PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Iowa Street Car shootout, early discussions

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Drifte
02-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Ah who am I kidding, my car wont be ready for this anyway. What are the rules for Motorcycles? Are there any rules for motorcycles?

Rules for bikes arent really setup, because at the moment its just myself and Ricky. And we are all about the bikes versatility, so we didnt need any rules. If people start coming in with stripped down drag bikes w/ air shifters, yea, we'll put something together.

slo4cyl
02-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Rules for bikes arent really setup, because at the moment its just myself and Ricky. And we are all about the bikes versatility, so we didnt need any rules. If people start coming in with stripped down drag bikes w/ air shifters, yea, we'll put something together.

There are 2 liter bikes signed up as well...

Drifte
02-08-2012, 09:39 AM
There are 2 liter bikes signed up as well...
haha, two 1 liter bikes. I saw 2 liter and thought "what the hell has someone created?!"

As far as the bike class goes, were all competitive within our own groups. We will have no awards, no ladder. We will simply all run our best times and compare them. We can all do basic math, the fastest time is a smaller number than the slower times. We'll have fun for sure. Eric and I have an ongoing drag battle that that day will hopefully determine a clear winner.

Ricky
02-08-2012, 10:24 AM
I will need straps and will possibly lower the bike for that day.

Drifte
02-08-2012, 10:33 AM
I will need straps and will possibly lower the bike for that day.

You will need everything you can get.

:boobies::boobies:

Ricky
02-08-2012, 10:48 AM
^ You will need to learn how to launch your bike.. we should practice on the road by your house...

Drifte
02-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Yea I'll have to practice for sure.

Aircooled
02-09-2012, 10:00 PM
haha, two 1 liter bikes. I saw 2 liter and thought "what the hell has someone created?!"

Triumph Rocket III, 2300cc three cylinder...

Anyway, probably been answered before, don't feel like going through 50 pages so... What would an entry fee for a bike be?

AutoMods
02-09-2012, 11:09 PM
The motorcycles may just be out for test and tune fun. no awards so I don't forsee any registration fee. but if there is at like 8 bikes we could setup a ladder for fun but I will let someone else volunteer to run that. I don't want to have to much on my plate.

and yes brent, I think we will try it out and let everyone run slicks this year

FiFdYnUtZ
02-10-2012, 06:20 AM
Street car bracket allowing tires not street legal.....nice

So I take it there isn't going to be any classes, just a bracket like last year?

black88gt
02-10-2012, 07:48 AM

So I take it there isn't going to be any classes, just a bracket like last year?

Was that ever finalized?

FiFdYnUtZ
02-10-2012, 08:28 AM
The motorcycles may just be out for test and tune fun. no awards so I don't forsee any registration fee. but if there is at like 8 bikes we could setup a ladder for fun but I will let someone else volunteer to run that. I don't want to have to much on my plate.

and yes brent, I think we will try it out and let everyone run slicks this year
Last part of this post leads me to believe so...

black88gt
02-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Last part of this post leads me to believe so...

Wow. Missed that part.

Aircooled
02-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Here's what I would do (Building on your current requirements).

All below items are required
-------------------------------
Windows, doors, hatch:
Windows must be factory glass or equivalent; they must be functional and roll up or down by either the stock crank and window regular or stock electrical motor and window regulator. Doors must functional and able to open and close as well as lock and unlock by the factory locking mechanism. Hatches and front trunks or rear trunks must be able to open and close.

Plates and registration:
Cars must have at least one license plate bonded to the vehicle by the DOT, registration and insurance must be current and on hand.

Lexan:
No lexan allowed.

Lights:
DOT required exterior lighting must be in place and working properly.

Manual Transmission cars:
Syncros required, no face plated or straight cut gears allowed.

Vehicle seating and restraint systems:
Passenger and driver seat(s) required, both seats must be designed and manufactured for use in automobiles. Seats must be properly bolted down and have a belt restraint system. Cars pre-1970 are required to have at least 2pt belts for each seat. Cars manufactured 1970 or newer must have at least a 3pt belt system for each seat.

Interior:
Interior trim panels may be modified for roll cage installation. Dashboard may be cut to allow passage of roll cage front downtubes. All other interior panels will remain unmodified and in place. Speedometer is required.

Engine exhaust:
Mufflers or resonators required (except on turbo cars). Exhaust must exit behind the drivers seat or further rearward.

Exterior:
One piece fiberglass front ends are not allowed. DOT legal side mirrors are required.

Tires:
DOT legal tires must be used.

