PDA

View Full Version : Index Racing Eliminator IRE @ Tristate Raceway

69decvr
08-19-2011, 03:55 PM
We are having our last 2 races @ Tristate Raceway next weekend on the 27th and 28th. Since I am new here I haven't had a chance to spread the word. These are some races that I organized, created, found sponsors for all the classes and answer any questions about. I know that alot of people don't really care for Tristate, but I wanted to create some fun competitive races that the average guy can afford to run and Tristate is the closest track to me. So if your looking to do some racing next weekend come and check us out. Remember, if you can pass tech you can pick a class. You can also find a facebook page under the title Index Racing Eliminator IRE.
http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww134/69decvr/IREFLYER.jpg

69decvr
08-19-2011, 03:56 PM
http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww134/69decvr/04-13-2011073620PM.jpg
http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww134/69decvr/04-13-2011073732PM.jpg

c_mart_28
08-19-2011, 04:41 PM
That's cool. Have you been able to drum up a decent car count to these?

69decvr
08-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Our 9.50 class has been the most popular so far. Usually getting 4-5 cars, 3-4 in the 10.50, 2-3 in the 11.60, and the 12.50 and 13.50 classes have been hit or miss. Would love to see some more cars in the lanes for our last 2 races.

OldSkoolRCR
08-19-2011, 06:34 PM
A

Domestic Disturbance
08-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Very cool. How often have you been doing these?

FiFdYnUtZ
08-20-2011, 11:11 AM
damn i wish i could "like" ed's post! hahaha!...

i like the idea of the racing though, might have to try it out sometime

69decvr
08-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Very cool. How often have you been doing these?

This will be the 2nd year of the program, but we only have 2 more races this year. I try to set it up so there is only 1 race weekend a month. Not sure about most people but I like the idea of having 2 day race weekends, It cuts down on the travel costs.

69decvr
08-20-2011, 05:29 PM
damn i wish i could "like" ed's post! hahaha!...

i like the idea of the racing though, might have to try it out sometime

Well come out and try it next weekend. What do you have to loose?

69decvr
08-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Did you find a sponser for "Track Bite"?

Very funny. But seriously the track has been REALLY good this year

OldSkoolRCR
08-20-2011, 06:52 PM
A

Deimos
08-20-2011, 07:09 PM
didn't walsh run a 9.3 up there last weekend?

FiFdYnUtZ
08-20-2011, 07:32 PM
I have $60 in gas and their outrageous entry fee to lose...if that track can't hold me on spray Idk wtf could hook there that makes any power....we were there all day and saw 0 attempts to prep whatsoever

OldSkoolRCR
08-20-2011, 07:36 PM
A

Deimos
08-20-2011, 08:09 PM
I have $60 in gas and their outrageous entry fee to lose...if that track can't hold me on spray Idk wtf could hook there that makes any power....we were there all day and saw 0 attempts to prep whatsoever

They took their break for lunch and to "reprep" the track and they never once came out to reprep the track during that time before they started... Not saying but I am saying I agree with you.

McKeever
08-20-2011, 10:38 PM
You can't seriously go to tristate for drag city and expect the track to hook. Not the right event for hanging wheels.

OldSkoolRCR
08-21-2011, 09:48 AM
A

69decvr
08-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Well if you were trying to hook an 8 sec car on that track on the Drag City Fun day, I'm sure you were having problems. Especially on a small tire. How many street cars and trucks were ripping up the rubber that day? That is not the day to hook. I thought everybody knew that? So far this year on our RACE days, I have seen 3 broken rearends on the starting line. My car runs 11.1s on motor right now and I have yet to spin on our race day. I have heard people say "try to put some real power to the track and it won't hook". What is everyones idea of "real power"? My buddy runs a drag radial car in the 9.50 class and he gets down on race day. If you can't hook on our race day you either need to buy some new slicks or learn how to tune a chassis, because I haven't seen any issues on our race day this year.

OldSkoolRCR
08-21-2011, 05:48 PM
A

Clinical
08-22-2011, 10:03 AM
I've never been there, but I doubt I ever will. Too much bad talk and I never knew about $30 entry fee- that's nuts.
Cordova is $20 and only $35 for everything on a midnight mayhem night.

Domestic Disturbance
08-22-2011, 10:43 AM
I've been to CFR on bad days too. Those Midnight Manias are garbage. The only time you'll run good is if you run early and if there was track prep from a prior event in the day. My car with 3:42's, nearly fresh 275 M/T Radials, and slipping the clutch and was still spinning out of the hole and breaking lose in second. Thats the same night I went and tested on the street and hooked from 4k rpms. Thats a low 13 sec car on slicks and it wouldn't hook at CFR. I learned my lesson on when to go and expect results and when not to. I wouldn't understand Tristate not prepping a track if they have a serious event taking place.

DustinsDuster
08-22-2011, 04:57 PM
i posted this once back when and dont think i ever got an answer- did tri-state change ownership or something? why does it suck so much more now than it used to?

