PDA

View Full Version : IAF Dyno day?

AutoMods
07-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Any interest in an IAF dyno day this year? if so just reply. and if you need an awd dyno say so.

Clinical
07-12-2011, 09:36 AM
i'd be down

probegt
07-12-2011, 09:54 AM
need awd dyno!

Phish
07-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Would depend on when it went down, but if i can get my motor figured out by then, yes i would be in

slo4cyl
07-12-2011, 10:52 AM
I'd go again to try and protect my title :)

Sleeping
07-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Id go.

CiviC_boY
07-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Blackwidow in Center Point has a import dyno day its only 2wd drive though i belive

AutoMods
07-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Blackwidow in Center Point has a import dyno day its only 2wd drive though i belive

when is it?

I'd go again to try and protect my title

hope your making more power :)

Drifte
07-12-2011, 12:32 PM
If I go I more than likely keep my title too. Lowest hp of the day :/

slo4cyl
07-12-2011, 02:24 PM
hope your making more power :)

Me to

TbTalon94
07-12-2011, 03:15 PM
I'd go not to blackwidow though. He owes me $1,800

c_mart_28
07-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Wrenches in Des Moines could be an option. I know its a drive but Kelly here can be pretty accomidating.

I'd show up. Just to set the bar unreachably high :)

AutoMods
07-12-2011, 03:41 PM
i'd like to see that casey, has the number changed much?

ashanson
07-12-2011, 05:28 PM
I'd be in for this depending on the date. I've been meaning to get to a dyno anyway.

c_mart_28
07-12-2011, 06:12 PM
i'd like to see that casey, has the number changed much?

No. If anything its probably making less power due to just being another year and several death launches older..

CiviC_boY
07-12-2011, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=ImportEvolution;167257]when is it?

Not sure.. i could call and ask. it 75 for 3 pulls

Domestic Disturbance
07-12-2011, 11:34 PM
I'd be down

Phish
07-13-2011, 05:58 AM
Hmmm... HP per liter could be interesting if i end up doing the rebuild in time. Then it would put me in the compitition for sure :-)

Ricky
07-13-2011, 07:40 AM
I dont want to use 3rd gear then i might be down. AWD

TbTalon94
07-13-2011, 07:54 AM
You could dyno in 4th Eric. Your hp/tq numbers would be higher too.

AutoMods
07-13-2011, 08:13 AM
trent kept saying his dyno #'s do not change in 3rd or 4th. we should dyno later in the year, let it cool down. late september

Phish
07-13-2011, 08:18 AM
It all depends on how the dyno is reading RPM. I know when we had the tuning session at Black Widow they were reading RPM by going off the drums. Thus, the cars had to be in whatever gear was 1:1. Kinda made me think its a little sketchy but whatever. All pays works the same when your shit breaks on it anyway.

TbTalon94
07-13-2011, 08:18 AM
That is a lie. The car is more loaded in a higher gear with a lower then 1:1 ratio.

The only way for the numbers not to change would be for him to decrease the dynamic load on the rollers...which i know he did not do from car to car.

AutoMods
07-13-2011, 08:46 AM
i guess he didn't say exactly the same but he told me an example of a car they tested and the #'s were pretty close like around 5whp difference iirc

Xboosted23X
07-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Id like to put mine on the dyno. AWD is needed. I hope to make stock hp.

slo4cyl
07-13-2011, 04:43 PM
That is a lie. The car is more loaded in a higher gear with a lower then 1:1 ratio.

The only way for the numbers not to change would be for him to decrease the dynamic load on the rollers...which i know he did not do from car to car.

Well 4th and lower gears wouldnt be lower than a 1:1 that would be overdrive and I don't think Trent can change the load on his dyno

LT1Dan
07-13-2011, 04:52 PM
I'll be keeping an eye on this to see what gets planned. I'll go if my car runs...I've said that too many times.

boostedsohc
07-14-2011, 11:52 PM
trent kept saying his dyno #'s do not change in 3rd or 4th. we should dyno later in the year, let it cool down. late september

trent is a idiot tho.

id be down as long as it wasnt at rev hard.
wrenches dyno is only fwd i believe.

