PDA

View Full Version : Kill Kony

Deimos
03-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Like it said this dude needs to be tortured and killed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1FastSRT-4
03-08-2012, 07:58 PM
yes he does, shits crazy.

Caleb
03-08-2012, 08:12 PM
This is old news being brought to light now, its like learning about 9/11 today even though it was 11 years ago.

Deimos
03-08-2012, 08:15 PM
It is to raise awareness... Sounds like it's doing it's job.

JustinS
03-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Awareness to do what? Posting a vid to Facebook and liking a status isn't going to do shit. Also, donating to a 'charity' that provides guns to rebels to fight this Kony douche is dumb...and only 30% of donations even make it there.

Its the hipster trend of the week, dumb.

JustinS
03-08-2012, 09:23 PM
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo239/sbrar-15/c3efdd30.jpg

JustinS
03-08-2012, 09:38 PM
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo239/sbrar-15/072f37d4.jpg
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo239/sbrar-15/f4e5eade.jpg

Chase
03-08-2012, 10:15 PM
The idea of the campaign is to raise awareness. It's done just that.

I don't see why anyone would be against raising awareness to a conflict like this. Sure its been going on for some time now, yet the majority know nothing of it. I think its good what they are doing.

Domestic Disturbance
03-09-2012, 02:57 AM
Let me tell you how much I care about africa. . That much. Sorry Marley one love!

Deimos
03-09-2012, 05:19 AM
Awareness to do what? Posting a vid to Facebook and liking a status isn't going to do shit. Also, donating to a 'charity' that provides guns to rebels to fight this Kony douche is dumb...and only 30% of donations even make it there.

Its the hipster trend of the week, dumb.

Apparently the talk show I listened to before watching the vid was wrong so my 36 percent statistic was wrong so I deleted it. Im also willing to bet that you did not watch the video and do not know what its about other than getting cliffs notes on facebook. You don't have to donate they are trying to raise awareness.

JustinS
03-09-2012, 08:25 AM
If Kony was removed from power there would be thousands more chomping at the bit to take his place, you would then be in the same position with a new asshole. if the people of Africa can't/don't want to prevent this from happening again in the future they don't need help from us.

I thought it was common knowledge that idiots in Africa used kids as soldiers.

We don't need another Mogadishu Blackhawk Down scenario in a place where the people don't even want our help.

Chase
03-09-2012, 08:45 AM
One of the more ignorant comments I've read online.

Bravo.

AutoMods
03-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Most of the people that like the Kony video and Invisible children don't know anything about it. Most of the people that hate the Kony video don't know anything about it either. Watch a couple youtube videos and read a couple yahoo articles and everyone is an expert now. Political ricers :)

Chase
03-09-2012, 08:51 AM
Well that's how everything is today really. It doesn't take long to know everything about something.

Im no expert on the subject. I've read a few books related to the conflicts. I'm just happy to see something being done and on a large scale.

JustinS
03-09-2012, 08:52 AM
One of the more ignorant comments I've read online.

Bravo.
Explain.

JustinS
03-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Most of the people that like the Kony video and Invisible children don't know anything about it. Most of the people that hate the Kony video don't know anything about it either. Watch a couple youtube videos and read a couple yahoo articles and everyone is an expert now. Political ricers :)
I watched the video, I still don't give two shits about Africa. We have enough problems here at home to worry about for me to even care one ounce about Africa.

Clinical
03-09-2012, 09:04 AM
http://www.picsend.net/images/424933133122358020.jpg

JustinS
03-09-2012, 09:06 AM
I had Koni yellows on a previous car, loved 'em!

black88gt
03-09-2012, 09:10 AM
things like this always remind me that as fucked up as the U.S. can be, we still have it pretty nice.

O and let them sort this shit out its not our place

sparkles
03-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Explain.
Yes, please explain. I'm curious as well.

things like this always remind me that as fucked up as the U.S. can be, we still have it pretty nice.

O and let them sort this shit out its not our place
Exactly. When this country decides to quit being in everyone's business, you'll see the economy get better, get attacked less by "terrorists", and get back to the superpower we used to be.

Clinical
03-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Imagine if WW2 happened now, the US would jump in so fast these days it'd probably trip over itself on the way.
How we at one time were trying to avoid conflict or getting in the middle of a conflict across the world just baffles me with the way things go today/

sparkles
03-09-2012, 09:31 AM
This is why we need Ron Paul.

black88gt
03-09-2012, 09:46 AM
This is why we need Ron Paul.

That would require the general public to pull its collective head out of its collective ass and that's not happening

JustinS
03-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Awesome

In west uganda, born n raised
on the battlefield is where i spent most of my days
chillin' out, maxin' reloadin' all cool
and taking some african kids out of their school

when a couple of liberals started making me fret
started making trouble on the internet
they started one campaign and my men demanded, they said "you're movin with your kids to a barracks in sudan"

i whistled for a vehicle and when it came near
it was a school bus with armed kids in the rear
if anything i coulda went to a few villages and installed more fear
but i thought "nah, forget it, yo kids we're outta here"

i pulled up in the sudan 'bout 7 ot 8
and i yelled to museveni "umad, smell you later"
looked at my army composed of all of my homies
to sit at my throne, cos i'm joseph mother****in' kony

Chase
03-09-2012, 10:48 AM
I thought it was common knowledge that idiots in Africa used kids as soldiers.

Ignorant: due to or showing lack of knowledge or training

That statement, made me think this, of you.

JustinS
03-09-2012, 11:01 AM
That's the only issue you had? Wow.

Chase
03-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Yeah. The other two statements you made I agree with.

Obviously stupider things have been said on the internet. A grain of salt as they say.

sparkles
03-09-2012, 11:55 AM
I love the movie "Lord of War". That being said, it made me want to never visit anywhere in Africa.

Drifte
03-09-2012, 12:13 PM
I love the movie "Lord of War". That being said, it made me want to never visit anywhere in Africa.

Great movie, havent watched it years, mine got scratched.

political ricers, i like it.

Domestic Disturbance
03-11-2012, 03:49 PM
I watched the video, I still don't give two shits about Africa. We have enough problems here at home to worry about for me to even care one ounce about Africa.

Exactly. People barely want to help out each other here, but when it comes to shit overseas why are we so sympathetic. If you want to dream of a conflict free dream utopia go ahead and dream, but human nature doesn't allow it. Its stuff like this that makes me a million times more grateful to be where I am and be grateful. Okay now I'm 'aware' of another shitty conflict in Africa. Now what?

I understand the need to want to help people, but its like asking someone to give blood till they are shrivled up and dead. There needs to be some level of self (or country) preservation.

sparkles
03-11-2012, 09:20 PM
America seems to be the first one there to help when there's some crises. Tsunami in Japan. Earthquake in Haiti. Tsunami in Indonesia. Etc. I'd like to know where OUR help is when we have shit like Katrina, tornadoes, earthquakes, and flooding. I don't see anyone helping us in times of need.