PDA

View Full Version : Can someone delete my air/egr for me?

Luminatorz34
08-15-2011, 01:20 PM
im posting this in hopes of finding someone fairly local that could tune out/delete my air and egr in my camaro. i dont wanna have to send out the ecu to get these 2 things deleted for 150 bucks...if you can let me know thanks

AutoMods
08-15-2011, 01:41 PM
It would be a shame to buy a nice scan and tuner and only use it for air/egr delete but buy this and you will see all the stuff it can do for you . It can read all your check engine lights, change redline, change fan on/off points, trigger pump, fan, injectors on/off, scan like 200 different things, tune anything, timing, fuel etc etc

http://iowaautoforums.com/showthread.php?13632-My-EfiLive-v1-gm-tuner-ls1-camaro-corvette-gto-other-gm-cars-trucks-and-suv-s

AutoMods
08-15-2011, 01:44 PM
problem is, unless you have an unlimited license package like a dyno shop would, a normal guy would have to register a VIN on the tuning software which is a $100 license. otherwise I would do it for you for free.

Luminatorz34
08-15-2011, 01:46 PM
i take it i need a lap top for the efi live? and im confused. you say i can use it to read codes and tune. but then the link says i need to get more licenses to tune....im confused

AutoMods
08-15-2011, 02:06 PM
it comes with one unused license in which case you would use that license to register it to your car. then from then on you can use it unlimited tuning on your car's computer. you can actually record a log to the unit box without a laptop and then later view it on your desktop computer but you need a laptop to flash it or you could drag your desktop out to your car :) or drag your car's computer into your desktop but yea a laptop makes it easy.

Batwood
08-15-2011, 04:18 PM
I have a laptop and HP Tuners.
But most cars are 2 credits... $50 a credit.