PDA

View Full Version : Paintless dent removal?

Stutz
10-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Any good places around to get a door ding taken care of? Also any idea how much it'd cost? Its small but now every time i look at the car i see it and it drives me crazy

SaNdMaNsSi
10-24-2011, 01:49 PM
You can try PDR, it depends on how deep the ding is. Usually, PDR isn't used for door dings, as hail, falling objects, etc. leave a nice even dent, whereas door dings usually leave a jagged dent that can't be PDR'd without popping the paint or leaving a small indentation....

SaNdMaNsSi
10-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Also, I haven't looked at a common PDR sheet in awhile, but I think with hail dents they calculated it at 15-30 bucks for a small hail dent, but I'm not sure what it runs now.

Deimos
10-24-2011, 01:59 PM
I think nowadays they charge by how much time it takes them. Or at least that is what I was told on the GXP I am building.

slow ride
10-24-2011, 02:08 PM
If you can find someone to do it on the side it will save you a ton.

SaNdMaNsSi
10-24-2011, 02:42 PM
I think nowadays they charge by how much time it takes them. Or at least that is what I was told on the GXP I am building.

At our shop we charge the insurance company by the dent, but if it's a small amount, I'm sure they charge by the hour/job. They have a chart that groups together numbers of dents, how large, etc, and then gives a price next to it. So if you take that grouping and divide by (I think it's 30) that's how you come up with 15-30 bucks a dent. However, I don't think anyone that does PDR would waste their time on one dent, and you have to catch them when they are on the move. The guy that does it for us only comes around when there is hail in the area. Otherwise, it's kind of hard to find someone.

slow ride
10-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Heartland auto rebuilders in Dike, ask for Kevin. Not sure if thats to far away for you though.