PDA

View Full Version : Biker build off..

CiviC_boY
12-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Just wondering who on here watch the American Chopper biker Build off ?
If so what are your thoughts?

Sr: His bike was just fucking retarded(IMO)
Jr:His bike was ok looking but there suppose to build a bike not a airplane
Jesse James: Was my favorite bike ( Im a old school kind of guy)

Xboosted23X
12-06-2011, 07:17 PM
I saw the episode last night. I would like to SR "bike" cruise down the highway. I like JR bike because its not your average bike.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-06-2011, 07:23 PM
jesse james built the only bike there in my opinion, jrs engineering and design is great and all, but its more of a show piece used for only looking at...gay

LT1Dan
12-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Holy shit, that show is still on tv?

sLoWnStEaDy
12-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Sr. Didnt even build a bike...

JJ's bike looks exactly like 1,000,000 other bikes out there

Jr's bike is bad ass. I am not a huge fan of the damn "theme thing" to be honest but of the three, gotta go with Jr's. I do have to admit i am a huge PJD fan though! I wish Rick would ditch OCC and join up with PJD, that would pretty much be the end of any competitions as they would own all.

K-ville
12-06-2011, 08:11 PM
im not really a fan of any of them but if i had to pic id pic JJ

Jappbox
12-06-2011, 08:20 PM
My names Jesse James, Who wants a bike? LOL

bizzle
12-06-2011, 10:56 PM
i thought jrs was the nicest to look at but jjs is the only one i would ride

Drifte
12-06-2011, 11:16 PM
I looked it up and saw jesse's and Jr's. Both are bikes I would never ride. Didnt see any results for senior.

85XR7Project
12-07-2011, 06:44 AM
Sr's thing was straight up retarded. He's a douchebag and builds retarded shit and by that fact alone he should lose.

JJ's bike looks like every other bike he's ever built, each one is so high. He has to lean off to the side to even drive it. Hardly something id want to ride each day. Honestly I don't like the bikes he builds because each is a copy of the last with a different paint job and air cleaner. Let's not forget all the iron crosses he usually plasters all over the things.

JR's bike was not only unique but it was cool to look at, he takes an artistic view of things. Yes the theme thing has been ridden pretty hard into the ground. That being said the fab work that they did was cool, the seat alone was sweet as hell.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-07-2011, 06:59 AM
Its amazing what you can build with a parts catalog and hiring people to do all your fab work...Jr is a Fuckin cake decorator, I work in this industry and I can tell you right now that if you mention occ or junior you will get laughed? out of the place

Drifte
12-07-2011, 07:27 AM
I like to watch cafe racer, my garage TV rarely leaves that channel.

CiviC_boY
12-07-2011, 08:14 AM
I understand where ppl are coming from on Jr bike saying its the on the artsy side....But come on if u want to think of art look on how Jesse James HAND MADE his whole bike pretty much

FiFdYnUtZ
12-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Cafe racer is the Shit! Very underrated

sparkles
12-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Jr made something cool to look at.

JJ made and actual functioning MOTORCYCLE.

I don't even know how you could compare the 2. It was just like JJ said last night. It's got like a 3/4 gallon gas tank that's gonna get you on a 20 mile round trip.

Drifte
12-07-2011, 09:58 AM
JR: http://dsc.discovery.com/pdi/files/2011/12/30034_Paul-Jr-Build-off-bike-0290-622x447.jpg

JJ: http://dsc.discovery.com/pdi/files/2011/12/14-e1323132407696.jpg

Summary: Jesse James has no imagination left. JR's designer had a really good idea, that was ruined by scaling. So I choose...the bike below.

