PDA

View Full Version : 97 civc ex

WesW
01-19-2012, 04:43 PM
hey guys thought i finally join the forum since everyone kept telling me to join here is my civic nothing much too yet...and the old ladys 07 impala RSS
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab67/weswalker/weley1.jpg
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab67/weswalker/honda1.jpg
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab67/weswalker/wess222.jpg
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab67/weswalker/wesssss1.jpg
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab67/weswalker/wes1.jpg
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab67/weswalker/wes22.jpg
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab67/weswalker/wes23.jpg

WesW
01-19-2012, 04:51 PM
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab67/weswalker/wesley2.jpg

85XR7Project
01-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Welcome! Is that a Monte front clip on that Impala? Cars look good, what you got going on in that Civic?

WesW
01-19-2012, 05:51 PM
no its a impala front end....its a Regency SS....came with lip kit all the way around, those 18in wheels, two tone leather interior, RSS stiched in headrest, smaller rear spoiler, painted red engine cover, and k&n intake....the Regency ss impala's come in white or black is all i seen so far n the only diffrence is the wheels

plans for civic is sohc-turbo

86svo9L
01-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Clean rides! Look forward to seeing the turbo build up.

Deimos
01-19-2012, 06:26 PM
turbo the impala instead lol

WesW
01-19-2012, 06:38 PM
lol its my girlfriends car and i have one see a couple of LS4's that are turboed....but heard the tranny's dont hold up to well

Deimos
01-19-2012, 06:43 PM
They dont but hey they are a fricken blast to drive

WesW
01-19-2012, 06:45 PM
yea they are lol lot of torque steer

boostedsohc
01-19-2012, 07:04 PM
car looks clean man.
what kind of turbo build are you planning? vitara build? or a forged piston build?
i love me some turbo hondas

WesW
01-19-2012, 07:10 PM
im thinking just rods n pistons just a simple build to make 300-350hp for now

boostedsohc
01-19-2012, 07:15 PM
im thinking just rods n pistons just a simple build to make 300-350hp for now

just need some eagles and vitara's to make that.
get a good turbo. not a ebay one. a borg warner 57trim will get you to 300whp at 20ish psi on pump gas.

or you can buy my sleeved darton z6 block and eagle rods to build a fast SOHC :)

WesW
01-19-2012, 07:22 PM
yea im not doing ebay turbo lol i want a good turbo.....how much for u sleeved z6 block and eagle rods

boostedsohc
01-19-2012, 07:30 PM
yea im not doing ebay turbo lol i want a good turbo.....how much for u sleeved z6 block and eagle rods

1000 picked up for the block
225 for the rods.

i have been the egay turbo way so i know all about how shitty it is.
personally i love PTE turbos. and if you decide to go with one of those id get one from ryan on here since he is a precision dealer. and it would support someone local.

WesW
01-19-2012, 07:34 PM
yea my buddy scherrman bought a PTE turbo from him and does the block come with pistons

boostedsohc
01-19-2012, 07:36 PM
yea my buddy scherrman bought a PTE turbo from him and does the block come with pistons
no it does not.
it is a bare block with girdle. has b series arp main studs. and it has been align bored to have them.
here is a link to my f/s thread on HT

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=3009751

WesW
01-19-2012, 07:50 PM
ok ill let u kno if i want the block still deciding on things lol

JacobS
01-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Pte power!

boostedsohc
01-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Pte power!

pte or die!
plan on getting a 6766 from ryan here soon. but been spending to much money on motor parts.

JacobS
01-19-2012, 07:58 PM
sweet! give him a call. then i can know all your secrets!

boostedsohc
01-19-2012, 08:02 PM
sweet! give him a call. then i can know all your secrets!

loose lips sink ships.
very few people know the full details on what im doing. eventually il do a thread here revealing some info. but theres still a lot of work to do and some exspensive shit to buy. only info il give is that it will go a lot faster then last year :)

JacobS
01-19-2012, 08:19 PM
secrets are for people who dont like criticism...i just like to know how people build there hondas and what power levels they can make and what not. i like to gather knowledge so that i can transfer that into my car. suspension techniques would help me a lot :wink: haha

boostedsohc
01-19-2012, 08:21 PM
secrets are for people who dont like criticism...i just like to know how people build there hondas and what power levels they can make and what not. i like to gather knowledge so that i can transfer that into my car. suspension techniques would help me a lot :wink: haha

i own a honda so im not scared of criticism obv haha. pm me and i might spill some details to you.

