PDA

View Full Version : fbody goes 246 in the mile

FiFdYnUtZ
11-01-2011, 11:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Vml-gEzW8

crazy how long it takes before they can let er eat!

AutoMods
11-01-2011, 12:42 PM
doesn't sound like he ever goes wot

slow ride
11-01-2011, 01:24 PM
I don't think he can very early in the run. Those Ford gt's do better with the weight over the rear tires and the audi's/lambos have AWD to get the power down early. Hard to find a tire that can stand the high speeds and hook up well. I think Hindson's rear mount turbo vette will do good when it's sorted (and doesn't crash;))

Jappbox
11-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Thats LMR's Camaro they built. Makes alot of power but like everybody there they track conditions were very bad, a Bike Rider fell off after a "bump" at the 3/4 mile part, he was going 230mph+ and walked away... Insane

TbTalon94
11-02-2011, 07:15 AM
He's going WOT earlier then you think. It's progressive boost control. Probably doesn't even hit max boost untill 160mph+

slow ride
11-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Specs on that car are in the new gm high tech mag. It's a nutty setup .800+ lift solid roller, 1800whp, ten pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag.

Domestic Disturbance
11-02-2011, 06:17 PM
.800+ lift solid roller

Say what? Is this thing even streetable? I can't watch the video at work, but isn't this the same car that he lost control and saved it at over 200mph?

455Buickman
11-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Say what? Is this thing even streetable? I can't watch the video at work, but isn't this the same car that he lost control and saved it at over 200mph?

Ya, as seen here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=yYGK2WU0ZLk

Looks like the front tire was starting to come apart if you look at the front tire/wheel, right before it starts getting exciting.

Cover car for GMHTP as said above, not real streetable with ET 275cc heads lol

slow ride
11-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Are you saying the ET heads are to big for the street? Stock ls7 heads are bigger than 275cc.

455Buickman
11-04-2011, 02:18 PM
I guess I just think of most setups with 275cc heads as not built for street use, because I'm used to looking at N/A builds with 205 - 235 cc's. Not such a big deal when they're sitting on a turbocharged 461 cube monster.

Regardless, helluva powerplant.

slow ride
11-04-2011, 04:56 PM
I know what you're saying. Most early style (cathedral) do run smaller cc size like typical smallblock stuff. The late ls7, ls3/l92 syle heads just got really big which does make them hard to cam without making the car feel lazy down low. Seems like GM makes the heads flow very well and uses smaller cams to meet emissions and still make the big numbers stock. Most of the aftermarket cams for square port stuff tend to run a larger split cam (exhaust bias). If you have noticed some companys are building there own square port offerings now and they have shrunk the runners down some.

That .800+ lift solid roller does it for me :) It's probably just another 900-1000hp NA engine with turbos and lower compression. I'm sure it has more money in the valvetrain than my entire engine in the vette.

Domestic Disturbance
11-05-2011, 03:12 AM
I guess I just think of most setups with 275cc heads as not built for street use, because I'm used to looking at N/A builds with 205 - 235 cc's. Not such a big deal when they're sitting on a turbocharged 461 cube monster.

Regardless, helluva powerplant.
who let withrow in our internets..... ?

455Buickman
11-05-2011, 01:26 PM
I know what you're saying. Most early style (cathedral) do run smaller cc size like typical smallblock stuff. The late ls7, ls3/l92 syle heads just got really big which does make them hard to cam without making the car feel lazy down low. Seems like GM makes the heads flow very well and uses smaller cams to meet emissions and still make the big numbers stock. Most of the aftermarket cams for square port stuff tend to run a larger split cam (exhaust bias). If you have noticed some companys are building there own square port offerings now and they have shrunk the runners down some.

Plus this allows the manual and the new 6-speed auto cars to get excellent mileage considering the weight of the cars and the performance available. Audi R8 V10 - (direct injected no less) is EPA rated 12/20, C6Z06 is 18/24.

But yeah, I didn't have any interest in the gen 4 stuff due to the the price until recently other than as-cast L92's, now I see a set of CNC'd LS3's is only $1400. Would look real nice atop a 408 ci LQ4 I think, or maybe a stock cube one from a boneyard. Hmmmm.
Dan where's your old truck? Could you maybe, borrow it back for a day?

slow ride
11-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Speaking of price, you could get a callies lsc 4" crank for $440ish price range (cheaper with hookups), but it's been discontinued as supplier pricing rose and callies pulled the plug. I just used one last year for a friend and it was a nice piece. Just when I think bigger combos will be easier/cheaper the ls world takes a step back. Boneyard truck engines are the best value going today for cheap power.

Vettes are just good on the highway for mileage due to gearing, RPM, low CD, and good torque down low as you stated. I can get high 20's with a somewhat agressive built engine with 3.90 gears in my 6 speed.

LT1Dan
11-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Plus this allows the manual and the new 6-speed auto cars to get excellent mileage considering the weight of the cars and the performance available. Audi R8 V10 - (direct injected no less) is EPA rated 12/20, C6Z06 is 18/24.

But yeah, I didn't have any interest in the gen 4 stuff due to the the price until recently other than as-cast L92's, now I see a set of CNC'd LS3's is only $1400. Would look real nice atop a 408 ci LQ4 I think, or maybe a stock cube one from a boneyard. Hmmmm.
Dan where's your old truck? Could you maybe, borrow it back for a day?

Haha Who let you in here? You don't want an LS motor anyways, I hear they are slow. Your Regal would be a lot cooler with a turbo 6 cyl in it anyways. :)