PDA

View Full Version : DSM gets walked by Vette

LT1Dan
02-24-2012, 08:49 PM
A buddy of mine showed me this. Some weakass DSM getting walked by a Vette...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1am25ETfAw

sparkles
02-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Was the Camera car Bill's?

slow ride
02-24-2012, 09:13 PM
DaMn VeTte NeEdS Da NaWzzzz 2 wIn

c_mart_28
02-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Holy coincidence..

I remember watching this exact video on my parent's computer..had to be ~2002-2003 timeframe.

Had no idea it was your car Ryan! Its crazy I remember it so vividly.

Jappbox
02-24-2012, 09:20 PM
LOL ryan tearing up the streets of Cedar Falls?

JustinS
02-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Sure looked like university ave in cf to me, Ryan's such a ricer lol.

LT1Dan
02-24-2012, 10:02 PM
My friend sent it to me and I did a double take when it said Importevolution. I guess that Vette inspired Ryan to leave the dark side. haha

oVa-Boost
02-24-2012, 10:25 PM
I'v seen that vette in person now he has a supercharged build with the hood custom cut and you can see the supercharger when hood is shut looks wicked he told me with his drag pack it ran 9.90s in 1/4 mile hes also building a Twin turbo trans am hes almost done with the trans am and has like 10,000 miles on it black in color looks nuts from pictures he showed me he has couple older vettes and had blueish purple marauder with blower out the hood . he tunes hp tuners up in waterloo cedar falls area.

Clinical
02-24-2012, 10:31 PM
holy shit thats ryan?! i've been watching that vid since I first even got into cars in 2007 and never realized that!

allgo
02-24-2012, 10:36 PM
I'v seen that vette in person now he has a supercharged build with the hood custom cut and you can see the supercharger when hood is shut looks wicked he told me with his drag pack it ran 9.90s in 1/4 mile hes also building a Twin turbo trans am hes almost done with the trans am and has like 10,000 miles on it black in color looks nuts from pictures he showed me he has couple older vettes and had blueish purple marauder with blower out the hood . he tunes hp tuners up in waterloo cedar falls area.

sorry seen that vette at the track its barely been 10.90s let alone 9.90s..

oVa-Boost
02-24-2012, 10:46 PM
sorry seen that vette at the track its barely been 10.90s let alone 9.90s..

gotcha lol guess he was full of it then thats what he told me haha either way it was a nice c5

AutoMods
02-25-2012, 12:46 AM
ha ha. that video is epic. fun to read the comments and haters on youtube. I made that video before youtube was even around. now other people have posted it on youtube and that one posting has 750,000 views. not to mention there is many different postings of it by different people.

if i added up all the versions out there, probably has millions of views. I should be rich like Rebecca Black.

I got invited to a show on spike tv that was going to air some street videos, including that one, they ended up canceling the segment though.

slow ride
02-25-2012, 07:28 AM
Eric's vette has been 9.90's quite a few years back at a vette meet I think. Only a few runs on the blower, bottle and forged engine with drag pack and auto. It's never running quite right at the track when I've seen it the last few years. Always blubbering with excess fuel or the nitrous isn't working, but fuel is so it's rich. Needs some dyno time and blow the cob webs out of it. It's doesn't get out much as he is pretty busy with work. Super clean car. Not sure when the turbo ta will come out, but it's nice looking and should run decent at the track with time.

In the video it was basically a heads, cam, stock bottom end car on a 150 shot at times. I think he said low 400's back then NA then the 150 on top.

allgo
02-25-2012, 08:03 AM
Eric's vette has been 9.90's quite a few years back at a vette meet I think. Only a few runs on the blower, bottle and forged engine with drag pack and auto. It's never running quite right at the track when I've seen it the last few years. Always blubbering with excess fuel or the nitrous isn't working, but fuel is so it's rich. Needs some dyno time and blow the cob webs out of it. It's doesn't get out much as he is pretty busy with work. Super clean car. Not sure when the turbo ta will come out, but it's nice looking and should run decent at the track with time.

In the video it was basically a heads, cam, stock bottom end car on a 150 shot at times. I think he said low 400's back then NA then the 150 on top.

Ok.. the only time I ve seen it at cedar falls its runs like a turd..but jesus 9.90s with a blower and nitrous and a auto something surely isnt right with that car then..

slow ride
02-25-2012, 08:55 AM
It's a baby maggie. Like yours, but the origional and much smaller (I think 112). I think the car is in the mid/low 500's on blower alone so nothing crazy. Car is slammed so not sure if the 60ft are there without the drag pack either. I know Eric is a very modist nice guy so he wouldn't make anything up. He own the auto repair shop Advanced Auto in Evensdale.