You must meet at least three from the list below
---------------------------------
differential on drive wheels (open, limited slip or locker)
functional wipers
functioning hvac fan and vents
Brake booster (if factory installed)
pump gas in main tank (e85 is ok, separate race gas tank is ok) (hard to verify)

AutoMods
02-10-2012, 09:50 AM

Reasoning is, here is the poll we took

26.67% Allow only fwd to run a full slick
6.67% Allow fwd and awd to run a full slick
20.00% Allow everyone to run a full slick
46.67% Stick to a strict DOT approved tire rule

1. The first 3 options are some form of a slick option so there is a lot of people that want a slick.
2. Slick and cheater slicks are very similar, however fwd guys have trouble finding properly sized dot slicks and others don't want to buy a cheater slick just for this event.
3. more participation, especially from fwd guys
4. DOT cheater slicks aren't recommended for the street either. They are dot legal but if you call MT, they say they aren't designed for street use. So if we want a true street tire, we'd probably have to run radials

c_mart_28
02-10-2012, 10:27 AM
To further point 4, I've been told that the "dot legal" ET Streets aren't actually legal because tread depth is too shallow per DOT specs.

Honestly, I'd love to see some cars come out for the manual shootout portion of the event and just blow everyone away. Some like 9-second evo would be sweet to see in action and if means that they want to be on slicks to do it, so be it. As long as they're manually shifting their rig I'm all for it.

And when it comes down to it, I won't be driving 2+ hours on my ET streets anyways just because I've done that before and have come home to cords showing through. If I'm just going to be doing a swap at the track to a "legal" tire, what have we really proven?

That and, I don't know why, but when Ed bought his QTP's last year exclusively for the shootout I felt bad for having made him do that just to compete. Not that Ed gets much of my sympathy. I'm pretty sure he cheated anyways :)

black88gt
02-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Why can't they come and just not be eligible for a street trophy? Aren't tires and exhaust the hallmarks of every street class?

slow ride
02-10-2012, 10:53 AM
If getting in your head is cheating then yes he did ;)

c_mart_28
02-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Not saying you don't have a valid point. You do.

Me personally? I have both sets of tires so I will be okay with whatever. I just honestly want maximum participation.

black88gt
02-10-2012, 10:56 AM
To further point 4, I've been told that the "dot legal" ET Streets aren't actually legal because tread depth is too shallow per DOT specs.

I've driven my car on ET streets(bias ply) exclusively, even had an officer check them out and everything was good to go. Put a depth gauge in those little lines zig zagging, theyre deep enough

AutoMods
02-10-2012, 10:56 AM
I don't make the rules to better myself. I'll still be running dot cheater slicks because I already own some. I am still destined to win manual ladder anyway.

:1244::1244::1244::1244::1244::1244:

black88gt
02-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Not saying you don't have a valid point. You do.

Me personally? I have both sets of tires so I will be okay with whatever. I just honestly want maximum participation.

I'm all for participation which is why I said they can show up and not be eligible. Honestly I've got about 0 chance of winning so I don't have a dog in this fight but a street car class with slicks is about the silliest thing I've heard.

AutoMods
02-10-2012, 11:25 AM
I think a lot of people/clubs/organizations just make up events just like we do. Whatever is fair and fun. Quick google search found some other street car shootouts that allow slicks

http://www.indystreetcarshootout.com/?page_id=71
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313960
http://www.wvmotorsports.com/threads/15924-Street-Car-Shootout-RULES***-READ?
http://mustangcanada.com/forums/alberta/8746-edmonton-fastest-street-car-shootout.html

black88gt
02-10-2012, 11:37 AM
I think a lot of people/clubs/organizations just make up events just like we do. Whatever is fair and fun. Quick google search found some other street car shootouts that allow slicks

http://www.indystreetcarshootout.com/?page_id=71
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313960
http://www.wvmotorsports.com/threads/15924-Street-Car-Shootout-RULES***-READ?
http://mustangcanada.com/forums/alberta/8746-edmonton-fastest-street-car-shootout.html

Two of those have much more complex rules, one was contradictory in regards to tires(street legal everything but allows all tires, leads me to believe bias ply or radial was the "all") and the other had an 11.60 cutoff.

More complex rules include this

A maximum of a 28 x 10.5 non W slick, 28 x 12.50 ET Street or any 275 radial may be used on N/A, power adders limited to a P275/60-15 MickeyThompson Tire P/N 3754R radial tire. Wheel width is limited to 12"

But its whatever there's no point in continuing this.

Drifte
02-10-2012, 11:42 AM
I want everyone to go...so I dont know what tire option to support.

Aircooled
02-10-2012, 12:34 PM
If it says DOT, then it's legal in my book...

bizzle
02-11-2012, 01:22 AM
i say keep the 10.0 cap let the guys with slicks compete for all the tropheys but kots. i actually sold my slicks and bought dot radials for this event (yes im that lame). but im all for seeing different things. If allowing slicks will bring out the mythical Sasquatch, unicorn creatures known as 10 second fwd streetcars then i say let them bring the slicks. i would like to watch that after being eliminated first round. If it could bring an extra 10 people or so i say allow em

Newgen
02-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Whatever brings out the crowd! I'm just going to have fun and see casey get drunk again :biggrin:

c_mart_28
02-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Lol.

