PDA

View Full Version : Super low alignment racks?

ia240drifter
02-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Ok so i'm getting to the point where i will need an alignment for the "Beater" drift car does anyone know of a place with a in ground alignment rack or one able to do lowered vehicles? my vehicle sat pretty low last year and i just bought new coilovers that will have my car sitting about an 1" to 1.5" lower than last year. also do you know if they are willing to do custom spec alignments? the last place i took it to (tires plus) threw a fit when i asked them to do a custom alignment and snapped a friends brand new adjustable outer tie-rod and told him it was because it was aftermarket and they didn't do anything to fix it. so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! if nothing around here i suppose ill haul it to a shop in chicago but i hope not!

Chase
02-28-2012, 07:51 AM
I am needing one as well.

Group buy!

Xboosted23X
02-28-2012, 02:49 PM
I went to sears when I got mine last year. I told Jake what specs I wanted and he set it up just fine. Although it is a rack and the tech doesn't drive a twin disk clutch well.

Deimos
02-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Lets clarify Fred didnt drive it too well. I usually guide tony up and snickerlicker was guided up as well. I really prefer not to drive the cars on a matter of principle.

Chase
02-28-2012, 03:10 PM
When I was at sears the guy was very "We are sears can't do that" with me. I do know a couple guys there though. You work there as well right Deimos? Is there a way I can work something out for an alignment done to my specifications?

Deimos
02-28-2012, 03:17 PM
I like to think I am the best but for 240's I would recammend Mr. Matt you are already friend;s with Jaimie. I have done some wicked stuff with alignments and can adjust it to whatever you want but Matt loves the 240's

Doom
03-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Related question - are there good tire shops in IC (preferably) or CR that are able to do minor stretches? I've got my wheels and tires ready to go for summer but am nervous about who I should let touch them... Probably should road force balance too.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4876/phuppimagekjv.jpg

Xboosted23X
03-05-2012, 03:42 PM
When I got my tires back from powder coat I check around a couple places. A few said they wouldn't do it as they might scratch them. I went to Good year downtown CR and was happy with the outcome. It was a little more than other places but they didn't scratch them. Also I had a pretty stiff sidewall tire to mount, I'm not sure how that compares to a stretched tire though.

Doom
03-05-2012, 03:48 PM
I had my last wheels road force balanced at Billion Honda, and they did a decent enough job at the balancing but let the impact collide with the lug channels that damaged the finish and the weights were left in visible spots. I'm trying to find a place that will do the road force balancing, hand tighten everything, and isn't afraid to stretch (nothing crazy - 275/30/20 on a 10.5" wide wheel, 235/35/20 on a 9" wide). Going to CR is an option but realistically I'm not certain I can fit everything in my car for a single trip.

Deimos
03-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Take your tires to ATS. So when do these alignments want done?

Chase
03-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Im about a month away. I am having my knuckles modified first.

I am also going to request thread locker be used on my inner tie rods ends where they go into the rack. No questions asked please :deal:

Deimos
03-06-2012, 05:09 AM
That would be a double inner install why wouldn't you just do that at home? Btw I use red lock tite on all inner I install got that ingrained in me from when I worked at ford.

Chase
03-06-2012, 07:40 AM
I just kind of assumed that the inners would be adjusted at some point during an alignment. Everythings done with the outter tie rod end though?

chayxse
03-06-2012, 02:49 PM
I know most people went to Nissan because of the inground GTR certified rack, but last time I went they did the alignment but put in the wrong settings I requested. I went to have them changed to what I wanted and they were going to charge me $350 for the alignment.
That being said, I need another alignment and need somewhere to go as well.

chayxse
03-06-2012, 02:50 PM
I just kind of assumed that the inners would be adjusted at some point during an alignment. Everythings done with the outter tie rod end though?

And yes, once the inners are threaded into the rack nothing gets changed on that part of the tie rod. All adjustment is done through the outers.

Chase
03-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Yes my alignment from Nissan back in the day sucked too. I have no caster and it's caused me some problems on the track. Time to finally fix it.

chayxse
03-06-2012, 04:29 PM
They had my caster set 4 degrees off between sides, toe in the rear was positive, camber at 0 in rear, and 4 degrees of camber difference in the front. They sucked so I've done my own alignment thats worked pretty well. But a professional and a rack is what I need.
So is there any confirmation on where to go and who to talk to?

Deimos
03-06-2012, 05:02 PM
well if you want me to align it I can make a guest appearance if not well best of luck to ya. Either way works.

Chase
03-06-2012, 10:02 PM
I'll try to get a hold of you hear in about a month. That would be awesome.

chayxse
03-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Chase have you gotten any other suspension components lately?

Chase
03-07-2012, 08:09 AM
I've got a super angle kit on the way (spacers for the steering rack and parts to modify the knuckles). Other than that I havent touched the suspension.

Chase
04-10-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm probably probably a week away from needing an alignment.

How much are we looking at for an alignment Demios. How low of a car can get on this rack?

Deimos
04-10-2012, 05:52 PM
You would have to call out there its been a while obviously I wont be aligning it this weekend unless its gonna be raining. You can always request Matt he's a good guy.

Chase
04-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Oh so like do it through sears? It sounded like maybe you'd be doing it after hours or something.

Sears doesn't like to do alignments for me. Or anything for that matter.

boxmakingman
05-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Is there anyone who could do an alignment this weekend?

Chase
05-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Im going to Iowa city for mine friday morning :/.