PDA

View Full Version : Forged LS Iron block lq4 turbo build

AutoMods
12-20-2011, 11:23 PM
All this grudge talk lately, decided I better quit work early and get'er done. My $200 harbor freight trailer has been working overtime lately.

Gen iii gm 6.0 lq4 iron block our of a 2004 Silverado from Marshalltown junk yard, they had 4 to choose from. Those guys are real nice and came down on the price for me. Real similar to my current ls1 just a bit more displacement, and iron instead of aluminum. same dimensions. I'll be using the same tranny, computer, harness, throttle body, exhaust manis, oil pan, and accessories. same turbo kit.

Really hate to add the 100 pounds of weight but this guy will hold a lot of power and only $675. Might buy an aluminum ls3 a few years down the road when they get cheaper.

So I have to strip it and send it out to the secret machine shop

http://importevolution.com/temp/lq4/IMG_9521%20copy.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/lq4/IMG_9527%20copy.jpg

c_mart_28
12-20-2011, 11:26 PM
I call first victory over!

J/k, good work man. You've got yourself a bit of work to do..

StreetSweeper
12-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Can you post specs on the motor please!!!! bahahaha!

JacobS
12-20-2011, 11:34 PM
what kind of trailor did you get?

AutoMods
12-20-2011, 11:58 PM
Can you post specs on the motor please!!!! bahahaha!

I don't really know the specs. I'm think I'm just going to tell my dad to do some research on ls1tech and look into for me and decide, and he'll probably buy the parts for me and install it for me. That way its all on him. If it blows up he'll have to pull it and make it right. i'm too busy.

what kind of trailor did you get?

$240 with their 20% off coupon, had to buy the panel walls separately but they come in real handy. its small enough that I can pull it around the yard by hand , but with a lot of effort. 4' * 8' . i use the quad to pull it and perform yard/garden duties
http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_16649.jpg

stangvortech
12-21-2011, 01:03 AM
[QUOTE=ImportEvolution;177199]I don't really know the specs. I'm think I'm just going to tell my dad to do some research on ls1tech and look into for me and decide, and he'll probably buy the parts for me and install it for me. That way its all on him. If it blows up he'll have to pull it and make it right. i'm too busy.

hahahahahahahahhahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahhahahah ah

455Buickman
12-21-2011, 04:05 AM
Nice buy, how many miles? Thinkin about one of these for my buick, but then, I'd probably be losing weight off the nose, too.
You going stock cubes + forged goodies?

Deimos
12-21-2011, 05:00 AM
if you want to sell the old engine let me know I would have a buyer. I love how easy those engines are to work on. Everything is way easy crank sensors, oil sending units, water pumps, you name it totally loce working on them.

OldSkoolRCR
12-21-2011, 05:39 AM
I will still blow your doors off!!!!! $675?... I got 2 of them dam things in the shed U should spoke up. Let me know if you want the build specs on a FAST motor.LOL.

MurderedSnake
12-21-2011, 08:08 AM
[QUOTE=ImportEvolution;177199]I don't really know the specs. I'm think I'm just going to tell my dad to do some research on ls1tech and look into for me and decide, and he'll probably buy the parts for me and install it for me. That way its all on him. If it blows up he'll have to pull it and make it right. i'm too busy.QUOTE]

hahahahahahahahahaha I can't stop laughing....that motor should be a beast in that light car...

AutoMods
12-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Nice buy, how many miles? Thinkin about one of these for my buick, but then, I'd probably be losing weight off the nose, too.
You going stock cubes + forged goodies?

Block has 210k , runs, it was cleaner than some other lower mileage ones. In my search, I seen a couple blocks running with 290k and 400k.

if you want to sell the old engine let me know I would have a buyer. I love how easy those engines are to work on. Everything is way easy crank sensors, oil sending units, water pumps, you name it totally loce working on them.

yea its pretty much for sale, was thinking about waiting til spring to sell it with the weather we've been having lately.

I will still blow your doors off!!!!! $675?... I got 2 of them dam things in the shed U should spoke up. Let me know if you want the build specs on a FAST motor.LOL.

Should've told me, save me the drive to Ace auto and marshalltown. What do you have, I'll take another one lying around for fitment reasons, might change my turbo kit to handle mid frame turbos.

Drifte
12-21-2011, 08:21 AM
The humors so dry in here, Im coughing instead of laughing.

DustinsDuster
12-21-2011, 12:03 PM
the humors so dry in here, im coughing instead of laughing.

col

derek072887
12-21-2011, 12:11 PM
I don't really know the specs. I'm think I'm just going to tell my dad to do some research on ls1tech and look into for me and decide, and he'll probably buy the parts for me and install it for me. That way its all on him. If it blows up he'll have to pull it and make it right. i'm too busy.

this!!

and ik i don't have much room to talk on this subject as the S4 was given to me..... but george was one of the guys that gave me the most shit for it... its about time he got called out on it

Clinical
12-21-2011, 12:22 PM

Oh snap!!

StreetSweeper
12-21-2011, 12:22 PM
I got news for you guys! You think i work 24/7 just cause i like to.. It takes MONEY TO GO FAST!!

Funding two cars... I mean two cars that are faster then 10 seconds don't happen on 1 income unless your bill gates.. And Ryan maybe you should listen to some of his advice because from the sounds of it your hoping for high 9s out of a iron block with a turbo? come on you can do better then that.. Don't hate the player hate the game!!!

My dad has never "GIVEN" me anything, I have always had to work and show some kind of effort in some way to get where I am. Not to mention I have been enjoying the racing hobby with my dad since I was in diapers! I often find people are jealous of others when their Dads or kids would rather not just play video games, instead of doing something worth a shit with their kids. I would say that hopefully someday you have the same with your kids but chances are if they’re not interested yet good luck!

Everytime somone makes a comment like this, proves to me once again how much people "THINK" they really know whats going on, and how much it must suck to have deadbeat dads! Really makes me appreciate the fact that i have a dad that takes the time to enjoy hobby with his kid, and didnt just buy me a Audi and send me on my way as a buy out!!

As well it has taught me to stay out of trouble, bust my ass, and most of all how to BE A DAD to my own kid that will be here in may!! Damb aint that going to suck, Another kid thats going to whoop all your asses!!!

OldSkoolRCR
12-21-2011, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE=ImportEvolution;177199]I don't really know the specs. I'm think I'm just going to tell my dad to do some research on ls1tech and look into for me and decide, and he'll probably buy the parts for me and install it for me. That way its all on him. If it blows up he'll have to pull it and make it right. i'm too busy.

