PDA

View Full Version : Tri-State get together/drag city 17

civicex_1134
07-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Just seein who all would like to go. Itd be nice to see a bunch of ppl go up at once or even go at all. Anyway, if ur interested ill be at the marion 151 wal-mart at 9am and will be leaving at 9:30am, and will not wait for people to get gas or wash their car, lol.

Date: August 14th, 2011
Time: Gates open at 9am
Price: $30 to run, includes all passengers. $5 to watch

Over 5 hours of open track time/unlimited passes. All support services, including fuel and concessions will be open. A brief tech inspection will be provided by Tri-State officials. NHRA safety rules apply- long pants and closed toe shoes. Helmets @ 13.99 or faster, seat belt required, battery bolt down, and catch can.

Where: Tri-State raceway- earlville, iowa
Rain Date: Sunday, August 21st, 2011

See you there,
Dallas

Clinical
07-22-2011, 03:02 PM
August 14th is actually the date I'm going to be starting my mini-vacation staying with my aunt and uncle in Des Moines for awhile
Didnt plan to be up there that early though, but it sounds like it might be a good time to try out a different track for once and put some faces to some names.
Then again I'm also a panzy when it comes to launching my car with the 10bolt and 3.08's haha

sparkles
07-22-2011, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=Mamamia;167996
Then again I'm also a panzy when it comes to launching my car with the 10bolt and 3.08's haha[/QUOTE]

I've got that same issue at the moment. Let us know when you're here. I assume you're bringing the bird?

Batwood
07-22-2011, 04:31 PM
I'd like to go... assuming the new car is ready.
If not, I'll bring the Vette.

Haven't been to Tri-State in awhile.

Clinical
07-22-2011, 10:47 PM
I've got that same issue at the moment. Let us know when you're here. I assume you're bringing the bird?

yeah, no choice - it's my only car haha

OldSkoolRCR
07-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Another fun filled day of spinning down the track @ TriSkate Raceway.

c_mart_28
07-23-2011, 09:29 PM

Ha no joke..

I might consider going in a month other than august though. I'd like to see if that free .1-.2 is legit.. (I could use it....)

Mamamia, I'd like to see your car in person. Could be a good few weekend nights while you're in town. PM me for my number. Dunno if I could make it out myself but I could for sure point you in the right direction of some good car guys round these parts.

DustinsDuster
07-24-2011, 07:44 AM
i dont know what happened, but Tri-state used to be the place to go years back, and CFR was the slick track. i always ran all my best times at CFR, but still, i wonder what changed?

civicex_1134
07-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Basically, if ur makin under 350hp ur fine...... anything north of that and ur gonna spin ur nuts off. lol

boostedsohc
07-25-2011, 07:42 AM
1/8 or 1/4?

civicex_1134
07-25-2011, 10:04 AM
1/4.......

skipdownstairs
07-25-2011, 01:49 PM

Evidently you havent been there this season. The way the the track is being prepped and sprayed has been changed and the traction is much better!!!!

AutoMods
07-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Evidently you havent been there this season. The way the the track is being prepped and sprayed has been changed and the traction is much better!!!!

good to hear, whats the latest with frankenstang?

skipdownstairs
07-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Well after the day of the rod palmer shoot out I ended up spinning a rod bearing on #2 cylinder think i had a number of things that tainted the problem and have just now finally got the bottom end back together this weekend went with 10.0:1 compression JE pistons and threw the 8.3s in the trash cant wait to get it back down in the car this week

AutoMods
07-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Well after the day of the rod palmer shoot out I ended up spinning a rod bearing on #2 cylinder think i had a number of things that tainted the problem and have just now finally got the bottom end back together this weekend went with 10.0:1 compression JE pistons and threw the 8.3s in the trash cant wait to get it back down in the car this week

what kind of fuel are you running and what are you thoughts on those 2150's injectors?

skipdownstairs
07-25-2011, 07:21 PM
i really like them, we are using e85 right now but next year are contemplating runing methanol using a mechanical fuel pump like an enderle or waterman

civicex_1134
07-25-2011, 07:56 PM
think ur gonna make it to tri-state? jw

86svo9L
07-26-2011, 08:58 AM
If I get my car ready by then I am down.

skipdownstairs
07-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Yeah ill be out with either the chevelle or the stang girlfriend will be drivin the nova she loves racing bought me a set of slicks for my birthday :))))

DustinsDuster
07-26-2011, 04:35 PM
tri-state is 1/4 mile.

allgo
07-26-2011, 05:09 PM
If its not to hot I will be bringing the Z06..

