PDA

View Full Version : Redmaro Productions/FbodyFreak Films:Street Action 22

Jappbox
10-25-2011, 05:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_txZF1o4mTc

TbTalon94
10-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Man the auto's just look so boring. You becoming an ls fan now?

AutoMods
10-25-2011, 06:51 PM
You becoming an ls fan now?

he probably is, after cruising with the ls1 rx7 on saturday

DustinsDuster
10-25-2011, 08:50 PM
he probably is, after cruising with the ls1 rx7 on saturday

i dunno; hard to be the sound of a Viper V10; it's a beautiful thing.

TbTalon94
10-26-2011, 06:23 AM
Turbo v10's sound even better.

slow ride
10-26-2011, 06:32 AM
You guys have to be smoking crack. Viper v10s sound like poooo uncorked IMHO. Nothing like Audi R8 and Lambos, etc. Turbos help a ton just like a inline 4, but geez. I guess I never heard anyone think vipers sound good. Now I know thay are monster engines and make awesome power na or turbocharged so thats not the problem, but damn that sound. To each is own I guess.

c_mart_28
10-26-2011, 10:05 AM
I think that Vipers are amazing machines.

That said, they sound like tractors.

TbTalon94
10-26-2011, 01:44 PM
I agree, i guess i should have said they only sound good turbo lol.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Little too much roll racing for my liking...good video nonetheless...and Trevor have you ever driven an auto with a decent stall in it? A lot less boring then you would think

Drifte
10-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Trevors tbss was stalled. It was fun, Trevors weird.

Jappbox
10-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Yea trevors TBSS had a a decent stall it was sweet off the get go,but trevor is saying after the lanuch or punch it just a boring ride of puting your foot down. And no Im not going LS, I love my V10 Turbo Tractor. But the LS's were reping big time in that video.

AutoMods
10-26-2011, 05:12 PM
the trailblazer was a tank, if he would've had the same motor and blower in a rwd vehicle 1500lbs lighter it would've been a blast

K-ville
10-26-2011, 05:22 PM
i still want a srt8 cherokee with a Kenne Bell.. tank or not

sparkles
10-26-2011, 06:25 PM
^x2

AutoMods
10-26-2011, 09:23 PM
trailblazer vs cherokee , which is better? ls powered vehicle earns a few points in my book because I could share parts and the tuning software. but id be open to hearing why the srt8 cherokee would be better.

K-ville
10-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Tbss is kool to have the awd option as i think the jeep is 2wd only... from what im told there is a decent amount more room on the jeep for a supercharger or whatever you may want.. I had a 06 tbss and seriously have never hated and loved a car so much at the same time. I looked good rand good stock and had a nice interior all loaded up so it was a awsome start to add to.. then the tranny went out like they all do the the BCM then the PCM the BCM again and three batteries in about 4 months and i lost all intrest in it. and it had alot of little stuff all the time like the plastic above the rear window cracked all up emblems got replaced and were junk again in like 2 months the weatherstrip fell of until i glued it all and the right front head light went out like every 3 weeks...... thats about it end rant id buy the jeep

snickerlicker
10-26-2011, 09:45 PM
^ SRT8 jeep is AWD, have a buddy with one. Very nice.

snickerlicker
10-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Yea trevors TBSS had a a decent stall it was sweet off the get go,but trevor is saying after the lanuch or punch it just a boring ride of puting your foot down. And no Im not going LS, I love my V10 Turbo Tractor. But the LS's were reping big time in that video.

I saw a ported stock blower 03/04 Cobra reping pretty seriously also, as in pulling away from everything but the supercharged C5...

Jappbox
10-27-2011, 06:12 AM
^ Thats why Batwood should fix the cobra he has so he can have fun with it like that red one in the video

snickerlicker
10-27-2011, 06:28 AM
^ X2! He'd rather drive that high 13 sec worn out C4 though...

TbTalon94
10-27-2011, 07:30 AM
My TBSS was fun, roomy, and looked good. It got terrible gas meilage because of the stalled auto and supercharger coupled with the awd.