AutoMods
12-07-2011, 11:11 AM
jr's bike is the clear winner in my book

Drifte
12-07-2011, 11:28 AM
I like:
http://clusterd.sevenload.net/dataC002/data-sl-30.data54/slcom/lj/rv/jdfhjf/dyyxkqqlike.jpg
http://www.motorcyclemodificationz.com/gallery/motorcycle/Left-Fusion-Buell-Front.jpg
http://www.motorcyclemodificationz.com/gallery/motorcycle/Details-Fusion-Modifications.jpg

SaNdMaNsSi
12-07-2011, 11:46 AM
My .02 is that Juniors bike won hands down. Sure, he made the gas tank run the oil for the jetting...But, I think it could easily be a functioning tank. That aside, Jesse's bike was old and tired in my opinion. I've been watching his stuff since he first got on tv, and nothing has really changed. He is still building the same bike he was building 10 years ago. I like the guy, I love his attitude, but I don't like the old bikes he keeps regurgitating. I think it's great that he makes most of the stuff by hand (even though he said on tv that "everything" was done by hand"} he obviously didn't make the motor, tires, rims, etc. This was a bike build-off, not a hand craftsmanship/blacksmithing buildoff which were really his only talking points. Sure, JR's bike was flashy, but it was awesome flashy in my opinion. I think more innovation and thought went into JR's than anyone else's. Sr's was just straight up retarded. He built a snowmobile. A retarded one at that. It just shows me that PJD was actually the innovator over at OCC, and his dad is just mad he overshadowed him. In the end, I'm probably just partial to copper, and when that motor came rolling into the shop, I already had my decision made.

AutoMods
12-07-2011, 12:57 PM
^ qft

Jappbox
12-07-2011, 04:10 PM
I like to watch cafe racer, my garage TV rarely leaves that channel.

HD Theather, Now Velocity! Best Channel ever. My Fav show is Chassing classic cars, its really boring but its my cup of tea.

snickerlicker
12-07-2011, 04:26 PM
HD Theather, Now Velocity! Best Channel ever. My Fav show is Chassing classic cars, its really boring but its my cup of tea.

My favorite show too.

sparkles
12-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Well your book is gay

In the end, I'm probably just partial to copper, and when that motor came rolling into the shop, I already had my decision made.
Let's not forget who started the copper idea
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt89/BulletGeorgeLucian/wcc/Jesse20James202.jpg

SaNdMaNsSi
12-08-2011, 07:22 AM
Well your book is gay

Let's not forget who started the copper idea
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt89/BulletGeorgeLucian/wcc/Jesse20James202.jpg

I never said my book wasn't gay. I just said "in my book."

Jesse didn't "start" the copper thing, he was just one of many to do it on tv. And honestly, not to take anything away from him, but I don't like his bike nearly as much.

black88gt
12-08-2011, 04:32 PM
JJ's bike looks like every other bike he's ever built, each one is so high. He has to lean off to the side to even drive it. Hardly something id want to ride each day. Honestly I don't like the bikes he builds because each is a copy of the last with a different paint job and air cleaner. Let's not forget all the iron crosses he usually plasters all over the things.

Iron crosses, copy paste, different paint and an air cleaner.

http://www.givemoneygetstuff.com/wp-content/uploads/Radial_Hell.jpg

JJ can build a theme bike and not have it look like over the top gawdy shit and still function. This one is for Airstream, the trailer company.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/american-chopper/photos/jesse-james-bikes-2/gallery/06-more-jesse-james-bikes.jpg

Scott
12-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Maybe if you guys saw both the bikes in person you would have a different outlook, OCC is ridiculous bad fabrication from everything I have seen and Jesse James bikes were just immaculate. You need to get them both up close and actual got to see the details. Jr's bike looks like ass IMO, different yes, but I wouldnt be caught dead sitting on that dam thing, and whats up with the Cafe racer bike in that picture? Pretty sure that belt tensioner should be on the coast side of the belt not the drive side

sLoWnStEaDy
12-08-2011, 08:06 PM
you JJ fanboys are all acting like this was a "long distance road trip" bike build off. JR's bike functioned just fine, pretty sure i saw him test ride it at one point. Tiny gas tanks are not super uncommon in "crazy custom" builds. I think Indian Larry or that funky asian guy built on like that and had to carry gas with him on one of the shows.

Go to SEMA, or any other major car show, look at the cars they have and then tell them they aren't "real" or "functioning" because you cant take it on a cross country road trip. Most of the really "art" type cars they do specifically for show "like these bikes were" don even have wipers or turn signals etc...

I like JJ and i like Jr, the show was (as usual) going to come down to form over function and the right bike won, hands down. That being said, Jesse had built some bad ass bikes and a lot of my favorites are stuff he did back in the day.

