PDA

View Full Version : Waste Oil wanted!

SaNdMaNsSi
10-20-2011, 10:57 AM
It's that time of year again, we could use your waste oil in our furnace. We will take any amount. If you swing by anytime 8-5 mon-fri, we'll empty your containers and give them back on the spot. After hours, you can leave it and we'll take it too. If it's after hours and you want your container back, please just somehow label it so that we know that, and when we are open, just stop in and we'll give it back. If you have a larger quantity of oil, we'll come pick it up from you. If you know someone with a large amount, feel free to let us know. Our guys keep this place at 10,000 degrees all winter, so the more we have the happier they'll be! Thanks in advance.

319-396-8683
Five Seasons Auto Rebuilders

You don't need to ask for anyone in particular if you call, just say "waste oil" and they should know why you're calling. No appointment needed, just stop and drop anytime you can. Thanks guys.

Deimos
10-20-2011, 03:16 PM
I know the feeling we stockpile throughout the year. Sometimes I luck out and get to steal sears oil before safety clean shows up.

Sleepy
10-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Man I wish you guys were in Des Moines. I have 10-15 5 quart containers of used oil I need to get rid of.

SaNdMaNsSi
10-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Man I wish you guys were in Des Moines. I have 10-15 5 quart containers of used oil I need to get rid of.

I am back and forth to Des Moines, but never really know when. If something comes up and I'll be in the area, I'll message you. I was there yesterday....

SaNdMaNsSi
10-20-2011, 09:52 PM
I know the feeling we stockpile throughout the year. Sometimes I luck out and get to steal sears oil before safety clean shows up.

We usually do too, but did a bad job this year. We only lucked out because a trucking company gives us all of their stuff. Otherwise, we'd be SOL.

Sleepy
10-21-2011, 06:45 AM
Sandman let me know and I will keep it in a corner of the garage instead of dumping it off at Autozone.

SaNdMaNsSi
10-21-2011, 07:07 AM
Sandman let me know and I will keep it in a corner of the garage instead of dumping it off at Autozone.

Will do. Hopefully it won't be long. There is a guy in Des Moines that wants to trade me one of his tractors for one of my atvs, so I might be there sooner than I thought.

sparkles
10-21-2011, 08:34 AM
O Reilly's? They don't charge anything.

Sleepy
10-21-2011, 09:00 AM
I didn't know autozone charges.

Way back when I use to dump my oil off at oriley's in altoona when Dustin Jones worked there. They never said anything about dumping it so I guess I never knew anyone charged you to dump.

I know Super Lube will give I think its 50 cents or a quarter per quart or 5 quart container(can not remember amount). So you could make a little bit. However I would rather just get it the f out of my garage.

Deimos
10-21-2011, 10:18 AM
By law all repair shops have to take used oil. I am fairly certain safety clean picks it up for free cuz they sell the used oil.