I just love post like this one!!! Is it my fault Ryan your relationship with your dad consists of holidays and your kids B-days? George and I have shared this sport since he was just walking...There are alot of other dads who enjoy and support there kids hobbies, Scotty's mom and dad are always with him at the races, helping and supporting him, Steve'Os son is at the track when he can have him there, Allgos boys will not only be there but drivnibg fast cars also...So dont hate on that issue...But you can hate on the issue that George was 17yrs old and was running faster in his imports than you, and since hes been 18 running way faster then you ever will go, and alot of the people on here, yes I work on his car...why? well when Im not at work or working on my own, I enjoy being in the shop...and when hes not working hes there helping, but I work 1st and sometimes 2nd, and he works 2nd so the time is not always there....You will figure it out someday...But you better get started when there young...

OldSkoolRCR
12-21-2011, 02:06 PM
this!!

and ik i don't have much room to talk on this subject as the S4 was given to me..... but george was one of the guys that gave me the most shit for it... its about time he got called out on it

You dont get it do you Derek...U were givin a 15K car...George bought and paid for a 14K car , and has since paid for all the shit that goes into it....I just enjoy working on it....Sorry your relationship with your Dad is not that good....Funny though there are alot of Georges freinds whom I would help or have help at any givin time just like a parent...They could call me at any givin time and I would be there for them...I dont think you have freinds your own age that would do that for you.

OldSkoolRCR
12-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Block has 210k , runs, it was cleaner than some other lower mileage ones. In my search, I seen a couple blocks running with 290k and 400k.

yea its pretty much for sale, was thinking about waiting til spring to sell it with the weather we've been having lately.

Should've told me, save me the drive to Ace auto and marshalltown. What do you have, I'll take another one lying around for fitment reasons, might change my turbo kit to handle mid frame turbos.

I have a complete LQ4 and a LQ9 shortblock...But I think I will hold onto them they are TOP SECRET motors you would be lost...lol

derek072887
12-21-2011, 02:11 PM
You dont get it do you Derek...U were givin a 15K car...George bought and paid for a 14K car , and has since paid for all the shit that goes into it....I just enjoy working on it....Sorry your relationship with your Dad is not that good....Funny though there are alot of Georges freinds whom I would help or have help at any givin time just like a parent...They could call me at any givin time and I would be there for them...I dont think you have freinds your own age that would do that for you.

nope no friends at all that would come help me.... those people that call you must not have any friends their own age to call either if they call you.... fuck they know if the call George and ask him a question he would call you to get the answer and them call them back hahahaha

and this is some bullshit about how he was raise in the spot and all that bullshit... does he even know how to work on a car? how about drive one? did he make a clean pass in his own car this year under full power? didn't think so.. sounds like your son is a fucking fail when it comes to actually driving and working on cars.... and needs to just stick to standing at a machine and pressing buttons and talking over a loud speaker...

AutoMods
12-21-2011, 02:11 PM
^ whats my trailer have to do with anything ?

Drifte
12-21-2011, 02:17 PM
just stick to standing at a machine and pressing buttons and talking over a loud speaker...
Thats my dream job:
http://vvoice.vo.llnwd.net/e14//deadmau5-at-epic.5526003.87.jpg

or did you mean...?
http://img1.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/071e642b1052d8f813b6789599f72a691227620745_full.pn g

derek072887
12-21-2011, 02:22 PM
the standing at a machine refers to his actual job and the loud speaker refers to his "djing" mixing songs is djing... he presses play and pause and talks

OldSkoolRCR
12-21-2011, 02:24 PM
nope no friends at all that would come help me.... those people that call you must not have any friends their own age to call either if they call you.... fuck they know if the call George and ask him a question he would call you to get the answer and them call them back hahahaha

and this is some bullshit about how he was raise in the spot and all that bullshit... does he even know how to work on a car? how about drive one? did he make a clean pass in his own car this year under full power? didn't think so.. sounds like your son is a fucking fail when it comes to actually driving and working on cars.... and needs to just stick to standing at a machine and pressing buttons and talking over a loud speaker...

U know derek...Im just going to let this ride for now. But we will take it up in the spring.

AutoMods
12-21-2011, 02:24 PM
how did this deep hatred between derek and the bohrens start?

derek072887
12-21-2011, 02:25 PM
George's smart ass... i have nothing against Ed at all... actually

OldSkoolRCR
12-21-2011, 02:25 PM
^ whats my trailer have to do with anything ?

I left it there because I knew thats the response I would get from U.

OldSkoolRCR
12-21-2011, 02:27 PM
how did this deep hatred between derek and the bohrens start?

deleted

derek072887
12-21-2011, 02:28 PM
deleted also

AutoMods
12-21-2011, 02:39 PM
I left it there because I knew thats the response I would get from U.

Make fun of my harbor freight trailer all you want. They have some good prices there. Sorry I can't afford a 20 foot enclosed trailer like you got. You buy your motors from speed inc all shiny. I have to get mine from the junkyard.

sparkles
12-21-2011, 02:45 PM
My next motor came out of a boat...literally. The Mercruiser will fuck all your shit up.

OldSkoolRCR
12-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Make fun of my harbor freight trailer all you want. They have some good prices there. Sorry I can't afford a 20 foot enclosed trailer like you got. You buy your motors from speed inc all shiny. I have to get mine from the junkyard.

Correction: 26' enclosed trailer, and the N/A motor came from along way from SpeedInc... SpeedInc builds nice stuff, but not to this calibur. If you wanna buy it I would sell it to you, and take your junker in on trade both of them on trade.

OldSkoolRCR
12-21-2011, 02:51 PM
My next motor came out of a boat...literally. The Mercruiser will fuck all your shit up.

Im done u WIN!

Drifte
12-21-2011, 02:58 PM

my trucks 4.3 is ran in boats, but uses an ls style intake manifold, fuel rail and injectors. The boats get better stuff, not fair.

sparkles
12-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Yes, but it does it have a tag?