The TA was bought on ls1tech and I think it made around 800 with a six speed and not sure with the turbo 400. It's a forged 6.0l with smaller twins. I know he took everything apart to clean up everything. I think he is going to run it at the track when it's finished then sell it.

SLVR7
02-25-2012, 09:47 AM
Eric's car did run 9.90 once or twice. It ran those passes after he got it back from lpe, since then he "tuned" it to the mid twelves.

c_mart_28
02-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Ryan how long has importevolution.com been around?

slow ride
02-25-2012, 12:02 PM
I think it's been about 8 years or so.

AutoMods
02-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Ryan how long has importevolution.com been around?

I think that video was made around 2002.

The website was kind of like a little club of members around waterloo/cedar falls when I was at college at UNI so its been around since the year 2000 or so. Had like 20-30 videos and pictures of people cars/mods and a basic mini-forum that I programmed myself with php/mysql before CRU was around. The bigger/nicer forum software started coming out like phpbb and vbulletin so my shit was obsolete . Turned the website into ecommerce around 2002. Went full time in 2004 .

c_mart_28
02-25-2012, 01:16 PM
This video being tied to you and Iowa in general still blows me away. I had probably watched it 50 or so times when I was just getting into cars.

And to your earlier mention of it being before youtube, I think I had actually downloaded it at a friend's house via limewire if I'm not mistaken. I bet nearly every early-2000's car guy had seen this video at least once.

Caleb
02-25-2012, 01:24 PM
This video being tied to you and Iowa in general still blows me away. I had probably watched it 50 or so times when I was just getting into cars.

And to your earlier mention of it being before youtube, I think I had actually downloaded it at a friend's house via limewire if I'm not mistaken. I bet nearly every early-2000's car guy had seen this video at least once.

Same here. Ryan, I don't think you know how many people have seen this video. Youtube @ 700,000 is probably a miniscule number vs the real numbers lol. I too, saw this before youtube as well as my older brother. And after seeing University avenue, I couldn't believe I've drove on that road over and over when visiting the girlfriend lol.

But awesome none the less.

stangvortech
02-25-2012, 02:47 PM
hahah nice got to love CF there is alot of vets up there!

MurderedSnake
02-25-2012, 04:33 PM
haha that's awesome, I raced some kid in a 1999-2004 GT with bolt-ons in that exact same spot on University. He turned off immediately after I pulled a few lengths on him in second gear. The car scene in Cedar Falls is a joke anymore, nothing but a bunch of white trash in shitty trucks with glass packs, 12 foot whips, and more LED's than a big rig.

SLVR7
02-25-2012, 04:38 PM
haha that's awesome, I raced some kid in a 1999-2004 GT with bolt-ons in that exact same spot on University. He turned off immediately after I pulled a few lengths on him in second gear. The car scene in Cedar Falls is a joke anymore, nothing but a bunch of white trash in shitty trucks with glass packs, 12 foot whips, and more LED's than a big rig.

So true, but there is a few of us car guys left.

Caleb
02-25-2012, 04:50 PM

That reminds me when went up there once to visit my GF, some girl in a newer 2010 V6 Stang wanted to race me on Husdon. The first light she stepped on it and squealed her tires and all i said to myself "is this woman serious? wtf lol?", then we came up to another red light and she was looking over and reving at me. I decided to ease the launch and shot ahead of her and shut in down as soon as I hit 60 and was 2 cars ahead of her in the middle of second gear and slowed back to 35 and she went past me honking her horn lol....women.

BGjohnson
02-25-2012, 06:59 PM
I remember this vid too from way back when, cool to know it was local..ish!!

Jappbox
02-25-2012, 07:35 PM
I watched this video way back before I even had a decent car. And then 5 years later I watched it again was like holly shit that Was Ryan! Now today I watch it and think damn that is a old video. I remember seeing that car up at CFR and Vintion car cruise, he had the super charger sticking out of the hood later on. I thought it did run some mid tens at one time but maybe not.

85XR7Project
02-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah that's definitely CF, that would be University and Main when they first race (it IS a bad place to race). I remember watching this stuff in high school. I swear I even met you at some point Ryan, I remember the white Talon 2g and someone had a blue 1g who I think was a cousin of a guy I knew from school. Didn't you just have a bunch of vids posted on your site at one point?