Never happened.

Aircooled
02-11-2012, 06:09 PM
i say keep the 10.0 cap let the guys with slicks compete for all the tropheys but kots. i actually sold my slicks and bought dot radials for this event (yes im that lame). but im all for seeing different things. If allowing slicks will bring out the mythical Sasquatch, unicorn creatures known as 10 second fwd streetcars then i say let them bring the slicks. i would like to watch that after being eliminated first round. If it could bring an extra 10 people or so i say allow em

Agreed, something like this would be best for everybody. Although this time I say if the car has ever run faster than a 10 period it should be DQed. I'm going to get some shit for saying this because it's aimed at the guy last year who pulled his bottle so he would be within the limits, but it's so damn easy to hide a bottle somewhere and jet the car down and run a dead 10. Unless we can have turbo people lower their PSI and blower guys repulley for these races. If we get 2-4 people who are within the 10.0 range it'll make for some good racing as they try not to break out.

FiFdYnUtZ
02-11-2012, 07:40 PM
hey there we go! now lets make it a slightly regulated 10.00 bracket race, that would be competitive and fun!!....fuck that, show up on a sunday with a dial on your car if you wanna do that shit....this should be nothing more than a street legal, heads up race event organized by classes (doubt there will be time for more than one bracket anyway)...

if you guys want the best attendance, why even make rules?

Deimos
02-11-2012, 07:54 PM
tyler you do fiberglass?

FiFdYnUtZ
02-11-2012, 08:50 PM
I dabble

c_mart_28
02-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Tyler, define the rules real quick.

For the manual shootout and the overall bracket.

BGjohnson
02-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Everybody should be able to come. But if you want to go for a street title, DOT tires need to be reinforced. Kinda of that " where does it end" sort of a thing. I spend $3500 last year to get to this event, then continued to modify it for next years event. Most tires will be less than $400, gotta pay to play fellas.

FWD guys should be able to run whatever tires they can to get traction with. It's not their fault they are powering the wrong wheels, ;) Full slicks on a FWD car with bias ply with actually cause less breakage, less down time for the rest of us at the track, everybody wins.

Bikes, run what ya brung. If the mustang breaks for me this year before the event I will be bringing my bike, draggin a bike is just plain fun.

SLVR7
02-12-2012, 10:46 AM
54 pages and still can't decide on rules, what a joke. Make it easy, if the car is dot legal, it can be run. This is supposed to be a street car shoot out, do you tech a car when someone pulls up beside you on the street, no you just hope you have more then them. Lots of rules are for people trying to level the playing field,aka bracket race.

AutoMods
02-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Everybody should be able to come. But if you want to go for a street title, DOT tires need to be reinforced. Kinda of that " where does it end" sort of a thing. I spend $3500 last year to get to this event, then continued to modify it for next years event. Most tires will be less than $400, gotta pay to play fellas.

FWD guys should be able to run whatever tires they can to get traction with. It's not their fault they are powering the wrong wheels, ;) Full slicks on a FWD car with bias ply with actually cause less breakage, less down time for the rest of us at the track, everybody wins.

Bikes, run what ya brung. If the mustang breaks for me this year before the event I will be bringing my bike, draggin a bike is just plain fun.

so you are saying dot tires for everyone except fwd's ? Seems like a more popular opinion is if you allow one person to run them , everyone can run them.

54 pages and still can't decide on rules, what a joke. Make it easy, if the car is dot legal, it can be run. This is supposed to be a street car shoot out, do you tech a car when someone pulls up beside you on the street, no you just hope you have more then them. Lots of rules are for people trying to level the playing field,aka bracket race.

define dot legal? do you mean any car with a license plate?

SLVR7
02-12-2012, 11:50 AM
If it would pass a troopers saftey stop it's legal.

FiFdYnUtZ
02-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Tyler, define the rules real quick.

For the manual shootout and the overall bracket.

you want me to make the rules i believe should be in place?

c_mart_28
02-12-2012, 12:39 PM
I just want you to clarify what you think the rules should be. Then we'll know your opinion on the matter and we won't have to read post after post of why one guideline or another is ridiculous and shouldn't be that way.

Just trying to eliminate the bickering and establish some guidelines. Going around and around about the same 2 or 3 rules is a waste of everyone's time.

h22apwrd94
02-12-2012, 12:58 PM

I am willing to bet half the cars going faster than high 11's, an officer would not walk away with writing a ticket.

Sir Willard Charleston
02-12-2012, 01:06 PM
shit it aint news that chekals a whiny little fuck who crys about anything that might beat him

Domestic Disturbance
02-12-2012, 01:10 PM

Actually most of the bickering is from people who shouldn't be able to win no matter how much they bend the rules. Its all in an effort to keep it fair with people who don't often compete at the track.