StreetSweeper
12-21-2011, 06:10 PM

Bahahaha... I bet ur the prize child to You dad!! What a tool. See You at the track!!

derek072887
12-21-2011, 06:13 PM
Bahahaha... I bet ur the prize child to You dad!! What a tool. See You at the track!!

prize child? sorry im not an only child like you that got handed everything in life... my STEP dad has only been in my life 3 years...

and see me at the track? what you go 2 times a year i doubt we cross paths at all next year haha, your to busy to even race why even build a race car to just sit? oh thats right your not building it..............

derek072887
12-21-2011, 06:15 PM

one more thing i just remember that has to do with friends calling others for help... one of the guys that calls and talks with you FREQUENTLY about his race car has called me a few times over the past month asking me questions about his gf's car... so actually i guess me and you have the same friends... but he is actually MY age....

OldSkoolRCR
12-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Im sure Fiddy calls you about the Volvo...which I have no clue about, and actually dont care to know about....all I know is they are a good family car, for trips, and hauling the kiddys to school...So Im proud... you know more about something I care less to know about.
I was on the phone with George while he was pushing his buttons, he assures me your paths will cross eventually.

derek072887
12-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Im sure Fiddy calls you about the Volvo...which I have no clue about, and actually dont care to know about....all I know is they are a good family car, for trips, and hauling the kiddys to school...So Im proud... you know more about something I care less to know about.
I was on the phone with George while he was pushing his buttons, he assures me your paths will cross eventually.

:eek: :hides:

Deimos
12-21-2011, 06:39 PM
:eek: :hides:

What's wrong with having friends of all ages?

derek072887
12-21-2011, 06:51 PM
What's wrong with having friends of all ages?

nothing at all... he mentioned it i was just pointing something out..

DustinsDuster
12-21-2011, 07:49 PM
i don't know how to work on anything. anyone want to come build my truck for me?

Domestic Disturbance
12-22-2011, 01:57 AM
i don't know how to work on anything. anyone want to come build my truck for me?

I'll bring super glue.

sparkles
12-22-2011, 08:28 AM
I'll work on the tach if Garret doesn't start crying like a girl this time.

Drifte
12-22-2011, 08:56 AM
I'll work on the tach if Garret doesn't start crying like a girl this time.
I think I missed something.

AutoMods
12-22-2011, 10:34 AM
^ me too

sparkles
12-22-2011, 01:22 PM
He got butt hurt when I was trying to give him some choices on face colors on a tach he was wanting to buy.

http://iowaautoforums.com/showthread.php?13406-WTB-SBC-Crank-Waterpump-pulley-s.-Local.-Today

AutoMods
12-24-2011, 12:57 PM
did a little more work on the strip down for the machine shop. the crank pulley bolt removal was the only challenging part. made a bar with drilled holes to connect the flywheel holes to a hole on the block to stop the crank from spinning. took a 4 foot bar to crack the crank bolt free.

Thanks to Greg and Colton for their help and company. And to slowride who is lead adviser of this motor build ;)

intake manifold removed
http://importevolution.com/temp/lq4/IMG_9529.jpg

intake manifold with fuel rails and injectors still mounted
http://importevolution.com/temp/lq4/IMG_9531.jpg

socket resting on a head bolt
http://importevolution.com/temp/lq4/IMG_9532.jpg

valley cover and wires leading to the two knock sensors under the cover
http://importevolution.com/temp/lq4/IMG_9533.jpg

4" pistons and lifter buckets in this picture
http://importevolution.com/temp/lq4/IMG_9534.jpg

mounted on an engine stand now instead of on the floor
http://importevolution.com/temp/lq4/IMG_9536.jpg

valley cover removed, through the holes in the front and rear you can see camshaft under there. so you can spin the motor and watch the cam push on the lifters.
http://importevolution.com/temp/lq4/IMG_9537.jpg

heads and head gaskets
http://importevolution.com/temp/lq4/IMG_9538.jpg

Deimos
12-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Next is the 3 jaw puller. Man I love those engines.

sparkles
12-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Hmm...so THAT'S what my engine looks like inside. Cool. What's your plans for the intake mani, rails, and injectors? I'll take them off your hands if you're just gonna toss it.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-24-2011, 03:15 PM
I have an entire 6.0 valvetrain, manifolds, intake mani, rails, injectors, and Tb laying around

Deimos
12-24-2011, 03:16 PM
I may have a buyer depending on how much ya want

McKeever
12-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Who's going to build the motor?

harodavid
12-24-2011, 08:23 PM
sale-wynwg-2764024846@craigslist.org

DustinsDuster
12-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Next is the 3 jaw puller. Man I love those engines.

i have one if you need to borrow it.

AutoMods
12-26-2011, 12:27 PM
M
i have one if you need to borrow it.

Thanks but I have one from working on the ls1 for a cam change. Pulley is off already. I'll post some more pics in a day or two

OldSkoolRCR
12-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Ryan...Im trying to figure out exactly what you got for $675? Hopefully your not using the stock rods and crank from that motor, I know your not using the pistons or the heads the oil pan is a truck pan to DEEP no gooda...so did you buy a block for $675?

Drifte
12-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Ryan...Im trying to figure out exactly what you got for $675? Hopefully your not using the stock rods and crank from that motor, I know your not using the pistons or the heads the oil pan is a truck pan to DEEP no gooda...so did you buy a block for $675?

What would be wrong with the crank?

OldSkoolRCR
12-26-2011, 03:57 PM
What would be wrong with the crank?

There good to about 600hp, but since he wont make over that Im sure its OK...lol Since his other motor made what 545 I was thinking he was upgrading.

Drifte
12-26-2011, 04:12 PM
There good to about 600hp, but since he wont make over that Im sure its OK...lol Since his other motor made what 545 I was thinking he was upgrading.

My understanding is arp's and 1000hp is a non issue. Some claim 1400hp. Thats turbo, so say 1200hp reliable turbo, and maybe 900hp on spray.Thats just from reading though.

OldSkoolRCR
12-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Ok keep reading....good luck!

stangvortech
12-26-2011, 04:37 PM

That is top secret he cant tell you.

Jappbox
12-26-2011, 05:03 PM
I thought this was a Lq4?? 1000whp no problem. Seen 3 of these stock crank and or stock motor carss turbo running in texas last year. all over 800hp heres one of the guys thats on supra forums, has a TH400 and GT4580R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDFlnadYwVw

"stock crank, rods and pistons, trickflow 225 CNC heads, LS6 intake manifold. balanced with fed mogul 3/4 bearings "

OldSkoolRCR
12-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Yep Jesse...everyone has stock shit in there motor just ask them...lol

Jappbox
12-26-2011, 05:46 PM
these guys are not grudge racers, only race for $1 bills. I think that car only has stock crank and he means it has aftermarket rods and pistons. Dont you hear the music in the back ground? street car.

