PDA

View Full Version : New guy - '11 Accord

Doom
02-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Hi, guys. I stumbled across this forum googling for a local fender roller. I've seen some nice rides and customization here so far and I recognize a couple cars too.

I have an '11 Accord that underwent the expensive and mind numbing process of conversion to the Japanese Inspire model. Upgraded rear (essentially the USM uses reflectors but the JDM has lights), motorized folding signal mirrors, lowered suspension, bi-xenon retrofit headlights, etc. I posted some pix at http://iowaautoforums.com/showthread.php?14177-Post-your-ride!&p=180483&viewfull=1#post180483

So far I haven't found a shop that is very interested in taking on some of the customization projects that I cannot handle myself. Is there a decent place in the IC/CR area?

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1148/photo2kdv.jpg
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/3247/photo3gv.jpg

...Pictures are a bit out of date but it's still too cold to do it right.

Drifte
02-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Car looks good. You did all that customization and to 99% of the people they wont even know! Just see a really clean car. My bro has a 97ish 4 door accord v6 that he swapped to a 2 door front and and other little stuff like that. And like yours, really no one knows a things changed.

What kind of customization are you trying to get done?

Doom
02-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Car looks good. You did all that customization and to 99% of the people they wont even know! Just see a really clean car. My bro has a 97ish 4 door accord v6 that he swapped to a 2 door front and and other little stuff like that. And like yours, really no one knows a things changed.

What kind of customization are you trying to get done?
yeah none of my customizations are very loud but next to a stock accord there's a huge difference. still, my objective is to keep things relatively OEM looking and not go overboard with neon green calipers. the SRI is as noticeable of a mod as i'm interested in at this stage.

for past paint and body work i've used billion automotive's collision department. they do good work but for things like fender rolling i think i need shop that's more oriented toward customization and performance. the guys at simpson motorsport are too busy to take on new business.

also, i need to find a really good wheel and tire shop. next month i'll be pulling the trigger on some vossens and at $2,500 for just the wheels i need to be able to trust the shop to mount the tires with care and actually hand tighten the lugs when i ask for it. hell i am willing to buy the service techs lunch just not to bring the impact wrench anywhere near my car.

Clinical
02-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Dallas = go to honda guy

sorry i couldn't help myself

Doom
02-06-2012, 01:36 PM
i just read that thread lol.

why did i spend the last 3 minutes staring at your sig image?

Drifte
02-06-2012, 01:44 PM
why did i spend the last 3 minutes staring at your sig image?

Yea it traps me every time too. ATS is my go to shop for anything I want done well. But if you want something done that takes more time than normal, you gotta expect to pay for that. I cringe everytime I see impacts torquing brand new wheels to the edge on shows like westcoast customs and unique auto or whatever.

Doom
02-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Yea it traps me every time too. ATS is my go to shop for anything I want done well. But if you want something done that takes more time than normal, you gotta expect to pay for that. I cringe everytime I see impacts torquing brand new wheels to the edge on shows like westcoast customs and unique auto or whatever.
auto trim and sign? oh man i had a terrible experience there... the short of it is that i left my brand new car with 34 miles on it for a clearbra and they freehanded the install and bubbles were also left. i returned after a few weeks as instructed and they literally popped the bubbles with a pin and colored them with a sharpie. i called to confirm my car was ready and between the 5 minutes of my call and arrival they packed up and got the hell out of dodge... after some heated exchanges with the owner of the business calling me every name possible i gave up on him and had my credit card company perform a chargeback. i took my car to billion to remove and reinstall the clearbra and whatever cleaning agent ats used pulled the clear coat with the film. the hood and fenders needed refinishing anyway because when they freehanded the cuts ats went too deep and etched the paint. i could literally see the perimeter pattern of the clearbra when it was off of the car.

i have pictures in my blog sig link but here's a nice one of the sharpie treatment:
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1037/img3685zg.jpg

and fingerprints on the tacky side of the film:
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9544/img3649i.jpg

Drifte
02-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Not that ATS. I just read about that in your blog.

ATS of cedar rapids.

JustinS
02-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Car looks classy, I'd rock it as a daily for sure!

Domestic Disturbance
02-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Got any before and afters for us who wouldn't notice the diffference?

Deimos
02-07-2012, 05:02 AM

Hey at least they remember to tighten a tire.... Sorry Colt had to... ATS is by hawkeye downs.

Doom
02-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Got any before and afters for us who wouldn't notice the diffference?
i've been meaning to take some photos on the dealer lot next to a stock similar model but always get distracted with the next mod. i bought the car not expecting to mod it too heavily but it's turned into my primary addiction. i had some second thoughts about the path i chose as my headlights were baking in the oven to loosen the glue for a retrofit but hey, screwups can almost always be fixed.

until i registered here yesterday i only really discussed the car's modding with other late gen honda enthusiasts so it probably sounds ridiculous to outsiders that the folding mirrors run about $800 and the JDM trunk garnish and LED rear was over a grand. maybe receiving opinions outside the honda circles will save me money. ....nah.

AutoMods
02-07-2012, 01:52 PM
i've been meaning to take some photos on the dealer lot next to a stock similar model but always get distracted with the next mod. i bought the car not expecting to mod it too heavily but it's turned into my primary addiction. i had some second thoughts about the path i chose as my headlights were baking in the oven to loosen the glue for a retrofit but hey, screwups can almost always be fixed.

until i registered here yesterday i only really discussed the car's modding with other late gen honda enthusiasts so it probably sounds ridiculous to outsiders that the folding mirrors run about $800 and the JDM trunk garnish and LED rear was over a grand. maybe receiving opinions outside the honda circles will save me money. ....nah.

you won't save any money on this forum, but you might spend it on go fast parts instead

black88gt
02-07-2012, 02:05 PM
you won't save any money on this forum, but you might spend it on go fast parts instead

This.

Doom
02-07-2012, 02:10 PM
unfortunately there isn't much available commercially yet. ported intakes, lightweight pully, precat deletes, J pipe, and throttle body spacer are about all that's left undone so far. i know a guy in florida with nitros on his 2008 but i'm not quite that crazy.

brakes are my to do for the spring but i'll try my best not to do brembos :)

Drifte
02-07-2012, 02:40 PM
unfortunately there isn't much available commercially yet. ported intakes, lightweight pully, precat deletes, J pipe, and throttle body spacer are about all that's left undone so far. i know a guy in florida with nitros on his 2008 but i'm not quite that crazy.

brakes are my to do for the spring but i'll try my best not to do brembos :)

We carry wilwood ;)

AutoMods
02-07-2012, 03:28 PM
nothing crazy about a little nitrous. unless a crazy person installs it.

whats the size of that motor and its stock horsepower and quarter mile specs ? It'll probably run down some civics the way it is.