DustinsDuster
07-26-2011, 05:59 PM

what do you care if its hot? crank the A/C and pedal the hell out of that thing to a mid 11 at 86mph and watch all the ricer's freak.

LT1Dan
07-26-2011, 06:02 PM

Trying to get kicked out of all the tracks in Iowa?? lol

OldSkoolRCR
07-26-2011, 06:04 PM
I have not been down that track in 3 years, I will have to see it to beleve it.

It would be real cool to get everyone togather for that weekend, everyone from the site, all the shit talkers etc, but everyone says I will be there but come race day 2 of 10 show up.

allgo
07-26-2011, 06:12 PM
what do you care if its hot? crank the A/C and pedal the hell out of that thing to a mid 11 at 86mph and watch all the ricer's freak.
I just dont want to beat the shit out of my car in the 100 degree heat.. and yes the a/c would be cranking..If the weather is nice I will have my new skinnies on the front and hope to go 10 teens...then drive it home..

DustinsDuster
07-26-2011, 09:30 PM
i was making light of the fact that your car could outrun almost all the cars there, with all the comforts, drive home, and look better than most doing it. i might not be much for 'vettes- but i dig yours.

AutoMods
07-26-2011, 09:37 PM
problem with running when its hot out is you know your car will do better later in the year in cool weather so then you have to go later in the year to get a personal best. if you have weak parts like i do with my weak rear end, i don't like to waste passes running on a sub-par day.

now if my car had all the right bullet proof parts, i wouldn't mind going to the track 10 times a year

civicex_1134
07-27-2011, 11:13 AM
well shit, i hope to see everyone there as well. And Ed, your right, this invite is on a couple different forums and i have a lot of ppl sayin their gonna go, but come the day..... not half of them will show up. Shit, i might run the bone stock teggy!!!!! hahahahaha

Batwood
07-27-2011, 11:21 AM
well shit, i hope to see everyone there as well. And Ed, your right, this invite is on a couple different forums and i have a lot of ppl sayin their gonna go, but come the day..... not half of them will show up. Shit, i might run the bone stock teggy!!!!! hahahahaha

Hopefully there isn't a GOD DAMN HOLE in your radiator still.

civicex_1134
07-27-2011, 05:19 PM
nope, fixed lol

TbTalon94
07-28-2011, 02:11 PM
I woulnd't mind running my bone stock Genesis to get a baseline, then run it again at the end of the summer and see if i've improved much with boltons. Then really contemplating building the motor over the winter. Gonna be sweet to build a motor with less then 10k miles on it lol.

slo4cyl
07-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Gonna be sweet to build a motor with less then 10k miles on it lol.

My last one had 200 on it...

OldSkoolRCR
07-28-2011, 07:52 PM
You going Brent?

slo4cyl
07-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Yea I planned to, hopefully the weather gets a bit cooler by then.

OldSkoolRCR
07-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Yea I planned to, hopefully the weather gets a bit cooler by then.

Looking forward to you being there...bring you A game! I'll be bringing my 439whp pump gas car and see how well it can hang with your 550+whp turbo car.

civicex_1134
07-28-2011, 10:35 PM
^is that a call out? sure looks like one, lol. jkjk

slo4cyl
07-29-2011, 08:34 AM
Looking forward to you being there...bring you A game! I'll be bringing my 439whp pump gas car and see how well it can hang with your 550+whp turbo car.