AutoMods
12-26-2011, 06:14 PM

who has had issues with a stock crank at 600hp ? 1000hp+ I see all over the place on ls1tech. maybe you need aftermarket if you are going to spin it to 8k like on your new NA build. Or a supercharger might add some stress onto the crank so maybe that is why speedInc told you that you needed forged.

Grr
12-26-2011, 06:16 PM
I didnt have any problems with my stock LQ4 longblock at 700whp? Why would he want to put in a crank when that one is good to at least 800whp all day long

TbTalon94
12-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Yep Jesse...everyone has stock shit in there motor just ask them...lol

I seam to remember you saying the very same thing...

AutoMods
12-26-2011, 06:28 PM

did you buy a brand new block ? hard to find stripped used blocks . you going to say I got ripped off and not offer up what you paid for yours ????

FiFdYnUtZ
12-26-2011, 06:31 PM
A guy in Bp just picked up a complete 6.0 minus intake for 375...675 was a bit steep imo but ill agree the stock crank will handle the power..

AutoMods
12-26-2011, 06:45 PM
the prices are on car-part.com for anyone to see. there was probably 30 blocks within a two hour drive, I called about 8 of the blocks and put my eyes on 4 of them. i got a slightly better than average price for what the junkyards wanted. some of the cheaper ones were rusty like they were exposed out in the open. or flooded. there was a couple cheaper ones that had broken heads or intake manifold from the collision, those I would say are slightly risky if the motor was running while the head got smashed possibly putting metal into the cylinder. mine was running when pulled and guaranteed to run good if i was to drop it in something.

if you paid less than that, congrats you got a good deal. sometimes you waste more time trying to find a killer deal for 6 months. time is money too.

AutoMods
12-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Who's going to build the motor?

pm me. can't let the bohrens know. Do a search on IAF, you will see I started talking about doing an iron block build first. then sure enough eddy b started talking about selling the aluminum blocks and going iron.

shit gets copied on here like its a final exam.

OldSkoolRCR
12-26-2011, 07:20 PM
pm me. can't let the bohrens know. Do a search on IAF, you will see I started talking about doing an iron block build first. then sure enough eddy b started talking about selling the aluminum blocks and going iron.

shit gets copied on here like its a final exam.

Ryan WTF are yu talking about I could give shit less whos building you junk...I made a simple post asking you a simple question about the crank/rods if you want to use them knock yourself out...Whats funny is my motor is in the 4 sale section, so exactly what am I hiding. Funny if you would have asked I would have sold you a LQ4 long block cheap. anyway carry on with your build...I hope youu make big power.

And for your info, I had my NA motor being built during the last IAF race, so trust me you and tour iron block build was not my deciding factor

OldSkoolRCR
12-26-2011, 07:24 PM
these guys are not grudge racers, only race for $1 bills. I think that car only has stock crank and he means it has aftermarket rods and pistons. Dont you hear the music in the back ground? street car.

Everything in Texas is a streetcar...Since my radio and CD player works I need to go to Texas then it will be a street car...

OldSkoolRCR
12-26-2011, 07:31 PM
did you buy a brand new block ? hard to find stripped used blocks . you going to say I got ripped off and not offer up what you paid for yours ????

No I was saying if you paid $675 for a motor and you intend to use basicly the block only yes I think you over paid, IMO I feel $675 for a block and crank are to much, but my opinion. you never asked what I paid? I paid $100 for the LQ4 bare block, I have a LQ4 longblock I gave $250 for, and a LQ9 short block I gave $150. You should have asked i would have sold it to you for what I had in it.

OldSkoolRCR
12-26-2011, 07:36 PM
I seam to remember you saying the very same thing...

Im sure I did, your point?

K-ville
12-26-2011, 07:37 PM
whats a good price on a complete one? ive got a friend building a 42 gmc that ive got talked into using a lq4 or 9. He could use the injection and computor and everything.

OldSkoolRCR
12-26-2011, 07:41 PM
whats a good price on a complete one? ive got a friend building a 42 gmc that ive got talked into using a lq4 or 9. He could use the injection and computor and everything.

If you look there out there for around $650.00-850.00 with harness/ECU. If I was him I would get the motor with intake and injector, then by a standalone wiring harness with just the items he needs for it, seen them for about $250.00

Jappbox
12-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Everything in Texas is a streetcar...Since my radio and CD player works I need to go to Texas then it will be a street car...

I didnt say that guy was from texas, hes from Florida I think. I just said I seen one or 2 while in texas that were turbo. maybe the turbo cars are holding more power with the stock crank it could be less harsh then N20. I was only comparing what I have seen in person since there is not a turbo Lq4 shortblock runing around here in the last 2 years. And my street car was refuring to his Mod list, he has nothing to hide and he posted all the specs of his setup since its not a grudge racing car. Thats all i ment by my posts refuring to the stock crank.

AutoMods
12-26-2011, 09:26 PM
not sure what I'll actually reuse, but a lot of my stuff is getting stripped off my ls1 like the crank pulley and accessories, oil pan and intake manifold, cable throttle body.

So having the truck stuff around in case I sell my ls1 to a truck owner or a project car that can fit the truck accessories.

either way I think its a better deal to buy a complete long block, ebay the stuff you don't use. I think I got the good truck coils in which some people say are good for 0-30 extra whp.

317 heads $150
crank $125
exhuast manifolds $30 each
rods and pistons $60
Truck Ignition Coils $125
water pump $40
intake manifold $40
oil pan , baffle, pickup
timing cover
rear main seal cover
cam and cam retainer plate
throttle body
injectors
fuel rail
tensioner
crank pulley
sensors (water, oil, knock, map)
valley cover
valve covers
lifter buckets

i'm sure i'm forgetting some stuff

AutoMods
01-23-2012, 10:45 AM
I have some more pictures to share and I was even going to share my excel price sheet on the cost for all the parts and machine work. But I guess the trend with other members and the cool thing to do is not to share.

derek072887
01-23-2012, 10:47 AM
let those "grudge" racers hide their shit, LOL

JustinS
01-23-2012, 11:01 AM
I have some more pictures to share and I was even going to share my excel price sheet on the cost for all the parts and machine work. But I guess the trend with other members and the cool thing to do is not to share.

Post it up, I love build threads.

