PDA

View Full Version : 1980 Chevy Camaro RS

Fire Hawk
03-15-2012, 11:06 PM
I have a 1980 Camaro RS that I need to sell. I have some health issues that have come up that have prevented me from being able to work on the car. I need to sell the car now to pay for the medical bills that are coming in. The car is torn down quite a ways since my my original intentions were to fix it up and keep it since this was a car I've always wanted. The car will need to be towed on a trailer.

I'm looking at the first $750.00 or best offer for the car.

About the car:
The car came with a 305 & TH350 trans. The car is a T-Top car and has power windows. The engine does have some type of cam in it. I have the engine from carb to oil pan. (no distributor or air cleaner). Do not know anything more about the engine as I had no intention of using it. The rear axle tubes were welded up. I've kept pretty much everything that's been reusable on the car inside & out.

The 305 engine & th350 transmission go with.

I do have the original wheels the car came with. One of them was bad as it was leaking from a crack in it. The Front sub-frame seams have been welded. The rear frame rails look to be in good shape also. I have a couple different sheet metal sheets that I was going to use for patching in the floor that can go with if wanted. The car overall is really solid and the rusty areas have been cut out out of the floor that I've found. The car is a lot more solid looking than what some of the picture links below can make it look like!

I have a bunch of new parts that I was going to use to make the car a pro-touring / fun daily driver.

Parts I have that are brand new available for purchasing also with the car:

Pro-Touring F-Body Matched Shocks & Springs with new hardware.
Pro-Touring F-Body Upper control arms.
Pro-Touring F-Body Solid aluminum body bushings.
Pro-Touring F-Body G-Braces.
Pro-Touring F-Body Bolt or Weld in Subframe connectors.
Moog Upper & Lower Ball joints for both sides.
Have a box of prothane polyurethane bushings/parts.
KMC HotWheels 68 17x8 Fronts with Falken 452's 235/45/17's
KMC HotWheels 68 17x9 Rears with Falken 452's 275/40/17's

Engines that need gone through:

Have a used 350 shortblock (2 bolt main I belive) from a 1990 Chevy Caprice
Have a used 454 bored 0.030 over. (Have front brackets and pulleys)

(Exterior Shots) http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f82/disturbedone68/1980 Camaro/
(Interior/Exterior pics) http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f82/disturbedone68/1980 Camaro/more camaro/
(Tear Down pics) http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f82/disturbedone68/1980 Camaro/Camaro Tear Down/

Fire Hawk
03-18-2012, 03:36 PM
sale pending

Fire Hawk
03-19-2012, 03:58 PM
Car is sold!

AutoMods
03-21-2012, 11:47 AM
sorry to hear about your health problems. so no more project cars ?

Fire Hawk
03-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Thank you Ryan, As for project cars, I wont be doing anything like I was trying to do with the Camaro. I'm getting my strength and stamina back finally!! It was so bad that I could barely walk up stairs or let alone lift my legs in and out of my car. I'm going to the UIHC on the 28th for a 2nd opinion. I still have my Mach 1 that the wife and I will get to play with!