PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Iowa Street Car Shootout Pre-Registration Discussion

AutoMods
12-08-2011, 11:36 AM
I think it would be a good idea to get people to commit to the 2012 Street Car Shootout in order to estimate class participation and gather accurate registration information.

Last year about half of the people backed out. I'm proposing we collect $20 to pre-register and this money will be used as prize money and perhaps a little for flyer marketing. With this money you will get a IAF t-shirt and sticker.

If you do not show up, no refund and no shirt/sticker.

We could still allow sign up the day of the race but it would cost $30 and no shirt/sticker.

What do you guys think?

FiFdYnUtZ
12-08-2011, 11:39 AM
the question is, will 50 be enough, though?

AutoMods
12-08-2011, 11:55 AM
there is no $50. Its either $20 pre-registration or $30 registration the day of. This does not include public track entry fee or private track rental fee.

Last year we only had a two or three hundred dollars with sponsor money and most of it was in prizes and gift certificates not actually cash. I know there has been talk of all this sponsor money but until we have real commitments we can't count on it. If we apply sponsor money to help pay for a private track rental, it will take a lot of money to make a big impact. For example if we get $500 cash donation and have 30 participants, that only takes of $16.66 off each persons entry.

CiviC_boY
12-08-2011, 12:12 PM
I would be down for a pre reg. For $20.. but I would want to pay $125 to rent a track or anything..

LT1Dan
12-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Pre-reg is a good idea. I would like some clarification on registering for multiple classes. Say I want to run in the KOTS and 12.0 index, what is it going to cost to run in both? Is it another $20 to register for each additional class?

AutoMods
12-08-2011, 02:36 PM
It would be just one fee.

LT1Dan
12-08-2011, 02:42 PM
It would be just one fee.

Gotcha. Thanks.

slo4cyl
12-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Sounds good to me, I think Ill have a FWD coming to as long as he doesnt have to work.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-08-2011, 03:05 PM
How are we going to run all these classes at a public tnt?

AutoMods
12-08-2011, 03:16 PM
How are we going to run all these classes at a public tnt?

We could do awards given by quickest ET during any pass, there won't actually be but one or two elimination ladders, we will have to group people together like last year was one big ladder.

APPLES355
12-08-2011, 03:42 PM
I am not complaining at all, but what i find funny is that during a normal test & tune it is a crap shoot on how many cars they will see that day. i have been at TnT's that have far less than 40 cars and i wonder how they recoupe the money they lose for poor car count. Even if they have 40 cars how do they offset the cost between the normal cost and what each of us are looking to pay. The track must require a lot of money from the sponsors they get!

On a side note, some of the people i know would be all for some drag racing fun, but not at the cost of $125. Me i am fine with it because the manual shootout part of the event is worth it to me, but to grow the event it will make it challenging.

I would agree that the pre-registration is a good idea. Not only you figure out a base car count but you could bring that to sponsors and they may be more willing if we have more cars.