Jappbox
01-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Post it up ryan, Ill show you my radiator pics! LOL

AutoMods
01-23-2012, 03:49 PM
Post it up ryan, Ill show you my radiator pics! LOL

I can't post up my digits dawg. Hood Rats from quad cities might see what kind of parts I'm bangin and bum rush my shit .

stangvortech
01-23-2012, 03:56 PM
lol post up!!! It is cool to see your new build.

FiFdYnUtZ
01-23-2012, 04:28 PM
let those "grudge" racers hide their shit, LOL

So the internet racers like you can sit and wonder

FiFdYnUtZ
01-23-2012, 04:29 PM
And Ryan, why you gotta practice what ya preach?

derek072887
01-23-2012, 04:37 PM
So the internet racers like you can sit and wonder

racer? i have a 4k lb 300hp boat.. i aint racing no body

FiFdYnUtZ
01-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Then stfu

derek072887
01-23-2012, 04:55 PM
why for saying that you guys can hide your shit but we would like to see his?! butt hurt? shit i wasn't even talking about you

AutoMods
01-23-2012, 04:57 PM
And Ryan, why you gotta practice what ya preach?

i'm trying to prove a point on how fun our forum can be if everyone decided not to share their builds. so i'm done posting my engine build and my rear end build.

FiFdYnUtZ
01-23-2012, 05:11 PM
why for saying that you guys can hide your shit but we would like to see his?! butt hurt? shit i wasn't even talking about you

i know you werent, and im not butthurt, but your cocking off is annoying..

FiFdYnUtZ
01-23-2012, 05:12 PM
i'm trying to prove a point on how fun our forum can be if everyone decided not to share their builds. so i'm done posting my engine build and my rear end build.

well that point already lost us some members, they have never been people to put their business out in the open, and if you cant respect that then they will leave...as shown

derek072887
01-23-2012, 05:18 PM
what is the point of a car forum if your not gonna post what your doing to your ummmm car?

FiFdYnUtZ
01-23-2012, 05:23 PM
jesus fuck here we go again...why did i even give it a chance...

JustinS
01-23-2012, 05:39 PM
well that point already lost us some members, they have never been people to put their business out in the open, and if you cant respect that then they will leave...as shown

Then why the fuck did George post a 'build thread'? It's asinine to do that but want to keep your setup secret. If you want to keep your shit under wraps that is fine, but don't post up vague details and expect praise. You're going to get questions, but if you don't want to deal with that then keep your junk off the Internet, pretty simple concept.

FiFdYnUtZ
01-23-2012, 05:51 PM
are you kidding me? have you even been on these sites the past 5+ years? they do that shit every winter...oh wait, you wouldnt know, because WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU to the car scene around here? your just another screen name...i need to start stepping back and looking who im arguing with

FiFdYnUtZ
01-23-2012, 05:53 PM
done now, carry on with your 'point proving'....we are all very concerned, ryan. as shown with the activity on the site lately.

JustinS
01-23-2012, 05:56 PM
done now, carry on with your 'point proving'....we are all very concerned, ryan. as shown with the activity on the site lately.

Sorry to break it to you Tyler, but you seem to be the only one with a problem with the site besides Ed and George.

JustinS
01-23-2012, 05:59 PM
are you kidding me? have you even been on these sites the past 5+ years? they do that shit every winter...oh wait, you wouldnt know, because WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU to the car scene around here? your just another screen name...i need to start stepping back and looking who im arguing with

I'm me, deal with it.

Wahh I don't have a fast car so I don't mean shit to the forum, wahh. You got me there dude LOL

stangvortech
01-23-2012, 06:18 PM
so you have to have a fast car and know the "big dogs to post now" lol.

AutoMods
01-23-2012, 06:23 PM
I didn't say you can't keep secrets on here. But I can make fun of it because you know my opinion on it. We've all made fun of honda's too . Doesn't mean I hate their owners.

Wasn't it you guys that drove off dallas and clutchmuch and tried to drive off slownsteady?

I'd hate to see anyone leave the site, even though we'd probably keep more members in the long run if you guys weren't always heckling people.

85XR7Project
01-23-2012, 06:56 PM

Well shit, I guess since a few of us aren't part of the "car scene" we aren't welcome then?

Maybe I shouldn't spend so much time on here if that feeling is shared...

FiFdYnUtZ
01-23-2012, 07:03 PM
i honestly dont have a problem with a vast majority of the people on this site, hell we always get along when we get together, but this is all rediculous and all the fun in it is gone for me right now...i have my projects, you have yours, i'll still maintain the street heat and shit, but im done posting for a while...the mentality of this website is so fucking far off key its rediculous...and there are A LOT more people that agree with that then you forum whores think...until then...get a fucking lane or shut the fuck up................. bitches.

Clinical
01-23-2012, 07:35 PM
get a fucking lane or shut the fuck up
This shit is what I think people are talking about.

I think people feel distanced from shit like this that implies "If you don't have a fast car you don't belong." which really does probably turn off quite a few people.

85XR7Project
01-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Yeah I'm about at that point. Let King Fifdy run all the people out of here since he's good at it. All the people ryan mentioned left except keith and he's always busting his balls. Shit, you can't even get taken seriously on here unless you have a project going or you hang out with you guys in real life, otherwise for the most part you get ignored.

Drifte
01-23-2012, 07:52 PM
lol, Ive been a member on these forums since 2003, and Ive never even raced down a drag strip. Forums open to do and say whatever you want, and so if anyone leaves its on their own terms. I dont really care what people say. ya know the "grab a lane" I say eat a wiener. I dont care, I have far to many hobbies to focus on makin a car go fast for just a quarter mile.

I dont have anything against anyone on this forum. Im not aware of the forum heading in any direction, but if it is I hope its in broadening its members. I like to see different things.

JustinS
01-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Yeah I'm about at that point. Let King Fifdy run all the people out of here since he's good at it. All the people ryan mentioned left except keith and he's always busting his balls. Shit, you can't even get taken seriously on here unless you have a project going or you hang out with you guys in real life, otherwise for the most part you get ignored.
Imma call out your PT Bruiser.

derek072887
01-23-2012, 08:02 PM
lol, Ive been a member on these forums since 2003, and Ive never even raced down a drag strip. Forums open to do and say whatever you want, and so if anyone leaves its on their own terms. I dont really care what people say. ya know the "grab a lane" I say eat a wiener. I dont care, I have far to many hobbies to focus on makin a car go fast for just a quarter mile.

