builds lined up for this year. Plus a couple dozen retro-fits and then the normal fixes and last minute builds, etc...
The majority of cities and counties have the same fiscal year as the state, July 1 to June 30. New budgets won't go into effect till July 1, 2012.

sLoWnStEaDy
04-18-2012, 08:54 AM
The majority of cities and counties have the same fiscal year as the state, July 1 to June 30. New budgets won't go into effect till July 1, 2012.

well, must just be because of the factories delivery dates then. All i know is April/May is when they start rolling in. CRPD has 7 brand new cruisers and 17 being updated with new electronics. Couple others have some new stuff coming too...

black88gt
04-18-2012, 11:13 AM
will do...

Also, Ryan... Tell that guy to STFU about his emails. I HATE when peoplle email and then bitch when there is a phone number listed. If you want quick answers, pick up the damn phone. I dont even bother emailing anymore, not businesses or people on craigslist. I have seen a lot of really nice deals, many of which i really wanted to jump on. I dont have the patience for email these days.

You realize email is the main form of communication for businesses these days? Do you fax documents too?

JustinS
04-18-2012, 12:34 PM
You realize email is the main form of communication for businesses these days? Do you fax documents too?
That may be, but phone calls get answers/responses a lot faster than email.

AutoMods
04-18-2012, 01:20 PM
yea emails get the shaft compared to phone calls with most businesses as I see it. we still use a decent amount of fax here too, just business to business fax orders usually.

black88gt
04-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Maybe its the size of the companies we are talking about but emails in my experiences are the most used and calls are only used when its too lengthy or wordy to email; but all those calls have follow-up emails restating what was discussed in the call. Emails are instant and cover everyone's ass. its simply poor business to not respond to emails in a timely manner IMO.