PDA

View Full Version : Hilly Bikin mountain bike vid

Drifte
09-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Put this vid together today, have some more content but just kinda gave up and uploaded what I had. This is just a short trail in CR, there will hopefully be much more video to come from the more advanced courses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmdb2MJfHkM

Ricky
09-19-2011, 02:49 PM
no replies :(

CiviC_boY
09-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Are those trails over off 33rd ave??? Good riding btw

Drifte
09-19-2011, 04:14 PM
By van vechten park, basically in it. Couple weeded over ramps to clear off soon for some (what I would consider) big air.

2:30, erics first attempt at that step up jump. Can you tell?

CiviC_boY
09-19-2011, 04:44 PM
That's doesn't look like the trails down there lol must be some diff ones cause I was down at the trails abt 3 weeks ago and they where still big and not grown over.. (I'm talking abt the hugh doubles)

Ricky
09-19-2011, 05:47 PM
We saw those too. there is a different trail that is close to those. Those doubles are huge!

CiviC_boY
09-20-2011, 06:37 AM
Yea those are what i rode when i went doen there didnt know anything else abt any other trails down there lol.

Drifte
09-20-2011, 09:35 AM
What do you ride? BMX is the lower trail really. I may try the mountain bike on it but there's some more trail to clear with some jumps at the top trail yet Id like to try too.

sLoWnStEaDy
09-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Looks like fun! Have you been out to MacBride at all in the last couple years? I use to ride out there a lot, looks similar to where you where but more trees and much skinnier trails, of course I haven't been out there in probably 10 years now. I still keep saying I want to get out and ride, may be now that it is not 100* outside and I have the next 5-6 months off work, I will actually get out there!

Nice video

Drifte
09-20-2011, 11:46 AM
My understanding of McBride is its a paved flat trail. Do you mean sugar bottom? Always looking for more people to ride with. Can take turns with the shovel that way ;)

sLoWnStEaDy
09-20-2011, 11:58 AM
My understanding of McBride is its a paved flat trail. Do you mean sugar bottom? Always looking for more people to ride with. Can take turns with the shovel that way ;)

yeah, they have a paved trail but that's not what I am talking about. lol

If you act as though you are driving to the beach out at Mac Bride, just before you get off the main road there is a sign that shows the species of fish and stuff like that. Right near there, is the start of a trail. it is dirt and no more than about 3-4 inches wide, I think it started out as a game trail that people just started riding. pretty steep, lots of turns, drop offs, small cliffs that drop to the lake etc... As I said, this was probably close to ten years ago now but it was pretty bad ass. They didn't have actual ramps and stuff but there were a lot of fallen trees that people built into ramps, step ups/downs, etc...
A group of 4-6 of us went out there and within about a couple hours we were all done, either from injury or broken bikes, we all had $150 Wal-Mart bikes of course. Most common was bent/broken spokes/rims, I believe Daryl dislocated his arm, Jered hit his head on a tree and Brent fell of a small cliff into the water. That's about what I remember from that day! haha

Next time I am out that way, I will take a gander and see if it is still there at all. Since I moved to Palo, I haven't fished MacBride at all so this gives me an excuse to drive the 30-40 minutes and go after some Walleye while I am out there.

CiviC_boY
09-20-2011, 12:22 PM
What do you ride? BMX is the lower trail really. I may try the mountain bike on it but there's some more trail to clear with some jumps at the top trail yet Id like to try too.

Yea I rode 21in yo lol last time I was there I tried them on a POS mongoose mountain bike didn't work good for lol

Drifte
09-20-2011, 01:19 PM
yeah, they have a paved trail but that's not what I am talking about. lol

If you act as though you are driving to the beach out at Mac Bride, just before you get off the main road there is a sign that shows the species of fish and stuff like that. Right near there, is the start of a trail. it is dirt and no more than about 3-4 inches wide, I think it started out as a game trail that people just started riding. pretty steep, lots of turns, drop offs, small cliffs that drop to the lake etc... As I said, this was probably close to ten years ago now but it was pretty bad ass. They didn't have actual ramps and stuff but there were a lot of fallen trees that people built into ramps, step ups/downs, etc...
A group of 4-6 of us went out there and within about a couple hours we were all done, either from injury or broken bikes, we all had $150 Wal-Mart bikes of course. Most common was bent/broken spokes/rims, I believe Daryl dislocated his arm, Jered hit his head on a tree and Brent fell of a small cliff into the water. That's about what I remember from that day! haha

Next time I am out that way, I will take a gander and see if it is still there at all. Since I moved to Palo, I haven't fished MacBride at all so this gives me an excuse to drive the 30-40 minutes and go after some Walleye while I am out there.

