PDA

View Full Version : my radiator cap and my rob palmer shootout disqualification

AutoMods
07-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Well I've driven my car on the street for a while now with my new radiator cap. It turns out my ricer radiator cap with built in temp gauge was the problem. not the radiator filler neck. the leak popped up briefly a week before the shootout and kind of stopped a couple days before the shootout so even though a rad cap was on my 'to do' list, I didn't make time to put a new one on before the shootout.

$10 part cost me

Would've like to line up against ed to see what his car really had in it that day. that and a close race againt Casey would've been cool.

DustinsDuster
07-18-2011, 07:27 PM
and the curse of rice costs yet another dearly.

Drifte
07-18-2011, 07:59 PM
You want me to black bar it in the signature for being inappropriate lol.

c_mart_28
07-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah honestly our race would be a nailbiter..

I'd just have to be darn sure my 60' was somewhere in the 1.4x range and that I didn't miss any shifts.

On a side note, after 4 months or so my proefi harness is finally done and paid for. Should add a few nice features to the mix!

Domestic Disturbance
07-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Mr Ryan, step into my office. I believe theirs a crazy kid with a sprayer ready to prep a street for you and eddyB!

Let us know what time works best for you and we'll set up an appointment:cool:

Batwood
07-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Mr Ryan, step into my office. I believe theirs a crazy kid with a sprayer ready to prep a street for you and eddyB!

Let us know what time works best for you and we'll set up an appointment:cool:

That would be sick. I wanna watch!

OldSkoolRCR
07-20-2011, 07:48 PM
Would've like to line up against ed to see what his car really had in it that day.

Tracks are still OPEN! Dont be Shy...lol

AutoMods
07-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Tracks are still OPEN! Dont be Shy...lol

i might run again late this year. though i feel like i'm pushing my luck running 600whp to 7000 rpm's on a non forged motor.

boxmakingman
07-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Those rad caps all leak, have yet to see one that didnt fail, including mine.

slow ride
07-22-2011, 09:38 AM
If you want more torque and power you could also get it by forging the stock block and a quality aftermarket head. Small cc heads and bump the compression it will build more power/spool down low from both those additions. Since you are running e85 I think you can get away with the added compression.

i might run again late this year. though i feel like i'm pushing my luck running 600whp to 7000 rpm's on a non forged motor.