02-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Almost looks fake.... lol. Things looks kinda crazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuEJ9DiBp3k&feature=related

lenny
02-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Not fake.

civicex_1134
02-15-2012, 09:33 PM
lol, i know i know..... maybe i should buy one :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIR1YNYW9k8&feature=related

AutoMods
02-15-2012, 11:43 PM
gas gauge went down

Jappbox
02-16-2012, 07:40 AM
Thats not even 1100whp supra. easy to make that now a days E85 and 76mm will do 1200

Jappbox
02-16-2012, 07:42 AM
lol, i know i know..... maybe i should buy one :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIR1YNYW9k8&feature=related

Supra> Any Honda/Acura

expect to pay 35k for a semi stock one, and 45k+ for anything that makes 850hp+

h22apwrd94
02-16-2012, 10:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/v/eWi3DhLP4wM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3

Another entertaining speedo video. It is amazing what power can do. Merdich's car (midori green hatch) is pretty nasty.

black88gt
02-16-2012, 11:28 AM

Another entertaining speedo video. It is amazing what power can do. Merdich's car (midori green hatch) is pretty nasty.

It showed that dyno whats up.

Dyno vids are boring as hell. They kept talking about "records" but the wheels were never on pavement.

Drifte
02-16-2012, 01:19 PM
fun to watch speedo's and tach's wrap around. Supra was nuts.

Aircooled
02-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Supras are junk.

expect to pay 35k for a semi stock one, and 45k+ for anything that makes 850hp+

Depends on the year, 20-25k will get you a semi-stock auto these days, 23-30k will get you a semi-stock 6spd, at least 93-95s.

c_mart_28
02-16-2012, 01:54 PM
I've had actively looked prior to buying my Cobra.

Honestly, I just couldn't justify it. I really think I'd almost rather have a -gte/v160 swapped sc300. In order to get a Supra that would be up to my standards I'd have to spend ~$30k or more..

black88gt
02-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Supras are junk.

Lolwut

Jappbox
02-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Supras are junk.

Depends on the year, 20-25k will get you a semi-stock auto these days, 23-30k will get you a semi-stock 6spd, at least 93-95s.

Yea if you want one with 200k miles on it and beat to shit you can get one under 30k. But for the nice ones out there with tastfull mods or one that has matching numbers no salvage title or anything your going to pay for it. If you get one under 30k your going to have lots of work, bad paint and a mess in wireing from prior owners. The market has stayed steady for some time. There is only about 3 good ones for sale right now on supraforums, the rest are junk. Buying a 12+ year old car is hard because your spending a ton of money on it.

Jappbox
02-16-2012, 02:17 PM

To me it seems dynos really dont show the Speedo correctly because you dont have wind and other factors. The software figures that into your numbers. But still fun to watch the mph go high.

Jappbox
02-16-2012, 02:20 PM
I've had actively looked prior to buying my Cobra.

Honestly, I just couldn't justify it. I really think I'd almost rather have a -gte/v160 swapped sc300. In order to get a Supra that would be up to my standards I'd have to spend ~$30k or more..

I hear yea. Or a 240 with 2jz, for sale with stock motor Auto TH400 setup for Drag runs 9.3's all day Pretty impressive for a unopend Long Block 2jz. and its only 15k much cheaper if your looking for a drag type. Really a Supra in my opinion is to nice to make just a drag car unless its a beat up chasiss. Im pretty pissed at what my old supra has turned into, Its fast yes but it was one of 102 made and now is cut up for drag only. Very sad

slow ride
02-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Guy on another board got a 93' 6 speed for $24,700 with 37k on it. He can have it though since you can get way more car for less money. I know they can be monsters, but low end torque is WAY more fun.

c_mart_28
02-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Eh, I can vouch for both sides of that arguement.

My Cobra makes quite a lot of low-end torque and while that is fun, it's not nearly as...mental, I guess, as my t04e FC RX7 was.

Not a huge turbo at all but when boost came on it was all sorts of a handful. I've said it many times but, while my Cobra is signifigantly faster, my FC "felt" faster. Maybe it was just scarrier. Scary and fast kinda do the same thing to me.

Jappbox
02-16-2012, 06:51 PM
I know what you mean Casey, My Supra Felt like a hand full with just over 600hp on pump but the Viper is way faster but because of the TQ and Low Revs of 6k its more smooth so it doesnt seem so violent.

That guy got a good deal of a supra, I gess 93 year though. seems the 97's and rare colors are what have such high price tags.

Aircooled
02-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Yea if you want one with 200k miles on it and beat to shit you can get one under 30k. But for the nice ones out there with tastfull mods or one that has matching numbers no salvage title or anything your going to pay for it. If you get one under 30k your going to have lots of work, bad paint and a mess in wireing from prior owners. The market has stayed steady for some time. There is only about 3 good ones for sale right now on supraforums, the rest are junk. Buying a 12+ year old car is hard because your spending a ton of money on it.

If you say so. I guess I just don't know as much about these cars as you, right? Glad we cleared that up.

Jappbox
02-16-2012, 08:14 PM
I was not saying I know more, just saying yes you can get them in the mid 20's price wise but why would you want to? just to say you have a supra? Youll get something thats very beat up and deff not worth it with better options out there much nicer for the price, even a new car for that money. if one is to by a supra my opinion is find a nice one well taken care of like should have been- with that comes higher price tags. Some times you get really lucky. I did when I bought mine. Could have stored it for 1 year and made 10k on it without touching it. but i didnt and blew some cash and alot of time.