Yea, we dont get by without a few accidents. Trevor flew off the table top and if that wasnt bad enough he landed in the hole the dirt came from to make the table top. Erics accidents were all caught on video too. I havent had any this year, just near misses.

Xboosted23X
09-20-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm glad someone is riding them. The video looks really fast.

APPLES355
09-20-2011, 05:03 PM
I like those trails more than some that are around iowa. there doesnt seem to be many trails that are really technical. The link below is from when we went out to moab for spring break. unfortunately i am not the one with the gopro, but still a good video to get you excited to ride mountain bikes! This trail is porcupines rim and depending where you start it is around a 5000 ft decent!

http://youtu.be/CkZBIAuoogc

I would advise turning off the sound because this wasnt a new HD gopro.

Drifte
09-20-2011, 08:02 PM
David its not sped up, I wouldnt know how to do that in Imovie anyway. I think its a blurring effect from it bouncing, if my speedo would work I could tell ya the speed though.

Apples, moab looks fun. I road around Colorado a bit this summer and had a tough time making myself come back.

Oh, and we may ride there tomorrow night if anyones interested, I plan to be working the weeded over ramps we havent hit yet.

CiviC_boY
09-21-2011, 07:50 AM
I would be down but as of abt 6 months ago my garage got broken into and my bike was one of the things they took.

Drifte
09-21-2011, 10:16 AM
I had a bike stolen once too, sucked. I took enough drugs my back seems fine so hopefully if time allows will go back out tonight.

CiviC_boY
09-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Idk even know where at those trails are.. i just know where the doubles are

Drifte
09-21-2011, 11:45 AM
At the pavilion across the st from the small park at the top of the hill.

DustinsDuster
09-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Yea, we dont get by without a few accidents. Trevor flew off the table top and if that wasnt bad enough he landed in the hole the dirt came from to make the table top. Erics accidents were all caught on video too. I havent had any this year, just near misses.

a collision is a near miss. i say if you cant get hurt doing it, how much fun can it really be? dig the vids; i want a go-pro camera now.

Drifte
09-22-2011, 02:28 PM
a collision is a near miss. i say if you cant get hurt doing it, how much fun can it really be? dig the vids; i want a go-pro camera now.

Come ride with us, its 20" friendly. And did I have a collision and forget? Or did I miss something?nvm gc

Ricky
09-23-2011, 08:30 AM

I seem to be the one crashing a lot. I hope the crashing will slow down soon. That was my first day on my new bike. Still gettting used to it and remembering how to ride agian. Also I want to get better so i can get talked into things easy. The hardest part is judging the speed i need.

Drifte
09-23-2011, 09:10 AM
I seem to be the one crashing a lot. I hope the crashing will slow down soon. That was my first day on my new bike. Still gettting used to it and remembering how to ride agian. Also I want to get better so i can get talked into things easy. The hardest part is judging the speed i need.

Speaking of, the new ramp requires almost no speed, but the immediate table top after it requires tons...so that needs re worked next time I get out there.

sLoWnStEaDy
09-23-2011, 09:37 AM
a collision is a near miss

Reminds me of one of my favorite George Carlin bits... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuCN6CD8j_s

I can never embed shit...

civicex_1134
09-25-2011, 01:28 AM
dude, van vectin it literally right next to my house... lol. ive been tellin james we need to buy some bikes and hit those trails. tho i havent ridin a bike since i was 15, so itd be all bad, but funny as shit! hahaha

Ricky
09-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Drifte, Tbtalon, Blittle, and I took the bikes to sugar bottom sunday. I had a few close calls...(drifte needs a break light) but didnt crash. Blittle had an awesome crash and i cant help but feel like it was kinda my fault... Anyhow there is a picture of the aftermath somewhere.

Cant wait to hit some more trails and ride again. I'm out of shape :/

DustinsDuster
09-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Reminds me of one of my favorite George Carlin bits... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuCN6CD8j_s

I can never embed shit...

thats why i said it!

Drifte
10-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Just adding material as it comes around. We've been riding Beverly pretty aggressively the last week. No video compiled yet, but couple neat screen shots.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/296344_729213713429_71802238_35593237_1473196893_n .jpgp

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/299727_729219461909_71802238_35593310_1106900095_n .jpg

Ricky
10-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Your wearing a camera next time!