PDA

View Full Version : KOTB Video

CiviC_boY
11-26-2011, 02:12 PM
King of the Blacktop.
Kinda a long video but thought it was pretty coool to actual street cars getting down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQK8w7c6Jos

FiFdYnUtZ
11-26-2011, 02:47 PM
bitchin!

FiFdYnUtZ
11-26-2011, 03:07 PM
that guys youtube channel is fuckin redic.

OldSkoolRCR
11-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Nice video, I wanna go race them...they did not look all that fast!

CiviC_boY
11-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Super fast or not still looks like a good time better than half the shit that goes on in good ol CR

c_mart_28
11-26-2011, 04:40 PM
I..don't get it.

I don't want to start the whole street vs. track debate but, to those that are more adept at street racing, what is the appeal?

Lots of planning, time and effort went into organizing that. Why couldn't it have been organized at a track or an empty airport or something? Couple of those guys just about lost it there and nobody wants to see that.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-26-2011, 05:00 PM
wouldnt a race organized like that at a track just be a normal track tournament? i suppose the appeal would lie in the fact that its different, its a significantly bigger challenge, and it brings out a whole different level of competition...

making a high powered car work on the street says a lot about a car and its builder/driver, from prepping your own lane to having the balls to keep it between the lines its a lot more of a rush then going to a lit track that hooks damn near every time...let alone the fact that you can do it on your own time, terms, and rules.

im not a 100% "street race" guy, honestly a vast majority of my time is spent at the track (mostly because of the dead street scene around here) but racing on the street lies at drag racing's core and will always be around...but as a good 'in-between' sort of race chitown's king of the street races where they strip the track down at raceways i believe is the way to go anymore, but then again its a lot easier to race that way...there are always going to be opinions on this subject, but thats just how i see it

sparkles
11-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Looks like the right lane was the one to have. Don't think it's just a coincedence that the 2 heaviest cars made it to the final.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-26-2011, 06:45 PM
the final cars seemed underpowered as well...everything else was all over the place

86svo9L
11-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Yea it was a good video, but most of the guys brought to much power and could not control it at all. The next one should be better, I would assume the guys would have learned a lesson or two and detune things a bit before showing up.

Batwood
11-26-2011, 07:17 PM
So.... when is the CRKOTB2012 happening?

Badass video. That Malibu was hookin like a mofo.
Neat that they split the pot... I was pretty sure it was gonna turn into a rumble!

Jappbox
11-26-2011, 07:24 PM
good video but im so glad Texas is not like that, bunch of drama the last 3 min that shows these guys have yet to grow up, all this work and effort for a $2700 pot? you would think it would be higher bringing some trailerd drag cars to the street risking thier lives. I like the signed $1 racing bought on by the drama free texans. I agree they didnt all look very fast. Slowest Heavy Car wins for traction.

Xboosted23X
11-26-2011, 10:27 PM
I think it should be called KOTQ. It looked a bit sketchy and agree the pot wasn't too crazy. But I'm glad the import lived up to its name and broke.

OldSkoolRCR
11-26-2011, 10:38 PM
Super fast or not still looks like a good time better than half the shit that goes on in good ol CR

There is not shit in CR!

FiFdYnUtZ
11-27-2011, 10:46 AM
but then again in texas all they do is pull up next to each other and row through the gears...not a whole lot of "competition" down there it seems...that would help its case in being drama free

civicex_1134
11-28-2011, 03:14 PM
There is not shit in CR!

Thats because all the cars that are worth a damn, get tucked away unless theres $500 races goin on....... just sayin :)

Jappbox
11-28-2011, 04:36 PM
^ this is True, if people would get thier ass out just becuase (ED cough cough) We would have alot more fun not just racing or any shit talking (as thats soooooo anoying) but hanging out and crusing (like me ryan and others did late october) I took my car out alot more than some others (cough ed, cough george, Cough Trevor, Cough Skotty, so on... I must be geting a cold?

Batwood
11-28-2011, 05:52 PM
I gotta give Jesse props for actually coming out. I was surprised to see him so often hangin out with all of us "pizza delivering high-school punks." Lol.

civicex_1134
11-28-2011, 09:08 PM
i hope 2012 brings everyone out to have a good time, not just to talk shit and race. i agree with jesse, i want more cruise nights!!!!! the best part of cruising is seeing those built cars, loud exhaust so on and so on right next to you and just havin fun

FiFdYnUtZ
11-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Need more organization next year...nothing pisses me off more then dragging my happy as 40min each way to sit in a lot with 3 cars

OldSkoolRCR
11-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Well get some Nyquil Jesse if you got a cough...The street scene in this towns been done for 5yrs now, I took my car out 3 times this summer at night on Fri/Sat...NOTHING out town was all rolled up. Anyway us big kids are having to much fun all summer doing what we enjoy most DRAGRACING! Maybee U should come to the track some weekend and see how much fun we have, funny everyone that shows up has a good time, Talks cheap about well if 1 person would step up more would come out BS!!!! nobody wants to hang out on 1st Ave and shoot the shit anymore....Its reality! U even said it yourself.

allgo
11-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Well get some Nyquil Jesse if you got a cough...The street scene in this towns been done for 5yrs now, I took my car out 3 times this summer at night on Fri/Sat...NOTHING out town was all rolled up. Anyway us big kids are having to much fun all summer doing what we enjoy most DRAGRACING! Maybee U should come to the track some weekend and see how much fun we have, funny everyone that shows up has a good time, Talks cheap about well if 1 person would step up more would come out BS!!!! nobody wants to hang out on 1st Ave and shoot the shit anymore....Its reality! U even said it yourself.

Agree 100%...

AutoMods
11-29-2011, 10:13 AM
if no one is out on the street, ohh well. I just enjoy driving my car. You have to keep you car enjoyable in my opinion.

For me that means not running around on race gas worrying about how much its costing me. I also don't like running around on my bias tires and skinnies because they wear fast and no handling. I also am a lot more likely to take my car out for misc errands if the 5 point harness and side door bar aren't in there. After the track, I put the normal seat belt back in and remove the door bar.

86svo9L
11-29-2011, 11:08 AM
I agree. During the summer I drive my car every day rain or shine for everything. It would be nice to see more get togethers and cruise nights though. I get pretty upset when most nights I am out running an errand or whatever with my kid in the car and it never fails that some crap bucket chases me to a stop light trying to race. It ussually ends up with me ignoring them and driving away like normal and them giving it all they got, so I am sure there are Mustang kill stories all over CR.

black88gt
11-29-2011, 11:28 AM
This again?

86svo9L
11-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Yea I guess.