PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Iowa Street Car shootout, early discussions

Pages : 1 [2] 3

derek072887
12-04-2011, 05:21 PM
fuck george when you don't win you get fucking stupid with your comments....

AutoMods
12-04-2011, 05:34 PM
i miss the simplicity of this event back when it was a manual tranny shootout. true manual, street tires, exhaust. done

i'm sure we will get'er figured out though.

derek072887
12-04-2011, 05:36 PM
if you ask me just go back to the original rules... Ed got in last year due to other circumstances... which i understand... but that was last year

StreetSweeper
12-04-2011, 05:38 PM
if you ask me just go back to the original rules... Ed got in last year due to other circumstances... which i understand... but that was last year

We got to have you running the tree this year atleast!

sparkles
12-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Im organizing a golf outing now! 18 holes!! par what ya brung!!!

This seriously had me laughing my azz off. My JL Sneads are gonna walk all over you.

StreetSweeper
12-04-2011, 05:47 PM
This seriously had me laughing my azz off. My JL Sneads are gonna walk all over you.

Big Bertha is a nasty MOFO when she gets warmed up!

Scott
12-04-2011, 05:52 PM
This forum cracks me up, I have to say there needs to be a manual runoff just to honor Rob since he was the one who first started this competition.

StreetSweeper
12-04-2011, 05:56 PM
This forum cracks me up, I have to say there needs to be a manual runoff just to honor Rob since he was the one who first started this competition.

Theres definently no yellowbullet mentality here is there scotty!!

K-ville
12-04-2011, 06:16 PM
If this were the bullet this thread would he 30 pages longer of people talkin shit haha

OldSkoolRCR
12-04-2011, 06:27 PM

Hold on now Derek...Those circumstances apply to this years IAF race also, for Fiddy and I.

GT35Lude
12-04-2011, 06:28 PM
well to be honest, with my first kid on the way. my wife would kill me if i bought the parts i needed to compete. hell she wont let me buy a 200-300 tv for fucks sake. plus im still in oklahoma.

OldSkoolRCR
12-04-2011, 06:31 PM
i miss the simplicity of this event back when it was a manual tranny shootout. true manual, street tires, exhaust. done

i'm sure we will get'er figured out though.

Simpllicty is this Ryan, you got a few people bitching because Fiddy and I got to race in it, Is it my fault Casey red light? would he have beating me in the final? never know, I could have red light against Fiddy and he would have won. But I honestly could give 3 shits about racing in this race in 2012 if its that big a deal...chances are I wont.

derek072887
12-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Hold on now Derek...Those circumstances apply to this years IAF race also, for Fiddy and I.

i remember you fought sooo much last year to beable to run due to Rob saying you can... i do also recall it only being for this 2011 year.... im sure we can find that old thread if we need to.....

StreetSweeper
12-04-2011, 06:53 PM
i remember you fought sooo much last year to beable to run due to Rob saying you can... i do also recall it only being for this 2011 year.... im sure we can find that old thread if we need to.....

Derek why do you even give two shits what happens! Your not racing so STFU!!

Get your cheer leader skirt ironed up and start making your posters!

OldSkoolRCR
12-04-2011, 07:13 PM

Derek.. Trust me I could care less about racing in that race I did it in Robs honor, he was my good freind, so I see it as he wanted me to race and I won it for him, I will be there this year just as a spectator so everyone who bitched can breath easy. But with that in mind there will be 2 extreamly nasti stick cars makeing the race, stick cars that hook and go down the track.

K-ville
12-04-2011, 08:51 PM
i hope a certain black monster shows to door some ass in full street trim with a stick

AutoMods
12-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Simpllicty is this Ryan, you got a few people bitching because Fiddy and I got to race in it, Is it my fault Casey red light? would he have beating me in the final? never know, I could have red light against Fiddy and he would have won. But I honestly could give 3 shits about racing in this race in 2012 if its that big a deal...chances are I wont.

I'm willing to work through what defines a street car so we can have a good race with auto trannys allowed. just was saying it was nice how simple the manual shootout rules were. I'm sure if someone came in with a face plated manual or a completely guted manual car there would've been some bickering but those issues didn't arise locally. everyone serious just moves to auto right away.

it was agreed upon by a majority that your car would qualify to race and you did and you won. Congrats . you deserved to win. I don't understand how anyone would argue that victory. there will always be people arguing to what cars are "street cars" though. other than that people like to give you crap just for the hell of it. your not real open with your mod list so I don't really know your cars setup to even determine how street-able it is.

bizzle
12-05-2011, 12:12 PM
i do like the idea of the classes, due to the fact i was one of the ones who drove three hours to be eliminated first round, but i understand that thats just how these things work, thats drag racing. i also think that the classes wouldnt work unless alot of people show. you wouldnt want just two or four cars in a class. i think it would work to start things the way they where last year with fastest vs slowest but then continue to re-bracket so every race you went up against a car closer to your time so in theory the last round of racing would be nearly identical cars which is always fun to watch. at the same time you could still do the individual class awards/trophys. just my 2cents

btw im justin, a regular on ds new to iaf

Drifte
12-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Justin, did you have the 240?

c_mart_28
12-05-2011, 08:30 PM
i do like the idea of the classes, due to the fact i was one of the ones who drove three hours to be eliminated first round, but i understand that thats just how these things work, thats drag racing. i also think that the classes wouldnt work unless alot of people show. you wouldnt want just two or four cars in a class. i think it would work to start things the way they where last year with fastest vs slowest but then continue to re-bracket so every race you went up against a car closer to your time so in theory the last round of racing would be nearly identical cars which is always fun to watch. at the same time you could still do the individual class awards/trophys. just my 2cents

That's a cool idea.

Also, to answer for Justin, no. He has a 5.0 swapped 65ish Mustang. Super cool guy.

JustinS
12-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Also, to answer for Justin, no. He has a 5.0 swapped 65ish Mustang. Super cool guy.
I would like to see pics of this.

oif_2005
12-05-2011, 09:20 PM
I understand! Lap racing is for MORONS!!!!

apperently you never tried dirt at 120 takes alot more skill than holding the wheel straight and punching the gas. no offence to the 1/4 love hittin the strip and i know it takes more than that to do a run.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-05-2011, 09:26 PM
no one gives a shit about dirt here man, except maybe scotty...

oif_2005
12-05-2011, 09:55 PM
never said anyone cared dont care if anyone cares someone called it out that anyone can do it just stating a point

Scott
12-05-2011, 10:27 PM
I like dirt racing! LOL

Scott
12-05-2011, 10:31 PM
That's a cool idea.

1 of 2 5.0 swapped 65ish mustangs that raced last year!!

Just for the record I am NOT responsible for any unclaimed/lost/forgotten/drunk girlfriends this year!!! LOL

AutoMods
12-05-2011, 10:49 PM

good idea. does anyone know if the tracks software can do something like that automatically.

also there was a track official at cedar falls that was really helpful. Guy was older than Dan, some grey hair I think and he said he son was working the tech inspections. Anyone know his name? Dan wasn't as helpfull he kinda said we are on our own but the other guy was really helpful and told me all the different stuff their software could do for us and got the announcer to help and setup time to have a little speech for Rob.

bizzle
12-06-2011, 12:50 AM
1 of 2 5.0 swapped 65ish mustangs that raced last year!!

Just for the record I am NOT responsible for any unclaimed/lost/forgotten/drunk girlfriends this year!!! LOL

yep and i was eliminated by import evolution lol hopefully this year ill have a power adder and some gumballs... at the least ill have none of those things, but either way it'll be a good time

Batwood
12-06-2011, 04:31 PM

I kinda wanna kick you in the balls right now.
Maybe even twice.

Scott
12-06-2011, 04:48 PM
I kinda wanna kick you in the balls right now.
Maybe even twice.

Hows that go? "My sense of humor supercedes my sense of decency" If anyone can laugh itd be you cuz I got the raw end of that fiascal!! Except for the fact your foot got ran over by the 4 wheeler

Im goin to the bar lets go!

DustinsDuster
12-06-2011, 06:06 PM
if my truck's running, i would love to go. i have no idea what class it would go in, but it sounds like a fun time no matter what. if my truck's not running for whatever reason, i'll donate $50 to the cause just to hang out for the day.

AutoMods
12-06-2011, 08:45 PM
if my truck's running, i would love to go. i have no idea what class it would go in, but it sounds like a fun time no matter what. if my truck's not running for whatever reason, i'll donate $50 to the cause just to hang out for the day.

get out in the garage and get'er done. fire up the heater

DustinsDuster
12-06-2011, 09:17 PM
get out in the garage and get'er done. fire up the heater

garage is heated now- that helps a lot. most of the tunnel is back in, but i need to hammer out a piece for the very back of the tunnel because the back of the T56 sits up so high. other than that, still gotta swap cams in the engine, finish up the brake lines to rear and reassemble basically. of course, this is still a ton of work- it just makes it sound so much easier to list it like that.

