PDA

View Full Version : serious question; wedding songs?

DustinsDuster
08-22-2011, 09:33 PM
i'm getting to my deadline on choosing songs for my wedding, and was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions before i set them in stone. i'll have two friends playing acoustic guitars and maybe singing a bit while people come and sit down, and while we all walk up, and i'll probably have 2-3 songs in the actual service- just seeing if anyone here had heard any good ones at other weddings or whatnot.

if possible, i'd rather skip getting 2-3 pages of posts with obviously inapporpriate songs, but i know the game and am sure more than a few will be coming. just try to attatch something useful to it as well if possible.

Deimos
08-22-2011, 09:38 PM
http://www.popular-wedding-songs.com/

sLoWnStEaDy
08-22-2011, 10:57 PM
any particular genre? Three that will def. Be played at my wedding are "I don't want to miss one thing" by Aerosmith and "Lost in this moment" by Big & Rich and "Better Life" by Keith Urban. I am a big country guy though, dont think you are... Hahaha going to save the Killswitch, Slipknot, Children Of Bodom, etc... for the reception

skipdownstairs
08-23-2011, 09:28 AM
I don't know about you but I know one that I cant stand to hear is that stupid celebration song EVERYONE plays it EVERYTIME!!! but for the most part the Dj should know what hes doing have you sat down and talked with him with your bride to be that's what I did...

DustinsDuster
08-23-2011, 09:00 PM
I don't know about you but I know one that I cant stand to hear is that stupid celebration song EVERYONE plays it EVERYTIME!!! but for the most part the Dj should know what hes doing have you sat down and talked with him with your bride to be that's what I did...

the DJ thing would be fine; but my two friends are going to be playing before the wedding starts, and probably a song or two in it. the better half and i talked it over, and i think we've got a decent plan of attack on it. thanks anyway guys.

sparkles
08-23-2011, 09:20 PM
So no "Alone" by Heart?

sparkles
10-28-2011, 09:22 AM
Well, you never updated this or told anyone how it went. However, with a little investigation work I found some pictures on the internet. No wonder you never said anything.
http://www.damnlol.com/i/40d030ec74b939c09155cd7fac38d6eb.jpg

Drifte
10-28-2011, 09:57 AM
hah, kinda looks like dustin.

i got a question, can I dj my own wedding?

AutoMods
10-28-2011, 10:17 AM
^ you'll be busy and have other things to do. but if you just que up a bunch of songs it'd probably work. had a friend do it but i didn't go to his wedding so not sure how it turned out

DustinsDuster
10-28-2011, 11:56 AM
hah, kinda looks like dustin.

i got a question, can I dj my own wedding?

It does kinda look like me, but that doesn't look like kelli at all. Don't tell her; I don't want her to think I have hobbies on the side.

Also, why do you want to DJ it youself? George could do it, or I have another friend who dj's events. Or you could go the route I did and have two bands (or maybe just one) play the reception.

Domestic Disturbance
10-29-2011, 03:08 AM
I like big butts by sirmixalot is a must no doubt. Better throw Amos moses by jerry reid on there too