AutoMods
07-15-2011, 12:08 AM
trent has the only awd dyno close enough that i'd be willing to drive to. I do have a wrenches gift certificate I wouldn't mind using

Domestic Disturbance
07-15-2011, 02:19 AM
So many awd queers. I'd like to go to wrenches but that'd suck leaving people out

TbTalon94
07-15-2011, 06:27 AM
I'm not awd anymore :)

Phish
07-15-2011, 07:26 AM
Wrenches would be a quick easy way to get it done. Iam pretty sure Kelly would cut a deal with a large group just doing pulls like that. However, i would nt want to be the one tellig hte AWD guys that they cant come play on the dyno also.

icwicked
07-15-2011, 04:47 PM
ya i would want to go, but being AWD makes it so we could only goto one place.. and no thank u

Clinical
07-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Yeah last place I want to set a foot in is that place.

Domestic Disturbance
07-15-2011, 06:39 PM
So then awd guys are out period then? I think that leaves maybe 2 that would be willing to go to the only close awd dyno

Sleeping
07-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Whats deal with not wanting to use trents dyno? I mean I don't really care but its a awd dyno and if the rates right whats the big deal your not getting any work done or anything?

icwicked
07-15-2011, 11:35 PM
its not really a big deal but when i have left with my car broke and not happy, why would i want to return?

boostedsohc
07-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Whats deal with not wanting to use trents dyno? I mean I don't really care but its a awd dyno and if the rates right whats the big deal your not getting any work done or anything?

trent has done me wrong in the past and done my friends wrong. tried to steal shit out of my car. so why the hell would i want to help give him buiseness. he'd be making a lot of money if we all went. and fuck that

drfast4ward
07-18-2011, 09:29 AM
two sides to every story and i am not going to get into it on the internet, you people wanna believe what ever you believe your talking about a used coupler that gets missplaced then reused give me a break... half the couplers on your car were rubber not silicone, most got thrown away, but whatever makes you feel better... and as the stories bet blown up, icwicked car left because of a faulty clutch fork broke and as the story goes the clutch was put in backwards Please!!!!! and mammamia you keep on nuthugging... man up or shut the fuck up not one of you have an honest claim here.. its sickening how the lies grow, i have done more than help you all out when needed at discounted prices. live and learn, and I appologies to anyone who feels affended. and for you guys that have a problem feel free to step up and talk to me in person, where it can get settled without the internet bullshit.

boostedsohc
07-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Actually Trent none of tge couplers on ny car at the time were rubber. You did not replace any of my couplers at that point. Your thinkingof the time and turbo setup before! And by misplaced to you mean on another car in your shop? I never brought it up that day I saw it because I wasn't about to accuse you of stealing right before you tuned my car. But when I returned to pick my car up you had that coupler on your desk and it was no longer on that car! It's not the point if it was used new or junk. It was taken out of my car! And you had charged brad $40 for a coupler that was the exact same size. At that point I told myself I'd never go back or tell people they should go there either. And as far as todds car is concerned. You installed the twin disk wrong. Put one the of disks in backwards causing the spline to be halfway stripped. Maybe that's why the clutch started slipping when you were out doing 4th gear pulls in a customers car without there permission to be out beating on it? You probay got 30k out of Todd and either car worked properly when it left your shop. The tranny oil cooler that you had mounted up with zip ties was a fucking joke too!

sparkles
07-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Sooooo....yeah. Wrenches then? I will be there.

drfast4ward
07-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Actually Trent none of tge couplers on ny car at the time were rubber. You did not replace any of my couplers at that point. Your thinkingof the time and turbo setup before! And by misplaced to you mean on another car in your shop? I never brought it up that day I saw it because I wasn't about to accuse you of stealing right before you tuned my car. But when I returned to pick my car up you had that coupler on your desk and it was no longer on that car! It's not the point if it was used new or junk. It was taken out of my car! And you had charged brad $40 for a coupler that was the exact same size. At that point I told myself I'd never go back or tell people they should go there either. And as far as todds car is concerned. You installed the twin disk wrong. Put one the of disks in backwards causing the spline to be halfway stripped. Maybe that's why the clutch started slipping when you were out doing 4th gear pulls in a customers car without there permission to be out beating on it? You probay got 30k out of Todd and either car worked properly when it left your shop. The tranny oil cooler that you had mounted up with zip ties was a fucking joke too!

things will never get resolved over the internet. If these things were true, all any of you had to do is bring it to my attention and i would of gladly taken care of it. The way you handle it was wrong.. shit happens mistakes happen, I dont steal I hate thieves. mechanics make mistakes, but if they are not brought to my attention I cannot resolve the issues.