I dont have anything against anyone on this forum. Im not aware of the forum heading in any direction, but if it is I hope its in broadening its members. I like to see different things.

join date 2004 :p lier haha

McKeever
01-23-2012, 08:27 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing this thread getting back on topic. More pics and less words please.

85XR7Project
01-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Imma call out your PT Bruiser.

Lol okay I'm in.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-23-2012, 09:38 PM
major problem with this site seems to be one specific asshole fucking up everyones threads. This is a CAR forum, not a "drag racing" forum. You simple minded fucks that think cars should only be built for 1/4 mile runs are retarded.

I also think a mod or two shouldn't be mods. IMO, mods should be neutral, fallow site rules and try to make people feel welcome so the site can grow. Trevor, Colton, Dustin etc... Great mods/members then theirs fifdy, complete asshole to everyone, thinks if you dont street/drag race you shouldn't be on the site etc... If you dont like the site, fucking leave so others can enjoy it like everyone did when zac was in control. Not meaning anything against you, Ryan. This site use to be a welcoming place for any and all "car guys".

Tyler, STFU and start "getalanebitch.com" and go live your life a quarter mile at a time over there. Ok, Diesel???

stangvortech
01-23-2012, 10:03 PM
i honestly dont have a problem with a vast majority of the people on this site, hell we always get along when we get together, but this is all rediculous and all the fun in it is gone for me right now...i have my projects, you have yours, i'll still maintain the street heat and shit, but im done posting for a while...the mentality of this website is so fucking far off key its rediculous...and there are A LOT more people that agree with that then you forum whores think...until then...get a fucking lane or shut the fuck up................. bitches.

Wow lol you are such a dbag

Drifte
01-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Wow lol you are such a dbag

I assume the last line was a joke guys lol.

Oh and my Join dates wrong after a restore done a couple times after it crashed way back then.

Sleeping
01-23-2012, 10:15 PM
So we going to see the pics?

stangvortech
01-23-2012, 10:20 PM
if it was then haha but I dont think it was. haha

sLoWnStEaDy
01-23-2012, 10:24 PM
if it was then haha but I dont think it was. haha

i dont think it was, he's a douche like that...

Fire Hawk
01-25-2012, 06:44 PM
join date 2004 :p lier haha

Drifte and I were here from the beginning way back when Sean started CRU. I was one of the first few to sign up which was well before the 2004 dates posted. I like this forum but anymore it's falling apart with nothing but fighting in every single thread. It's quite sad and honestly not much fun to participate on here anymore. Still like to see whats going on and whats for sale, that's about it.

TbTalon94
01-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Drifte and I were here from the beginning way back when Sean started CRU. I was one of the first few to sign up which was well before the 2004 dates posted. I like this forum but anymore it's falling apart with nothing but fighting in every single thread. It's quite sad and honestly not much fun to participate on here anymore. Still like to see whats going on and whats for sale, that's about it.

Ditto^^

AutoMods
01-25-2012, 08:31 PM
I always enjoy a reading a good fight that doesn't involve me. except when people jump on newbies.

but lately i've been in too many arguments. i think i'm going to lay back for a while. :outtahere:

but i suppose somebody is always on the losing end

sLoWnStEaDy
01-25-2012, 08:58 PM
i think people are failing to see the "link" here. Certain people think they run shit and are assholes to everyone which is why we lose members/activity. People are, more or less, scared to even post anymore for fear of it becoming a big cluster fuck of shit talk. I am on forums 100x this size and i dont think i see 1/2 the shit talking i do on here. If anyone gets really bored, loke through a bunch of these butt fuckery threads and see the same few people linking them all together.

Caleb
01-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Don't be faggots, faggots. There I fixed the forums problems! I can has cookie now?

Deimos
01-26-2012, 05:35 AM

It's how I met you, Rabbit, Dustin, and the rest. I am pretty sure we had a chat box back then. Sad part is life tells us what priorities are, some people had to sell their cars. Combined that the races fell apart ten yeras ago. But if this town teaches us anything racing usually goes full circle.

Ricky
01-26-2012, 07:58 AM
I joined about the same time as Colton and Trevor. seen a lot of changes but not everyone gets along. The main thing we did when it was CRU was dinners and car meets. Everyone seemed to go back and forth with eachother online but could set everything a side and come to dinner at BWW. All you need back then was to like cars and want to learn. Now your nothing if you dont run 10's with a V8....

sLoWnStEaDy
01-26-2012, 08:14 AM
All you need back then was to like cars and want to learn. Now your nothing if you dont run 10's with a V8....

fucking AMEN!!! that's the point I have been trying to make for the last couple months. being a "car guy" doesn't mean you have to run 10's or even 12's, fuck a lot of car guys I know have never even been to a drag strip. Some of you guys should come up to "River Rats" here in Palo and hang out with the old timers who were running 9's in the 50+ years ago when it actually meant something. now days you can buy anything needed and bolt the shit in, hook it up to a computer and if you can drive, that's about all it takes.

black88gt
01-26-2012, 08:25 AM
i think people are failing to see the "link" here. Certain people think they run shit and are assholes to everyone which is why we lose members/activity. People are, more or less, scared to even post anymore for fear of it becoming a big cluster fuck of shit talk. I am on forums 100x this size and i dont think i see 1/2 the shit talking i do on here. If anyone gets really bored, loke through a bunch of these butt fuckery threads and see the same few people linking them all together.

If you're scared to post here you're taking the internet to seriously.

fucking AMEN!!! that's the point I have been trying to make for the last couple months. being a "car guy" doesn't mean you have to run 10's or even 12's, fuck a lot of car guys I know have never even been to a drag strip. Some of you guys should come up to "River Rats" here in Palo and hang out with the old timers who were running 9's in the 50+ years ago when it actually meant something. now days you can buy anything needed and bolt the shit in, hook it up to a computer and if you can drive, that's about all it takes.

Relax you're safe little guy. Ed and George are gone and Tyler hasn't posted in a bit.

Drifte
01-26-2012, 09:52 AM

I remember jamming my thumb doing donuts in the back parking lot of godfathers on 6th street after a meet. Good times.

Ricky
01-26-2012, 10:23 AM
I remember jamming my thumb doing donuts in the back parking lot of godfathers on 6th street after a meet. Good times.

I remember that night! I couldnt get the jetta up my parents hill that night and had to walk :(

sLoWnStEaDy
01-26-2012, 11:20 AM
If you're scared to post here you're taking the internet to seriously.

