PDA

View Full Version : Ecu Socketing

akp0639
09-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Hey i was wondering if anyone on the forum could do this? I had it done a few years ago by a guy named sully i think? is he still around? Thanks let me know!

~Andrew

skipdownstairs
09-14-2011, 09:42 AM
I took mine to a local radio shack they hooked me right up if you cant fine who your looking for try something like that or any computer repair place should be able to do it

CiviC_boY
09-14-2011, 09:55 AM
AK have Kitch give you my number I can get ahold of Sully for you.

Drifte
09-14-2011, 09:55 AM
ECM Tuning will do it, do it fast, and check the rest of the computer. They fixed a weird intermittent problem I had that turned out to be the socket coming loose. They didn't originally instal it either.

http://www.ecmtuning.com/index.php

akp0639
09-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Alright ill call ya tonight or something he did good work last time. Thanks for the replys guys

AutoMods
09-14-2011, 10:41 AM
ecmtuning is good if you have a 1g computer they will check the capacitors and can do an overall test check on the ecu. sully has done about 10 chips for me successfully. sully's username on here is 'rysbrnr' . His profile is set to email him when you send a pm so he should get it.

CiviC_boY
09-14-2011, 11:47 AM
He does great work I was at his house not to long ago.. just call me I can give u the number or something that would be faster if ur wantting to get it done soon

Clinical
09-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Yeah I can vouch for ecmtuning being great at what they do.

Great customer support every time I've had to contact them, very fast too.

AutoMods
09-14-2011, 02:43 PM
too bad sully doesn't come on here anymore, not sure what happened to him

CiviC_boY
09-14-2011, 03:31 PM
too bad sully doesn't come on here anymore, not sure what happened to him

Family is what he told me...

JustinS
09-14-2011, 03:43 PM
He ever get that integra project going?

CiviC_boY
09-14-2011, 07:38 PM
What on? He had a 4door gsr integra but the last I knew that one was just sitting.

JustinS
09-15-2011, 06:12 AM
The 4dr GSR that he bought to get good gas mileage

DustinsDuster
09-15-2011, 09:02 PM
we should start a "Bring Sully Back" thread for everyone to post in

AutoMods
09-15-2011, 09:07 PM
yea we should start a sully thread. also a dustin fix your signature picture thread.

Drifte
09-16-2011, 12:00 PM
I think sully is running that strictly foreign forum, and posting here would take away from that one. But he should come back anyway.

rysbrnr
09-18-2011, 04:53 AM
Sorry everyone for the MIA status!
I'm just not able to do anything anymore, I have no time to do anything whatsoever, like get on the computer, play with cars, watch TV, take a relaxing dump, etc. etc. My car obsession have been on a steady decline ever since I sold my last 1g DSM. I sold that because the best I could do for it was just let it site in the garage and gather dust. On top of that, It's been well over a year since I've lost my job and therefore no longer able to support my car hobby. As of late, I now have 3 kids...all girls! and my newest edition is just 3 months old as of yesterday. Last fall Me and a friend were trying to spark up the import car scene here locally with the StrictlyForiegn site but he's moved away to Denver and I really just don't have the time to allocate to the site and maintenance. We are still both car nuts and were trying to revive our passion for car with the site but opted to close the site last month since weren't able to put out best efforts into keeping it going and growing. I hardly posted on strictlyforeign myself as an admin. However, the care members of the group are still in the scene and have occasional gatherings and keep in touch through the Facebook group..... everyone is welcome to join in BTW

I'm not totally gone from the car scene, I'm just on life support at the moment until I find any sort of income. 3 kids and a big house is hard to swing with only 1 income.

My 4dr Integra really is just sitting, BUT there is very very little progress with the build at least. Last week I bought a new timing belt and water pump and started re-assembling a little bit of the engine.

Of all my rides I have5 cars (all 4 door family haulers), a 24hp Riding Mower, and a temporary speed fix, a 07 Yamaha R6 like Drifte's but Charcoal gray. I've put maybe 75 miles on that thing all of 2012, FML. I still have quite a bit of car stuff laying around but no car to put the parts on! I've sold my last spare 4g63 motor a few weeks ago and only have a set of HKS 272's and cam gears being some the only 4g63 remnants left.

And Andrew, I can still socket that ECU for you if needed.

It really isn't easy to maintain life without a job. I know it sounds like a cliche' statement but family life has really sucked away all of my "Sully" time...which includes my hobbies or anything that is 'just for me'. I swear, once I get some type of decent income again I'll be rolling once again in something fun to drive.

rysbrnr
09-18-2011, 05:07 AM
missing from picture, the maxima (for sale) and my bike (for sale).
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z319/rysbrnr/IMAG0329.jpg

CiviC_boY
09-18-2011, 09:49 AM
missing from picture, the maxima (for sale) and my bike (for sale).
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z319/rysbrnr/IMAG0329.jpg

Pm me if you intrested in selling that Teg..

AutoMods
09-18-2011, 11:43 AM
hang in there sully, the car stuff can always wait. I know you will eventually be back in the game as you're one of the true enthusiasts