As far as the manual class goes, the honda's are going to need a lot more rule bending than slicks to catch up with casey and ryan. I don't really see anyone being that self centered in making their opinions. My car stands 0 chance, cause if its fast it'll get DQ'd for no cage, and if its slow then I'll lose, and if its put together by me something surely will fall off. The only cars really being disputed are 10.5 cars going quicker than 10.00.

LT1Dan
02-12-2012, 01:16 PM
shit it aint news that chekals a whiny little fuck who crys about anything that might beat him

Donjae?

Clinical
02-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Donjae?
Did Donjae get banned?

85XR7Project
02-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Charlie Scheen's return?

LT1Dan
02-12-2012, 02:47 PM
My opinion for the auto class rules (because I don't give a damn what you manual guys do):

Any tire allowed
10.00 cap. If the car has ever gone faster than than 10.00 they aren't eligible.

All below items are required
-------------------------------
Functional windows, doors, hatch (must all roll down or open)
plates and registration
no lexan
All working lights, turn signals, brake, both head lights (none removed)
passenger seat
Full exhaust (exit at least behind drivers seat)
Muffler or resonator (except on turbo cars)
Door panels
Factory Dash
Side Mirrors

Not required but you must meet 3 from the list below
---------------------------------
differential on drive wheels (open, limited slip or locker)
speedometer
functional wipers
hvac fan and vents
Brake booster
Back seats (if car came equipped with them)
pump gas in main tank (e85 is ok, separate race gas tank is ok) (hard to verify)

To be honest, I originally voted for no slicks allowed. My opinion has changed because if you were going to run someone in a money race on the street, you would run whatever tire you wanted to. In that same thought though, I wouldn't accept a money race with a known 10.5 car against my slow street car. That's why I'm neutral on slicks but for the 10.00 cap.

I also would allow for some common sense leeway within the rules as far as the equipment requirements. Such as Bizzles car, it's not gutted because it's a stripped down racecar. It's a work in progress and I don't think he should be punished because of it.

I would also be in favor of a pre-race cruise if people liked that idea. Say meet up somewhere in or near Cedar Falls. Do a predetermined 20-30 minute cruise with some city/highway driving mixed in and end up at the track. I would be willing to work on it or with someone to make that happen because I think thats a cool aspect of Hot Rods Drag Week.

Feel free to poke holes in my thinking if you see something you disagree with. Trying to get the conversation back to actual suggestions and away from bickering about the tires.

Deimos
02-12-2012, 02:48 PM
I just think I should be allowed in cuz Im slow

LT1Dan
02-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Did Donjae get banned?

I thought so.

SledgeWS6
02-12-2012, 03:37 PM

Any car that is spraying nitrous would not legally not pass this test. Nor any of us running Cat-less. Just figured I'd throw a wrench in that opinion.

FiFdYnUtZ
02-12-2012, 04:19 PM

interesting...and you must be a pussy little punk bitch who is going to hide behind a screen name due to your lack of sack...nothing really new here

Aircooled
02-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Any car that is spraying nitrous would not legally not pass this test. Nor any of us running Cat-less. Just figured I'd throw a wrench in that opinion.

I had two cops notice my nitrous bottle before, both times the gauge on it was reading 900+ and neither of them seemed to mind. Nitrous is a real crap shoot when it comes to legal matters. We have 500+ whp cars that are bone stock, if you were to go WOT passing a truck doing 40 in a 70, not exceed the speed limit, not bark the tires or get out of shape, you could still be pulled for wreckless driving, exhibition of speed, careless driving, speed contest, whatever they felt like writing you for. Nitrous is just a social no-no with the law from anything I've ever seen. If you're in the exact same situation, passing a 40mph truck in a 70 zone, 50-100 shot of nitrous, you open the bottle, don't bark the tires, don't exceed the speed limit, completely in control of the vehicle, there's nothing that I've found that says they can ticket you specifically for nitrous or the use of it on the street; chances are though you'll still get one of those same tickets I've mentioned before.

Unless you guys know something I don't and it actually is written somewhere. In which case how would the use of nitrous be any different than the use of a methanol kit on a boosted car?

FiFdYnUtZ
02-12-2012, 04:27 PM
i like the rules ryan posted for the most part, just dont agree with slicks outside the FWD cars....if there is an iffy car that wants to race, it should be discussed and voted on to avoid people bitching about it racing...

SledgeWS6
02-12-2012, 04:44 PM
i like the rules ryan posted for the most part, just dont agree with slicks outside the FWD cars....if there is an iffy car that wants to race, it should be discussed and voted on to avoid people bitching about it racing...

Basically, run whatcha brung. Everybody has the ability to purchase slicks, thus everyone should be able to use them.

