PDA

View Full Version : new fbod t56 record

Domestic Disturbance
10-29-2011, 03:18 AM
I know, another narrowed down specific record. BUT this does knock that shitty lt1 of tanners of the top, so suck it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6xeBDaC4pc

Jappbox
10-29-2011, 08:20 AM
nice launch! Im beting thats a Gforce T56, Everything else is junk! I do not miss my t56 at all. Since a "built" one exploded twice. the TR6060 shifts 10000x better

slow ride
10-29-2011, 08:47 AM
Yea regualr t56's can be hit or miss. Big engines make big torque and thats what breaks everything. I almost picked up a 6060 and c6z diff the other day. It's a little pricy for me though as I just spent my cars toy fund for years on the house. Some day.

c_mart_28
10-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Yeah either a gforce or a faceplated trans at the least.

You just don't hear about quite as many problems with the Cobra T56 which is odd knowing the torque they have to endure. Typically people beef up the unit to "viper spec" as an upgrade. My transmission is 100% stock with the exception of an upgraded input shaft. Never given me an ounce of issue. It is very notchy, however.

Domestic Disturbance
10-29-2011, 01:05 PM
The trans is a 'Faceplated Tick Performance Level 3 Viperized T56 Rebuild'

LT1Dan
10-29-2011, 01:41 PM
I know, another narrowed down specific record. BUT this does knock that shitty lt1 of tanners of the top, so suck it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6xeBDaC4pc

To: DomesticDisturbance

Re: Your whore mouth talking about LT1s

SHUT IT!!

Signed,

LT1Dan

Jappbox
10-29-2011, 02:01 PM
From what RPM Transmissions told me after I Destroyed everything inside my T56 from 3rd gear is anything over 700whp will not last, now that said mine was a Notchy Level 5 RPM trans. The Gforce guys have good luck it seems but I do see alot of the turbo viper guys all converting over to a 6060 after breaking even the Gforce ones. I will test mine with my new Drag setup this next spring.

AutoMods
10-29-2011, 02:03 PM
thats badd ass. double wheelie

although i am surprised that is the record with how common camaros are and how easy it is to make power with the ls1 and decent tranny. isn't there a handfull of 8 second manual dsm's out there? and also many manual supras running those times.

ran into tanner posts on ls1tech just yesterday, seems like his mission in life is to spread the word on how awful gforce is. guess he went through 2-3 of their built trannys

slow ride
10-29-2011, 04:49 PM
Torque breaks most everything. Engines, transmissions, etc. 1000hp low rpm big cube engines make a lot more torque than a supra or other imports. Most guys are making big power make almost the same (if not more) torque depending on engine setup and usually the car weighs a lot more than the tin can style imports. Torque might be fun, but it is hard on shit, add in the heavy cars and it really loads down the drivetrain. Everything drivetrain related should be rated in torque not HP unless it subjected to long periods of sustained HP which could cause cooling problems, high oil temps, etc.

The 6060 uses new design syncros that are thinner which allow the gears to be wider which helps load distribution and increases toque ratings. Other things are beefed up (case, bearings, shafts, etc), but they all fit into the same size package. 6060's are stadnard in 08+ z06's and all ZR1's.

Domestic Disturbance
10-30-2011, 04:16 AM
whats the quickest 6060 record? anybody know?