Side note: I think that foreign guy from "Family Guy" needs to explain sarcasm to Jesse because i dont think he understands it.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-08-2011, 08:26 PM
been to sema, most of the cars are functional, the ones that arent, are not cars, they are show cars..

sparkles
12-08-2011, 08:39 PM

you JJ fanboys are all acting like this was a "long distance road trip" bike build off. JR's bike functioned just fine, pretty sure i saw him test ride it at one point. Tiny gas tanks are not super uncommon in "crazy custom" builds. I think Indian Larry or that funky asian guy built on like that and had to carry gas with him on one of the shows.

Go to SEMA, or any other major car show, look at the cars they have and then tell them they aren't "real" or "functioning" because you cant take it on a cross country road trip. Most of the really "art" type cars they do specifically for show "like these bikes were" don even have wipers or turn signals etc...

I like JJ and i like Jr, the show was (as usual) going to come down to form over function and the right bike won, hands down. That being said, Jesse had built some bad ass bikes and a lot of my favorites are stuff he did back in the day.

Side note: I think that foreign guy from "Family Guy" needs to explain sarcasm to Jesse because i dont think he understands it.

This must be why Jr and Occ's bikes are the laughing stock of the biker community.

sLoWnStEaDy
12-08-2011, 08:50 PM
been to sema, most of the cars are functional, the ones that arent, are not cars, they are show cars..

thats kind of my point. These things tend to lean more toward "show bikes" that are moderately functional. The one bike build-ff show had them go on fairly long trips so they knew to make sure function was as present as form. Sr's dumb ass even knew that and went WAY overboard with the looks and crap and just built that disaster.

Someone says "build a bike and then race it, fastest bike wins" you will probably just build the fastest bike you can and not worry as much on the looks.

Someone says "build a bike, whoever can ride it the longest wins" you will probably build the most comfortable bike you can without worrying too much about how fast it is.

So, when someone says "build a bike, we will show them on tv and people will vote for the one thay like, most votes win" you should know most americans are like fucking cats and will just go for the shiniest, most eye catching thing in front of them.

sLoWnStEaDy
12-08-2011, 08:59 PM
This must be why Jr and Occ's bikes are the laughing stock of the biker community.

just like West Coast Customs cars are the laughing stock of the car world. Doesnt mean they dont build some awesome shit. A wise man once said "Haters Gonna Hate!".

Remember these people are the same retards that pay $250 for a $30 Wal-Mart jacket just because it says "Harley Davidson" on it. Their themebikes are usually ridiculous, i will agree with that. HOWEVER you cannot deny that they do what the client wants, obviously, people wouldn't pay $100k+ for a bike they didnt like. We are building a Tahoe at work that will have almost $150k in it when done. We dont likeit, 90% of he people that see it think it is ridiculous but that is what he wants so he is getting it and it will be the best quality/craftsmanship it can possibly be.

sparkles
12-08-2011, 09:05 PM
A wise man once said "Haters Gonna Hate!".

A wise man? Don't you mean a crack dealer?

That's my point. They are building works of art/ conversation pieces to enhance interest in their business. I promise you a majority of what you see built on those shows doesn't see 100 miles in it's lifetime. I sits and gets looked at, as opposed to those that build bikes to actually use as a bike was intended for.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-08-2011, 09:15 PM
the real biker community is far from the coat, glove, chrome, shoe, sticker buying HD fanboy...they will respect bikes that can have a classy, proportional, traditional look while still retaining originality and COMPLETE form and function...not bikes that ONLY look out of the ordinary and adapt to a theme...i guess if you cant respect the craftsmanship jj puts into his bikes and the glory of his style, then by all means keep looking at jr's shiny piece of "art"

sparkles
12-08-2011, 09:19 PM
http://troll.me/images/business-cat-needs/attention-everybody-i-have-called-very-important-meeting-to-discuss-the-standing-of-comp-ooh-shiny-things.jpg

sLoWnStEaDy
12-08-2011, 09:28 PM
the real biker community is far from the coat, glove, chrome, shoe, sticker buying HD fanboy...they will respect bikes that can have a classy, proportional, traditional look while still retaining originality and COMPLETE form and function...not bikes that ONLY look out of the ordinary and adapt to a theme...i guess if you cant respect the craftsmanship jj puts into his bikes and the glory of his style, then by all means keep looking at jr's shiny piece of "art"

i was just being a dick. LOL

as i said, i love a lot of Jessies bikes! Most of his stuff (in my opinion) looks very similar, but how many bikes can you possibly build without them looking similar unless you have the "theme" to go on. Jr's new shop bike, the yellow/black "web theme" thing is a great example, in my opinion of a nicely done "theme" bike that is still plenty functional and pretty much just bad ass in every possible way.