FiFdYnUtZ
02-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Uh...no. that's not what I meant

Xboosted23X
02-12-2012, 07:02 PM
How strict are they with the cage and 11.5s? I think the KOTS should be run what ya brung just like the streets. As someone else said earlier you don't tech on the street. If this is a street car shootout it should be how you drive the car on the streets. If you drive with slicks on the streets you get to race with slicks.
plates and registered
insurance
working lights and turn signals
a seat and seat belts
pretty basic stuff I think for a street car.

Scott
02-12-2012, 07:04 PM
shit I drove my car to the bar with 2 full nitrous bottles, slicks, and a parachute hanging off the ass end!

Aircooled
02-12-2012, 08:39 PM
How strict are they with the cage and 11.5s? I think the KOTS should be run what ya brung just like the streets. As someone else said earlier you don't tech on the street. If this is a street car shootout it should be how you drive the car on the streets. If you drive with slicks on the streets you get to race with slicks.
plates and registered
insurance
a seat and seat belts

I just gotta know, anybody else here not trust EVO owners?

Deimos
02-12-2012, 08:40 PM
boosted is a pretty nice guy

AutoMods
02-12-2012, 08:43 PM
plates and registered
insurance
a seat and seat belts

problem is that your rules don't eliminate any cars. 3/4 of the 10.5 cars could qualify. We could have 7 second cars participating with those rules. Goes against the idea of the event. We want cars that are on the street on a normal basis, not cars that are just street legal.

JacobS
02-12-2012, 08:43 PM
most of the evo guys around here are straight shooters...its those subuaru guys you gotta worry about haha

bizzle
02-12-2012, 09:48 PM
is this for sure going to be in october? the sooner i can get the date and take vacation the better

Xboosted23X
02-12-2012, 10:06 PM
problem is that your rules don't eliminate any cars. 3/4 of the 10.5 cars could qualify. We could have 7 second cars participating with those rules. Goes against the idea of the event. We want cars that are on the street on a normal basis, not cars that are just street legal.
Well another thing I just thought about was most street cars don't have fuel cells. So stock gas tank would be a must and I still like the idea of driving to the track. I don't care if someone brings a trailer for insurance but I think a good 50 mile drive would be alright.

As for not trusting evo owners I just have a stock evo that is more setup to turn.

Ricky
02-13-2012, 08:23 AM
most of the evo guys around here are straight shooters...its those subuaru guys you gotta worry about haha

Well you dont have to worry about the WRX this year.... Its a low 13's DD thats just fun to drive. I dont want to break anything so its even de-tuned a little. I will be on the bike this year again. I just want to have fun and not worry about breaking anything. My personal goal is to get the little 600 into the 10's.

Sir Willard Charleston
02-13-2012, 09:08 AM
interesting...and you must be a pussy little punk bitch who is going to hide behind a screen name due to your lack of sack...nothing really new here
, k tough guy haaahaa your just a punk kid who trys to act like billy badass everytime ur out on 1st. everyone knows ur a fake.

better spend less time tryin to run the street racing rules and more time nutswingin the guys that build n work on ur car for u

FiFdYnUtZ
02-13-2012, 09:15 AM
Your just downright misinformed....why don't you introduce yourself?

FiFdYnUtZ
02-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Its funny I built my car from being totalled single handedly and have been the only one to do any modification as well...not sure who you think builds my car for me either...or how I'm fake? You obviously here to stir Shit up with me or your someoneal ready on the forum who doesn't have the balls to speak their mind under their name...do yourself a favor and save it, I don't have time for this Shit, I was just looking to help organize this race.

Ricky
02-13-2012, 10:22 AM
, k tough guy haaahaa your just a punk kid who trys to act like billy badass everytime ur out on 1st. everyone knows ur a fake.

better spend less time tryin to run the street racing rules and more time nutswingin the guys that build n work on ur car for u

Fifdynutz is always down to race. Be the track or street, for fun or for money. I dont know many other people that will walk the walk. I watched that car go from totalled to what it is today. everything from body work to paint to engine and power work has been done by his hand. Thats something not many people can do...

JacobS
02-13-2012, 11:35 AM

youre a wannabe

FiFdYnUtZ
02-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks Eric!...^thats funny!!

stangvortech
02-13-2012, 06:05 PM

lol

what is up with all the new guys. lol

Batwood
02-13-2012, 07:11 PM
I love the idea of the cruise. If you wanna run what you brung and can cruise the bitch around for 20-30 minutes... most things are fair game IMO.

As for Mr. Charleston.....