69decvr
08-22-2011, 06:04 PM
I understand your trying to put togather a good thing with this, But u need to understand, if cars are not hooking they are not returning, We may be up there this weekend with a very fast new set-up car for testing and we will see how it works out, my car goes 1.49 60's N/A all day long at CFR and 1.39-1.40 on a small shot, my best on motor last Sunday was a 1.59, so you tell me where the issue is. Good luck with your race sounds like a good idea, maybee a solid 11.0 class would be nice also. Not cutting up your idea, just the fact that it is such a awsome complex, and it seems nobody cares, I seen them prep 1 time, trust me we have put more prep on the steets.
I am by no means trying to start a pissing match. I have been to Tristate on days when it DID NOT HOOK. All I am saying is that it seems that this year on our race days the track has hooked. I have heard that they are doing a differnt track prep that is working. All we can do as racers is voice our opinions, without argument, to Bill to let him know that the track prep is or is not working. I hate to say it, but yes it seems that the owner has become content with how things are but I know that Bill cares about the racers. As far as the IRE goes, we will be making some changes to classes next year, so if you have any suggestions let me hear them. I hope to see you at the track this weekend and please stop by my trailer so we can meet.

69decvr
08-22-2011, 06:05 PM
i posted this once back when and dont think i ever got an answer- did tri-state change ownership or something? why does it suck so much more now than it used to?

No the track did not change ownership.

OldSkoolRCR
08-22-2011, 06:15 PM
I am by no means trying to start a pissing match. I have been to Tristate on days when it DID NOT HOOK. All I am saying is that it seems that this year on our race days the track has hooked. I have heard that they are doing a differnt track prep that is working. All we can do as racers is voice our opinions, without argument, to Bill to let him know that the track prep is or is not working. I hate to say it, but yes it seems that the owner has become content with how things are but I know that Bill cares about the racers. As far as the IRE goes, we will be making some changes to classes next year, so if you have any suggestions let me hear them. I hope to see you at the track this weekend and please stop by my trailer so we can meet.

Bill cares for the racers, but I feel he dont have alot of say at times, but I know hes trying very hard, wrong day to compare track cond.

69decvr
08-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Bill cares for the racers, but I feel he dont have alot of say at times...Like Isaid Nice track going to waste.

I agree with you, but that is why I am trying to create a fun racing program to try and bring some life back into it. Also, it looks like there will be a Quick 16 there on sunday so I'm sure the track will be working atleast on that day.

Lotus1
08-25-2011, 08:41 AM
deleted post

85XR7Project
08-25-2011, 12:23 PM
FYI, you aren't off to a good start. Maybe you should keep your dog for yourself...

Lotus1
08-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Deleted post glad things got resolved and hope there are no hard feelings

OldSkoolRCR
08-25-2011, 04:45 PM
I just spoke with Bill, I apoliized to him for the comments I made, Im sure it was a bad day to judge the track, As he stated he trys his best and I have said that also to make a good track and program for all the racers. So Lotus1 maybee you should confront me instaed of hiding behind a comp. As for 69decvr good luck with your program, add a 11.0 or 10.80 index Im sure it would bring out more people. And as I told Bill I would I deleted all the negitive posts.

Scott
08-25-2011, 05:05 PM
I've been to CFR on bad days too. Those Midnight Manias are garbage. The only time you'll run good is if you run early and if there was track prep from a prior event in the day. My car with 3:42's, nearly fresh 275 M/T Radials, and slipping the clutch and was still spinning out of the hole and breaking lose in second. Thats the same night I went and tested on the street and hooked from 4k rpms. Thats a low 13 sec car on slicks and it wouldn't hook at CFR. I learned my lesson on when to go and expect results and when not to. I wouldn't understand Tristate not prepping a track if they have a serious event taking place.

Shit I've pulled 1.26 60' at CFR at 2am with hoosier DOT slicks. surprised me for sure, but with radials I dont know.. I havent tried tri-state in years!! I only race at heads-up 10.5 stuff right now and I havent seen those events on the schedule yet, I'd be happy to try the track out if that happens, if i cant get it down the track then theres something wrong. Awesome place I'd like to see this place doing 10.5 heads up and hookin good!!!!!!

Deimos
08-25-2011, 06:45 PM
I had a fun day with the family at tri state. So much so I just picked up a 10 x 10 tent today. It was a perfect day.

69decvr
08-25-2011, 08:36 PM
I just spoke with Bill, I apoliized to him for the comments I made, Im sure it was a bad day to judge the track, As he stated he trys his best and I have said that also to make a good track and program for all the racers. So Lotus1 maybee you should confront me instaed of hiding behind a comp. As for 69decvr good luck with your program, add a 11.0 or 10.80 index Im sure it would bring out more people. And as I told Bill I would I deleted all the negitive posts.
Thank you for the wish of good luck! Hopefully we can get some people to come out and give the IRE a try this weekend. I feel that the payouts are pretty good, especially if we could fill the lanes. If you or anyone is interested in this Index program please follow it on Facebook (Index Racing Eliminator IRE). I will be changing things up as far as the indexes are concerned for next year. I am taking all recomendations into consideration for next year. I want this program to be fun and fruitfull which means catering to what the racers are looking for. See you in the lanes!

69decvr
08-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Loading up and heading to the track tonight! See you all in the lanes!