Batwood
12-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Hows that go? "My sense of humor supercedes my sense of decency" If anyone can laugh itd be you cuz I got the raw end of that fiascal!! Except for the fact your foot got ran over by the 4 wheeler

Im goin to the bar lets go!

Damn, I'm a little late on the bar. But some crown sounds good right now.
Good memory. "Your sense of pride supersedes my sense of humor."
At least I can have faith in the new one. The old one needed a leash or she'd hump anything in sight! Lol.

Drifte
12-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Damn, I'm a little late on the bar. But some crown sounds good right now.
Good memory. "Your sense of pride supersedes my sense of humor."
At least I can have faith in the new one. The old one needed a leash or she'd hump anything in sight! Lol.

Who was your ex?

Batwood
12-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Ohhh... a hooker named Megan.
She was at the last street car deal.
I got reeeeeallly really drunk because I didn't have a car to race.

Can't wait for the next one!
(got my eye on you Scotty... )

Drifte
12-06-2011, 10:38 PM
megan, so was that megan ransom?

Batwood
12-06-2011, 10:38 PM
megan, so was that megan ransom?

UGH.... you did her too?!

Drifte
12-06-2011, 11:10 PM
UGH.... you did her too?!

No no, her brother was the same age as me and they both went to prairie.. I saw her at the shoot out, just didnt know who she belonged to.

Batwood
12-07-2011, 11:40 AM
No no, her brother was the same age as me and they both went to prairie.. I saw her at the shoot out, just didnt know who she belonged to.

Lol... just a stray tryin to find a warm place to sleep.

Scott
12-07-2011, 12:42 PM

Told ya it wasnt my fault!!! LOL this thread really cracks me up, like i said i will not accept any responsibility for any unclaimed property.....

Domestic Disturbance
12-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Are these QC guys thinking about coming to this at all? Or are they too fast for the rules?

boostedsohc
12-07-2011, 10:44 PM
holy hell. i just read through 30 pages of this shit. started off really good and has gone reals downhill by page 30.
i def will do everything in my power to be at the event.
my questions is. what are rules on exhaust? slicks?
i have hood exit exhaust and will not run without slicks at the track.
i still drive the car on the street when its together. so tech its a street car. registered insured all legal except exhaust.

and lets get this thread a little back on track boys. stop worrying about whos got the looser vagina

bizzle
12-07-2011, 11:10 PM
i would also like to know if slicks can be allowed this year, cause i have some, and i would love to bring them, cause putting down any kind of power on my pizza cutters is a bitch.

AutoMods
12-07-2011, 11:20 PM
a dot slick/cheater slick will work almost as good. but I know you may not want to buy them for one event but we did not make an exception to that tire rule last year. In fact cmart bought dot slicks for that reason last year despite already having full slicks.

if you have at least a mid car exhaust with electric cutout that opens the hood exit that would be considered streetable in my book.

I dont think many people would consider a full time hood exit, fender exit or open header a "street setup" . I can't imagine you wouldn't get pulled over with that.

Thats my opinion, I'm open to hear from others. I hate to eliminate any possible cars that are interested.

Domestic Disturbance
12-07-2011, 11:21 PM
There are DOT legal slicks out there (MT ET Streets). I don't even know if theres are still a 10.00 cap or not honestly. I think thats whats up for discussion.

Is there any rules laid out already that are for sure being carried over from last year?

I agree on what you said ryan. Hood exit = open header pretty much, and thats not street car IMO. But your car definitely would be cool seeing compete other than that.

boostedsohc
12-07-2011, 11:43 PM
a dot slick/cheater slick will work almost as good. but I know you may not want to buy them for one event but we did not make an exception to that tire rule last year. In fact cmart bought dot slicks for that reason last year despite already having full slicks.

if you have at least a mid car exhaust with electric cutout that opens the hood exit that would be considered streetable in my book.

I dont think many people would consider a full time hood exit, fender exit or open header a "street setup" . I can't imagine you wouldn't get pulled over with that.

Thats my opinion, I'm open to hear from others. I hate to eliminate any possible cars that are interested.

i drove it on the street quite a but last summer. drove it to work a bit and the cruise nights. passed some cops. never got pulled over. but its not that loud. at one time i was behind mamamia in his LS1 car and couldnt even hear mine. it just get super loud under load and in boost it sounds like a jet.

There are DOT legal slicks out there (MT ET Streets). I don't even know if theres are still a 10.00 cap or not honestly. I think thats whats up for discussion.

Is there any rules laid out already that are for sure being carried over from last year?

I agree on what you said ryan. Hood exit = open header pretty much, and thats not street car IMO. But your car definitely would be cool seeing compete other than that.

i have not found a set of cheater slicks that are under 26in tall. thats to big for my car. i run 24.5in slicks and there just about perfect. any taller would just slow me down. and i dont really wanna blow $400 on a set of tires i dont plan on using and that will hurt the times of the car.

i do plan on coming if im allowed to run slicks and have the exhaust. it would be awesome if that would be the first track visit for the car since it is getting redone. different bottom end setup this year. should be much quicker.

bizzle
12-07-2011, 11:45 PM
was just curious bout the slicks cause im poor and dot drag tires cost moneys ... ill be there regardless ill just be rolling up on my 215 street tires like last year

Clinical
12-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Yeah I can say that boostedsohc's car gets a ton of street time, and isn't even that loud.
I've been with him or nearby and seen him pass cops often and never had an issue.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-08-2011, 06:21 AM
Slicks will get your ass pulled over and towed on the street

boostedsohc
12-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Slicks will get your ass pulled over and towed on the street

never said anything about driving around on the street with slicks did i? the would just ruin them.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-08-2011, 06:44 AM
Then they aren't very "street car" are they?

boostedsohc
12-08-2011, 06:52 AM
Then they aren't very "street car" are they?

well i wont be running the KOTS anyways. even if i had DOT tires if i were to win. not saying that i will. someone would just bitch about something else. "oh street cars dont have hood exhaust." "oh street cars dont have a cage" thats just how things seem to go. not saying you would bitch but someone would find something to bitch about. they always do.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-08-2011, 07:05 AM
That's why we need to get the regulations set in before the race

black88gt
12-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Sounds pretty simple, he can run his full slicks in the FWD class

Sleepy
12-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Sounds pretty simple, he can run his full slicks in the FWD class

I will hopefully be racing in 2012 and I would agree to the FWD class being able to run full slicks.
The hood exhaust is a bit crazy, but I have seen others do it and dd it, so whatever rocks your boat.

If full slicks are banned I will just pick up some nice drag radials and hope for the best.

AutoMods
12-08-2011, 12:05 PM
I've looked at MT, hoosier, goodyear, mh and they don't make anything below 25" cheater slicks. I kinda hesitant but I am not opposed to letting fwd's run a full slick. anyone else ?

allgo
12-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Everone should be able to then..

black88gt
12-08-2011, 01:32 PM
This is a slippery slope once again. Im sure they make drag radials that would fit their needs.

Drifte
12-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Its a tough call. One we can vote on, or simply say no. If they dont make that size tire, its kind of a; "You made your bed (now lie in it)."

h22apwrd94
12-08-2011, 02:38 PM
The FWD class should definitely be a slick class. As far as KOTS, you are looking at "street cars" in "street trim". I would never run slicks on the street, but if I can come up with some 14x7" steelies, M&H makes a 235/60/14 bias ply that would be pretty decent and not kill my gearing. I am fine with slicks not being allowed in KOTS, but that will limit the participation of FWD vehicles in that class. Drag radials are just another way to break something for us. Slicks are sooo much easier to drive on.

AutoMods
12-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Last year there was only one big ladder. Awards were given for each class winner according to their best ET including runs during the ladder or just during test passes or qualifying. So you could get knocked out of the main ladder and still win quickest manual or quickest import award, etc.

We could possibly run two ladders but there is no way we would have enough time to run a ladder for every type of car. It may be difficult for a car to run in multiple ladders at the same time. Maybe we should just call it a quickest fwd award not quickest fwd "class" .

So different types of street cars were running in the same ladder. Problem is if a fwd with slicks knocks out a non-fwd with dot tires, someone might get mad.

Drifte
12-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Lets hear some input from some FWD regulars.

Scott
12-08-2011, 03:56 PM
From a competition stand point the FWD obviously has a huge disadvantage and slicks will help even it out.. BUUT there will still be lots of cars slower than that honda even if he runs street tires and thats unfair to them. That tire is legal in the 10.5 class though!!