So that means your going to be on motor then? Ill race you on motor at the track I know I don't have enough for your all out. Now on the street on the other hand, ill let you spray if you want :)

OldSkoolRCR
07-29-2011, 01:14 PM
So that means your going to be on motor then? Ill race you on motor at the track I know I don't have enough for your all out. Now on the street on the other hand, ill let you spray if you want :)

Trust me I will race you N/A at the track...you dont stand even a small chance, hope your car runs DAM GOOD!, and let me spray on the street. Funny you fools ever heard of N20 delays, so lets see my car runs 9.xx on n20 at the track comming on at WOT so if I delay it on the street it still runs high 9.xx. Dont always bank on the AWD factor. See ya @ TriSkate.

OldSkoolRCR
07-29-2011, 01:15 PM
^is that a call out? Sure looks like one, lol. Jkjk

dam straight!!!!!!

c_mart_28
07-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Ed I bet Brent has better than 11.0's in his setup.

And it'd take one heck of a road for you to run (the quivalent of) high 9's on the street..

FiFdYnUtZ
07-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Eds just talkin out of his ass against...he don't even have a delay setup anyway...he is just referencing my microedge he gave me Shit about buying that's going to help me clean his clock on the street

OldSkoolRCR
07-29-2011, 04:58 PM

And it'd take one heck of a road for you to run (the quivalent of) high 9's on the street..

We can do it before summers over, or I can meet U at the track I will spray and give U the hit...lol and I will put in the 100jets also.

As for Brent....Then he should have no problem whooping my ass...lol Bet $100 with me on the race...and take Brent! I think the heat is getting to you...lol But so did George's Talon, have better than 11.0s.... but we seen what his car ran, Im not saying it dont, BUT...That car will NEVER!!!!!!!!! run faster than 11.0s unless he put an Auto in it.... But then I think my car has faster than 11.0s in it also...U think? Fuck Im the underdog here, look what my junk made for HP 439WHP.

OldSkoolRCR
07-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Eds just talkin out of his ass against...he don't even have a delay setup anyway...he is just referencing my microedge he gave me Shit about buying that's going to help me clean his clock on the street

Fiddy you ding dong, U know dam well I can set my N20 up to delay, WTF are U talking about... Going to take more than Ur Microedge Jr. to clean my clock on the street. I waiting and ready.

OldSkoolRCR
07-29-2011, 05:11 PM

U going to the TriSkate event? Hopefully U are, we can have our race also, I will run U on motor since U can not run me N/A, but then we can run N20 to Boost! should be a good time Allgos takeing the Vette.

c_mart_28
07-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Nah i've sworn off racing August. Kinda like what Ryan said earlier, no sense in tempting my car into breaking for what amounts to no chance at a personal best.

I will be making at least one more trip this year to the track..hopefully in Sept/Oct with my proEFI up and running. I'm sure i'll throw up whatever date that happens to land on when I know.

civicex_1134
07-30-2011, 12:59 AM
glad to see everyone wants to go. Quick question tho, does anybody plan on meeting up at the marion wal-mart at 9am and driving up in a group? thought itd be kinda cool, if not no biggie. lmk

sparkles
07-31-2011, 07:28 PM
I waiting and ready.

Something else you and I have in common. I don't expect for him to do anything that internet bench race. Talks shit and then tucks tails and lets the excuses fly.

OldSkoolRCR
07-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Something else you and I have in common. I don't expect for him to do anything that internet bench race. Talks shit and then tucks tails and lets the excuses fly.

No we will race, Im just busy when he calls, And hes busy when I call him...

