PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Mustang BBC at the Auction

Batwood
08-06-2011, 09:23 AM
For some reason, we've been seeing a lot of built cars running through the auctions.

My brother ran across this Mustang in Illinois.
Looks like it the motor may be shot, but I believe it sells on the 10th.
Illinois Salvage Title Vehicle

Pre-bid is currently at $2,000.
Crazy.

Link (http://www.salvagedirect.com/asp/viewitem.asp?itemid=896920#pics)

http://www.salvagedirect.com/os/item_images/580701/images/MVC-001.jpg
http://www.salvagedirect.com/os/item_images/580701/images/MVC-020.jpg

Whats it worth?

Current high bid: $1950

Description: Syrup in the motor. This 1988 Ford Mustang has been completely converted for speed. This vehicle has Flow Master mufflers x 4, Mickey Thompson drag radial tires, tubbed rear end, Strange rear axle, Strange coil over springs, Strange disk brakes, Center Line rims that have been rim screwed, and Weld Racing front rims with Lexington tires. This unit also has a Chevy big block engine, automatic transmission, 12 point roll cage, Pro Series G Force five point harness (on driver's and passenger side), B&M Pro ratchet shifter, Auto Gauge Tachometer, and Auto Meter gauges. This vehicle also has a Holley four barrel carburetor, Edelbrock valve covers, Griffin aluminum radiator, and an RCI fuel cell & ice box. We didn't attempt to start the vehicle because there was a large amount of oil under the vehicle.

All descriptions are written to the best of our ability and any errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Salvage Direct. Vehicles are sold as-is, where-is; no exceptions. Descriptions are intended to provide additional information for buyers, but do not act as a warranty or guarantee of the condition of the vehicle. We suggest you always preview the vehicles you intend to purchase.

Deimos
08-06-2011, 02:14 PM
man I want that thing. Is that in milan?

AutoMods
08-06-2011, 03:31 PM
wow those tires are huge http://www.salvagedirect.com/os/item_images/580701/images/MVC-015.jpg

Batwood
08-06-2011, 03:34 PM
man I want that thing. Is that in milan?

Bartlett, Illinois. "Salvage Direct" auction. Used to be QCSA.

Stuff like this sells cheap because the people watching these auctions generally aren't looking for toys... just cars to fix and sell.

FiFdYnUtZ
08-06-2011, 03:39 PM
You could part that out and probably make some decent money even..

AutoMods
08-06-2011, 04:13 PM
are you able to hook us up with cars batwood.

Batwood
08-06-2011, 04:20 PM
are you able to hook us up with cars batwood.

Mostly we buy damaged/wrecked. Occasionally we run across the clean title stuff at the auctions... you never really know.
We watch about 4 auctions a week, but there are thousands of cars goin through all over the US.
My Rustang came from PA and I'm trying to get a CTS-V out of Washington DC.

Thats how I ended up with a '72 Eldo Convertible, 90 Corvette, and the Rustang.
Some of these cars really blow my mind.
ALMOST bought a 72 Camaro on a Blazer chasis with 35s. Haha.

Deimos
08-06-2011, 05:25 PM
yeah the engine leaks oil typical big block

Deimos
08-06-2011, 05:28 PM
if you are buying it I won't bid against ya man

AutoMods
08-06-2011, 05:34 PM
yeah the engine leaks oil typical big block

I wouldn't count on the engine being fine just having oil leaks . assume the worst if your bidding. maybe batwood could fill us in more but I think the cars are looked over and if its something minor they will do what they have to make it run as its going to bring more money running. not sure if they hire actual mechanics there or just car guys. I know on the crashedtoys website they would hotwire things with no keys and do a little this and that to get things to show better etc.

Deimos
08-06-2011, 05:44 PM
dude the engine in the car isnt worth a hill of a beans. Yes ryan if it has a huge puddle I would say blown engine or cracked pan. either way its getting trailered

Batwood
08-07-2011, 09:26 AM
dude the engine in the car isnt worth a hill of a beans. Yes ryan if it has a huge puddle I would say blown engine or cracked pan. either way its getting trailered

At the beginning of the description it says it has syrup in the motor.
I'd assume its junk...

They rarely do anything to the cars. We bought an FJ Cruiser with a HOLE in the block that was sold as "Run and Drive."
You have to be verty careful.
Also, if you get a car with suspension damage, half the time they will set it up so it looks like its sitting square. I got a good surprised on the last thing I bought. But thats the risk you run buying online I guess. Its not like the "old days" anymore where we would actually go to every auction and look in person.

DustinsDuster
08-07-2011, 10:23 AM
kinda neat; but i just kinda hate it when people put big block Chevies in Mustangs. i dunno why; i'm usually all for it- i think id just much rather see a big FE in there. good luck to anyone bidding on it- looks like a decent start to a project.

K-ville
08-13-2011, 12:43 PM
so did anyone see what this thing ended up selling for?