Sleepy
12-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Mike stated it the best. I would like to run slicks however if others are going to be upset about it or see it as unfair they do make a decent "drag radial" that could be used.

sparkles
12-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Look at the title of the thread....

boostedsohc
12-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Look at the title of the thread....

are you implying tha street cars cant run slicks.

and slicks should be allowed in any of the classes except the KOTS.
that is my opinion anyways. i personaly will not drive 3 hours to a "race track" and not be allowed to run slicks.
ask anyone that has a fwd car that makes any decent amount of power. once you go to the track with slicks you will never go again without them. my car with the last setup was worthless untill 4th gear on street tires. 3rd gear goes to 116mph. and this year the car will be making much much more power. so slicks will be the only thing the car runs down the track on. if people are going to bitch about slicks at a TRACK. i will not be coming. i dont need to argue with people about coming. il simply drive to cordova which is half the drive.

boostedsohc
12-08-2011, 09:03 PM
This is a slippery slope once again. Im sure they make drag radials that would fit their needs.

that answer is no! yeah i can get a regular radial but they are shit. me running a full slick is the same as a rwd car running a cheater slick

il try to find the picture of my car with the 24.5in tires and show you how close it is to the bumper i have no extra room to run a bigger tire.

sparkles
12-08-2011, 09:16 PM
are you implying tha street cars cant run slicks.

and slicks should be allowed in any of the classes except the KOTS.
that is my opinion anyways. i personaly will not drive 3 hours to a "race track" and not be allowed to run slicks.
ask anyone that has a fwd car that makes any decent amount of power. once you go to the track with slicks you will never go again without them. my car with the last setup was worthless untill 4th gear on street tires. 3rd gear goes to 116mph. and this year the car will be making much much more power. so slicks will be the only thing the car runs down the track on. if people are going to bitch about slicks at a TRACK. i will not be coming. i dont need to argue with people about coming. il simply drive to cordova which is half the drive.

I'm well aware of what slicks are like on a track, both RWD and FWD, thanks.

that answer is no! yeah i can get a regular radial but they are shit. me running a full slick is the same as a rwd car running a cheater slick

il try to find the picture of my car with the 24.5in tires and show you how close it is to the bumper i have no extra room to run a bigger tire.

I believe your complaint has already been addressed. We're sorry you chose a car with bad traction issues.

Is this going to be an "Iowa Street Car Shootout" or a "Everyone on this forum bring whateverthefuck you want and we'll try to fit you into a class and bend the rules for you to get you to come Shootout"? As far as I'm concerned, (and I'm not alone) the 10.5 thing can be left out as well. There's already half a dozen events for that one category through the year anyway.

boostedsohc
12-08-2011, 09:25 PM
well easy enough il just probably not come then.
i thought this event was to get a lot of guys together to have some fun running there cars? not someone bitching about shit that is ultimately leading to guys not wanting to come.
sorry my street car needs slicks to be fast. its just a rusty ass honda nothing cool like your car.(and i dont even know what your car is)

il gladly go to cordova and save money to run my slicks rather then deal with babies like yourself and drive 3 hours to cedar falls

AutoMods
12-08-2011, 09:37 PM
but it would be sooooo fun to see a 10 second honda get beat but a high 11 second car. Independent studies show there is a 25% chance of bogging, 25% chance of breaking something , 25% chance of blowing the tires off, 20% chance of a high rpm misshift. Add it up, 95% chance its a bad bass.

sparkles
12-08-2011, 09:45 PM
The rules need to be what the rules need to be, so quit bitching about it. It's life. I can't apply for the Latino College fund. You don't see me crying about it.

boostedsohc
12-08-2011, 09:49 PM
but it would be sooooo fun to see a 10 second honda get beat but a high 11 second car. Independent studies show there is a 25% chance of bogging, 25% chance of breaking something , 25% chance of blowing the tires off, 20% chance of a high rpm misshift. Add it up, 95% chance its a bad bass.

never heard of that study. its pretty accurate id have to say.
its almost impossible to get a perfect run. theres a lot going on in a higher whp FWD car. getting the damn thing off the line is 80% of the race tho. after that its just slamming gears.

boostedsohc
12-08-2011, 09:50 PM
The rules need to be what the rules need to be, so quit bitching about it. It's life. I can't apply for the Latino College fund. You don't see me crying about it.

so what are the rules?

AutoMods
12-08-2011, 10:11 PM
we haven't decided on the official 2012 event rules and classes or prizes. but 2011 is a guide. here is the 2011 rules

2011 Iowa Street Car Shootout
Organized by Members of IowaAutoForums.com and Dragsource.net

Saturday, June 18, 2011
Gates open @ 1pm
Racing begins @ 2pm
Racing is scheduled to end at 6. Arrangements have been made with track management for gates to stay open if needed to complete the competition.
Our shootout will have its own two lanes keep your timeslips and come back to the pits and give us your times so we can write it down.

Cedar Falls Raceway
6200 W. Bennington Rd.
Cedar Falls, IA 50647
http://www.cedarfallsraceway.com/

REQUIREMENTS:
Cars, Trucks ans SUV's, no bikes!
DOT approved tires (DOT Bias-ply allowed)
Manual and automatic equipped cars.
Any combination of power adders.
10.00 ET and slower cars. Car must have never made a 9.99 or faster pass in its history!
Must be a member of http://www.IowaAutoForums.com (http://www.iowaautoforums.com/) and/or http://www.Dragsource.net (http://www.dragsource.net/)

Bracketed field consisting of any make/model/power adder combo out there! Competitors will complete 1-2 passes prior to the bracketed racing. Field will be paired with the 2 fastest cars going on opposite ends of the field. Fastest ET cars race against slowest ET cars. May the fastest car win!

PRIZES for:
Quickest overall car (Trophy, $100 prize money and a 1 hour dyno certificate at Wrenches)
Quickest Import/Sport Compact (Trophy, 1 hour Wrenches dyno cert, $50 ImportEvolution.com gift cert)
Quickest Manually shifted car (Trophy, purse)
Closest competitor average to 12.00 (Trophy)
Closest competitor average to 11.00 (Trophy)
Slowest competitor average! (Trophy)
Shirts and stickers will likely be made and given out

Prizes and Purses will be announced closer to the event once fund raising and sponsor list has been completed.

Standard admission to the track will be required, but there will be NO ADDITIONAL ENTRY FEE.

Business Sponsors so far are
ImportEvolution.com
Moore Tuning, Chris Moore or MooreTuning.com
Wrenches, WrenchesDesMoines.com

For questions or comment contact
Casey 'c_mart_28'
Rob 69gt4speed
Ryan 'ImportEvolution' Ryan@ImportEvolution.com

Entry Form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dEpQcUg4dVB6M01QelNUbF9NT3NOUFE6MQ#gid=0

View All Entries https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArYYxsUnbtzNdEpQcUg4dVB6M01QelNUbF9NT3NOU FE&hl=en

boostedsohc
12-08-2011, 10:17 PM
im not going to ask for the rules to be changed just for me. but unfortunately i wont be coming if slicks arent allowed.

derek072887
12-08-2011, 10:24 PM
can't he come and run and just not compete?

AutoMods
12-08-2011, 10:32 PM
can't he come and run and just not compete?

yea , its like a big gathering, the more the merrier. Any car can come and do test and tune passes, they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

derek072887
12-08-2011, 10:47 PM
just wanted to make sure noone would get scared away just cause they can't compete in a class

h22apwrd94
12-08-2011, 11:19 PM
So, am I understanding this correctly? Am I basically hearing that there is some fear of a fwd 4cylinder running the gauntlet? All because he would be running slicks? At that point I have no problems if I am going to be lining up against a rwd competitor, that if they wanted to throw a slick on it instead of a DOT, that they could do it for the pass against me. Level playing field. Maybe I am in the minority here, but I just want to be able to get out and race. If I can't compete in this, I guess it isn't a big deal, but it will possibly keep away some other competitors. I think there are a few all motor Preludes that may want to come and play as well. I know of 1 or 2 other FWD street cars that would make the trip from Des Moines to come up and support a local event. Hope we can work something out to make this event enjoyable and competitive for all parties involved.

bizzle
12-08-2011, 11:42 PM
the nice thing is tho. they arent favoring any class... no one can run slicks for the street car shootout , hell, i have slicks, i would love to run them. but i cant it doesnt bother me because no one else can. if a front wheel drive car could then i could argue " i should be able to run slicks cause i have a slow ass car and it wouldnt matter" it would create a whole shitstorm of people trying to argue their way into running slicks. cut and dry. its easy that way.

