PDA

View Full Version : rx8 throttle problems

martinRX8
09-30-2011, 07:03 AM
Having some problems with the rx 8 on a cold start the car will run for about 30 seconds with all of its normal power.....then it will go into a "limp dick" mode where it will slowly rev to 4 k and wont go over 17 mph in 1st gear....i turn the car off and start it again....thirty seconds later the car will go into limp dick mode again.....this has happened a few times while driving down the interstate and also just driving normally in town.....it bas been happening more and more frequently now....anyone know what could be wrong....i need to figure it out before i garage it for the winter....i replaced the maf sensor a while ago and it fixed the problem for all of about eight hours then it started acting up again..... could it be something wrong with the drive by wire throttle system?

AutoMods
09-30-2011, 08:40 AM
i don't know crap about rotaries but I'll take a wild guess. MAF would be a good guess but you did that. I'm sure you would have told us if it was overheating. So my guess is some sensor like crank sensor or coolant temp sensor, knock sensor. No check engine light?

slow ride
09-30-2011, 09:32 AM
seems to be going into limp mode after the ecu goes into closed loop. any codes?

Drifte
09-30-2011, 12:29 PM
I think I saw this car in the walmart parking lot last night

Phish
09-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Should be throwing a code if its giong into limp mode. Its most likely a sensor telling it there is an issue. Only way to check it is to hook it up and see whats gion on. If you did not live so far away i coudl hook it up to my laptop and see whats goin on. PS.... selling my turbo kit if yoru interested