PDA

View Full Version : Editing posts limited to 2 minutes now

AutoMods
01-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Editing your own posts is now limited to 2 minutes after you hit the reply button. Just enough time to proof read.

Previously the time was unlimited to edit your own posts. This has caused some confusion when a person edits an old post and changes the conversation for new readers. While those that have already posted after the edited post don't realize an edit was made.

AutoMods
01-26-2012, 02:02 PM
FYI , you must be finished editing within 2 minutes. Not just hitting the edit button within 2 minutes.

sparkles
01-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Some of us are slow. You should make it 5.

AutoMods
01-26-2012, 02:15 PM
almost made it 5. what will happen is after getting denied edits a few times , the next time you will remember to proof read BEFORE you hit reply.

sparkles
01-26-2012, 02:16 PM
It's not always a proof read issue, at least with me. It's more of a I have more to add issue. Hope you enjoy multiple posts by the same person.

Drifte
01-26-2012, 03:02 PM
It's not always a proof read issue, at least with me. It's more of a I have more to add issue. Hope you enjoy multiple posts by the same person.

We'll just have to make you the moderator in charge of double posts.

Deimos
01-26-2012, 06:32 PM
great I edit old posts in burried threads to keep track of what websites I need to buy mods now what am I gonna do?

AutoMods
01-26-2012, 08:24 PM
great I edit old posts in burried threads to keep track of what websites I need to buy mods now what am I gonna do?

not sure i understand what your saying

sLoWnStEaDy
01-26-2012, 09:37 PM
retarded... Use the fuckin quote button and there will be no confusion. Going to create a lot of extra posts IMO when people fuck up photos, links, want to update for sale lists/prices, correct wrong info etc...

Drifte
01-26-2012, 09:46 PM
If needed you can ask any moderator to edit an ad or post. It just fixes a lot of confusion that happens when people go back and change things. I mean we're not trying to make it a bad experience, we obviously have
The best intentions. If we're wrong we can always change it too. We do discuss amongst moderators before really making any changes. I think it will be something toget used to, but it will
Be a quick adjustment.

JustinS
01-27-2012, 11:11 AM
If people wouldn't 'self ban' themselves by going back and changing posts to say 'x' I don't think this would have ever been brought up lol.

AutoMods
01-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Not targeting Keith specifically. George edited a post of his a while back in his blacky thread, talking about a bet or call out with me. It can create confusion. Edit's can be misleading if used in the wrong way.

JustinS
01-27-2012, 11:33 AM
That's what I was talking about too Ryan.

Ricky
01-27-2012, 12:33 PM
I like it. People will learn to live with it.

Also Blacky is a dumb name. Took a lot of thought....

Ricky
01-27-2012, 12:37 PM
^ crap i wanted to edit that last part...

and my wrx is slow

sLoWnStEaDy
01-27-2012, 04:30 PM
If people wouldn't 'self ban' themselves by going back and changing posts to say 'x' I don't think this would have ever been brought up lol.

never seen this beffore except for recently with my posts. FYI, that was the mods that changed my posts to "xxxxxxx", not me. Not sure if you were even talking about my recent posts or not but thought i would clarify in case you were.

LT1Dan
01-27-2012, 04:48 PM
never seen this beffore except for recently with my posts. FYI, that was the mods that changed my posts to "xxxxxxx", not me. Not sure if you were even talking about my recent posts or not but thought i would clarify in case you were.

I think he was referring to when George went back a couple times and changed a post to just "x" and deleted everything. Also, it will tell you at the bottom of the post who edited it and when if a mod changes someones post.

LT1Dan
01-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Also Blacky is a dumb name. Took a lot of thought....

Bahahahaaha

JustinS
01-27-2012, 05:53 PM

Was talking about George.

Batwood
01-27-2012, 07:28 PM
I've been on forums that don't allow editing at all... which is dumb. 2 minutes is long enough to proof-read.
If its THAT big of a deal, hit the god damn preview button or re-read before you post. Lol.

Stutz
01-28-2012, 12:02 AM
Is there anyway you can make it so you can still edit your post in the for sale section? Thats the only issue i could think of

AutoMods
01-28-2012, 09:13 AM
Unfortunately, I looked, don't see a way to do that. Just post in your thread if you want a moderator to update the price and I'm sure one of us will read it and edit it for you.

Moderators
Ed slowride
Dustin Dustinsduster
Greg G50trim92
Calvin DomesticDisturbance
Tyler Fifdynuts (for new streetscene forum!)
Administration
Ryan ImportEvolution
Colton Drifte

85XR7Project
01-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Didn't Ed leave? Haven't seen Tyler around lately either.

FiFdYnUtZ
01-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Ill continue to manage the street heat section...just haven't felt the need to contribute to the rest of the bullshit around here

AutoMods
01-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Unfortunately, I looked, don't see a way to do that. Just post in your thread if you want a moderator to update the price and I'm sure one of us will read it and edit it for you.

Moderators
Ed slowride
Dustin Dustinsduster
Greg G50trim92
Calvin DomesticDisturbance
Tyler Fifdynuts (for new streetscene forum!)
Administration
Ryan ImportEvolution
Colton Drifte

Didn't Ed leave? Haven't seen Tyler around lately either.

FYI, the moderator Ed (slowride) is not Eddy b. Just someone I've known for a long time and trust. Same with Greg (g50trimawd), he reads mosts of the posts on here a lot but I can't seem to get him to post :)

Stutz
01-31-2012, 11:29 AM
Who deleted my posts and why?

Drifte
01-31-2012, 11:31 AM
An entire thread was removed. Were trying to moderate personal attacks.

Batwood
02-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Personal attacks make the world go round.

Deimos
02-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Like Batwood, he is slow AND.... his balls hang in the toilet water

Batwood
02-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Like Batwood, he is slow AND.... his balls hang in the toilet water

Lmao... I can't argue with a big balls comment. You'd know, wouldn't you sweetheart?