Many can bitch at Fiddy for his attitude, but nobody can bitch at him for not building his own car. Going from "wrecked" to "dead sexy" is a fucking chore!
Shut your mouth. :)

SledgeWS6
02-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Many can bitch at Fiddy for his attitude, but nobody can bitch at him for not building his own car. Going from "wrecked" to "dead sexy" is a fucking chore!
Shut your mouth. :)

+1. It is hard to find someone who can do both engine work and body work as well as he can. Obviously, he has the finished product to prove it. Here goes your arguement: :Flush:

I love the idea of the cruise. If you wanna run what you brung and can cruise the bitch around for 20-30 minutes... most things are fair game IMO.

I would throw insurance on my whore just for a nice cruise, haha. Not 100% about it making the 20-30 minutes, but I'd try! :biggrin:

AutoMods
02-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Dan,

Is Halowild on Oct 20th usually a busy track day? Do you guys open up track days later in the year if the weather is nice?

What are the open and close times for 9/22 an 10/20 ?

--
Thanks,
Ryan
IowaAutoForums.com

Ryan, Our Hollowild would be a good fit for your group. That day we will start around 10:00am or 11:00am and run to around 3 or 4pm. We are still working on our hours of operation for the 2012 season. We should have all that figured out by mid March and should have our final schedule posted at the same time. The best bet for that info would be keep checking our web site. We will post the final schedule as soon as we have it figured out.

Dan Driscoll
Track Manager

Cedar Falls Raceway

Ryan

boostedsohc
02-20-2012, 07:28 PM
oct 20th gives me time to finish my rust pile.
i think ryan needs to just set rules and everyone either abides by them or doesnt come. no more discussion. better then another 50 pages of people not agreeing on anything.

FiFdYnUtZ
02-20-2012, 08:09 PM
The Rules

--Length: 1/4 mile

--Tire: 26" Drag Radial (34 options--all listed below; other tire makers subject to approval)
BFG (9 sizes) 235/60R15; 275/50R15; 255/50R16; 275/40R17; 315/35R17; 275/35R18; 295/35R18; 315/30R18; 345/30R18
Nitto (8 sizes) 275/50R15; 245/50R16; 245/45R17; 275/40R17; 315/35R17; 285/35R18; 305/35R18 (II); 335/30R18
Goodyear (5 sizes) 235/60R15; 275/50R15; 255/50R16; 275/40R17; 315/35R17
Hoosier (8 sizes) 275/50R15; 255/60R16; 245/45R17; 275/40R17; 315/35R17; 335/35R17; 315/30R18; 335/30R18
M/T (4 sizes) 235/60R15; 275/50R15; 255/50R16; 275/40R17

--Suspension: Stock type, aftermarket parts OK. Front suspension must be OEM design and geometry. Rear control arms/torque arm must have stock forward mounting locations (reinforcements/battle boxes OK). No 4-link/ladder bars. Anti-hop, Ladder Links, South Side or Caltracs OK. Coilovers OK on STOCK shock location only; No aftermarket anti-roll bars (OEM OK, subject to inspection; no heim joints/spherical rod ends); Relocated Leaf Springs (inboard for clearance) OK

--Cage/chassis: Encouraged--not required. If present; Max 8.50 legal (10/12 point); No 25.x; No Funny Car Hoops; No back half/tubular frame rails; No wheelie bars or 'chutes

--Exterior: Must have ALL DOT required equipment installed and fully functional (lights, wipers, horn, etc); All body work (exception: hood) must appear visually stock, fiberglass replacements OK; No one piece/lift off front ends

--Sheet Metal: Must have OEM unmodified firewall & floors

--Glass: Must have all OEM-type glass (NO lexan/plexiglass) windows; door windows must roll up/down (no pinned regulators)

--Exhaust: Must run mufflers (bullets OK); 100% of exhaust must exit behind rear axle--NO flex pipe tails; No open cut outs/bypasses; Factory sidepipes OK (ie: Viper; Corvette; Shelby)

--Interior: Must have all factory-type interior (headliner, carpet, door panels, dash) Rear Seat Delete OK w/carpet (must have rear bulkhead). NO exposed sheet metal

--Powertrain: Internal Combustion/Compression Engine only; No restrictions

--Power adders: No restrictions

--Vehicles must be plated & insured WITH proof. No temporary plates or Insurance cards. No dealer plates. VIN must match documentation

KOTS MOTHERFUCKER

just an idea, taken from the new KOTS JR they are running...i think the tire restrictions should be modified to allow any height tire though

Deimos
02-20-2012, 08:27 PM
275/60's FTW

boostedsohc
02-20-2012, 08:29 PM
i can agree with that for the most part!

Aircooled
02-20-2012, 08:48 PM
So if I have a hatchback and the carpet is gone out of the hatch area, otherwise full interior (including rear seats), I'm out?

boostedsohc
02-20-2012, 10:05 PM
So if I have a hatchback and the carpet is gone out of the hatch area, otherwise full interior (including rear seats), I'm out?

id hope that wouldnt keep you out. those rules are from something else. and can be used as a baseline i think. there def needs to be changes to that list i think.