Stutz
12-09-2011, 12:41 AM
It seems pretty simple no slicks in the kots class but you can in the fwd class

Domestic Disturbance
12-09-2011, 01:32 AM
yea , its like a big gathering, the more the merrier. Any car can come and do test and tune passes, they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Bout to start calling you Abe

well i wont be running the KOTS anyways. even if i had DOT tires if i were to win. not saying that i will. someone would just bitch about something else. "oh street cars dont have hood exhaust." "oh street cars dont have a cage" thats just how things seem to go. not saying you would bitch but someone would find something to bitch about. they always do.

100% truth. I'm guilty of it

the nice thing is tho. they arent favoring any class... no one can run slicks for the street car shootout , hell, i have slicks, i would love to run them. but i cant it doesnt bother me because no one else can. if a front wheel drive car could then i could argue " i should be able to run slicks cause i have a slow ass car and it wouldnt matter" it would create a whole shitstorm of people trying to argue their way into running slicks. cut and dry. its easy that way.

Exactly. No one here wants to exclude the FWD guys. What those cars accomplish is awesome, but bending the rules to compensate for handicaps inherent with the vehicle chosen isn't fair. Every route has its positives and negatives. Its in the same boat as giving lenghts IMO. People do it for special cases to make the competition more fair, but doesn't really have a place in a heads up event. Thats my 2 cents

Clinical
12-09-2011, 03:21 AM
Honestly I can't imagine many fast FWD's ever being interested in the FWD class if they can't use their slicks.
If no slicks for FWD class, then it's just rewarding the 13 second and slower FWD's. Boostedsohc's car and our friends car at 280-300whp spun both Nitto and BFG DR's through 2nd gear and sometimes into 3rd. Boostedsohc's car will likely next year even have trouble putting the power done through his slicks.

c_mart_28
12-09-2011, 07:36 AM
My input:

Let the fwd guys run slicks. I'm willing to compromise to make this a more competative and memorable event.

86svo9L
12-09-2011, 07:49 AM
It is a tough choice and I am all for a good time. But the reality of it is that it is a class called King of the Street and if they don't have the heart to run their car how it is than maybe they should have built a different car. Seems pretty plain and simple.

slo4cyl
12-09-2011, 07:58 AM
It is a tough choice and I am all for a good time. But the reality of it is that it is a class called King of the Street and if they don't have the heart to run their car how it is than maybe they should have built a different car. Seems pretty plain and simple.

I believe they were talking about in the fwd class not kots, I could be wrong though

allgo
12-09-2011, 07:59 AM
So, am I understanding this correctly? Am I basically hearing that there is some fear of a fwd 4cylinder running the gauntlet? All because he would be running slicks? At that point I have no problems if I am going to be lining up against a rwd competitor, that if they wanted to throw a slick on it instead of a DOT, that they could do it for the pass against me. Level playing field. Maybe I am in the minority here, but I just want to be able to get out and race. If I can't compete in this, I guess it isn't a big deal, but it will possibly keep away some other competitors. I think there are a few all motor Preludes that may want to come and play as well. I know of 1 or 2 other FWD street cars that would make the trip from Des Moines to come up and support a local event. Hope we can work something out to make this event enjoyable and competitive for all parties involved.

Yeah we are all so scared Im thinking of not even coming...you dont go to a nmra race and say hey I the stupid one can you change the rules for me so I can run in this class..I ll drag anyone of those fwd cars with my fully loaded street car..stick by the rules or dont play simple as that..

86svo9L
12-09-2011, 08:04 AM
I believe they were talking about in the fwd class not kots, I could be wrong though

If thats the case I have no issues.

h22apwrd94
12-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Yeah we are all so scared Im thinking of not even coming...you dont go to a nmra race and say hey I the stupid one can you change the rules for me so I can run in this class..I ll drag anyone of those fwd cars with my fully loaded street car..stick by the rules or dont play simple as that..

Pretty sure NMRA has a variance of classes as well. Or do they run the all motor street tire cars with the 72mm/slick cars. I have no problem not being included in the KOTS competition if I am running slicks. I just want to have a good time and race. And never said I wanted the rules changed, just asking what the rules are. The list included a FWD class, so I asked what the rules are for it. Running anything other than slicks on my car at the track is completely pointless, and I understand your POV on the situation. And last time I checked, other than A/C, my car still has all the amenities, even a booster seat for my 5 year old.

allgo
12-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Rules state no slicks in KOTs.. the other guy on here is asking to run them when it says no slicks, pretty simple tasks at hand here, when you where little didnt your parents teach you that no means no..lol

h22apwrd94
12-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Yeah, but it was usually for something I really wanted...LOL I completely understand the KOTS rules. I am not in argument of those. For that class, run your car how you drove it to the event. Shit, it is even motivating me to get a wheel/tire combo to try and run in that. With my boost by gear/speed variable boost control, I should be able to make it work. Will it be as fast, hell no, probably .5-1.0 slower, but still be nice to run an 11 on a DOT. I currently have a 225 BFG DR on there, and they are a few years old, but the car blows right through them 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and anything over about 7K in 4th

Clinical
12-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Rules state no slicks in KOTs.. the other guy on here is asking to run them when it says no slicks, pretty simple tasks at hand here, when you where little didnt your parents teach you that no means no..lol
If you're talking about boostedsohc, you realize he's asking about FWD Class right?
And the rules aren't finalized yet as Ryan said, which is why the discussion is perfectly legitimate.

allgo
12-09-2011, 10:15 AM
I thought he still was complaining about kots..my bad, he can run tractor tires for all I care in the fwd class..

AutoMods
12-09-2011, 10:17 AM
I'll remind you that their won't be a dedicated fwd ladder, there isn't enough of them or enough time. But there will be a fwd award for quickest ET. The fwd's will be running with other street cars in a bigger ladder.

Probably two big ladders, we haven't decided yet what the two ladders could be. We could do a manual ladder and an auto ladder.

bizzle
12-09-2011, 10:19 AM
still thinking about re bracketing after each round or is that a no its too much of a pain in the ass

h22apwrd94
12-09-2011, 10:30 AM
I'll remind you that their won't be a dedicated fwd ladder, there isn't enough of them or enough time. But there will be a fwd award for quickest ET. The fwd's will be running with other street cars in a bigger ladder.

Probably two big ladders, we haven't decided yet what the two ladders could be. We could do a manual ladder and an auto ladder.

What is with separating the autos and manuals? Sorry, I know you had an award for quickest stick, but I guess I am unsure as the reason for separation.

allgo
12-09-2011, 10:32 AM
still thinking about re bracketing after each round or is that a no its too much of a pain in the ass

Why, it should go off how you qaulify...so the 2 fastest meet at the end not second round..

black88gt
12-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Does the FWD class have any rules even? Let them compete w/ slicks against other FWD w/ slicks. FWD guys get your other FWD cars to show and you guys can flesh out that class.

APPLES355
12-09-2011, 10:48 AM
I know we have the award for the fastest stick car, but the intention of this race when rob started it was to have manual against manual where the fastest car might not win. It was intended to be a drivers race without the ease of an automatic. granted you could miss a gear in an auto, but its less frequent! Not to be an ass, but if you were to take the stick only event away the shootout wouldnt mean what it does to me and i would prefer to keep what rob started.

Now if a stick car wants to run an automatic i am pretty sure there will be time in the day to do that. hell some of the stick cars might want to run in another class besides the stick event.

bizzle
12-09-2011, 10:50 AM

good idea. does anyone know if the tracks software can do something like that automatically.

also there was a track official at cedar falls that was really helpful. Guy was older than Dan, some grey hair I think and he said he son was working the tech inspections. Anyone know his name? Dan wasn't as helpfull he kinda said we are on our own but the other guy was really helpful and told me all the different stuff their software could do for us and got the announcer to help and setup time to have a little speech for Rob.

this would be nice, i think it would make for some good spectating and people wouldnt drive 3hours and waste tons of money for one pass. i also think it would be more competitive and everyones times would drop cause you would have more chances to get a good pass in and errbody would have more fun

AutoMods
12-09-2011, 11:03 AM
I know we have the award for the fastest stick car, but the intention of this race when rob started it was to have manual against manual where the fastest car might not win. It was intended to be a drivers race without the ease of an automatic. granted you could miss a gear in an auto, but its less frequent! Not to be an ass, but if you were to take the stick only event away the shootout wouldnt mean what it does to me and i would prefer to keep what rob started.

Now if a stick car wants to run an automatic i am pretty sure there will be time in the day to do that. hell some of the stick cars might want to run in another class besides the stick event.