FiFdYnUtZ
07-31-2011, 08:22 PM
Hey BITCH I'm pretty sure you are the one ducking me...still waiting on a response in the other thread....ed and I are like family we aren't bench racing Shit...we just like to schedule unlike sparkles Mr. Name a single date and ask me to drive 2hrs...fuck that and fuck you...meet me halfway THIS Sunday and lets go for $100 minimum

StreetSweeper
07-31-2011, 10:54 PM
Yadda Yadda Yadda. Blacky is purrin like a kitten! Chekal you need to come to town on a sunday and race pops, that way dad will already have his car out and cant give me the BS excuses when i try to get him to get a lane with me on the street! I think his car just wont be able to sit in the same garage with mine all winter knowing it got doored ! lol

sparkles
08-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Hey BITCH I'm pretty sure you are the one ducking me...still waiting on a response in the other thread....ed and I are like family we aren't bench racing Shit...we just like to schedule unlike sparkles Mr. Name a single date and ask me to drive 2hrs...fuck that and fuck you...meet me halfway THIS Sunday and lets go for $100 minimum

OOO...getting a little butthurt are we? I haven't been ducking anything Princess. Yes, I'm aware you like to swing off of Ed, Joe, and George's nuts. Think I've been implying that for a while. I should have known you were too stupid to pick up on that fact. So your big bad street machine can't drive 2 hours but you'd have me drive 4 hours up to you? Yeah, not gonna happen. You're such a badass, why wouldn't you want to come down here? Easy stroll in the park according to you. $100 for gas money for an easy win? Sounds like a no brainer to me. I'm just rocking a 305 turd gen with an exhaust leak anyway. Easy money pumpkin. Let's see what the wave machine can do in unfamiliar territory. Bring your buddies. I've got a little list of people willing to come out and play a little. Show up early enough for fair time, and hell, I'll even buy ya a beer (provided you're old enough, lol). Sunday doesn't work for me, buddy. Against the Sabbath to work on a Sunday. Of coarse, it won't take much to work your azz ;)

sparkles
08-01-2011, 09:29 AM
you seriously are going to try to call me out on sidestepping because i cant race on YOUR terms, YOUR date, YOUR location...give me a fucking break..and for the love of god stop calling me your girlfriends pet names..

i never once claimed to be "king" of anything, you never answered my first question, and HOW MUCH FUCKING MONEY DO YOU WANT TO RACE FOR?!?

i think your getting a little to caught up in your witty quiffs and shit talking that you actually forgot what we were talking about...

if you still cant read

I CANT FUCKING RACE THE 13th....just like you cant race next weekend...so lets find something that works for both of us?

if we can round up a group to go to dsm some weekend i will gladly cruise up there...but if this is going to be another run around bullshit shittalk fest that ends in no racing then im obviously not going to waste my precious "mcdonalds" hours on driving to our shithole capital...

and just a note; you can make ONE big post and not six little ones...

This what you're referring too? Now you're butthurt about how I post? Glad to know how thin skinned you are, sweet pea. There ya go, you said it. Round up your guys and come on down. I'm doing the same down here.

Anyone got any issues with Aug 27th? The dirty cock handling boy can't make it the 13th and it was pointed out to me that's the date of the Ice Cream Cruise in Omaha anyway. I better make another stop and get my tune redone while I'm there from the sounds of it. Shit hole capitol, lol. Funny from a guy from Belle Plaine. Probably the #2 Cousin Fucking capitol of Iowa behind Winterset.

allgo
08-01-2011, 09:36 AM
I hope to be there. Would love to race tinynutz,the dude with the talon and the blue evo..might only get one race off since Ill get kicked out but the evo is the one who reallly wants a peice so I would love to race him there..

FiFdYnUtZ
08-01-2011, 11:03 AM
You need to lay off the princesses and pumpkins a little more and actually negotiate something worthwhile...I have no reason to go to you when your the one who called me out...your yet to even answer half of my questions

skipdownstairs
08-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Tell you guys what, since I don't know either of you how about you both pm the nights that you guys can make this work, I'll post it up in the morning so you can decide from there that way you cant call each other dodgers...
Also with all do respect if whoever called out, I think they should have to travel. The other thing if you guys want this bad enough both of you can set aside your chores and make this a priority, I myself would like to see the outcome of this.

FiFdYnUtZ
08-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Why don't we just do it at this tristate event?

