PDA

View Full Version : Deja Vu

sLoWnStEaDy
11-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Well, I have regretted selling a certain car of mine since I sold it a few months back. My brother-in-law bought it so it is even worse because I have to see it all the time. So, I got another...

(yeah, he put the rims on wrong, fronts and rears are swapped)

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1821/dejavu1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/dejavu1.jpg/)

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6826/dejavu2.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/dejavu2.jpg/)

Looks a little rougher than my old one but it is actually in a lot better shape. There is not a single spot of rust on this thing, mainly because it is a southern Missouri car I would assume. Only sucky thing is it used to be red and the P.O. spray painted it flat white. Not a huge deal as I am going to go arctic white with it. My plan was to FINALLY put my LM7/4L80E to use but Skye put a stop to that really quickly as she wants the Mach One to be ready for summer. Therefore, I have to keep this a running/driving vehicle or she is going to get a fucking micro-pig (yeah, tiny little pig, I don't know...) and I don't want one of those so... Once all the sheet metal work is done on the Mach One and the engine/trans are in along with the interior, I can do whatever I want with it.

Only immediate things are the brakes because it doesn't have any. You can see the rotors next to the car and the calipers are in the hatch area. So, I am going to get the brakes on it, switch the wheels back and then drive it, oh and Plasti-dip the centers of the wheels ;) I was told it had a MPFI setup on it and a garrett turbo but that is not the case, however it did come with those parts, which I am selling because I don't plan to keep the G54B in there for a long time anyways. He did give me about $2500 in receipts for the rebuilt engine, serviced rear diff., serviced trans, Fydanza flywheel, Spec stage 3+ clutch and cooling system flush. He says it has forged pistons and and rods it doesn't say anything about those in the receipts, just says "customer supplied pistons/connecting rods, no warranty".

85XR7Project
11-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Good to see you got it. It will be pretty cool if you got with that LM7. Get that Mach 1 done already!

sLoWnStEaDy
11-27-2011, 01:42 PM
believe me, i want it done more than anyone!! Just dont have any help and dont have a ton of free time anymore. Mach one will be a "Slow'n'Steady" project, gotta make sure it gets done right because i plan to keep it around a LONG time!

TbTalon94
11-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Did your brother in law take over the house you were/are in on 33rd? I see the old starion all the time sitting in the driveway.

sLoWnStEaDy
11-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Did your brother in law take over the house you were/are in on 33rd? I see the old starion all the time sitting in the driveway.

yeah. When we found out about the widenin, we decided to leave. It was bad enough there before the widening, no front yard, traffice, assholes going 80mph down the road, theft etc... That area just went to shit in the last 5-10 years IMO. Plus the house value dropped like a rock for some reason or another.

He is actually trading me some of the parts on that car for my stock stuff. MAF-T, 3" maf, Walbro 255 and maybe the wideband and boost gauge. He basically wants to go back to stock.

AutoMods
11-27-2011, 08:03 PM
damn .... fiero, mach 1 and now a starion is back. how is the fiero coming along anyway?

sLoWnStEaDy
11-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Fiero is about done. I got the new motor in, got it all wired up, started the break in but i haven't driven it because something is up with the spindles, think i need to replace them. The rear wheels are just crooked as shit and i found a couple bearings or something that i think are from them. The cv shafts also sit about 1/2" further into the spindle than they did before...

Clinical
11-27-2011, 09:54 PM
I really want a Starquest. Some day when I have more free time I'd like to put a 4g63 into one and use one of the adapters to put a t56 behind it and put it to the ground with a ford 8.8 rear. Ahh, the glory of a 4g63 that won't eat drivetrain parts!!

I love starquests.

Drifte
11-28-2011, 08:20 AM
I agree with your decision not to drive it!

DustinsDuster
11-28-2011, 11:14 AM
I really want a Starquest. Some day when I have more free time I'd like to put a 4g63 into one and use one of the adapters to put a t56 behind it and put it to the ground with a ford 8.8 rear. Ahh, the glory of a 4g63 that won't eat drivetrain parts!!

I love starquests.

if this plan ever gets started, i'll get you in touch with Bill Hincher and point you in the right direction with the RWD 4G63 problems.

Clinical
11-28-2011, 02:49 PM
if this plan ever gets started, i'll get you in touch with Bill Hincher and point you in the right direction with the RWD 4G63 problems.
It's just wishful thinking really, I'll LS1 swap a third gen first :)

sLoWnStEaDy
11-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Skye got a job at Aegon/Trans America so i might be able to get started on this sooner than i thought. We'll see what happens