PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with a 2wd suv or truck on here?

AutoMods
03-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Been looking at getting a new suv, maybe a truck. Been considering a 2wd for better mpg's and they are cheaper/lighter, figure if I get a 2wd only I could run some blizzaks. This last winter was great but anyone with 2wd have trouble getting around the last few years?

slow ride
03-26-2012, 05:34 PM
You would be fine 95% of the time and you really don't drive that much. It's just when you need it it might suck a little. If it's 2wd make sure the rear is lsd (and built :))

tylers88
04-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Been looking at getting a new suv, maybe a truck. Been considering a 2wd for better mpg's and they are cheaper/lighter, figure if I get a 2wd only I could run some blizzaks. This last winter was great but anyone with 2wd have trouble getting around the last few years?

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1553&pictureid=17974

That guy is from Iowa, hes on GMfullsize.com, i almost bought it when he had it forsale. Quite a few guys on there that have lowered trucks in snow climates, there are even a couple guys with bagged truck that drive in snow. My crew cab is 4x4 and in 2010(last bad winter) it was in 2wd 90% of the time, only time it was in 4wd is when I was gravel crusing for deer or when I shouldn't have been on the roads but was out sliding around and doing shitties in the high school parking lot. I think with good snow tires and some smart driving you will be fine.

86svo9L
04-04-2012, 08:22 AM
I have a 2wd explorer and it gets around just fine in the snow, not as good as our AWD Mountaineer but the Mountaineer gets 13mpg, Explorer 24mpg, easy choice for me on which to drive.