^ Pretty much what he said. This forum shootout started off as an event for manual tranny street cars that Rob Palmer created. Here is 2010 which was actually the 2nd year
http://iowaautoforums.com/showthread.php?11523-Manual-runoff-2010&highlight=manual

Actually last year was the first time autos were allowed. So we will continue to have a big emphasis on manual trannys as far as good awards and we have a nice trophy that is being passed to the new quickest manual each year.

AutoMods
12-09-2011, 11:16 AM
These trophies are to be passed on to the new winners each year

Manual Winner
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k65/bgjohnson/2011-06-11_17-33-09_922.jpg

Biggest break
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k65/bgjohnson/biggestblowup.jpg

Quickest Import
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k65/bgjohnson/fastestimport.jpg

1st Place Overall Ladder
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k65/bgjohnson/1stplacetrophy.jpg

AutoMods
12-09-2011, 11:55 AM
actually I'm not sure about Ed's overall trophy if that was to be passed on.

boostedsohc
12-09-2011, 01:26 PM
So if slicks aren't allowed at all for us fwd cars that sucks. Should just be call the KOTS event.
You say we can't have a class because there's not enough of us. Maybe that's cause the real fwd cars stay at home cause we can't use slicks. Then your stuck with the 13-14 sec hondas that everyone just laughs at (ricers as we call them)
I'm sure I can get 4or 5 dudes to come but don't count on that if they cant run slicks

Drifte
12-09-2011, 01:38 PM
So if slicks aren't allowed at all for us fwd cars that sucks. Should just be call the KOTS event.
You say we can't have a class because there's not enough of us. Maybe that's cause the real fwd cars stay at home cause we can't use slicks. Then your stuck with the 13-14 sec hondas that everyone just laughs at (ricers as we call them)
I'm sure I can get 4or 5 dudes to come but don't count on that if they cant run slicks

I'd imagine if there was enough fwd cars that ran, they could have their own class. But it wouldnt be placed with KOTS, or street car shoot out. It would have to be a fwd class on its own. Not to say it couldnt be a big part of the event. I first saw some fast Hondas at Import Blowout in MO, and it was a lot of fun to watch a fast fwd go. Id prefer some people ran slicks and layed some rubber down. But it is called the "Street car shootout." See how many people you can get to join this event. I'll be working on a flyer in not to long for handing out to sponsors/hung in parts stores and it can be posted on jdmcity, dragsource, etc.

h22apwrd94
12-09-2011, 02:21 PM

Cool, that is completely understandable. I was wondering if there was a reason for it, and you just answered my question.

h22apwrd94
12-09-2011, 02:32 PM
I'd imagine if there was enough fwd cars that ran, they could have their own class. But it wouldnt be placed with KOTS, or street car shoot out. It would have to be a fwd class on its own. Not to say it couldnt be a big part of the event. I first saw some fast Hondas at Import Blowout in MO, and it was a lot of fun to watch a fast fwd go. Id prefer some people ran slicks and layed some rubber down. But it is called the "Street car shootout." See how many people you can get to join this event. I'll be working on a flyer in not to long for handing out to sponsors/hung in parts stores and it can be posted on jdmcity, dragsource, etc.

Make sure to get some to Sean Westrum at Central Imports in Des Moines. Probably the current largest point of exposure here in Des Moines.

sparkles
12-10-2011, 12:54 PM

I believe it should. Probably should ask Chris.

c_mart_28
12-10-2011, 02:05 PM
I believe it should. Probably should ask Chris.

The only trophy that was specifically mentioned as an "annual" trophy was the fastest manual trophy that is sitting in my garage. As the date gets closer and details all ironed out, I'll get a plaque of sorts to put on it to recognize the past years winners.

Now if Ed wants to offer up his trophy to be part of the annual event than I'm certain it'd be more than welcome. That thing is awesome.

AutoMods
12-11-2011, 06:12 PM
so what do you guys think about one auto ladder and one manual ladder?

the manual ladder would require very little rules since most manuals are built to be street cars and we haven't seen any dedicated drag manuals around here.

the auto ladder rules would be up in the air for whatever you guys decide, although some rules should still be set to sift out non-street cars. the index time could be changed or left at 10.0

i think we should require a street drive either the day of the event or we could have a dedicated street cruise on a separate day to qualify.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-11-2011, 06:27 PM
this thing is all over the place lol...regardless, its probably likely ed, george, and i will end up renting the track out for an event of some sort next year..

OldSkoolRCR
12-11-2011, 08:14 PM

Well are we allowing Ed to race in this event this year?

Domestic Disturbance
12-11-2011, 11:41 PM
so what do you guys think about one auto ladder and one manual ladder?

the manual ladder would require very little rules since most manuals are built to be street cars and we haven't seen any dedicated drag manuals around here.

That would definitely help the import guys get it. Sweet. And the heads up manual racing is really what started it. I love the idea.

TbTalon94
12-12-2011, 06:24 AM
Yea seriously not going to read through 37 pages of rediculousness to figure out what's going on. Be nice if we had some moderators here to keep things ON topic......

FiFdYnUtZ
12-12-2011, 06:34 AM
Can you make a post anymore without BITCHING about something?

black88gt
12-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Yea seriously not going to read through 37 pages of rediculousness to figure out what's going on. Be nice if we had some moderators here to keep things ON topic......

You could not read it and just wait until everything is ironed out, and read one neat tidy easy to read post.

IIRC this thread was intended for discussion and discussions can take a while.

AutoMods
12-12-2011, 08:01 AM

change your profile to show more posts per page ;), I'm only at 10 pages.

Drifte
12-12-2011, 09:09 AM

Ridiculousness.

TbTalon94
12-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Can you make a post anymore without BITCHING about something?

Can you make a post that's worth something to this forum and not just saying "get a lane"..blah blah

Drifte
12-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Maybe you guys should wrastle it out. IAF RUMBLE?!

c_mart_28
12-12-2011, 10:19 AM
There was a reason that before last year's we had a clearly defined, pre-set arrangment as to how it would all work prior to making it public.

We still had a bunch of arguements of course but, at the end of the day, we stuck pretty close to the original gameplan.

sparkles
12-12-2011, 10:31 AM
This is the reason I haven't been saying much lately. There's so much being thrown around that I'm just totally confused now on the details. I think we need to regroup and get the classes back on paper with the new suggested rules.

AutoMods
12-12-2011, 11:05 AM
i'll probably make a proposal soon, and see what you guys think

TbTalon94
12-12-2011, 12:19 PM
This is the reason I haven't been saying much lately. There's so much being thrown around that I'm just totally confused now on the details. I think we need to regroup and get the classes back on paper with the new suggested rules.

Which is exactly what I meant by my post. Glad some caught it lol

AutoMods
12-12-2011, 01:33 PM
everyone please submit your vote for tires allowed. thread is in the events section http://iowaautoforums.com/showthread.php?14033

FiFdYnUtZ
12-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Lol good one! Someone get this guy a smokers coat and some loafers...he is farrrr too cool for us

OldSkoolRCR
12-12-2011, 03:11 PM
well are we allowing ed to race in this event this year?

well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drifte
12-12-2011, 03:14 PM
We have a bracket just for Ed. Called "Special Ed" No rules. Hustling required.

But really I assumed you were running this year, since there is an auto ladder.

OldSkoolRCR
12-12-2011, 03:22 PM
No Im talking about the IAF manual shoot out.

K-ville
12-12-2011, 05:07 PM
talked to eddyvillles track managers son who im friends with. They are willing to work with us on a forums day shootout or whatever the hell you want to call it... who ever is intreasted and kinda doing the planning let me know and i can get you setup with these guys and see if it would intrest you all.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-12-2011, 06:00 PM
$$$$$??

K-ville
12-12-2011, 06:02 PM
didnt get down to a number but i bet it would be alot cheaper than most. let me see if i can get an idea out of him

FiFdYnUtZ
12-12-2011, 06:05 PM
in my humble opinion it would need to be pretty cheap for me to drive twice as far for half the track..

K-ville
12-12-2011, 06:06 PM
yeah i figured it would need to be cheap since its only a 1/8th but just thought id throw it out there...

K-ville
12-12-2011, 06:33 PM
okay if we add whatever this is to a already existing event it wont cost anything to have to race just a normal entry fee which im not sure what normal would be...but they would be happy to work with us on anything you guys are thinking someone give me a cell and name and ill pass your info on to the track manager he thinks this sounds kool

c_mart_28
12-12-2011, 08:52 PM
How about that...be a bit of a drive for everyone!

I like it :)

sparkles
12-12-2011, 08:58 PM
I actually like that idea. That's more halfway for everyone. I'm sure it won't happen though.

