PDA

View Full Version : So I have a new hatred

Caleb
11-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Ok I got the new mufflers from Ryan and that whole thing got messed I ended up with center in center out 2.5" mufflers instead of the offset style. Anyway, I just got done going to 2 places, professional muffler, and tuffy's. The guy at professional muffler was needless to say a worthless assumptive asshole and wasn't helpful at all. Pretty much refused to do it because it wasn't gonna be a cut and paste job because of the mufflers not being offset. And assumed he knew exactly how my exhaust system was without even looking at it which pissed me off. I went to Tuffy's and he said more than likely they wouldn't do it because their guys work off of commission and they would be wasting their time and was nice and honest about it. So in other words, pretty much Professional Muffler is more than likely in the same boat but was more assholish about it instead of being honest. I asked the guy at Tuffy's, if thats how muffler shops work then who in the hell can i take it to just to slightly adjust and re-weld new mufflers on? He told me pretty much no one would touch it. So I'm sitting here asking myself, "WHY IN THE FUCK DID I BUY NEW MUFFLERS, IF ALL THESE EXHAUST SHOPS WHO SPECIALIZE IN EXHAUST WONT TOUCH THE GODDAMN THINGS". You can take your meat into a butcher shop but you cant take mufflers to an exhaust shop, makes perfect sense...All I gotta say is the bottom line coming down to money over customer service and helping someone out is plain out fucking stupid, even though I am willing to pay to get it done. Is there seriously anyone that's able to do it without giving me shit about it?

86svo9L
11-07-2011, 01:30 PM
I swapped from center in center out to offset style. Went to Dennys muffler on 16th ave. and they refabbed everything up for me and were really straight forward and well priced.

slow ride
11-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Did the right part numbers get ordered? PM use to be a great place (downtown one) to go, but not sure what happened to them after the floods (always went to Randy or his best guy who I can't remember his name).

Drifte
11-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Professional muffler back when I went there was extremely nice and did my DSM cat back for an hourly rate. So in the end did my exhaust for like $65 and welded the muffler on, even asked for me input. They did that again for me when I had a new muffler to weld on, and get to hang out there while the guy works on it. He asks my input on placement and hangers etc. SO in my experience really nice guys, that was years ago at the place off 3rd st I think it is.

AutoMods
11-07-2011, 01:34 PM
I don't see why anyone wouldn't work on it unless you told them you were only going to spend 'xx' amount of dollars and they weren't willing to do it for that price.

Also I told you that I can exchange you for the offset versions , you just pay shipping. I normally would cover shipping but I feel that I was given the wrong part number. But if you think it was my fault I will cover shipping.

Caleb
11-07-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't see why anyone wouldn't work on it unless you told them you were only going to spend 'xx' amount of dollars and they weren't willing to do it for that price.

Also I told you that I can exchange you for the offset versions , you just pay shipping. I normally would cover shipping but I feel that I was given the wrong part number. But if you think it was my fault I will cover shipping.

Ryan I'm not putting anyone at blame for the shipping on the mufflers, I should have double checked the link to make sure it was the right ones. Still confusing to me how I linked the correct picture but the link is to center mufflers unless they changed their site, I don't know for sure however, I didn't mention price to any of the muffler shops, professional just assumed cheap and pretty much refused to do it unless i had the correct offset mufflers. Which honestly still pissed me off they weren't willing look at it to get a better idea (although they had only 2 cars on hoists and 3 open stalls, and they looked slow) , reason with me, or anything. I got bad attitude and tone from the get go. Jeff @ Professional was willing to look at it and work on it and I paid a pretty penny for the stuff he did and it looked awesome the last time I went there. Who knows, people need to stop being asshole at those places.

Deimos
11-07-2011, 02:45 PM
go to dennys in marion talk to zach tell him Jake sent you. If he says which Jake just say big dick

Caleb
11-07-2011, 02:54 PM
I went to professional muffler off of collins road/1st ave ish. Maybe I went to the wrong one. Micah suggested I should call them and bitch them out for acting the way they did. Just puts a bad taste in my mouth when people refuse to do something because they either won't get paid well for it or its not gonna be a cut and paste job.

SaNdMaNsSi
11-07-2011, 02:54 PM
go to dennys in marion talk to zach tell him Jake sent you. If he says which Jake just say big dick

It's opposite day?

Caleb
11-07-2011, 03:00 PM
These are the ones I needed: http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/displayapplications.asp?partnumber=11226

As far as in the other thread, I put a link on there that was supposed to link to the offset mufflers because I remember copying the picture location, posting the picture, and then posting the link to it. But for some reason looking at the link, it takes you to the center/center. I'm not blaming anyone for the mess up on the ordering of the mufflers other than myself for not checking to make sure the link was the correct set.

DustinsDuster
11-07-2011, 04:02 PM
i had Denny's muffler in Marion hang the exhaust on my Duster back when; no problems at all, and very reasonably priced. if nothing else, take it to H&W. if they can make true duals work on a 4th gen Fbody, i'm sure they can handle your 3rd gen.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-07-2011, 04:30 PM
I have also had great luck with dennys...along with most people I know of going there

TbTalon94
11-07-2011, 05:08 PM
I've had good luck with Denny's on 16th ave, and also Midas on 1st ave (sw side by long johns silvers). You might also want to try Big Jim's Performance on 6th street. His shop seams to be growing well and I haven't heard anyone complain from his customer service or work. Also H&W does a great job like Dustin said.

If I had all my equipment in town with a lift i'd do it for you no problem, but I am packed into a small garage right now in Lisbon cuz no one wants to pay for quality work. That's why all the muffler shops pass it by cuz there are a lot of cheap kids around here that want the best for "ebay" prices. Get's VERY VERY tiring and it's hard to take in work when you know you'll be nickel and dimed by the person cuz he read online how someone got it cheaper or whatever.

Caleb
11-07-2011, 07:47 PM
I've had good luck with Denny's on 16th ave, and also Midas on 1st ave (sw side by long johns silvers). You might also want to try Big Jim's Performance on 6th street. His shop seams to be growing well and I haven't heard anyone complain from his customer service or work. Also H&W does a great job like Dustin said.

If I had all my equipment in town with a lift i'd do it for you no problem, but I am packed into a small garage right now in Lisbon cuz no one wants to pay for quality work. That's why all the muffler shops pass it by cuz there are a lot of cheap kids around here that want the best for "ebay" prices. Get's VERY VERY tiring and it's hard to take in work when you know you'll be nickel and dimed by the person cuz he read online how someone got it cheaper or whatever.

I know other people are like that, but on the other side, I never mentioned price and the guy had an assumptive mind about everything and I should have asked to talk to the guy in charge that day or told the guy to go fuck himself and wanna talk to someone else. I normally don't get pissed that easily at stuff, but the way the guy handled the situation, just a complete asshole. Whether it was $70 or $200, I would have paid those prices either way just so the goddamn rattling in the rear stops.

Deimos
11-07-2011, 08:21 PM
update your time already

Fire Hawk
11-07-2011, 08:26 PM
update your time already

x2!

Domestic Disturbance
11-08-2011, 01:33 AM
I love H&W's work but they definitely are probably the most expensive. Like trevor is talking about though, you get what you pay for.

sLoWnStEaDy
11-08-2011, 06:27 AM
PM on 3rd st. Is the place to go, they will do pretty much anything. They installed the srt4 rear section on my neon for $40, straight piped my trans am for $120 headers back, installed single in, dual out muffler (i purchased from summit) and tail pipes on my old f150 for like $50. Many more things as well, i have probably used them 20-30 times over the years.