PDA

View Full Version : Anybody handy with DSMs and want to make $20 slash drink free beer (Iowa City)?

Chicago_DSM
08-15-2011, 10:43 PM
I can't for the life of me get this alternator tensioner to line up and fit on my 2G Talon.

So stupid. Getting the old one out and new one went pretty well for being confined to a garage with no tools and no jack/jackstands and working on a lowered car with a cramped engine bay. But with the alternator bolted in, the alternator is not lining up right with the tensioner bracket.

I need to move this car out of my friend's garage in the next two days. I have a crisp (slightly crumbled) $20 bill for anybody that can take 5 minutes to look at my mess and tell me I'm an idiot. I have done several alternators, but usually have a tool to jack the car up and someone else around to troubleshoot these little problems when I drink too much and put things in backwards. Which for the record has only happened once. Although it WAS a headgasket. Honest mistake :rolleyes:.

I live in Iowa City slightly off-campus. The car is immobile so I can not bring it somewhere for you to look at it. If you like DSMs, helping strangers or free beer, I don't care as long as you know what you are doing, please text me tomorrow.

For the record I am not a complete noob but there's only so much you can do with a backpack full of basic tools and friends with no mechanical abilities whatsoever.

Hope to hear back.

Josh
847 370 3749

AutoMods
08-15-2011, 11:44 PM
pm g50trim92 on here. he lives right by you and has a 2g and a 1g .

Drifte
08-16-2011, 08:40 AM
I have seen this issue before when someone takes the alternator brackets off, then goes to reinstall and everything goes together bass akwards. Look up some images of engine bays so you can see one installed, and take the bracket completely off and try to put it back on.

Chicago_DSM
08-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Alternator bracket never came off. But I know it is on the right away.

Should have some help coming tonight!

slo4cyl
08-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Id help but your about a hour and a half from me and I have lots of stuff to get done before heading to ohio friday, good luck hope you get it figured out!

Chicago_DSM
08-17-2011, 03:45 PM
No big deal. A local DSM'r came by last night and helped me out. Can't thank you enough Greg! The Eagle has left the garage, finally ;)

AutoMods
08-17-2011, 04:08 PM
g50trim92 ftw !! now he just needs to post more on here instead of lurking

DustinsDuster
08-17-2011, 06:33 PM
is that alternator doing alright for you so far?