Stutz
02-20-2012, 11:32 PM
Hopefully its not sept. 22nd i have to be in a wedding that day

Stutz
02-20-2012, 11:40 PM
And im sure most people running drag radials will have a 28" tire

bizzle
02-21-2012, 12:21 AM
i can agree with the most part with those rules with slight bending on a car to car basis to be decided when you show

black88gt
02-21-2012, 07:13 AM
was that for a radial class? maybe add dot bias plies and exhaust exit behind the driver rather than the axle otherwise looks good to me

AutoMods
02-21-2012, 08:07 AM
I think my rear end conversion would disqualify me on those suspension rules.

However, I think we will try this year to get away with no rules on the manual ladder.

black88gt
02-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Where is andy? Sounds like this is his to lose now

black88gt
02-21-2012, 08:46 AM
and I'm thinking of the wrong swapped car I need more sleep

FiFdYnUtZ
02-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Ryan just set some damn rules or make it an invite race, everyone will never come to a conclusion....Btw that kots Jr race allows no trailers

bizzle
02-21-2012, 11:17 AM
that would be a good rule on its own ... if it cant roll in under its own power. it doesn't race. problem is des moines is a long ways if you break. so that would go back to the cruise idea. What could be a good idea i think is to have a meet in cedar rapids and maybe a meet in des moines where everybody gets together and goes for a drive. if the streetability of your car is questionable and you dont make either meet, then you dont race.

Batwood
02-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Those rules sound decent.

....must not open cutouts... :)

AutoMods
02-21-2012, 07:54 PM
I think electronic cutouts should be allowed. Because on the street, if a guy has them, he is going to open them.

slow ride
02-21-2012, 08:12 PM
It's clear that no matter which way this goes someone isn't going to be happy.

boostedsohc
02-21-2012, 08:21 PM
It's clear that no matter which way this goes someone isn't going to be happy.

ding ding.
cant please everyone. make rules. and if someones car cant pass them still let them come and test and tune. that way everyone can hang out still

Domestic Disturbance
02-21-2012, 11:45 PM
I'm showing up, race gas, probably on a trailer, no horn, probably missing most the interior, and I'm messing everyone up.

boostedsohc
02-22-2012, 07:22 AM
I'm showing up, race gas, probably on a trailer, no horn, probably missing most the interior, and I'm messing everyone up.

dude you gotta have a horn to let the other guy know when your taking off. so unfair

TheWookie
02-22-2012, 09:08 AM
SO where is the official post for this, where us not familiar with this could get the info and times etc?

AutoMods
02-22-2012, 10:30 AM
The official event layout and rules will be finalized and released probably within two weeks. We are going to finalize the details privately among the IAF promotional team. There will be a sticky thread in the events section as soon as its ready.

TheWookie
02-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Will do.... I was hoping I hadnt missed it

mustangmike45
02-22-2012, 12:33 PM
My opinion is to make the rules like a true street event. Car should be able to run slicks if needed, but has to be able to make a 20-30 cruise before any passes and have working lights, signals, and no lexan. Last year it seemed like this event was more of a "fastest street car slower than 10.50 event"

allgo
02-22-2012, 12:57 PM
This is retarded..way to many rules.since my car is black can I still race?? just wondering if there was a rule against that?

mustangmike45
02-22-2012, 01:09 PM
i agree Joe, way too many rules on this race. Kind of seems like they are saying "we want to see who is fastest but at the same time not too fast...., don't want to hurt anyones feelings" lol

On another note, how's the car coming? Did you get the 25.5 put in or u gonna roll with what you had last year?

allgo
02-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Getting the 25.5 done...the biggest thing that kills races is always to many rules period.

Lorenzoo and Eddy B and me are going to maryland the first week of may to race...stevo is a maybe.. nmra race out there and always wanted to run at buds creek..

BGjohnson
02-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Only issue I have is

"Exhaust: 100% of exhaust must exit behind rear axle"

I have dumps right before the axle.

It really doesn't matter to me, I just want max participation with people having fun. If it was a big money race, then yes rules would have to be followed to a T. But since it's for memory of somebody, we should just try to follow that list as close as possible, don't go nuts with it though.

AutoMods
02-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Getting the 25.5 done...the biggest thing that kills races is always to many rules period.

Lorenzoo and Eddy B and me are going to maryland the first week of may to race...stevo is a maybe.. nmra race out there and always wanted to run at buds creek..

There will be no rules for the manual class so your corvette will be fine. the auto ladder will have some street qualification rules

MurderedSnake
02-22-2012, 03:02 PM
There will be no rules for the manual class

So we can run a face plated transmission then?

allgo
02-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Guys isnt this race for fun? no money right? then who gives a flying fuck about the rules..I will drive my car to the track on pump gas and could care less who is trailoring theres and running race gas..