AutoMods
08-01-2011, 02:41 PM
i agree with about everything andy said. also tristate would work

Jappbox
08-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Me and Jenn are going to bring the 370z up. We want to test the performace 100% stock and see how good we can do, she also wants to learn how to race.

sparkles
08-01-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm not making a track day of it. Especially the farthest track possible for me. Fuckstick over here wants to keep bringing my car into "not my car" related topics.

Btw sparkles why haven't any of us seen you OR your car since you have been on this site?
If you want to see me or my car, come the fuck down. I don't care. I don't make a habit out of traveling across the state to "show off" my "sub par" car to a D bag with a fresh out of HS mentality.

Then he wanted to start with the "oh yeah, my dog is bigger than your dog" argument.

and would put a dirty cock slapping on your pile of Shit on the street OR the track...

I just asked if he'd prove himself. Please note the use of the word "street". He wanted to start making the claims. I'm just simply stating he should put his money where his mouth is or shut the fuck up. Either way, it doesn't matter to me. I'd be nice to have the beer money though.

sparkles
08-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Fifdy-what questions?

skipdownstairs
08-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Me and Jenn are going to bring the 370z up. We want to test the performace 100% stock and see how good we can do, she also wants to learn how to race.

Thats cool Jessie bet she will be hooked! Sam my gf wants to give it a shot also not sure to what shes gna drive since I tore the trans out of the Nova might just turn the boost down in the Stang and let her try that

OldSkoolRCR
08-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Sparkles...Do you want to race Fiddy? or is all this just BS for the sake of arguement or internet drama? If you do want to do this race what dates are U avail, and where do you feel would be a equal spot for the race, what track do you go to if you go? EddyVille is closer to you I think but thats 1/8, I made the trip to DesMoines years ago with George, Allgo and a bunch of guys to street race met at the Sonice, what an absolute waste of time, nobody doing shit...anyway toss in $100 and lets get this done, or this will go on all winter...and everyone knows, if Allgo,George or me are not invloved, no topic goes all winter!!!...lol

sparkles
08-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Like I said, Aug 13th or the 27th. I wasn't looking for a track day. I'd like to get some guys from both sides to make it worth while to be honest. And yes, I'd LOVE to race Fifdy in my 20 year old, ancient technology, road coarse built car. That beings said, obviously it's never gonna happen. I'm not driving to CR, he's not driving here, and I'm sure the last thing any of us want to do is drive to the middle of a cornfield on Hwy 30 dodging deer. Meeting up in Marshalltown crossed my mind.

Deimos
08-01-2011, 07:01 PM
put 200 on the trip and meet somewhere

FiFdYnUtZ
08-01-2011, 08:02 PM
If we could bring a decent group and have a fun night of racing I'm not against driving a distance...13th is out for me...and I have no clue on the 27th...I'm not much for plans but my old lady has the lockdown on that lol...so, so far that will work for me

Batwood
08-01-2011, 08:07 PM
If we could bring a decent group and have a fun night of racing I'm not against driving a distance...13th is out for me...and I have no clue on the 27th...I'm not much for plans but my old lady has the lockdown on that lol...so, so far that will work for me

I'm down for a road trip.

sparkles
08-01-2011, 08:18 PM
I feel your pain. Probably the reason I've been married a few times.

Batwood
08-01-2011, 08:43 PM
I feel your pain. Probably the reason I've been married a few times.

Give it enough time and I'll bring a pos Rustang and race you too!
I'm not that good at shit talking though.

OldSkoolRCR
08-01-2011, 08:57 PM

Stay home the scene there is as boring as CR.

StreetSweeper
08-02-2011, 12:57 AM
I can make it on the 27th!! Lets gitt R done! Ill bring popcorn and a few cans of "Knowledge"!!!

civicex_1134
08-02-2011, 12:28 PM
lol, holy shit this thread got all hostile and shit..... makes me wanna hide under my barney covers!!! way too much for me......

StreetSweeper
08-02-2011, 01:16 PM
lol, holy shit this thread got all hostile and shit..... makes me wanna hide under my barney covers!!! way too much for me......

and put your power ranger under pants on!