Stalled or not, auto's are boring unless all you do is race with them. I like to drive my cars, a lot...so I want something I can enjoy and I personally just get more out of a car I can shift with a clutch.

slow ride
10-27-2011, 08:02 AM
Word up!

Drifte
10-27-2011, 08:36 AM
My TBSS was fun, roomy, and looked good. It got terrible gas meilage because of the stalled auto and supercharger coupled with the awd.

Stalled or not, auto's are boring unless all you do is race with them. I like to drive my cars, a lot...so I want something I can enjoy and I personally just get more out of a car I can shift with a clutch.

Or stall at a red light...just end yourself now.

snickerlicker
10-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Full manual valve body automatic, problem solved!

Drifte
10-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Yep, $250 later you have a manual. Maybe more for some cars.

K-ville
10-27-2011, 09:47 AM
^ SRT8 jeep is AWD, have a buddy with one. Very nice.

was it maybe the first year they were only 2wd? when i was at dewey they had a tbss which i bought and a srt8 but they guy told me that the srt's were only 2wd.. he musta ben wrong

snickerlicker
10-27-2011, 10:33 AM
^ He didn't know what he was talking about...

K-ville
10-27-2011, 11:01 AM
what a bastard! that was like the only reason i got the tbss!

snickerlicker
10-27-2011, 11:03 AM
^ Must have had better money to be made on the TBSS..... Dirty assholes!

StreetSweeper
10-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanksgiving is still a few weeks away. WTF are they doing rolls for already?

TbTalon94
10-27-2011, 01:27 PM

Not the same. You and everyone else knows it.

AutoMods
10-27-2011, 01:31 PM
http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/fq/qe/es/cro-1.jpg

snickerlicker
10-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Not the same. You and everyone else knows it.

Pretty close, just faster..... you ever driven one???

allgo
10-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Pretty close, just faster..... you ever driven one???

agreed..your left foot doesnt get tired

Domestic Disturbance
10-28-2011, 02:20 AM
agreed..your left foot doesnt get tired

I think he means for a full street car, not a straight line purposed car. I don't think many guys are hitting the curves with a manual valvebody... although, they arent hitting them with tbss's either haha.

The TBSS came both awd and 2wd, not srt8s. I remember reading that the few quickest srt8 jeeps were being held back by the awd.

TbTalon94
10-28-2011, 06:26 AM
I do mean for a full street car that i can daily or atleast drive 4-5days out of the week. Auto's just get old to me, even manual valve bodies. They don't sound the same as manuals, the rpm change isn't as pleasing. The satisfaction of hearing the full rpm range go up and down just can't be matched by auto gear change. I like modulating the clutch and being in control of how the car moves, not just when the stall decides to catch.

Now for straight line racing, hands down auto's win. They are more consistant, easier to deal with, stronger, etc. But my 550whp felt sweet and I could probably eat a sub sandwich racing down the 1/4.

slow ride
10-28-2011, 06:46 AM
Yea, no mush converters allowed in between the engine and drivetrain. I'll take the loss before I would turn my vette into an auto. I would never build a drag car with a stick though either :)

allgo
10-28-2011, 07:55 AM
My 03 cobra was full manual and It would out corner and out 1/4 mile 90% of the cars out there..full street car..to each his own I own both and love both..

slow ride
10-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Yea, they each have there place.

Drifte
10-28-2011, 08:25 AM
I like modulating the clutch and being in control of how the car moves.

Or stalls

I could probably eat a sub sandwich racing down the 1/4.

Try a taco

snickerlicker
10-28-2011, 08:27 AM
I'm confused on to why people think a full manual valve body auto isn't "driveable everyday" it's as easy as a manual. No clutches to burn up either..Joe drove his 03 Cobra daily during the summer, took it on road trips, etc... Next excuse will be well that guy had an auto when he doors your ass.... Don't knock it til you try it!!

c_mart_28
10-28-2011, 10:09 AM
I've had the opportunity to ride (not drive..) a manual valve bodied car and I honestly don't think there is much, if any fun lost because of it. This was a ~900 whp Cobra and the feeling of sustained acceleration through the gears is incredible. No drama, no surprises between shifts, no nose drop, nothing. Just ridiculous tunnel vision inducing acceleration.