FiFdYnUtZ
01-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Jacob has it all figured out with why people don't blab their details, the people that do are on a much lower level of competition, if you can't appreciate that aspect of racing these caliber cars then you should stick to car shows and Sunday drives

JacobS
01-19-2012, 08:34 PM
im sorry i didnt realize you were going for the fastest drag radial record...my hats off to you vin diesel

Deimos
01-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Hack benjamin is the reason yall motherfuckers don't know shit!!!!

boostedsohc
01-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Jacob has it all figured out with why people don't blab their details, the people that do are on a much lower level of competition, if you can't appreciate that aspect of racing these caliber cars then you should stick to car shows and Sunday drives

il take my car on some sunday drives :)
im just waiting till the car is more completed then torn apart. im trying not to race with hopes and wet dreams.
just trying to get the car done by end of may but idk if that will be happening

SLOSHO
01-19-2012, 08:57 PM
lol its my girlfriends car and i have one see a couple of LS4's that are turboed....but heard the tranny's dont hold up to well

Tranys dont even hold up on stock ones

LT1Dan
01-19-2012, 09:01 PM
im sorry i didnt realize you were going for the fastest drag radial record...my hats off to you vin diesel

Bahahaha

Wes: I saw you driving that red pos on Oakland Rd. yesterday. Thanks for waving, dick!

Deimos
01-19-2012, 09:07 PM
http://www.extremeautomatics.com/ for all your tranny needs

boostedsohc
01-19-2012, 09:10 PM
http://www.extremeautomatics.com/ for all your tranny needs

ehh wasnt the type of tranny website i was hoping for :(

FiFdYnUtZ
01-19-2012, 10:00 PM

Huh? Do you grasp at all what I mean? Im starting to make sense of why so many people don't post as much...I remember the good ol' days when people could actually handle smack talk, secret*ish* builds, money racing, grudge racing, etc...lets all hold hands and talk about ring gaps!...no wonder the street scene isn't what it used to be, the fire is gone

JacobS
01-19-2012, 10:16 PM
i understand fully what you mean. i just feel like talking shit.

JacobS
01-19-2012, 10:28 PM
but just to clear things up. i guess i just dont understand why someone around here goes to great lengths to keep secrets. i can understand if youre in outlaw 10.5 or some other competitve class and racing on a national level...but around here? i just dont understand it.

nothing wrong with talking a little smack and having grudge races.

continue on.

LT1Dan
01-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Huh? Do you grasp at all what I mean? Im starting to make sense of why so many people don't post as much...I remember the good ol' days when people could actually handle smack talk, secret*ish* builds, money racing, grudge racing, etc...lets all hold hands and talk about ring gaps!...no wonder the street scene isn't what it used to be, the fire is gone

First, The street scene sucks because it's just a bunch of morons that hang out in a parking lot until 12:15 because they have to be home by 12:30. I won't argue that point. But to say that people on here can't handle shit tallk, secret builds or the money racing is absurd. Unless you want to count George and EddyB in that group because they got their panties in a bunch when Ryan started asking questions and giving em shit about their build(s). Do you honestly think anybody is really that pissed they won't tell their secrets? They're just getting ribbed because they make such a big damn deal about it being a secret in the first place. I'm sure whatever they build will hook up and "haul azz". As far as the money races, I see a few right here: http://iowaautoforums.com/showthread.php?14005-Callouts-...-to-be-settled-in-the-spring-summer.

What more do you guys want? You guys want us to nutswing because you have quick cars? You know I don't have a problem with you, and I don't have any problem with Ed or George but it's getting old hearing about if "your cars not fast in the 1/4 you don't know shit". This site is about more than drag racing, deal with it.

Domestic Disturbance
01-20-2012, 01:20 AM
LT1 Dan bringin the peppa!

Deimos
01-20-2012, 05:23 AM
Most of the people I have met in the last ten years has been in part from the crunder or IAF. I have no regrets and as far as that goes. Nothing was ever said that this was a drag race only kind of site, it started as a street racing site and that shit died ten years ago.

FiFdYnUtZ
01-20-2012, 06:31 AM
The only reason half those races are even set up is because we fired it up, face it, this site is fucking boring 90 percent of the time unless we got something going, and you don't need to compete in a class to not blab your Shit...the kots is reason enough for me not to let any of you guys know my setup...hell id be willing to bet after 3+ years of racing my car you guys still couldn't tell me what my setup is...and it would appear according to Dans ACTION PACKED link i seem to be the one getting the most action around d here...if you guys wanna talk about sandblasting rears and painting vtec valve covers all day then carry on...ill take my competitive attitude elsewhere so nobody gets upset....got a lot of work to do for that drag radial record!

boostedsohc
01-20-2012, 07:30 AM
man my secrets got this thread all firey red hott.
if it helps anyone. im building a car that will fit well in the true street/SFWD class if i go to events.
for you who dont know that class heres some rules
max size turbo of 67mm
max size tire 25in tall
must have full interior from doors forward and roof liner. no back interior required
open exhaust allowed
no lexan windows
no 1 pc front ends
no wheelie/traction bars on rear of car

and thats the gist of it.