Relax you're safe little guy. Ed and George are gone and Tyler hasn't posted in a bit.

you need to stop taking everything i say so literally. People dont post because they know they will just get tore apart or some other shit will go down in their thread, 90% of the time they aren't even involved in it. CLEARLY i am not one of those people as i am here just as much as i have always been. I stopped posting my projects for right now but continue to update the one already on here (fiero) when there are updates. I have a ton of pictures on my computer waiting to be posted but i am going to wait until the build is finished, running/driving and i have video proof, might even try to get a signed statement from the president. ;-)

teaser, i am FINALLY doing the cookie cutter LSx swap. ;-) and another one i am actually more excited about but only Koble has that info and it's G-14 classified so... Also, no issues with Ed or George really. Only problem i have with Tyler is that he's a bitch and hides behind a monitor twisting words and just completely fabricating stories. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Later world, suck my ass!"

black88gt
01-26-2012, 11:35 AM
you need to stop taking everything i say so literally. People dont post because they know they will just get tore apart or some other shit will go down in their thread, 90% of the time they aren't even involved in it. CLEARLY i am not one of those people as i am here just as much as i have always been. I stopped posting my projects for right now but continue to update the one already on here (fiero) when there are updates. I have a ton of pictures on my computer waiting to be posted but i am going to wait until the build is finished, running/driving and i have video proof, might even try to get a signed statement from the president. ;-)

"You" in this case doesn't just refer to YOU specifically. I doubt that your friends or whoever would be "torn apart" if they asked reasonable questions or stopped in to discuss things w/ car people. I've seen a few trends with the shit-fests. I don't recall many that don't fit these criteria:

1. You posting about things that you can't verify
2. George posting about streetracing/track racing/grudge racing
3. Ed posting about streetracing/track racing/grudge racing
4. Tyler posting posting about streetracing/track racing/grudge racing

sLoWnStEaDy
01-26-2012, 11:48 AM
"You" in this case doesn't just refer to YOU specifically. I doubt that your friends or whoever would be "torn apart" if they asked reasonable questions or stopped in to discuss things w/ car people. I've seen a few trends with the shit-fests. I don't recall many that don't fit these criteria:

1. You posting about things that you can't verify
2. George posting about streetracing/track racing/grudge racing
3. Ed posting about streetracing/track racing/grudge racing
4. Tyler posting posting about streetracing/track racing/grudge racing

and you, along with many others seem to just fallow Tyler around like a puppy and pay no attention to facts. The ONLY thing i have said that isn't backed with proof is about the RX7. Would you care to fill me in on someting i said ON THIS WEBSITE that i cannot prove?

black88gt
01-26-2012, 12:06 PM
and you, along with many others seem to just fallow Tyler around like a puppy and pay no attention to facts. The ONLY thing i have said that isn't backed with proof is about the RX7. Would you care to fill me in on someting i said ON THIS WEBSITE that i cannot prove?

I'm really not going to sit here and argue with you because frankly I don't care. You make some claims that to most sound outlandish and when questioned you lash out and its you against everyone. Interesting you also specify on "on this website." Whether you're telling the truth or not this is how some of the threads on here take off. I don't have a dog in this fight I could care less if you are telling the truth or not.

I do remember you making some claims about income and how you made 6 figures in the summer months or something painting houses(I don't feel like looking it up); post your tax documentation for that. Seems easy enough.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-26-2012, 12:23 PM
yeah, i will get right on posting my tax info. ;-) i say on here because 1/2 the shit he was running his mouth about he got off my facebook. Still 100% true but it wasn't something i would post about on here.

only other shit was working with the FBI, marshalls, PDs, hmeland security etc... Want proof, ask Koble, i got him an interview and possibly a job. Then theres the girls thing, i posted my number, call and ask my girl, thats about the only way i can prove that, not going to let you watch.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-26-2012, 12:26 PM
FYI censors, didnt know that... Dont give a fuck though, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Go ahead and cry for that prick and delete my shit. Not like he knew shit about me or my family when he was running his mouth.

black88gt
01-26-2012, 12:29 PM
yeah, i will get right on posting my tax info. ;-)

only other shit was working with the FBI, marshalls, PDs, hmeland security etc... Want proof, ask Koble, i got him an interview and possibly a job. Then theres the girls thing, i posted my number, call and ask my girl, thats about the only way i can prove that, not going to let you watch.

Black bars can coneal personal info? Bank statement w/ month ending balance?

FYI censors, didnt know that... Dont give a fuck though, cry for that prick and delete my shit. Not like he knew shit about me or my family when he was running his mouth

What?

Drifte
01-26-2012, 12:33 PM
FYI censors, didnt know that... Dont give a fuck though, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxxxx hitler as far as i am concerned. Go ahead and cry for that prick and delete my shit. Not like he knew shit about me or my family when he was running his mouth.

Hitler is still alive.

LT1Dan
01-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Hitler is still alive.

I heard he was hiding out in South America.

Stutz
01-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Dont hate, congratulate. People are just mad that their lives arent even half as awesome.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-26-2012, 01:05 PM
half... 1/10 would be too much for all you fags

Drifte
01-26-2012, 01:07 PM
half... 1/10 would be too much for all you fags
lol huh

Theres an inbalance in the force...

fifdy-eddyb-george gone, Leaving Derek and Kieth invulnerable.

JacobS
01-26-2012, 01:12 PM
man, you sure do talk a lot more shit now that george ed and chekal arent here to bring you down...

ryan, you should get your stuff finished up. like...NOW.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-26-2012, 01:14 PM
lol huh

don't hate cuz Dos Equis originally wanted me for their commercials. I was too busy and their pockets weren't deep enough though. ;)

Stutz
01-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Its winter time, anybody out test driving $100k + cars?

allgo
01-26-2012, 01:22 PM

I was going to stay out of this but this post cracks me up..old cars where harder to make go faster.. wow..I ll just leave it at that..

sLoWnStEaDy
01-26-2012, 01:22 PM
man, you sure do talk a lot more shit now that george ed and chekal arent here to bring you down...

i am surprised this site even functions without the fucking holy trinity around... Crazy

sLoWnStEaDy
01-26-2012, 01:25 PM
I was going to stay out of this but this post cracks me up..old cars where harder to make go faster.. wow..I ll just leave it at that..

didnt say that. I just said back then you actually had to know shit, not any jackass with $5k could build a 10 second car.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Its winter time, anybody out test driving $100k + cars?

i assume this is another poke at me based on what Tyler said. Once again, i said "i drove", never said i was thinking of purchasing it. Again, another thing easily proven. Call Alloy Wheel Repair Specialists and ask for the owner, Rod. Ask him about all the cars we have done wheels for. I promise you, that $100k Jag was not the most expensive, not by a long shot. This is my point, you guys just post complete BS about me and then people lap it up like fucking coon dogs. One more "lie" from me easily proven to be fact... Next?

