PDA

View Full Version : cuz i can

sLoWnStEaDy
07-17-2011, 09:56 AM
i sold the quest yesterday morning so i decided to pick up something else today. It's my first Chevy project, 1986 Monte Carlo SS. Black exterior, maroon interior, T-Tops, 4bolt main 350 swapped in with just headers and a edelbrock carb.

Skye loves body work and this thing is SOLID but covered with little dents/dings so, perfect for her to play with. Just goung to throw an intake on it, do the body work and throw some satin black on it. I'll throw some picks up when i get home later today.

AutoMods
07-17-2011, 10:50 AM
congrats on another new car. didn't take you long at all. does it run. yea throw those pics up

i'd like to buy another project but i force myself not to, not enough time. i'd like to do a fb rx7 with a sbc or a 5.3 and some nitrous, auto.....cheap and light

sLoWnStEaDy
07-17-2011, 12:03 PM
congrats on another new car. didn't take you long at all. does it run. yea throw those pics up

i'd like to buy another project but i force myself not to, not enough time. i'd like to do a fb rx7 with a sbc or a 5.3 and some nitrous, auto.....cheap and light

yeah, runs and drives great. Not sure on the engine/trans mileage but the chassis is at 100521. I have been wanting to do an LSx build and the thought has crossed my mind already on this one but, highly unlikely as of right now.

Charlie, for once in you life, you are right. If i only cared about goinng fast and focused all of my attention on a single car... I've said numerous times, i am not all about just going fast. I like a ton of different cars and i want to experience as many as i can. For comparison, I go on like 5-6 little vacations a year that cost probably $2k/ea rather than going on one really long $10k vacation..

sLoWnStEaDy
07-17-2011, 02:30 PM
you're such a fag... Not that you really care but I dont really have any stories to share, me my son and the wifey just go on little trips, camping, fishing, hiking, that kind of stuff. Went to Colorado a few weeks ago for 4 days, camped at Rocky Mountain National Park, hiked, climbed, fished etc... then headed home.

FiFdYnUtZ
07-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Lmao you want a cookie? Charlie is win.

Domestic Disturbance
07-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Ya multiple projects sucks. I have 3 and am getting nothing done with any.

Clinical
07-17-2011, 03:20 PM
i have car add

sparkles
07-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Not jumping on the bandwagon, but damn. I've got 5 vehicles. I can only drive 1 at a time. And with the addition of buying a brand spanking new car, I've had an issue come up that I'm real curious on what you do about it. Insurance. For me, it's getting ridiculous to insure everything I have with as little as they get driven, even with having low rates. Honestly, do you insure everything you have? Do you drive your agent nuts calling him every 2 weeks to switch policies?

sLoWnStEaDy
07-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Not jumping on the bandwagon, but damn. I've got 5 vehicles. I can only drive 1 at a time. And with the addition of buying a brand spanking new car, I've had an issue come up that I'm real curious on what you do about it. Insurance. For me, it's getting ridiculous to insure everything I have with as little as they get driven, even with having low rates. Honestly, do you insure everything you have? Do you drive your agent nuts calling him every 2 weeks to switch policies?

i keep liability on pretty much every car, through State Farm it runs me about $20 per car. I have been with them for like 10 years and get a few discounts. I only insure the cars i actually plan to keep around for the most part. State Farm also has a thing where any car i buy is automatically covered for 2 weeks from the date of purchase.

sLoWnStEaDy
07-17-2011, 05:03 PM
the turd...

Domestic Disturbance
07-17-2011, 05:23 PM
You're gonna flat black that? Paint looks pretty good as is. Nice car

Krumm
07-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Went to Colorado a few weeks ago for 4 days, camped at Rocky Mountain National Park, hiked, climbed, fished etc... then headed home.

headed there this weekend to do basically the same thing.

and i may be the only one here but i think your car ADD is awesome. Im the same way, but my life doesn't allow toys anymore. all my money gets dumped back into the business for new/better tools/equipment.

sLoWnStEaDy
07-17-2011, 05:39 PM
paint itself isn't horrible but the car is covered in dents/dings and has horrible touch-up jobs that were done with the little brushes...

I am pretty lucky, i had to drop like $2k on a sprayer, brushes, ladders, and other misc. Painting equipment a couple years ago and it has all lasted and worked great. Except brushes of course, i spend like $300-$500 a year on brushes/rollers.

clutchmuch
07-17-2011, 06:13 PM
the turd...

Looks good:) I like 80's montes.

tylers88
07-17-2011, 07:29 PM
That's why you have a fast car and he doesn't. He can't focus on a single project long enough to accomplish anything with it. Slownsteady has car ADD and sucks at life.

