View Full Version : Good Corridor-Area Audio Shop?

Doom
02-16-2012, 10:30 PM
I need to redo my folding signal mirrors but want to do them a little differently this time. Iowa City seems limited to Auto Toyz or Best Buy. Are there any high-end audio shops in CR people would recommend? It's a relatively straightforward project but totally custom...

AutoMods
02-16-2012, 11:32 PM
why not do it yourself

Doom
02-16-2012, 11:40 PM
I might but don't have much electrical experience. Would pay a reasonable price for piece of mind. :/

Domestic Disturbance
02-17-2012, 12:49 AM
I forget the name of Yogi's shop, but sounds like something he'd be interested in. Anyone know the name of his shop?

Deimos
02-17-2012, 05:04 AM
yogi works on cars?

Stg4raddo
02-17-2012, 06:08 AM
What are you looking to have done to them?

AutoMods
02-17-2012, 07:40 AM
don't like Auto Toys ?

Doom
02-17-2012, 08:20 AM
What are you looking to have done to them?
The JDM mirrors use three more wires than do the US models. I need to modify the factory harness to include these three leads at the mirror and at the switch. I think it should be relatively easy but I don't have the knowledge how to test which wire does what. Hesitant to engage trial and error since the mirrors are very pricey.

don't like Auto Toys ?
They do good work but I'd like to try someone else. They helped with the original set of mirrors but I'm after more of an OEM install this go around.

Stg4raddo
02-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Well if you know what the three wires should do it wont be bad. Ive added heated, power folding mirrors to f-350's
etc

Ill throw my ideas in on Auto toys. They dont have the best installers in the area. they seem to rotate them out often.

Best buy is well best buy.

Ultimate mobile Concepts on the sw side of town is OK depending on what you want to do.

Yogi's shop idk about thought he was doing upolstry now idk. I know he sells some audio dont know who installs

My Vote goes to Automotive electronics. Talk to Nick at the front counter and ask to have kaleb do the work.

I installed for just about 5 years at both best buy and Automotive electronics.

Doom
02-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Good info - thanks.

Stg4raddo
02-17-2012, 10:14 AM
No problem. Last time I stoped by they were still swamped with remote starts so if you were willing to wait a little while every thing calms down So the more Custom jobs are easier to fit in and let the guys do good work.

you can say tyler sent you their way. check out the web site they have some of the work they have done online.

http://www.aestereo.com/

Doom
05-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Kaleb did awesome work. I asked for an OEM level install for a new set of imported folding mirrors and his work was impeccable. Not cheap but a thousand times better than Auto Toys and worth every penny.

Thanks again for the recommendation.