PDA

View Full Version : can anyone cut HD video?

FiFdYnUtZ
07-26-2011, 11:48 AM
have some vids off my gopro and i am having trouble cutting them down on my imac...i even have the full adobe creative design suite premium...looking for anyone who can give me some tips or just do it..thanks!

AutoMods
07-26-2011, 12:28 PM
not sure about gopro or on a MAC but you could look into Windows Live Movie Maker. Its used by a lot of amateurs because its free. also look for free software on video software on download.com

skipdownstairs
07-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Everything on go pro and newer cameras is mp4 format i bought AVS video converter to format it to what you want works great there is a free download and it works the same as the full version if you want to try it. It will just have a watermark on it till you purchase the full version I format my videos to 720 windows media and then edit and create them with windows movie maker

Drifte
07-26-2011, 01:31 PM
You should have no problem with the Suite, Im fairly certain MP4 is supported as I have had GoPro vids through my Mac as well (cs4 master suite).

Is it not recognizing the files, or you are just trying to get familiar with Premier? Sony Vegas pro is far more user friendly and also capable of mp4 edits.

Clinical
07-26-2011, 01:43 PM
yeah get Sony Vegas

It's awesome, I used to love editing stuff with it back in high school/early college years.

Anymore though I just throw a title on something in Windows Movie Maker whenever I have a video, if I use Sony Vegas, theres so much more to do I end up taking a bunch of extra time doing little things. It should work perfect for the HD video and MP4

FiFdYnUtZ
07-26-2011, 02:09 PM
I think I need to just get familiar with premier...I have never used it before
....and all I need to do for now is cut the vids down...I have editing experience with box software and a PC but this adobe and Mac Ill need to mess with more...I usually only use photoshop and illustrator...

FiFdYnUtZ
07-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Tested the cam and suction cup out yesterday after work and took my girlfriend...this is what I'm trying to cut...my head in the beginning and the last large majority...I let out right after it went into 3rd and coasted...motor pull on the n2o tune and an effortless launch

http://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3 Dil7kCotOUs0&h=cAQBqWjXF&refid=28