Ereryone bitches about him being a dickhead, yet in 95% of his threads people are tearing into him, maybe there is a corolation. On topic I love those Montes

Clinical
07-17-2011, 07:57 PM
and i may be the only one here but i think your car ADD is awesome.
I will say, car ADD is pretty fun till you look back and think of how awesome you could of made something by now if you had stuck with it.

AutoMods
07-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Ereryone bitches about him being a dickhead, yet in 95% of his threads people are tearing into him, maybe there is a corolation. On topic I love those Montes

i don't think anyone said Kieth was a dickhead or mean just a few people have questioned the truth on some of his posts. ohh and people give him crap for not finishing stuff and buying selling cars all the time. not my words, just repeating.

i like the title of this thread 'cuz i can' .

LT1Dan
07-17-2011, 08:17 PM
86 RX7 N/A poop mobile.

I thought you sold Keiths RX7.

Back on topic, I want to like those style Montes, but....I just can't. Especially with the t-tops. I immediately think "white trash" and "trailer park". And I own a t-top Camaro. lol And my parents had an '86 (?) Monte SS back in the day.

BTW, those adjectives aren't directed at you, Keith. Those cars just aren't my thing.

sLoWnStEaDy
07-17-2011, 08:19 PM
i don't think anyone said Kieth was a dickhead or mean just a few people have questioned the truth on some of his posts. ohh and people give him crap for not finishing stuff and buying selling cars all the time. not my words, just repeating.

i like the title of this thread 'cuz i can' .

i think he was refering to charlie, only people on here (to the best of my knowledge) that dont "like me" is charlie, fifdy and stutz. I hope no one thinks i am a dickhead or mean as i try my best to show everyone respect, even the few jackasses that fuck up all of my threads.

As for the title of the thread, didnt know what else to title it. People always ask me why i go through so many cars and i say "because i can". I had an offer on the Monte already, almost double what i paid. Said no for now cuz i want to tinker with it for a while first but to check back in a few weeks. LOL

Domestic Disturbance
07-18-2011, 01:01 AM
My personal favorite in those years is a clean non SS. Apples car for instance is gorgeous.

clutchmuch
07-18-2011, 06:15 AM
Jesus clutch, why don't you just have sex with him you dirty cock gobler.

It was magical. Glad to see your twelfth birthday is coming up in August. Ill be sure to get you one of those battery powered toy cars so you can ride around and feel like your somewhat wanted by anyone on this forum.

Drifte
07-18-2011, 07:06 AM
damn. I liked the mitsu.

allgo
07-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Montes=ugly as fuck grand nationals=sweet sex..

85XR7Project
07-18-2011, 07:46 AM
I will say, car ADD is pretty fun till you look back and think of how awesome you could of made something by now if you had stuck with it.

That ain't a lie... I coulda had a few I should have kept...

black88gt
07-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Montes=ugly as fuck grand nationals=sweet sex..

this.

montes are easily the ugliest of the g bodies

sLoWnStEaDy
07-18-2011, 08:55 AM
damn. I liked the mitsu.

i am sure there will be updates on it still. My brother-in-law bought it and i will still be working on it for him.

sLoWnStEaDy
07-18-2011, 10:00 AM
I don't think you're a dickhead or mean at all.. I just think you're a MORON! And a liar.

and I think you are some punk ass high school kid or one really sorry excuse for a "man" if you aren't 16. I bet you are the kind of guy that *67's people and talks shit too. probably living off your parents, pissed that I waste more money on my "junk cars" than you make at your minimum wage job. only thing more pussy than talking shit on the internet is making up another screen name so you can talk shit.

sLoWnStEaDy
07-18-2011, 01:05 PM
You mad bro?

no, not mad at all. You told me what you think of me, i told you what i think of you.

tylers88
07-18-2011, 07:36 PM
No you dumbshit, he's saying the reason you're a dickhead is probably because everyone is always tearing into you/giving you shit. And for once keith I actually agree with you. I don't think you're a dickhead or mean at all.. I just think you're a MORON! And a liar.

Congrats on the new car, it looks like shit.

I didn't say he's a dickhead but I am saying you are

SaNdMaNsSi
07-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Ashley said my peepee is bigger than your peepee..

So, this is just a troll, now?

DustinsDuster
07-23-2011, 11:06 AM
I thought you sold Keiths RX7.

Back on topic, I want to like those style Montes, but....I just can't.

me too. but Apples' car won me over. sneaky too- i didnt realized how much i loved it for the longest time.

My personal favorite in those years is a clean non SS. Apples car for instance is gorgeous.

10 points!