Jappbox
01-20-2012, 08:18 AM
I got secrets this year, lots of them. I like this site and all but there is to much drama to be honest, a little smake talk is ok but some on here take it to far and dont know when to drop it, or they try and make it personal. I like the sites 6speedonline,supraforums,viperalley. With Viperalley being the worst for none viper stuff a bunch of old republican bastards that are self centerd. both supraforums and 6speedonline talk shit here and there but they dont get worked up if there is a call out thread its more of a friendy callout with or without money and some good video. (like the recent Bigdaddy race in Florida vs the 2jz s2000) there was some smake talk but it was all in good fun. noone EVER gets personal or crosses the line like some on here do. These forums talk about much more then drag racing, infact the 1/4 mile Track is the least talked about on all the these forums. its more offtopic, built threads, members rides, street racing, paint, dyno, tuning, electronics. and so on. To have a good street scene now a days people need to get alone more then talk shit. seems the shit talking is loud and annoying and scares others off that would rather go home then watch guys bicker. Just my opinion.

AutoMods
01-20-2012, 08:26 AM
if your a shit talker then you should be able to handle shit talking when it comes back your way. the bohrens have talked a lot of shit for many many years. they talked shit about the v8 guys when george was running an import. and now they talk shit about imports. so they get some criticism and they disappear and stop posting???

lt1dan lays down some smack for the first time i've ever seen and now fifdy wants to leave too ???

Jappbox
01-20-2012, 08:34 AM
Ryan I think you have done a good job with the Site, I left for some time because everything I posted (my love for supras,evos,turbos,vipers,gtr's) was geting bashed or not even commented on by all the other import haters, I dont hate Mustangs, camaros,trans am's or even rx-7's with Chevy motors I just like posting cool shit and posting stuff that breaks records and dynos crazy numbers. I even posted some Cool Street turbo Lsx trans ams and camaros and still got hated on. why? I dunno maybe because it was turbo and not a YSI or N2O car? some things I will never understand. But I did come back to the site and am still posting what I feel is good material. I hope maybe some of the videos I post will help bring more people out for some weekend gathering or new members from the area. Like our little get together at sonic, if this summer we did that in the warmth with 10x as many cars who wouldnt have a good time?

FiFdYnUtZ
01-20-2012, 09:14 AM
The bohrens didn't leave because they got smack talked, not even close...they are gone because the mentality has changed with most people on here and its not worth arguing anymore...how many box stock cars with a sweet new shifter knob do we need to look at before we get bored?

Jappbox
01-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Its true there is little on this site, but to those who cant buy alot of stuff anything is something gear head related. Maybe they can ask peope on Ls1tech to get a lane it might bring better outcomes and more money. I dont use Iowaautoforums to compare my info of builds with but more as a close socal network for car guys in the area and get to know new poeple and thier rides. If I were to have a car for Drag race and compete in classes for money, talk shit and grudge race for money. I would do it over on the Chicago forums or any other big Forums (20k+ members) then go looking for compation in little Cedar Rapids Iowa. I mean supraforums has 61k memeber. 500 are on at all times, most ever was 1000 members on at once. Ls1 Tech has even more! Some even just post pictures of thier valve covers without Disrespect, unless its ugly as hell.

Domestic Disturbance
01-20-2012, 10:19 AM
I just dont get the whole "if you arent doing this you're fucking dumb" mentality, and how that makes certain people better than others. Criticism really doesn't go over well here. If I wanted to go fast, I could cage my car and spray the town down. I don't want a drag car though. Doesn't mean I don't respect those who do, or the cars that are built for that. Just isn't 100% what I want to build.

Most of this girly shit is from the fact that we misinterpret so much on the internet. I guarantee 99% of us would get along at an event, cause we all have before. Hell any of you are welcome at my shop any day of the week, we can talk shit till the break of dawn. Beats the hell out of sitting around pretending to talk sports with non car people... yay the hawkeyes woo..........

So, collectively we need to lay of the estrogen pills around here.

Jappbox
01-20-2012, 10:26 AM
^ x2 Some people grudge race, others dont, some like the Drag strip others like the street, some like to shift others like auto. Fact of life right there. Hell I love roll racing its very hated on here but very popular in the south. I dont make fun of people who dont like it, just try to get people to do it more often thats all. If my car hooks with the new tires i will go back to the dig racing here and there.

