PDA

View Full Version : who's sold a car on ebay?

DustinsDuster
11-30-2011, 05:44 PM
just looking for a little guidance- i've read a bit through ebay's literature on it, but always like to ask people for first hand experiences. going on the feedback from the Sunbeam specific forum, it sounds like i could get a lot more money for my Sunbeam if i put it on ebay to sell. i've never sold anything on ebay, and have a few questions off the top of my head:

- i'd like to have to option to end the auction early in case someone local shoots me an offer or a deal comes along. what do i have to do (other than listing this in the description) to be able to do this?

- i'd still be open to the trades i listed for the car, but am not sure if i should put that in the description or not- this would also be part of being able to end the auction early if i wanted.

- i see some auctions have a "best offer" deal now- i'm assuming if the auction ended and the reserve wasnt met i would just just have the choice of accepting any of the offers or not? has anyone dealt with this before?

thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.

sLoWnStEaDy
11-30-2011, 05:48 PM
EDIT: sorry for the misinformation!

DustinsDuster
11-30-2011, 07:26 PM
how do they determine how much they'll charge you for the listing? from what i've read on the site, for a low volume seller, selling a car for over $2k, they want $125. is that not correct, or what?

AutoMods
11-30-2011, 08:12 PM
autos work a little differently then all the rest of ebay. looks like $125 for a vehicle above $2k http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/motorfees.html

you can only get best offers while your auction is live. ebay also has classified ads for long term listings

oif_2005
12-04-2011, 07:31 AM
i dont know anything about ebay i usually use craigs list its free.