AutoMods
12-12-2011, 10:12 PM
biggest issue is its only 1/8 mile . good for people like cmart that launch good. bad for hondas. about the same distance to cfr , 80-90 minutes for me

h22apwrd94
12-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Man, a street tire event at the 1/8 mile. At this point, not even worth it. Anybody check in to Earlville?

AutoMods
12-12-2011, 10:16 PM
I like cordova, nice track, all paved pit area, lower elevation

sparkles
12-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Well, for us DM boys Eddyville is about 70 minutes. Cedar Falls is 3 hours. Cedar Rapids to Eddyville is 2 hours.

h22apwrd94
12-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I would go to Earlville, Cedar Falls or Cordova. Drive the car the whole way there, bolt on some slicks, run some times, and drive it the whole way home. Who needs a trailer.

bizzle
12-12-2011, 11:43 PM
eddyville would be super. i loved running the quarter this year but the drive was a bitch

Stutz
12-13-2011, 12:31 AM
I like eddyville but i can see why people wouldnt want to go for half the track

K-ville
12-13-2011, 04:50 AM
Eddyville is willing to set this up at no charge and run it however we want to... All im sayin

TbTalon94
12-13-2011, 06:15 AM
No Im talking about the IAF manual shoot out.

If you throw a 6-speed manual in the silver or black car, don't see why you couldn't run in the MANUAL shoot out. It's not "manual and/or valve body" shootout.

JustaGT
12-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Eddyville is willing to set this up at no charge and run it however we want to... All im sayin

Did you talk to Kyle or Gerald down there? I was going to give Kyle a call and ask him also but it looks like youve got it covered on info for eddyville

Drifte
12-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Maybe we could do a fun day at eddyville? 1/8 mile is just not appealing to me.

AutoMods
12-13-2011, 08:36 AM

do you mean eddyville is willing to give us a private track day at no charge? because cfr will also set it up for free on a public test and tune day

K-ville
12-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Give me a number you can talk to them and get a better idea what to do... And 1/8 mile is the hard part the rest is just hard on shit.

AutoMods
12-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Give me a number you can talk to them and get a better idea what to do... And 1/8 mile is the hard part the rest is just hard on shit.

I don't want to waste his time if we aren't interested in running the 1/8th

Clinical
12-13-2011, 11:34 AM
I like cordova, nice track, all paved pit area, lower elevation
Cordova would be awesome, I love it there.

bizzle
12-13-2011, 11:40 AM
hell cordova is another hour away for the desmoines people

allgo
12-13-2011, 01:46 PM
I dont think having a 1/8th race is a good idea..If I am going to race in the manual race there is no way I am going to do it 1/8th mile..

Ricky
12-13-2011, 03:05 PM
the 1/8 would be boring. I plan on taking my bike to this day again since the WRX is pointless to run at the track. I would still be fighting the 1st and 2nd gear wheelie by the 1/8. I want the 1/4 so i have a reason to go that fast :)

K-ville
12-13-2011, 03:06 PM
just offering it up nevermind. back to 1/4 and no one being willing to pay to to do it haha

JustaGT
12-13-2011, 04:23 PM
the 1/8 would be boring. I plan on taking my bike to this day again since the WRX is pointless to run at the track. I would still be fighting the 1st and 2nd gear wheelie by the 1/8. I want the 1/4 so i have a reason to go that fast :)

This. last time i had the bike at eddyville i was finally able to lay in it just before the 1/8th

K-ville
12-13-2011, 06:28 PM

suprised you have that much troublewith a 600............

boostedsohc
12-13-2011, 06:35 PM
hell cordova is another hour away for the desmoines people

cant make everyone happy man!
i would most def come to cordova for just testing if i am not allowed to run slicks. that way i would be able to come meet some of you fucks ;)

and as far as rules and regulations i think ryan just needs to get shit done. your not going to please everyone. just you decide and tell everyone to fuck off if they dont like it. that way no one is bitching anymore? we are all never going to agree on everything. someone in the end will be pissed. but they will get over it

sparkles
12-13-2011, 06:50 PM

Especially you!

boostedsohc
12-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Especially you!

hey joe dirt go get in your "bird" and fly away. preferable somewhere without internet

sparkles
12-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Soon as you do the same. I'm tired of hearing the same BS from you. We get it. You want to run slicks. You can stop now.

BTW, how did you know what I was for Halloween?

K-ville
12-13-2011, 06:55 PM
i would most def come to cordova for just testing if i am not allowed to run slicks. that way i would be able to come meet some of you fucks ;)

and as far as rules and regulations i think ryan just needs to get shit done. your not going to please everyone. just you decide and tell everyone to fuck off if they dont like it. that way no one is bitching anymore? we are all never going to agree on everything. someone in the end will be pissed. but they will get over it

well hell lets just do it in cali then! might as well get a good vacation out of the deal and who cares about how many cars cant make it due to the distance haha j/k

boostedsohc
12-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Soon as you do the same. I'm tired of hearing the same BS from you. We get it. You want to run slicks. You can stop now.

BTW, how did you know what I was for Halloween?

joe dirt wouldnt own a car newer then 95 thats why.
and my BS? your just so worried about my BS arent you? sorry im the highlight of your nights :)

boostedsohc
12-13-2011, 07:01 PM
well hell lets just do it in cali then! might as well get a good vacation out of the deal and who cares about how many cars cant make it due to the distance haha j/k

im sure it will be too far for someone "cough sparkles cough"

eddyville is 100 miles from me
cordova is 99 miles exactly from me
CFR is 180ish miles away
but il never be happy ;)

sparkles
12-13-2011, 07:43 PM
joe dirt wouldnt own a car newer then 95 thats why.
and my BS? your just so worried about my BS arent you? sorry im the highlight of your nights :)
Perhaps it's that you keep bitching about the same shit 5 different ways. Gets old. You don't like the criticism? Then shut the fuck up. We got your point.

im sure it will be too far for someone "cough sparkles cough"
Awe...am I your new favorite? You're right. Anything farther than E9th right here in front of my house is too far. Hope you can make the trip.

eddyville is 100 miles from me
cordova is 99 miles exactly from me
CFR is 180ish miles away

You gonna drive it with the slicks on all that way?

but il never be happy ;)

You're so witty. Don't know how I could compete. Pat yourself on the back there chief.

boostedsohc
12-13-2011, 07:54 PM
You gonna drive it with the slicks on all that way?

and honestly what if i drove all the way on slicks? wtf would you say? "oh there still not DOT" or some other smartass comment
icwicked on here used to drive around with slicks all the damn time.

sparkles
12-13-2011, 08:13 PM
I'd say let him run em actually. Hence the question.

Myself, I wouldn't even drive my car all the way up there with my ET Streets on it. I'm too much of a pussy.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-13-2011, 08:40 PM
yeah, not saying i wouldnt drive a car on the street with slicks, but its a stupid idea..

boostedsohc
12-13-2011, 08:49 PM
yeah, not saying i wouldnt drive a car on the street with slicks, but its a stupid idea..

i agree its not a good idea. but it gets done. and im sure it wouldnt be the only illegal thing on most of our cars. luckily iowa doesnt have inspection cause im sure a good portion of our cars would not pass a DOT inspection.

86svo9L
12-13-2011, 08:50 PM
i agree its not a good idea. but it gets done. and im sure it wouldnt be the only illegal thing on most of our cars. luckily iowa doesnt have inspection cause im sure a good portion of our cars would not pass a DOT inspection.

If only I had kept my catalytic converters :(. Smog police be hatin.

sparkles
12-13-2011, 08:57 PM

QFT.

Part of wishes we did have them. Get a lot of dangerous cars off the road. There's a lot of idiots that neglect obvious things. Like this wonderful "squeaking sound" I fixed for a friend of my mom's. Wonder's why she had to take a ditch to slow down.
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk276/ericksonb06/BrakeRotor.jpg

boostedsohc
12-13-2011, 08:59 PM
QFT.

?

sparkles
12-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Quoted For Truth?

boostedsohc
12-13-2011, 09:02 PM
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk276/ericksonb06/BrakeRotor.jpg

holy fuck i didnt see the picture at first.
i imagine that was one hell of a squeak

LT1Dan
12-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Quoted For Truth?

Sparkles is lying, it means Quit Fucking Talking.

Jk lol I know someone who thought thats what it meant though. Haha

Deimos
12-13-2011, 09:11 PM

You're an asshole you know that...

Hey Sparkles if I had a nickel for everytime I saw a hooptie with brakes like that I would be a rich mofo.

LT1Dan
12-13-2011, 09:14 PM
You're an asshole you know that...