AutoMods
01-26-2012, 01:39 PM
FYI censors, didnt know that... Dont give a fuck though, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Go ahead and cry for that prick and delete my shit. Not like he knew shit about me or my family when he was running his mouth.

I thought that crossed the line so i choose to censor it. Nobody told me to, just my opinion. I've also deleted posts, banned, closed threads against you when I thought they crossed the line. Please don't repost something similar when I delete it as that just makes a mockery of the admins.

AutoMods
01-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Thread locked with blue loc tite. Not red.

Since some of you have expressed that you don't like all the trash, I locked the thread.

i'll reopen it later after i clean it. Justin suggested a trash category so we may make a category for trash and move all these posts in there.

Drifte
01-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Shoulda used red bra

Domestic Disturbance
01-26-2012, 02:17 PM
someone switched it with toothpaste :27:

AutoMods
11-13-2012, 11:07 PM
this thread i did lock on purpose earlier this year because of the shit storm of posts.

the gates of hell are now being re-opened .

I was going to clean up this thread and post some new pictures. got to re-reading most of this thread, it is full of a lot of WIN . thread of the year. too good to delete.

but anyway, hopefully i can make some updates during the slow winter times

AutoMods
03-06-2013, 04:51 PM
still haven't put my forged motor in. time is coming soon though. bought this $190 powerbond pulley for it recently. i wasn't baller enough for the $400 ATI pulley

http://automods.com/temp/rx7/powerbond.jpg

86svo9L
03-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Probably works just as well. Looks good.

AutoMods
03-07-2013, 04:08 PM
wiseco pistons, eagle rods

http://automods.com/temp/rx7/pistons_rods.jpg

Eddyc and I put the rings, pistons, crank, bearings, arp main studs in last summer. by eddyc and I, I mean eddyc handled the expensive parts and I kept him supplied with fresh paper towels. well ..... i mighta torqued a couple bolts for good measure. and i did do the bitch work of the tear down and cleaning beforehand

http://automods.com/temp/rx7/forged_lq4.jpg

derek072887
03-07-2013, 04:17 PM
what oil did you use on the pistons when putting them in the block?

AutoMods
03-07-2013, 05:12 PM
what oil did you use on the pistons when putting them in the block?

zoom into the oil can

http://automods.com/temp/rx7/pistons_rods_slowride.jpg

slow ride
03-07-2013, 05:56 PM
ax ya momz

sparkles
03-07-2013, 08:45 PM

RedRocketZ28
03-08-2013, 07:03 AM
Looks good Ryan. I am sure I will be doing the same thing when my stock bottom end LQ4 blows apart, ha.

Scott
03-08-2013, 07:19 AM
double post, oops

Scott
03-08-2013, 07:22 AM
I've been using a powerbond balancer for years with no issues.. 8000+ rpm and still on the crank so it must be decent!

I've always used just a small amount of the oil I plan on running.. Depends on the rings and hone finish but I've heard of people using just WD40 with hell-fire rings since they are so hard of material they can be hard to seat. I have previous "data logs" of engine crankcase vacum from when the rings were seated well so if I get excessive crankcase pressure I know I either have a leak or rings arent seated yet.

What type of fuel you running? You know what ring gap and piston/wall clearance you have?

JacobS
03-08-2013, 07:58 AM
what kind of fuel mileage do plan on getting with this?

Scott
03-08-2013, 09:09 AM

get outta here Sprinkles

slow ride
03-08-2013, 09:35 AM
I'd have to check as it was a year ago, but I believe I set it up with ~ .024" and .027" and .0045-.005" ptw on a 4" bore. E85 will cool it off quite a bit also. I'm sure the juice is all wd40 now since it's been sitting for a year and been sprayed down a few times I'm told ;)

sparkles
03-08-2013, 06:50 PM
What a dumb question....

AutoMods
03-08-2013, 10:28 PM

its a chevy truck motor, mpg's don't matter on truck motors

AutoMods
04-09-2013, 05:06 PM
EddyC was nice enough to spend most of Saturday helping my with my new motor. balanced my twin disc. Took my Patriot dual springs and titanium retainers off my ls1 and moved them to my ported 317 truck heads with ss valves and 3 angle valve job. Moved the cam over. pinned the crank as the press fit damper sometimes slip with higher hp.

couple clips i recorded. ed is pounding on new valve seals and using an overly fancy spring compressor tool and then drilling to pin the crank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSTeeTd2TNs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSTeeTd2TNs

i didn't take pictures of my pin but it looks just these pics i stole below

http://www.andersonperformance.net/DSCN4767w.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b265/Brittany-O/100_7769.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/RonSS/Pinned2.jpg

Drifte
04-11-2013, 08:39 AM
That is a sweet spring compressor. Whats up with the foot long drill bit?

slow ride
04-11-2013, 10:42 AM
It's for doing it on cars without much room. Don't worry, I just broke the bit on ryans car so it will be a little shorter:)

skipdownstairs
04-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Looking good guys!

slow ride
04-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Ryan, you missed all the spring install height measurments and shimming to get good, even spring pressure across all the valves. I think we ended up around 150 on the seat which should be good for his cam lobes. We couldn't finish two of the springs as the spring seats were missing. I'll let Ryan fill you guys in on that :)

skipdownstairs
04-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Do you need some spring seats??

AutoMods
04-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Ryan, you missed all the spring install height measurments and shimming to get good, even spring pressure across all the valves. I think we ended up around 150 on the seat which should be good for his cam lobes. We couldn't finish two of the springs as the spring seats were missing. I'll let Ryan fill you guys in on that :)

i know your camera shy so I kept the recording to a minimum

Do you need some spring seats??

Nope, I found them when i got back home from the machine shop. I forgot to remove two of my aftermaket seats when i was converting my original ls1 heads back to OEM. i installed the oem seats right on top of the aftermarket seats kinda like a shim. all is good now, my ls1 heads are back to oem and ready to sell. my dual springs/retainers are all moved over and shimmed on my ported truck heads

Mike@Salkowski-Motorsport
04-11-2013, 06:11 PM
looks good man.