Aircooled
02-16-2012, 08:34 PM
I was not saying I know more, just saying yes you can get them in the mid 20's price wise but why would you want to? just to say you have a supra? Youll get something thats very beat up and deff not worth it with better options out there much nicer for the price, even a new car for that money. if one is to by a supra my opinion is find a nice one well taken care of like should have been- with that comes higher price tags. Some times you get really lucky. I did when I bought mine. Could have stored it for 1 year and made 10k on it without touching it. but i didnt and blew some cash and alot of time.

I flew down with a buddy to pick a turbo MKIV from Cali. $22k, 90k miles, body is in amazing shape, under body is perfect and the car runs pretty strong. You can get them for less than $30k if you really want one, can wait for it and are prepared to fly to get it.
Shit picture but the only one I can find right now.
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa318/KooKFlash/panvill.jpg

Domestic Disturbance
02-17-2012, 02:15 AM
Im jealous

Jappbox
02-17-2012, 06:54 AM
Thats a great deal he got. I paid 37k for mine, jewel green 97 52k miles, CCWs, 74mm, AEM, cams, coilovers. And today had to find one thats close to as many mods for that price. I considered I got lucky and had a 2800 mile trip to go trailer it home from South Florida. Your Buddy got a sweet deal.

Aircooled
02-17-2012, 08:40 AM
I will give him this, I've never seen anybody sit and wait for so long for a car. He was on the Supra forums probably 3-4 years prior to picking it up, and actively searching for a car for over a year; wherever he could find one. It was a stock-ish car and it did have to be cleaned up some of the mods a little I will grant you that. I'll see if he wants to jump on this forum and comment, I don't like talking about somebody else and their own car.

The green 97 is actually what would have been my choice if I wanted to buy one, one of the two best colors with those cars. Call me crazy but I'd probably look for one with a tan interior.

BoostASAP
02-17-2012, 10:00 AM
I've known Jesse for a couple years now and his jewel green was beautiful. I believe its now one of the fastest street supras running 8's last time I saw it performing down at TX2k11. 37k for that car was a steal, in the current market it would pull an easy 45k. After the initial investment into a supra maintenance isn't too bad, and i've never had mine die on me. Couple blown old precision turbo but I don't think that engine would die without taking you with it. There will always be problems with older cars, but it always gives you a smile on your face when people turn heads to look :) I haven't had much time the last couple years to get out and about but I'm hoping I'll be running some solid mid 9's this year with cams and weldon e85 setup. More people are dumping their cars right now because of the bad economy so there are some good deals, you just have to look.

Jappbox
02-17-2012, 10:16 AM
I still have My supra Manual that shows me clearences if you want to build a killer shortblock. Titan cut me a hell of a deal on just a bare block before Im just saying Erik maybe you need a "backup" LOL

Jappbox
02-17-2012, 10:53 AM
this is what i mean about the price being high, posted a few days ago. maybe it because the selection of supra's for sale is low right now so guys put whatever for a price knowing someone will have the cash? this car should be priced in the 30's not even a built motor...

1994 supra
- Stock 2JZ-GTE
- Precision 6765 CEA turbocharger
- Induction Performance 4" downpipe & midpipe
- HKS exhaust manifold
- HKS 60mm wastegate
- Greddy 3 Row intercooler
- TiAL 50mm bov
- AEM EMS tuned by Alpha @ Induction Performance
- HKS Twin Power DLI
- TRD diff
- Solid ear mounts
- Virtual Works 4" exhaust with Burns Stainless muffler
- Modified stock intake intake manifold
- HKS 264 camshafts
- BC springs & retainers
- Precision 1000cc fuel injectors
- Titan Fuel Rail
- Bosch 044 fuel pumps in the tank with two inline fuel filters
- Weldon A2040 fuel pressure regulator
- Induction Performance catch can
- Koyo radiator
- Toyota V160 transmission
- RPS carbon carbon clutch
- Tein coilovers
- CCW SP505A 19inch (305's out back)
- Brand new MVP front lip ("wings" cut)
- Brand new 98 headlights, and tailights

Below you can find a video of it on the dyno. The car made 803rwhp here and
then was turned down to about 760rwhp.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...=1675659068842

The asking price is $45k OR BEST REASONABLE OFFER

BGjohnson
02-19-2012, 02:07 PM
If we had more cars like a supra in the market they would be a ton cheaper. It still blows me away the cars go for that much, supply and demand at it's finest. I can think of a bunch of cars worth 30-40k, crazy a bone stock yota goes for 30-40k. Toyota just nailed the market at the right time with a semi-super car and nobody else stepped up for quite some time.

Just rambling i guess.

Jappbox
02-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Ill agree, and some how designed one of the best engines of all time to put in it. Thats the main reason for the price. And if some of you remember Joels supra from Golden Hammer (1993 with 13k miles and he got 55k out of it) me and him were talking one time and the bodys on those cars hold up very well, no matter how many times you take them apart inside and out they dont make rattling noises from panels and so on like you see happens to alot of cars after a few years. And mine now that I remember was super solid no rattles. Even Porche 996 and 997's dont hold up as well. Thats another big reason they hold value. And the lack of "performance" cars today. Toyota sucks now a days and the only thing good on the market thats a decent price is mustangs camaros and corvette being on the top. you still going to pay 80k+ for a corvette and it will prob have panel raddles in 5 years. we know the mustangs and camaros allready look and feel cheap but come with a 60k price tag for the Gt500 and Zl1. So really if you have the cash I can see why people still pay 40-60k for a supra and have 800-1500hp and a solid body car with TONS of aftermaket support and decent priced OEM parts. Tell me you can go to GM ask for a OEM LS Block with pistons/rods/cank ready to go for under 3k? cause a OEM 2jz goes for $2,800 brand new able to hold 900whp.

Sorry now Im just rambling..