I've considered it on many occasions.

I'll probably just set an ET manually shifting that is impossible for Ryan to beat and then consider my options. Or when my clutch goes. Whichever comes first :)

AutoMods
10-28-2011, 10:22 AM
your clutch is already well on its way out from what i seen at your last track outing. how much would a 100 shot help you on your current setup?

AutoMods
10-28-2011, 10:25 AM
this guy ended up going back to t56 after his manual valve body issues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Yt-f-h658

I no longer have the 700 in the car, installing a t56 6 speed now. Yes I drove it on the street alot. I think due to some weak inner transmission parts I destroyed the sun gear connector between the two planets and cracked a planet gear as well. The transmission held up to the big block in normal mode for 30,000 miles with similar shifts, but after I messed up and downshifted one to many times instead of upshifting it destoryed the overun clutches. I rebuilt it only to have the front pump explode (torque converter had a cracked snout from the rebuilder). Had it rebuilt professionally 5 days before hot rod power tour. Shifts were back engine braking was back (had a few bad piston seals (i didn't replace those). Then 1500 miles later booom! well it wasn't that eventful. Replaced the case, a two planets, a couple other hard parts, and then it was back to no engine braking again. I gave up after that and bought a t56. It will be more fun to drive as a stick shift anyway. The trans still worked when I pulled it but it was starting to slip in forward, I think the last rebuild that he should have replaced all the clutches and seals again. But he did the work for free. If I could have gotten on good rebuild I think it would have lasted for a while longer. Search high and low for the GM 5 pinion planets and upgrade!

chevyolds442 8 months ago
Any experience comparing your manual valve to a good shift kit?

SomecoolName1 1 year ago
@SomecoolName1

Well compared to the "good' shift kit that was in it this is way better., instant shifts, you move the shifter and its already in the next gear, absolutely no lag time between telling the trans to shift and it shifting.

chevyolds442 1 year ago
what about if your at a roll and you wanna bang it into a lower gear , say like if you were racing or to pass traffic ? how does it work

ingles1120 1 year ago
@ingles1120 its just like any other auto...when you downshift at speed. as long as your in a safe downshift range for the gear you are going to it will downshift and go. just make sure you have your foot in it while shifting. Now say if you decided to downshift from 3rd to 2nd and your already at 6000 rpms that would cause all sorts of havoc. but if you slow it down a bit to say 3000 rpms going from 3rd to 2nd is just like hitting the passing gear in a th350 turbo. Make sense?

c_mart_28
10-28-2011, 10:33 AM
your clutch is already well on its way out from what i seen at your last track outing. how much would a 100 shot help you on your current setup?

Nah clutch is fine. I think Tad just wasn't used to the engagement points and tried to slip it. Not gonna work on my setup.

100 shot nets me 9.80's i'm betting. Thereabouts.

TbTalon94
10-28-2011, 01:54 PM
I'm confused on to why people think a full manual valve body auto isn't "driveable everyday" it's as easy as a manual. No clutches to burn up either..Joe drove his 03 Cobra daily during the summer, took it on road trips, etc... Next excuse will be well that guy had an auto when he doors your ass.... Don't knock it til you try it!!

You misread what I meant. I didn't mean the cars are un-driveable or daily driveable with manual valve body or high stall or the like. I said I like to drive my cars daily...autos are boring to me...so that means a full manual body wouldn't do it for me either. It's still basically the same as an auto except you move a lever up and down. Like going from 1-2-3-D or whatever in an auto. TO ME it is just not as pleasing.

Also a 900hp car is going to be fun regardless...and in that case i'd rather have an auto to have one less thing to worry about. But a 300-500hp car that I drive constantly. Manual is where it's at.