If i had to choose one to own, it would probably be Jesses because it would be the most rideable of the three, which isn't saying much

Drifte
12-09-2011, 10:27 AM
^Id rather ride my pedal bike. Its more comfortable, and I have a longer range lol.

And scott, not sure on the belt tensioner. I'd agree, but I also only run chain so..no experience.

mmmm cb750
http://machofashion.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/cb750_cafe_racer.jpg

black88gt
12-09-2011, 11:09 AM
thats kind of my point. These things tend to lean more toward "show bikes" that are moderately functional. The one bike build-ff show had them go on fairly long trips so they knew to make sure function was as present as form. Sr's dumb ass even knew that and went WAY overboard with the looks and crap and just built that disaster.

Someone says "build a bike and then race it, fastest bike wins" you will probably just build the fastest bike you can and not worry as much on the looks.

Someone says "build a bike, whoever can ride it the longest wins" you will probably build the most comfortable bike you can without worrying too much about how fast it is.

So, when someone says "build a bike, we will show them on tv and people will vote for the one thay like, most votes win" you should know most americans are like fucking cats and will just go for the shiniest, most eye catching thing in front of them.

Except those show bikes look a million times better

http://dealer-world.co.uk/champs-bikes/2011world/2011world-021-a-l.jpg

http://dealer-world.co.uk/champs-bikes/bikes-2010world-040-a-l.jpg

http://dealer-world.co.uk/champs-bikes/bikes-2009world-084-a-l.jpg

http://dealer-world.co.uk/champs-bikes/bikes-2008world-055-a-l.jpg

http://dealer-world.co.uk/champs-bikes/2011world/2011world-086-a-l.jpg

Drifte
12-09-2011, 11:33 AM
http://dealer-world.co.uk/champs-bikes/2011world/2011world-086-a-l.jpg

Awesome!

Scott
12-09-2011, 01:49 PM
I gotta say all those bikes are hideous!! but bikes are one of those things like what is a "street car" and everyone has their own opinion. I just cant see even comparing Jesse James to OCC, and I have the same opinion on the chopper thing as I do the street car thing. I LOVE to drive my low 8 second car on the street, no ps, no ac, loud, stinks etc.. I also like to ride my hard tail 120" chopper on the street and its even louder, bumpier and has the turning radius of the city bus. Guess some people are into the comfort fancy stuff more than others.

Drifte
12-09-2011, 02:03 PM
IDK if you noticed scott, but the bike above is TURBO! Cant argue with that, even if it does have an ugly front fork of sorts.

As far as comfort, if its a chopper or a rocket, your in about the same comfort category, and not far off with the turning radius. Difference is the rockets fast, and really good at stopping too.

Scott
12-09-2011, 02:16 PM
IDK if you noticed scott, but the bike above is TURBO! Cant argue with that, even if it does have an ugly front fork of sorts.

As far as comfort, if its a chopper or a rocket, your in about the same comfort category, and not far off with the turning radius. Difference is the rockets fast, and really good at stopping too.

Yeah I noticed it, which yeah the turbo is cool but man that thing is ugly. I would feel really dumb riding that thing around!! I've ridden a stretched/lowered busa before and it was a pretty comfy ride actually, I didnt notice anything too bad with it and it was definitely fast as hell for being on the street!! They have their place. Trust me the chopper is much harder to ride and alot more uncomfortable, but its alot more badass compared to a crotch rocket IMO..

Drifte
12-09-2011, 02:22 PM
pshh choppers

Dont get me wrong, I dont think rockets are badass bikes. I wanted fastest for the dollar. I prefer a naked bike.