Chase
08-02-2011, 06:17 PM
I'll probably be going.

civicex_1134
08-09-2011, 12:44 PM
ok, so track day is this sunday. Just tryin to figure out whos all goin FOR SURE!! Im also wonderin who all is going to be meetin up for a caravan, im making a list for the caravan on 1st page. Plz lmk either way, thx.

Dallas

McKeever
08-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Got the old Turbo Taco going again, so I plan on being there.

Batwood
08-09-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm coming. I've got a 6 speed Vette and a bad attitude. Sure to run mid-13s.

Deimos
08-09-2011, 09:40 PM
low 14's for sho

Batwood
08-09-2011, 10:10 PM
low 14's for sho

Nigga please!
Please let me run 13.99s or better.

Deimos
08-10-2011, 05:51 AM
lol ok

FiFdYnUtZ
08-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Any chance we could turn this into a kots contingency race day?

LT1Dan
08-10-2011, 09:16 AM

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of King of the STREETS?

FiFdYnUtZ
08-10-2011, 11:42 AM
from what i remember, it was prepped like highway 30 last time i was there anyway...and the REAL kots in the big cities are actually held at tracks that shut down and allow self prep and arm drops

LT1Dan
08-10-2011, 12:19 PM
from what i remember, it was prepped like highway 30 last time i was there anyway...and the REAL kots in the big cities are actually held at tracks that shut down and allow self prep and arm drops

I guess I thought the point of our kots was to try and liven up the CR street scene. Otherwise it's just a list of who beat who at the track.

FiFdYnUtZ
08-10-2011, 01:26 PM
True...it would stay between the "street" guys though...it was just a suggestion

LT1Dan
08-10-2011, 01:42 PM
I'm more or less playing devils advocate since I won't be there but I think any position races should happen on the street.

AutoMods
08-10-2011, 01:54 PM
dan likes it the illegal way. i tried to introduce him to some easy lady friends of mine and he said he prefers hookers.

LT1Dan
08-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Everything is more fun when you know it's against the rules.

OldSkoolRCR
08-10-2011, 06:47 PM

U going I hear theres gonna be a showdown!

FiFdYnUtZ
08-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Ill be there with clippers and a lane with your name on it...well actually allisons

snickerlicker
08-11-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm coming. I've got a 6 speed Vette and a bad attitude. Sure to run mid-13s.

Not a chance if it's stock, not a chance with bolt-ons either. Had one brand new, they are SLOW.....

Batwood
08-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Not a chance if it's stock, not a chance with bolt-ons either. Had one brand new, they are SLOW.....

Dude, its a Vette. I thought they were all fast?

Haha... has cat-back exhaust. Thats it. I bet it goes at least high 13s. Its not fast, but its decent for only having 245 crank hp.

StreetSweeper
08-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Ill be there with clippers and a lane with your name on it...well actually allisons

I kind of need a hair cut!

OldSkoolRCR
08-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Did we not go through this BS once already, bring my signed $1.00 damit...lol I suppose I will turn up the wick a bit for you again...

Chase
08-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Im still waiting for access to the Street Heat section by the way. I PM'd you Fiddy but it was to no avail.

Chase
08-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Dude, its a Vette. I thought they were all fast?

Haha... has cat-back exhaust. Thats it. I bet it goes at least high 13s. Its not fast, but its decent for only having 245 crank hp.

My dads old 89 ran mid/low 14's and it was automatic. I'd bet you'll see 13's.

allgo
08-11-2011, 05:08 PM
I ll take the bet right now...small 5 dollar bet says it wont get into the 13s...

FiFdYnUtZ
08-11-2011, 05:28 PM
I will see your 5 dollars just for the sake of betting..

Batwood
08-11-2011, 08:58 PM
I will see your 5 dollars just for the sake of betting..

Lol... shit is getting real.

