PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate Rant!

Fire Hawk
04-03-2012, 08:08 PM
What is it with people in this fucking town wanting to ride someones ass all the time? It amazes me that they have no consideration for others safety. They don't back off at all! You move so they can go around because they are in a big hurry and after you move.... they barely speed up to go past! It seems as if you drive a sports car or muscle car it's a magnet for retarded drivers to tail gate you when your already going 5+ over! :angryfire: Let alone in an area where cops are known to sit and bust people speeding! I know I should just ignore the bastards but for fucks sake, you can't go out anywhere without someone wanting to tailgate you!!!

SaNdMaNsSi
04-03-2012, 10:01 PM
When I am driving my C6500 and people ride me, I slow down at least 5 mph. Since it has an engine brake, I also speed up and let off the gas which fires off the loud engine brake; if that doesn't let you know to get off my ass, then you're dumb as hell and deserve to be slamming the steering wheel with your hands as I do 10 under.

Chase
04-03-2012, 10:16 PM
I am very frustrated by people that tail gate. I have no problem brake checking or slowing down with the next lane for extended periods of time.

I once kept someone at 60 from Iowa City to the Swisher exit. I was holding 80 when he decided to get on my ass. He was sure to turn his dome light on when he flicked me off.

Clinical
04-04-2012, 01:40 AM
Im the same way. people who fuck around like that I go out of my way to piss off.
People on the main street here where its 40mph will do 60-70 and fly up on me and ride my ass until they can lane change to get around me. So lots of times i'll just match speed with a driver in the next lane, even more fun if they're going 30mph or so.

My favorite thing was on my trip to Des Moines last august in my firebird and I was on I-80 and about 10 miles were shut to one lane and I had tons of cars in front of me and we were doing 50mph, this guy flies up on me at like 80 and rides my ass HORRIBLY. I swear he was inches from me. So as SOON as the other lane opens up he moves over right as I do to pass and honks at me even though I started moving first, I was only moving to pass the semi. I passed the semi at 70 and the guy rode my ass all the way. Then before I could lane change back the guy swerved hard around me and tried to pass me in the slow lane which is when I dropped it a couple gears and just kept blipping the throttle until he got to the next car up and I rode by their side for about 10 minutes until another car came up in the fast lane which I finally moved over.

Guy flipped me off driving by of course. I had a good laugh

Xboosted23X
04-04-2012, 05:47 AM
I'll ride someones ass if they are in the passing lane on the interstate. Its there to pass not drive in.

Ricky
04-04-2012, 06:30 AM
^ I do the same. I will back off everywhere but the fast lane. I give them time to get over if not I will ride their ass until they get the point. With the bike I just pass Between the cars.

bizzle
04-04-2012, 07:22 AM
the only time ill tailgate is if your already going more than 5 under and there is no way around

Drifte
04-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Was just saying how Im tired of my back bumper being "cruise control" for the oblivious drivers.

Fire Hawk
04-04-2012, 09:15 AM
I agree with what everyone has said. When your on the interstate in the left passing lane, pass and GTFO as that is what it is there for! I know I'm not the only one and just with everything I've had going on in my life coupled with the events that took place yesterday... it was like icing on the cake.

Krumm
04-04-2012, 12:18 PM
You guys must hate me. I tailgate anyone that is asking for it. Don't fly past me and the slow down below the speed limit or your going to be seeing my grill in your back seat.

I have serious road rage towards those idiots.

sparkles
04-04-2012, 01:25 PM
I'll ride someones ass if they are in the passing lane on the interstate. Its there to pass not drive in.

^ I do the same. I will back off everywhere but the fast lane. I give them time to get over if not I will ride their ass until they get the point. With the bike I just pass Between the cars.

Screw you both. Especially when I'm already speeding 5-10 over. Slow the hell down. If everyone wasn't going 15-20 over all the damn time everywhere they're driving, we wouldn't have stupid mobile speed units, speed cameras, and speed traps everywhere this day in age.

Stutz
04-04-2012, 01:56 PM

Splitting lanes going 70 plus? Thats retarded as hell

SaNdMaNsSi
04-04-2012, 02:34 PM
I just toss babies out the window if someone is following too closely. That'll show 'em.

Xboosted23X
04-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Screw you both. Especially when I'm already speeding 5-10 over. Slow the hell down. If everyone wasn't going 15-20 over all the damn time everywhere they're driving, we wouldn't have stupid mobile speed units, speed cameras, and speed traps everywhere this day in age.

I usually go 10 over max. If you are already going that fast then you shouldn't have a issue getting over after you pass someone. Two vehicles going the same speed should not be in both lanes.

Some call it tailgating I call it fuel efficient.

Ricky
04-05-2012, 06:07 AM
Splitting lanes going 70 plus? Thats retarded as hell

Ok mom. I don't always split lanes, but when I do it's faster then 70...

Drifte
04-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Made it off my street this morning and was immediately tail gated by some girl for a few blocks. I always get really nervous with tailgaters when my bike is on the hitch rack. Today it was just the rack, so I brake checked her :drive:

tylers88
04-05-2012, 08:40 AM
You guys must hate me. I tailgate anyone that is asking for it. Don't fly past me and the slow down below the speed limit or your going to be seeing my grill in your back seat.

