PDA

View Full Version : Wow, fannie mae is retarded

Grr
10-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Thought some of you would get a kick out of this, kinda long story but a good one. it is a good indication of why this country is in the shape it is in, and why we are beyond completely broke

So awhile ago I found an empty farmstead that was going through forclosure that I wanted to buy. Was being sold at a sherriffs auction in september, with a lean of around $160k. I was under the impression that it would likely go cheaper than that and I was willing to go as high as 150k

So I go to it, and was promptly outbid with a final price of almost 170k, along with that was 2000 worth of leins from my company to settle as well. I later found out the guy was from Fannie. I assumed the house would be cleaned and listed shortly for 185k or so and scratched it off my list.

So last week I got a report to remove our equipment from the property indicating the leins were settled, I was curious to see what progress was made and who was listing it along with the price. I contacted the agent and was told the house was listed for $150k which didnt make any sense.

Thursday I put in an offer just for the hell of it and wound up getting it for $142k along with Fannie paying closing costs! So, our government wound up buying this property, spent about 1500 fixing some things, paid off 2000 in leins and sold it to the first offer for 30k under what they bought it for last month. I am happy to get it cheap but completely confused as hell as to what is going through the minds of people running this place

Just sending out a big THANK YOU to all you fellow taxpayers for picking up the $35,000 tab for my new house!

McKeever
10-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Your Welcome.

JustinS
10-24-2011, 07:27 PM
.gov strikes again...some of the shit I see at the state level really makes me sick too.

DustinsDuster
10-24-2011, 08:04 PM
i should go into politics. little education and some common sense might turn the system on its side!

Drifte
10-24-2011, 09:38 PM
i should go into politics. little education and some common sense might turn the system on its side!

lol dustin. Its the total lack of common sense or "street smarts" that astounds me at times with people running this country (then their is the obvious as grr posted). You'd make one hell of a political figure, I'd vote for ya.

SaNdMaNsSi
10-24-2011, 10:30 PM

Well, if Obama, with no practical skill at all, from the most ass backwards state in the entire country with the most corrupt political system/politicians can get into office, you're an easy vote.

stangvortech
10-24-2011, 11:03 PM
yea, that is some bull shit! you got a good deal though!