Hahahaha what makes you say that? I mean I'm definitely an asshole but you don't have to tell everyone.

BTW: Boosted, that wasn't a shot at you or anything. I really do know someone who thought that and I think of it whenever I see QFT.

boostedsohc
12-13-2011, 09:15 PM

haha thats what i was thinking.
maybe me and sparkles are over being dick heads to each other! for now anyways.

Deimos
12-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Dustin said that too me a while back and I though hey meant quit fucking talking. Then I found out the meaning and the rest is history.

LT1Dan
12-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Dustin said that too me a while back and I though hey meant quit fucking talking. Then I found out the meaning and the rest is history.

Haha I wasnt even talking about you. I guess that means I know two people that used to think that.

Deimos
12-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Your just mad cuz your car is camaro.

slo4cyl
12-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Your just mad cuz your car is camaro.

QFT

I just figured out the other meaning also

Domestic Disturbance
12-14-2011, 02:10 AM
I still like to imagine it means quit fucking talking. Maybe we could make it QFT^2... eh, thats gay. I'll just QFT^2 now

sparkles
01-05-2012, 04:36 PM
So what's the new word on this? Haven't heard a peep from Ryan lately.

AutoMods
01-05-2012, 08:33 PM
i got worn out. still planning on assembling a format based on everyone's input. so i'll post something up in a week or two and we can go at it round 2. most likely everyone will be happy and in agreement 100% and it will be a go. ya right

Deimos
01-06-2012, 05:25 AM
just do a manual shoot off with manuals and let everyone else TNT or make their own classes so no one is offended/ Let fifdy handle the KOTS.

slo4cyl
01-08-2012, 08:25 PM
just do a manual shoot off with manuals and let everyone else TNT or make their own classes so no one is offended/ Let fifdy handle the KOTS.

seems easy enough

bizzle
01-26-2012, 08:36 AM
so anyways... has anyone been looking at a date for this?

AutoMods
02-01-2012, 02:24 PM
I just got off the phone with Cedar Falls Raceway. They said September 22nd will be a good day to make the event. And we can use the last track day (Oct 20th Hallowild) as the rain date. Should be cooler temps than our last two shootouts. 2011 was on June 18th and it was upper 80's. 2010 was on August 7th and it was over 90 degrees that day.

I see an Eddyville 10.5 race on that day, is this going to pose an issue?

c_mart_28
02-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Sept 22nd sounds good to me.

Should have my car all squared away by then I'd hope. Just got my shipment yesterday :)

sparkles
02-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Sept 22nd sounds good to me.

Should have my car all squared away by then I'd hope. Just got my shipment yesterday :)

Herpes ointment?

oVa-Boost
02-01-2012, 08:46 PM
that day should work for me should be a good time if non of my junk breaks before then

LT1Dan
02-01-2012, 09:07 PM
I just got off the phone with Cedar Falls Raceway. They said September 22nd will be a good day to make the event. And we can use the last track day (Oct 20th Hallowild) as the rain date. Should be cooler temps than our last two shootouts. 2011 was on June 18th and it was upper 80's. 2010 was on August 7th and it was over 90 degrees that day.

What about Allgo? Was he still going to bring the Vette?

AutoMods
02-01-2012, 10:38 PM
What about Allgo? Was he still going to bring the Vette?

Not sure, also do those guys have to hit every 10.5 event for points or just whenever they feel like going?

bizzle
02-01-2012, 11:01 PM
that will be perfect ... ill have all summer to get my setup down

AutoMods
02-03-2012, 06:47 PM

Sept 22nd may not work out. What are your guys thoughts on CFR's Halowild October 20th. Its cfr's last track day but we could use cordova as a rain date as they are open later into the year.

Batwood
02-03-2012, 07:22 PM
If given enough notice... pretty much any day can work for me. Only problem is that I work every other Saturday.
Not that I'm important or anything. Lol.

bizzle
02-03-2012, 09:46 PM
im still down. but thats getting kinda late in the year cars will run great but the track wont be very sticky ... but then again that might help my t5 survive

sparkles
02-04-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm not driving to Cordova. I can bet you that much.

c_mart_28
02-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Psh Sparkles you'll drive where we tell you to drive tough guy! :)

Cordova is a long ways away for us Central IA guys..

So what happens if I've already hung a 9 second pass on the board prior to the shootout?

DustinsDuster
02-04-2012, 11:34 AM
i don't work saturdays anymore, so i'm pretty open to whatever date. i'll try to have my truck going by then; might be buying a new house soon, might be tough. we'll see.

JustaGT
02-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Why so late in the year??? Usually the last track days are a little on the cold side. Doesn't matter to me cause my vehicles cant turn the tires over in sand but 40-50 degree temps may not be the friendliest to most of your guys.

c_mart_28
02-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Actually if I could have a 50 degree day with sunshine I'd be all for it.

My last track visit was at the very end of Sept. I want to say it was around 60* and I had no issues with traction. Matched my personal best 1.43 60' actually.

bizzle
02-04-2012, 01:35 PM
i wont make the drive to cordova either... f that noise

AutoMods
02-04-2012, 02:25 PM
So what happens if I've already hung a 9 second pass on the board prior to the shootout?

This year I'm thinking we will go back to separating auto's and manuals so I don't see a need to impose any time limits manually shifted cars.

With auto's there is quite a wide variety of cars that we may need to impose a time limit.

At the risk of causing another shit storm, I will post up my ideas for a street qualification list. Just rough notes that me and a couple guys wrote down yesterday. Could be something like this. Feel free to comment

All below items are required
-------------------------------
Functional windows, doors, hatch (must all roll down or open)
plates and registration
no lexan
All working lights, turn signals, brake, both head lights (none removed)
Fuctional horn
no faceplated trannys
passenger seat
Full exhaust (exit at least behind drivers seat)
Muffler or resonator (except on turbo cars)
Door panels
Factory Dash
Side Mirrors

Not required but you must meet 3 or 4 from the list below
---------------------------------
differential on drive wheels (open, limited slip or locker)
speedometer
functional wipers
hvac fan and vents
dot radials
Brake booster
pump gas in main tank (e85 is ok, separate race gas tank is ok) (hard to verify)

AutoMods
02-04-2012, 02:36 PM
I do feel for Des Moines guys driving to Cordova. However it would just be a rain date. Also its an easy drive straight shot on I80 and the quad cities guys would love it. Nicer facility too IMO . Lower altitude also.

Deimos
02-04-2012, 03:34 PM
well I'm out

slo4cyl
02-04-2012, 03:47 PM
plates and registration
no lexan
Fuctional horn
no faceplated trannys
passenger seat
Door panels
Factory Dash
Side Mirrors

speedometer
functional wipers
hvac fan and vents
dot radials
Brake booster
pump gas in main tank (e85 is ok, separate race gas tank is ok) (hard to verify)

How is this goin to be enforced? I don't have a horn, do I need to wire something up?

And your not required to have a differential on drive wheels? I don't believe in those anyway... too much weight

bizzle
02-04-2012, 03:53 PM
im kinda curious about that as well

c_mart_28
02-04-2012, 03:53 PM
So. What if I have a headlight pulled but foglights are in and functional?

I need to take advantage of every advantage I can get against these purpose built racecars!

FiFdYnUtZ
02-04-2012, 04:33 PM
fuck why dont you just make the date for hangoverfest? that should get the air your looking for ryan

mcvay98
02-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Only prob ill have is the exhaust, i ha e open dp thats just before the front seats

Batwood
02-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Oh no! No headlight mod!?!
You disqualified my secret weapon... :(

AutoMods
02-04-2012, 05:28 PM
well I'm out

Either way you can come and run open track day, for an IAF gathering. Besides a honda would knock you our first round anyway ;)

How is this goin to be enforced? I don't have a horn, do I need to wire something up?

Well a horn is easy to test. As far as enforcement, we could either not allow you to enter the ladder or we could choose only address it if someone is upset about it and brings it up or there is a dipute over a trophy/money prize ;) Other items might have to rely on the honor system. The rules are meant to discourage gutted/stripped cars meant only for the drag strip. If your horn is installed just stopped working or a window switch broke like an electrical issue, you could just let us know during registration. I'm flexible. Maybe a horn should be in the optional list because perhaps some aftermarket steering wheels eleminate the horn also. Although I do think a horn is a DOT requirement. I'd be nervous not having a horn on the street, has saved someone backing up into me one time in a parking lot.

And your not required to have a differential on drive wheels? I don't believe in those anyway... too much weight

Not required, you can run a spool or welded diff, just means you have meet one more of the other optional items to meet the 3 or 4 or whatever the final decision is.

So. What if I have a headlight pulled but foglights are in and functional?