AutoMods
02-22-2012, 05:44 PM
There will be a small registration fee $20-30 which will include some promotional items like stickers and shirts for each participant. But with that registration money and sponsor money I think it will be pretty easy to achieve over $1000 in prize money and trophies. of course that pot will be divided up into multiple awards.

RevHard expressed interest and my business is going to sponsor, we haven't actually tried yet to get more sponsors yet but as soon as the date and format is finalized we can try to get some more sponsors.

The race is mainly for fun, but it won't be fun listening to Casey brag all year if he wins again.

slow ride
02-22-2012, 05:46 PM
I'd say just let most run, but if it's a stripped out tin can it's not going to be included in the rankings, etc. That way everyone can come and bullshit and have a good time. A street car shouldn't be stuff that never gets driven on the street for fun, etc. If something is way overboard and pretty much a race car then we could look at it on a case by case basis. Some cars are going to be way more street than others, but it's what we have to work with. I'd rather have a big turnout than 10 cars that fit the rules, etc.

oVa-Boost
02-22-2012, 06:07 PM
well that blows i'v got bias ply m/t et street slick type so im out and not sure if i really wanna buy radials for this event

LT1Dan
02-22-2012, 06:15 PM
well that blows i'v got bias ply m/t et street slick type so im out and not sure if i really wanna buy radials for this event

Fifdys post was just a suggestion for the rules. I think it's been pretty much decided that you can run any tire you want.

c_mart_28
02-22-2012, 08:22 PM
The race is mainly for fun, but it won't be fun listening to Casey brag all year if he wins again.
What's not fun about that?!

Newgen
02-22-2012, 09:11 PM
^ LMAO love it

Xboosted23X
02-22-2012, 09:49 PM
We will have another cr manual runoff complete w new bigger/better trophy. Scott Taylor and I started it so to speak.

Any fuel, tires, suspension, engine mods allowed.
Stock like manual transmissions.. no dogbox or faceplated trannies.

2 time trials to determine lineup of cars, redlight on time trials is acceptable, we go off of low et on slip. Then we line up low et [quickest] vs high et [slowest] You can do 2 or just one time trial if you are happy w first one. Lower et gets lane choice.

Runoff [actual race]...Redlight you lose, who gets to finish line first wins. Overall winner gets trophy, pics and video posted here. You beat each opponent and advance to next race till final race result is determined. It was decided last yr if both redlight both lose and are out.

Plan cfr for various reasons.. around late summer daytime if possible. This is for plated reg d/d street cars. Not some nhra stock/ss class racer.. you know what I mean.

I would like whoever wants to do it just say so.. I really don't care what mods you have, though might generate interest for others to come and watch. You know I'm in and what I have. If I change it let you know.

Ok Decided on date AUG 7th, SAT at CFR at approx. 2 pm gates open. Check cfr website for latest info.
TROPHY for Winner like this but says 2010 manual runoff winner and 2010 where that car is.......http://www.crownawards.com/StoreFront/ImageCompositionServlet?files=jsp/builderimages/BaseFiles/CRRCTL8.png,jsp/builderimages/ColorInsert/MYCTRGE.png,&width=200&height=345&trim=true

How bout we go back to the original rules. Just an idea. How bout a list of the classes and then rules go from there.

JustaGT
02-22-2012, 10:20 PM
^^ This. It was an event started by Rob and is in his memory.... why not have his rules stick?

AutoMods
02-22-2012, 11:19 PM
the manual ladder is pretty much no rules just like Rob's rules. Who here even has a dogbox or faceplated tranny?

c_mart_28
02-23-2012, 08:01 AM
I like it!

If some nasty low 9 second manually shifted car comes out of the woodwork, so be it!

I also like the sentiment around using Rob's original rules and letting them stand on their own.

MurderedSnake
02-23-2012, 03:17 PM
I like it!

If some nasty low 9 second manually shifted car comes out of the woodwork, so be it!

I also like the sentiment around using Rob's original rules and letting them stand on their own.

I agree, Rob did say no face plated transmissions (not that anyone has one lol)

slo4cyl
02-23-2012, 05:06 PM
How bout we go back to the original rules. Just an idea. How bout a list of the classes and then rules go from there.

+1

bizzle
03-15-2012, 02:07 AM
did any of this get finalized? dates? i know it was leaning towards hallowild, but i would like to know for sure

Caleb
04-04-2012, 09:54 PM
We need dates for this. My job requires that I need to have all requests in by the 15th of the current month for asked days off of the next month. IE April 15th for May's days off etc.

AutoMods
04-04-2012, 10:31 PM
sorry guys. It will be on Halowild Saturday Oct 20th at cfr. Rain date will be the following saturday 27th at cordova. I'll post up everything soon. Just been busy with work lately.