It crept away from a Trailblazer SS on the highway and can take my buddy's LS4 Impala SS.
If I can manage to get a decent 60', I think a 13.90 is possible.

civicex_1134
08-11-2011, 09:28 PM
ill take that bet.... $5? why not

69decvr
08-13-2011, 01:20 AM
If I get my converter changed, I should be there

Batwood
08-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Awesome day... awesome turnout.
Pretty ridiculous ride home though... ha.

Best pass was a 13.735@102.09 on a 2.0 60' mildly heatsoaked.
Made 2 13.7 passes, 2 13.80s and a couple 14s.

Somebody owes somebody $5!!

AutoMods
08-14-2011, 08:08 PM
cool. pretty good for an old vette. what did everyone run as far as brent, joe, ed, george, josh, tyler , dallas etc ???

Deimos
08-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Brent did decent, I never did see who bought steak at texas roadhouse...

Batwood
08-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Dallas didn't run, Brent made a 12.1 with a 1.5 60'.
Josh ran a 13.7@97 or something.... so I'm definitely gonna have to challenge his place as KOTS. ha. Some weight reduction and race gas should give me a couple extra tenths.

I'm sure George, Ed, and Chekal will chime in with what they ran. I hear Ed bought dinner though!

StreetSweeper
08-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Blacky was running the same numbers it allways does on motor. made three 11.00 passes! Left the bottles in the hauler and kept blacky out of the wall! Video of our results to come.

AutoMods
08-14-2011, 10:07 PM
Left the bottles in the hauler

when you going to set your car up for free unlimited bottles?

http://www.gt3turbo.com/Merchant/images/P/Ball%20Bearing%20Garrett%20GT4508R%20(aka%20GT45R)-01.gif

StreetSweeper
08-14-2011, 10:20 PM
When i can afford it! I just baught a Harley not to long ago, and im going to be picking up another trailor here in the near future, along with some other family things that are in the works! It will get done just not tonight or tommorow!

Chase
08-15-2011, 11:54 AM
I ran 13.1 @112mph. 2.5 60'. Needless to say Im terrible :).

It was fun though.

AutoMods
08-15-2011, 12:01 PM
13.1 thats not bad for a 240sx. I thought josh beat kitch , should josh be in the 12's?

Ricky
08-15-2011, 12:09 PM
13.7 in a STI... looks like i should through my old ecu map back on my car and run him :)

Batwood
08-15-2011, 12:47 PM
13.1 thats not bad for a 240sx. I thought josh beat kitch , should josh be in the 12's?

I was told the previous owner went 12.8.
Josh beat Kitch from a roll I think? Lost from a dig?

Lack of driver mod?

Ricky
08-15-2011, 02:55 PM
if he gets a Wide Band A/F guage i do some tunning for him. then he should have 12's

bonesaw53
08-15-2011, 03:08 PM
ran an 11.1 at 137 with a 1.7 60' against eddy b. and fastest trap was a 139 at 11.43 and 2.00'. had a lot of fun and will go again to get my 10s time slip. need to figure out the boost issue I was having and replace my ac compressor that took a shit on the last run.

Batwood
08-15-2011, 04:13 PM
ran an 11.1 at 137 with a 1.7 60' against eddy b. and fastest trap was a 139 at 11.43 and 2.00'. had a lot of fun and will go again to get my 10s time slip. need to figure out the boost issue I was having and replace my ac compressor that took a shit on the last run.

139 is haulin balls.
James said you picked up like 40mph in the back half?
I never saw your slips.

I just looked... the Vette gained 24mph. Even that seems high...

Xboosted23X
08-15-2011, 04:28 PM
most turbo cars pick up 30 mph on the back end. so 40 would be very nice.

TbTalon94
08-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Get any video of your runs Logan besides the EddyB one?