I need to take advantage of every advantage I can get against these purpose built racecars!

I discussed this a bit with a honda boy whose name I won't disclose. But he ended up agreeing with me. My thoughts with this was that if you had a headlight out on the street, you would get pulled over pretty quickly. Especially at night.

A lot of my basis for this shootout and its rules is you have to ask yourself the question.... what is the likelihood of you encountering one of these cars on the street out cruising and how would that car be setup at that moment. Any car can be made street legal, but are you likely to see one of these gutted drag cars on the street during its one time a year, 15 minutes of fame glory outing??? Most likely all street cars are going to be fairly legal, lights, horn, have a reasonable exhaust, headlights, not going to have slicks on it. And they aren't going to be gutted out. Most people do not set up a street car to run on pure 110 or c16 gas, unless your wealthy. That said the rules are flexible, they allow you to run race gas you just have to meet other optional checklist items. If you don't qualify for one you have to make up for it on another.

That said, still strongly considering allowing slicks get more participation, even though it goes against one of the things I just said above.

c_mart_28
02-04-2012, 06:26 PM
As far as enforcement goes, I think it needs to be an active member on here that is not participating in the actual race. A pre race checklist would be kinda cool and would make it feel like a more formal and organized event.

I vote to allow slicks. One less headache for me.

Domestic Disturbance
02-04-2012, 07:16 PM
I can run race gas? Oh thank god.

sparkles
02-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Horn thing needs to be gotten rid of. I like how a 4 hour one way trip is "short".

slo4cyl
02-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Well a horn is easy to test. As far as enforcement, we could either not allow you to enter the ladder or we could choose only address it if someone is upset about it and brings it up or there is a dipute over a trophy/money prize ;) Other items might have to rely on the honor system. The rules are meant to discourage gutted/stripped cars meant only for the drag strip. If your horn is installed just stopped working or a window switch broke like an electrical issue, you could just let us know during registration. I'm flexible. Maybe a horn should be in the optional list because perhaps some aftermarket steering wheels eleminate the horn also. Although I do think a horn is a DOT requirement. I'd be nervous not having a horn on the street, has saved someone backing up into me one time in a parking lot.

My horn could barley be heard over my car. If I'm not going to be allowed to run because I don't have a horn I think its dumb but I can wire something up to a push button switch. Also I've talked to a sheriff and DOT officers about mirrors and the law does not state that you need side mirrors it simply says you need A mirror so I think as long as they have a rear view, sides shouldn't be required.

c_mart_28
02-04-2012, 08:02 PM
We'll strap a cell phone your hood and call it when we need it to honk. Problem solved.

Deimos
02-04-2012, 08:03 PM
air horn, all I need is someone with mad exhaust fabbing skills because my shits close

Domestic Disturbance
02-05-2012, 04:22 AM
I understand the horn rule, but i dont want it. I'd tried to figure out the horn switch in my k10 and all I know its a bunch of silly pieces. I'm sure the Camaro is the exact same parts, so it most likely wont have one.

mcvay98
02-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Like i said before the only prob i have with amythimg is prob the exhaust. My car is dailyed every single day, you can ask batwood i drive it to work every day, so i dont see jow thar would be allowed i guess, not tryin to be rude or anything but i have been excited for this since i got the car and dont want to be not able to run in it because of my open dp, and if we do allow slicks thar would be awesome

Deimos
02-05-2012, 07:14 AM
turbo cars dont have to have exhuast

bizzle
02-05-2012, 08:35 AM
unless i can hit the lotto or a ton of overtime it would put my car out. the car had alot of gremlins and parts that either didnt work or where desroyed by the elements
i have no;
horn
door panels
wipers
heater
speedo
one of my rear quarter windows doesnt roll down
there is prob a bunch of other stuff too
im honestly not sure if all my lights work
none of it changes the fact i have a stock headed 302 and will be promply eliminated in the first round

sparkles
02-05-2012, 09:13 PM
You gotta keep in mind, most of that stuff your car never had, or it just doesn't work. Not like it had all that and you took it off.

bizzle
02-05-2012, 09:25 PM
thats what im geting at

Drifte
02-06-2012, 10:47 AM
I understand where grimlins and age come into play. I can bet you this much, anyone who shows up, wont be turned away.

bizzle
02-06-2012, 11:00 AM
yeah last year nothing was an issue and i had even less stuff working then lol

Newgen
02-06-2012, 11:43 AM
These qualifications are strictly for KOTS right?

AutoMods
02-06-2012, 12:02 PM
fuck why dont you just make the date for hangoverfest? that should get the air your looking for ryan

My car doesn't have to run a cool day as the last two shootouts were hot as proof to that. Just CFR only suggested 2 open dates late in the year in which they weren't so busy with other events on the same day, sept 22 and october 20th.

I ran at Cordova 2010 on October 31, beautiful day 65 degrees and sunny. Plenty of traction. Eddy B, Rob , Trent were there that day. I think the twins too. Cool days are nice, especially when you have to wear pants, fire jacket and helmet.

10/31/2010 Car # 7370

JacobS
02-06-2012, 01:55 PM
people are bitching about racing in setpember!? they must like sweating their asses off in july/august...

Drifte
02-06-2012, 01:58 PM
people are bitching about racing in setpember!? they must like sweating their asses off in july/august...

Im good between 60-90 degrees.

h22apwrd94
02-06-2012, 04:38 PM
This year I'm thinking we will go back to separating auto's and manuals so I don't see a need to impose any time limits manually shifted cars.

With auto's there is quite a wide variety of cars that we may need to impose a time limit.

At the risk of causing another shit storm, I will post up my ideas for a street qualification list. Just rough notes that me and a couple guys wrote down yesterday. Could be something like this. Feel free to comment

plates and registration
no lexan
Fuctional horn
no faceplated trannys
passenger seat
Door panels
Factory Dash
Side Mirrors

speedometer
functional wipers
hvac fan and vents
dot radials
Brake booster

I would meet every one of these except for the DOT radials one...

h22apwrd94
02-06-2012, 04:46 PM
I do feel for Des Moines guys driving to Cordova. However it would just be a rain date. Also its an easy drive straight shot on I80 and the quad cities guys would love it. Nicer facility too IMO . Lower altitude also.

I have raced at Cordova before and do enjoy it. Shit, I have traveled to KC, Chicago, and St.Louis to race before, so travel is really not a huge issue. Plus, you get to stay in Clinton when you go to Cordova....what could be better than that.

Scott
02-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Too many rules, I would say if you have a registered street car and you want to race then bring it out and maybe you could get some more cars to show up. I know having a 10.5 race on the same day you dont have to worry about them racing against ya because they will be busy their own thing. and its not excatly a large payout race ya know. Its more of a T+T with a little sumptin extra for the winner, I mean theres 14 and 15 second cars that are racing for fun that dont match the rules

bizzle
02-07-2012, 07:40 AM
I agree with this guy ^^^

Ricky
02-07-2012, 08:59 AM
If it has a license plate and you can take it through a drive through its a street car.

Drifte
02-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Im gonna remove my license plate for aerodynamics.

Aircooled
02-07-2012, 09:49 AM
I'm removing my horn for weight reduction.

black88gt
02-07-2012, 09:53 AM
This discussion again?

Since no one can agree why doesn't the street class take rules from a national organization's street class? Those who don't agree can get bent or be happy having a good time running their car with everyone else just not up for the street title.

AutoMods
02-07-2012, 09:54 AM
If you guys don't want rules, it won't bother me because I'll be running with manuals . But if you have an auto and your voting for no rules then don't be upset when your up against an 8 second car.

bizzle
02-07-2012, 02:05 PM
ill be rocking a manual praying for low 13s
i just think its tough for a street car to be a cut and dry thing and thats what makes it difficult. A street car is different to everybody

Aircooled
02-07-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm not fighting the rules, I just think you guys have written the most loophole filled rule book I've ever seen in my life. Hell I can live with those requirements.

Aircooled
02-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Ah who am I kidding, my car wont be ready for this anyway. What are the rules for Motorcycles? Are there any rules for motorcycles?

slo4cyl
02-07-2012, 05:45 PM
So slicks for the manuals or not?

bizzle
02-07-2012, 11:56 PM
what about having a cruise to proove the streetability of the cars? kinda true street style? just a thought.

Domestic Disturbance
02-08-2012, 12:00 AM
If you guys don't want rules, it won't bother me because I'll be running with manuals . But if you have an auto and your voting for no rules then don't be upset when your up against an 8 second car.

I still like the old 10.00 cap for auto or whatever class.

Aircooled
02-08-2012, 07:38 AM
I still like the old 10.00 cap for auto or whatever class.

Agreed.