Clinical
01-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Yeah, if I only cared about going fast I probably would have just built a third gen or foxbody in the first place, or kept the laser and as jesse said I wouldn't be sitting on IAF looking for a bunch of competition for anything faster than an 11 second car.

It gets a bit old seeing people with things like civics who are going for a clean/fun build end up getting into fights with v8 guys just because v8 guys disagree with their views, and when a 4cyl guy even will acknowledge a v8 has more potential but they enjoy their 4cyl - the response from the fast v8's is "GET A FUCKIN LANE".

Now I will say someone like Dallas brings it upon themselves when they disregard good advice or make comments like in my sig.

I just don't understand why some people can't respect everyone for being a car guy or any car done right. I judge people by their personality/mentality - not on what they choose to build unless it has a bodykit/wing/neon light/and runs 18's.

LT1Dan
01-20-2012, 10:38 AM
I think Jesse said it pretty well. This is more of a social network for (mostly Eastern) Iowa car people to keep in touch and find out whats going on and what everyone is doing to their cars. If you want this site to be YB or one of the Chitown grudge racing sites than I think you're out of luck. The audience for this site just isn't as big as those sites and the interests are way more varied. Not everyone thinks going in a straight line is the end all, be all of motorsports.

Ricky
01-20-2012, 11:16 AM
I like corners and auto cross. I respect car that are fast in a straight line but for me, a quick car that can turn and stop and just DD everyday is what i like. Later on i might give something else a try. I think people just need to relax and see what this site is really about.

85XR7Project
01-20-2012, 02:22 PM
I can't shit talk bout nothing, look what my ass has to deal with. :)

sparkles
01-20-2012, 03:29 PM
All you all can STFU or get a lane...that is all.

boostedsohc
01-20-2012, 04:21 PM

I don't have snow tires:)

Deimos
01-20-2012, 07:39 PM

100 bucks come into town and get a lane woman

JustinS
01-21-2012, 02:26 PM
The only reason half those races are even set up is because we fired it up, face it, this site is fucking boring 90 percent of the time unless we got something going, and you don't need to compete in a class to not blab your Shit...the kots is reason enough for me not to let any of you guys know my setup...hell id be willing to bet after 3+ years of racing my car you guys still couldn't tell me what my setup is...and it would appear according to Dans ACTION PACKED link i seem to be the one getting the most action around d here...if you guys wanna talk about sandblasting rears and painting vtec valve covers all day then carry on...ill take my competitive attitude elsewhere so nobody gets upset....got a lot of work to do for that drag radial record!
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo239/sbrar-15/9c214e6e.jpg

You guys really need to stop thinking you are something you're not. This is Iowa, if you cant understand that this site is for local car guys to talk about whatever and not some billy the bad ass street racing forum then I don't know what to tell you. This site hasn't been about street racing in close to ten years lol.

Drifte
01-23-2012, 09:38 AM
Beats the hell out of sitting around pretending to talk sports with non car people... yay the hawkeyes woo..........

Quote of the year

Drifte
01-23-2012, 09:46 AM
The bohrens didn't leave because they got smack talked, not even close...they are gone because the mentality has changed with most people on here and its not worth arguing anymore...how many box stock cars with a sweet new shifter knob do we need to look at before we get bored?

Im not complaining, but you've done updates of tinted tail lights, bed liner and a bed cover. If there isnt pics of projects and progress what would we do on here? Just a forum of, race my secret car wouldnt be very fun IMO, i like pictures. If only they could be pop up pictures.

JacobS
01-23-2012, 09:51 AM
pop up pictures would be sweet...

civicex_1134
01-23-2012, 04:34 PM
I don't have snow tires:)

I do :)

Domestic Disturbance
01-24-2012, 01:48 AM
pop up pictures would be sweet...

pop... pop up video...

black88gt
01-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Shit...the kots is reason enough for me not to let any of you guys know my setup...hell id be willing to bet after 3+ years of racing my car you guys still couldn't tell me what my setup is

Cookie? You expect people to "figure out your setup" without any information? I'll post some pics of random vehicles you tell me what their setups are?

I think Jesse said it pretty well. This is more of a social network for (mostly Eastern) Iowa car people to keep in touch and find out whats going on and what everyone is doing to their cars. If you want this site to be YB or one of the Chitown grudge racing sites than I think you're out of luck. The audience for this site just isn't as big as those sites and the interests are way more varied. Not everyone thinks going in a straight line is the end all, be all of motorsports.

This. Not enough people for it to be super Chitown grudge racer forum. There are what, 30 active members with a $500,000 difference in incomes, assets, skills, free time? Add in to that different tastes in motorsports? This is just lil' old Iowa. Google tells me there are over 7 times as many people JUST in the Chicago metro area than there are in ALL OF IOWA.