PDA

View Full Version : VOTE! Private or Public track for 2012 shoot out

Drifte
12-08-2011, 11:29 AM
This is the official vote for running a private track day or running on a public day.

Private: $6,000 for $40 cars. = roughly $125 per person (assuming sponsorships coverage)

Public: $20 standard entry fee, plus Shootout entry fee $20.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-08-2011, 11:42 AM
will we need space for 40 cars? im sure the price drops drastically as the car count goes down considering 10 cars is 1500...so i'll assume 1500 for every 10 cars, that will be 150 per person to cover the rental, then sponsor money could be used to lower entry fee and create small purses (100 1st 50 2nd) so that we could have an even $100 to race?

AutoMods
12-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Last year we only had a two or three hundred dollars with sponsor money and most of it was in prizes and gift certificates not actually cash. I know there has been talk of all this sponsor money but until we have real commitments we can't count on it. If we apply sponsor money to help pay for a private track rental, it will take a lot of money to make a big impact. For example if we get $500 cash donation and have 30 participants, that only takes of $16.66 off each persons entry.

And also sponsors may want to have their money to toward prize money instead of entry fee money, just depends.

LT1Dan
12-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Spending $2-300 for a day of racing is a bit much for me. I know the faster guys spend way more than that but my shit is slow. So I'm gonna have to go with the public race unless the price comes down some.

90 notch
12-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Private hands down!

Scott
12-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Gotta remember with a private track rental the track should be alot stickier for everyone since you dont have so many random T+T cars going down the track. I know some of the stickiest days I've had at the track were when the car count was down like cordova at the end of the year.

Should be a good day for people to make some new personal best track times if the weathers decent and a private track rental, just saying... I am a huge fan actually running a ladder and racing cars heads up, they will probably make some extra accommodations for some grudge racing too.

c_mart_28
12-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Public event gives my car at least a little time to cool down between passes.

I'm sure that I could come up with the money for a private event but I'd say that the cost involved would drive down the particiapation somewhat.

That said, I'd rather have a private track in a perfect situation.

Clinical
12-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Yeah I don't think we'd all be able to drive the 3 hours up with all the gas + swing the entry fee. I'd for sure come up to watch though if we don't bring any cars from down here.
Not saying I disagree with the price, gotta pay to play! Private track rental would def be best

DustinsDuster
12-08-2011, 05:47 PM
i think in the end, making it a public event and keeping entry prices down will be the best plan. i think that will bring the most people, and help keep things light hearted. wait a few years, and if the event gets bigger and bigger, maybe we could rent the track out then.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-08-2011, 06:14 PM
problem is, the event wont be able to get big without a rental imo, we will be bottle necked by time and other racers, as well as the clusterfuckability

c_mart_28
12-08-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm curious as to how an event runs 6g's for 40 cars.

Is it an exponential insurance thing? That'd be the only reason why (that I can think of..) a rental would go up on cost with more people attending. I can see a bit of a spike but if we're talking from $1500 to $6000, that's quite a jump.

AutoMods
12-08-2011, 06:48 PM
not sure, doesn't make sense to me either, that info came from george so I don't know all the details. might be a bit more staff required and maybe george was adding hours to the rental with the higher car count

Xboosted23X
12-08-2011, 07:04 PM
I don't know much about track rentals but that seems high to me. They would need 300 cars for a normal t&t to get 6k. I can't say if I coming until I know the date.

AutoMods
12-08-2011, 07:07 PM
^ yea and we definitely know they don't have anywhere near 300 cars oftentimes. except they do make money on spectators also on a public day

FiFdYnUtZ
12-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Someone needs to get in contact with Dan and see...George was hot on it for about 2 days

bizzle
12-08-2011, 11:26 PM
im pretty much with casey on this. it would be awesome to have a private track day but that would be alot of money... hell ill probly already be out $100 just in gas for the day. throw in another 100+ to race. i would have to just ride and watch if that was the case. but change it to 20bucks and i am so there. if i cant afford the gas to trailer it ill drive the damn thing there and leave the dot wrinkle walls at home so i dont break anything .... yeah i found some et streets

boostedsohc
12-11-2011, 03:23 PM
private would be nice. but its way to much IMO. most events arent even that much. if its private the chances of me and my buddies coming would be very slim. it would be over $300 for each of us to come to a "fun" track day. im all about having fun but $300+ is a bit much for me to drive a ways to just have fun. it would be hard for most people traveling to fit it into there budget.
but on a public day i agree it would be a clusterfuck with all the other T&T cars. it would be a tough call i think.