I have serious road rage towards those idiots.

I don't hate you, thats how I am too. Alos gtfo of the hammer lane if you are doing 71 mph passing the guy going 70, its the tall skinny pedal on the right. If its in town, use to happen in Mason ALOT I would run in 1st or 2nd depending on speed and get on it to get on someones ass, usually a loud black truck flying up in people mirror got them out of the way. Normally I run speed limit or maybe 5 over in residential and 10 over everywhere else, I have cruised to Mason at about 70 on back roads and pushing 95 on I35 between highway 3 and Ave. of the Saints a few times.

Drifte
04-05-2012, 08:44 AM

I dont always speed, but when I do; It's excessive.

Caleb
04-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Meh, I can understand why tail gating is annoying. I try not to pay attention too much on who's behind me. I usually ignore tailgaters unless its in kind of tight nit traffic. At the the same time, the last thing you need to do is be hit by some asshole without insurance because they didn't know how to drive courteously. Driving isn't that hard. Micah remember when you didn't have a review mirror in the caprice and suddenly tailgating was never an issue anymore? If you can't see them, they aren't there!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-J8Pe1Bh4Mw4/TrHKlNwufjI/AAAAAAAAAoE/JmzCCsaIF_8/s1600/trollface.png

Caleb
04-05-2012, 10:11 AM
But seriously people, don't drive like an asshole just because someone else is. Don't road rage, shits not worth it. Let the prick's go on with their day and hope he gets wrapped around a pole or gets sent into a ditch or some shit to remind the person, driving is a privilege as long as you treat it as one. But I agree with most of the stuff above there. I don't agree with bikes doing stupid shit on the road. I will probably never own one although they do have their benefits of saving on gas and going fast. But safety wise, too much of a risk in public. If everyone was a safe driver then I might consider it.

Stutz
04-05-2012, 01:36 PM

I forgot we were dealing with a badass bro on his 600

AutoMods
04-11-2012, 09:28 AM
I forgot we were dealing with a badass bro on his 600

that stings

Drifte
04-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Bro hard

Doom
04-11-2012, 09:56 AM
A friend hooked HIDs to a switch and placed them in his reverse lights. Not the safest solution but when he flips it on the tailgaters disappear.

I've had two instances in the last year where someone was driving 10mph or more lower than the speed limit and spaz out on me when I pass (legally) - one even followed me onto the interstate and back through Coralville for a good 20 minutes yelling at his windshield the whole way. You'd think that with our new gun laws people would check their rage because you never know what the next guy is capable of...

SaNdMaNsSi
04-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Bro hard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zvTRQr7ns8

THAT'S Bro Hard.

Drifte
04-12-2012, 07:52 AM
ahahaha that reminds me of lonely bro's everywhere. Being snatched up and stolen by women...adopt a bro today.

Drifte
04-12-2012, 12:09 PM
speaking of bad drivers, for those that arent on fb. Riding down wiley at exactly noon I was in the right lane behind a car. I have to turn left to work and I change lanes, she hits her turn signal and brakes to turn right before then. As Im putting by her She flips me off (window down, finger out). Had I atleast expected that I woulda revved her ear drum stupid. But she caught me off guard so I just looked at er.

Caleb
04-12-2012, 12:44 PM
speaking of bad drivers, for those that arent on fb. Riding down wiley at exactly noon I was in the right lane behind a car. I have to turn left to work and I change lanes, she hits her turn signal and brakes to turn right before then. As Im putting by her She flips me off (window down, finger out). Had I atleast expected that I woulda revved her ear drum stupid. But she caught me off guard so I just looked at er.

With the experiences I've had with a lot of women on the road, very few men incidences. I'm in favor of them having extra 'courtesy and gauging distances' tests.

Also, there's a lot of men and women who don't use turn signals in general traffic, they need to be shot as well. About 95% of the time, I use my turn signal, If I'm alone on the road and there is no one absolutely around me while I'm on the highway or interstate is the only exception I might not use it, but even then, I still do majority of the time out of habit.

Caleb
04-12-2012, 12:54 PM
I remember a week ago when I was leaving caseys off of center point road by 380. Theres enough room for about 4 cars to sit side by side each other in the entrance/exit. However with the general rules of entrances, you need to leave an entrance, a left turn, and a right turn because there its no going straight at that spot. So 3 lanes, 33%, 33%, 33%. This stupid bitch I pulled up next to was partially in the right(mainly) turning lane and left turning lane making it where you couldn't go right definitely unless you were on a bike, because she was in her big suv. So I pulled up next to her and put on my left turn signal and she looks over and gives me this death stare as if wtf are you doing (keep in mind there was plenty of room for people to enter into the lot to caseys). And then I noticed the woman had her left turn signal on wanting to turn left while being mainly in the right lane...I promptly reversed so the stupid bitch wouldn't try going and then hit me as she was pulling out. My girlfriend did the same shit leaving the end of out street, its a 2 lane and she'll sit in the middle of the road to take a left blocking people from entering down the street. Pisses me off people don't taking driving seriously/courteously.