Jappbox
08-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Logans, 1/8 mph is low cause hes spinning those dunlaps past the 60' mark, thats why hes going 39mph in the back half. some drag radials or slicks will drop it to a 10.5 car easy, but then youll start breaking more stuff! we made 2 passes in the 370z, one together with jenn driving and I made a solo pass, left at 2k off the brake car needs to leave at 3-3500rpm but its a Auto with no launch control. still a 2.18 60" ran 13.8@104 bone stock with nitrogen in the tires LOL

AutoMods
08-15-2011, 04:41 PM

holy crap, i thought you were just another 35r evo but those trap speeds are great. you should run allgo. i'd run you but I need some better street tires first

Jappbox
08-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Ryan its a HTA86 with stock head with cams and springs, 2.3L His boost was still low on 3rd gear i was trying to fix it so he ran his 38psi the whole run to get his 140 trap

JacobS
08-15-2011, 07:39 PM

wtf were you running the ac going down the track!?! haha

bonesaw53
08-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Haha no but I was thinking about it and the ac was making a ticking noise for a while now. Must have gotten too hot at the track and boom roasted. Brian I'll show you the slips sometime this week but yep +39 mph i'n the back half. Looking forward to going at least one more time this year. Fix boost and make a 10s pass. I'll be happy.

Jappbox
08-15-2011, 08:45 PM
you know come to think of it, AEM likes to turn some Random AC thing on, happend to my Evo on the dyno started "ticking" Me and Martin at ams had to figure out why it just randomly turned something on. I bet that was it, and i didnt know it had been ticking, after time it would cause it to lock up... I was in the AEM to you should have told me about the Tick!! LOL

Deimos
08-15-2011, 08:51 PM
man I wann send you this aem of my friend they have an aftermarket turbo done horribly bad and the car has cut wires to the aem and it runs better with the IAC unplugged. I tried to refer it to you Jesse cuz lets face ain't my thing...

Jappbox
08-15-2011, 08:55 PM
I really dont like working on other peoples stuff, Ive even had to have logan just go to AMS a few times cause ive been so busy this summer, This winter I might be a little more free to do more stuff, but that AEM with Wire issues sounds like a nightmare. Ive noticed with AEM each platform has its little glitches, even my viper has a few.

Deimos
08-15-2011, 08:57 PM
not my thing

bonesaw53
08-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Jesse, sorry I didn't think of it. Only made the noise when I turned on the ac but was very loud when it was on. When I turned the car on after the last pass it would shoot metal shavings out of the area of the compressor. even kill the motor on idle 2 times. So it was completely seized. Wonder if it had any effects on my passes. but none the less looking forward to taking it off and seeing how bad it was on the interior of the part. has to look like hell.

AutoMods
08-15-2011, 10:35 PM
am i wrong or should your car be mid 10's with those kind of trap speeds though??

StreetSweeper
08-15-2011, 11:06 PM
140 mph is actually plenty good enough to run 9s beings blacky has been 9.80s @ 135.. but of course thats with 1.39 60 ft times. So you cant really compare his car to mine though. I have allso been fastest of 10.62 @ 125 on motor, witch my car runs consistant 11.00s a high 10.90 on a good day @ 126 on the motor. Being set up to run on the Jug really kills blackys N/A Times, converter is so tight it will even bog down of the T-break on motor. The blue car has easy 10.50s with some 1.5's 60 ft times and good 1-2 shifts with that kind of trap speeds.

Generally a good runnning car should back half atleast 30 mph.

bonesaw53
08-15-2011, 11:57 PM
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff184/bonesaw53/?action=view&current=evodrag2.mp4 first was the fastest pass of the day. 11.1 second I dont know off hand what it was.

slo4cyl
08-17-2011, 07:22 PM
My car pulled a 1.58 60' off the trailer and ran like shit to a 12.1@96. I swapped coils and turned the boost down to try and fix my miss fire and the 3rd pass went a 11.8@120 still missing with a 1.6 60'. I'm trying a few different things to try and correct my miss, hope its a simple fix, but I can't wait to back to the track and turn the boost up to see what it really has in it!

Xboosted23X
08-17-2011, 10:36 PM
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff184/bonesaw53/?action=view&current=evodrag2.mp4 first was the fastest pass of the day. 11.1 second I dont know off hand what it was.

you know your camera was backwards?