PDA

View Full Version : ls1 dune buggy for sale at iowa auction

AutoMods
03-06-2012, 08:28 AM
http://www.salvagedirect.com/asp/viewitem.asp?itemid=990008 .

Batwood
03-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Haha, I saw that last week.
Motor and trans are just sitting in the back.
Pre-bid of $7000 though! Is it worth it?

AutoMods
03-06-2012, 11:49 AM
not sure about that $7k. I didn't see that minimum bid. nobody has the balls to do a real auction these days. I won a 4 wheeler on the crashedtoys website and they called me the next day and told me there was a reserve and they wanted like $1500 more. scammers.

JustinS
03-06-2012, 12:07 PM
not sure about that $7k. I didn't see that minimum bid. nobody has the balls to do a real auction these days. I won a 4 wheeler on the crashedtoys website and they called me the next day and told me there was a reserve and they wanted like $1500 more. scammers.
That isn't reall a min starting. I'd though, you can pre-bid before the auction and put your max price in. It's not like 7k was the reserve.

Ehere could even drive a dune buggy in Iowa?

AutoMods
03-06-2012, 12:21 PM
That isn't reall a min starting. I'd though, you can pre-bid before the auction and put your max price in. It's not like 7k was the reserve.

Ehere could even drive a dune buggy in Iowa?

ohh, i was looking at it wrong. they still screwed me on their crashedtoys website though so i have a bad taste for those guys

JustinS
03-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Jesus, after reading my last post I sounded drunk. Damn iPhone.

Batwood
03-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Auctions now have "pre-bids" before the live auction.
The live auction will start at the value of the "pre-bid."

So, if it gets no bids during the live sale, it will sell to who-ever bid the $7k.
They almost never sell for the amount of the pre-bid, but that seems insanely high to me.
(Unless its cause I'm logged in or something, it should say "current high bid" right below the top picture.)

Deimos
03-06-2012, 05:07 PM
The reason you didnt get it ryan cuz they must have sold it on an "if"

Batwood
03-06-2012, 06:43 PM
The reason you didnt get it ryan cuz they must have sold it on an "if"

This.

The only "good" thing about that is sometimes they'll come up for sale weeks in a row if they don't bring what they want. Eventually they'll drop em down a bit.

Deimos
03-06-2012, 06:50 PM
both the gxp and the camaro were bought on an if I was suprised geico didnt counter with the GXP.

Batwood
03-06-2012, 09:02 PM
both the gxp and the camaro were bought on an if I was suprised geico didnt counter with the GXP.

I got the Vette on an if. They wanted like $1000 more and I refused. Got a call 30 min later saying it was mine!

Deimos
03-07-2012, 07:00 PM
nice thing about an if is on the test drive is something is facted up you can say no way.

AutoMods
03-07-2012, 07:59 PM
whats an 'if' ?

Batwood
03-07-2012, 10:13 PM
whats an 'if' ?

It means you are the winning bidder, but its not technically yours until they verify with the seller. They may require more money than your bid before they let the car go. Its like a protect or reserve price.

AutoMods
03-08-2012, 08:45 AM
It means you are the winning bidder, but its not technically yours until they verify with the seller. They may require more money than your bid before they let the car go. Its like a protect or reserve price.

They just need to put a note on the listing that says it has a reserve price on it, just like ebay does. If I'm going to make a serious bid, I'm going to do a little research on what their worth. Just a waste of time when they come out with a reserve price that is higher than private party price .

I usually like to just skip over ebay auctions if they have a reserve price.