Clinical
07-18-2011, 03:32 PM
two sides to every story and i am not going to get into it on the internet, you people wanna believe what ever you believe your talking about a used coupler that gets missplaced then reused give me a break... half the couplers on your car were rubber not silicone, most got thrown away, but whatever makes you feel better... and as the stories bet blown up, icwicked car left because of a faulty clutch fork broke and as the story goes the clutch was put in backwards Please!!!!! and mammamia you keep on nuthugging... man up or shut the fuck up not one of you have an honest claim here.. its sickening how the lies grow, i have done more than help you all out when needed at discounted prices. live and learn, and I appologies to anyone who feels affended. and for you guys that have a problem feel free to step up and talk to me in person, where it can get settled without the internet bullshit.

There's a difference between nuthugging and seeing plenty of evidence first hand.
I personally am simply lucky enough that I've never given you a dime of my money, even though I've been to your shop a few times now.
One of best things is how much your story bounced when we came up to icwickeds car.
icwicked's civic was bad enough, but then this car. You put in a fucking clutch disc backwards and were doing high speed pulls and it started slipping. So much for that $1k twin disc?
You fucking gouge customers at any chance you can, because that's how bad you need the business apparantly? When we came up to get the catchcan and injectors, the catchcan you were selling to us was off a 2g DSM out there and the kid who owned it happened to come in at that time and caught you redhanded. You said you were going to make him a better one, he said he didn't want another one. Yeah, you must hate thieves.
Its funny how tarnished your name is as it is, I just looked at a 92 awd talon on the QC craigslist 2 weeks ago, and was talking with the guy after looking at it and you got brought up and he was taken aback and told me how a friend of his had a DSM that left there 5x as fucked as when it came in. Yeah it's just heresay, but it just goes to prove the image that we all have.

As for there being two sides to every story, sure there are. However from the previous threads on this forum that have had confrontations about you - your support on here is pretty slim too since many people here remember you in Cedar Rapids being the same damn way.

Lets not forget about the fun on facebook, i'll repost it just for laughs. It was good stuff, it's a shame you deleted your comment so fast after you posted it. Edited content to make it a bit more readable for people who dont know names.

Trent:

"listen here fuckleberry [boostedsohc] he took the car before we could track down the oil leak, which was what we were doing when he came to get it, I have always called to tell you guys when something needed done. and you bitch and complain cause it cost so much. fact of the matter is the car wasnt finished you chose not to spend the money to fix it. the clutch fork broke in the procces of finding the oil leak i called to keep customer informed. you guys want to make maximum hp with min. money. [icwicked] has spent good money on his car but through the proccess needed to spend more which on any build problems do arise specially on big hp 4 cylinders."

Boostedsohc's response that trent never replied to

alright trent lets start with that last time my car was at your shop. i took it there for a tune. the rear main was bad on it and you said it would be 350+ dollars to fix it. i picked it up on fri to take it home and fix it instead of payin... you to. it cost me $10 in one part. took it back on monday. had already paid for the tune which was $350. while i had the car back i noticed a coupler was missing from the car. when i dropped it back off i asked about it and you said you didnt know where it was but would look for it. after that was said i walked around the shop and guess what i see? my coupler on another car. i decided not to say anything untill i picked the car back up. well when i came back oh you had it said it must of got kicked out of the car since it was on the floor. which was bulshit. but i am not one to make a scene so i let it go and from that moment forward i told myself my car would never go back to that shop. and then also i was charged a extra $100 for you to finish the tune. which i wouldnt have had to pay i bet if i let you fix my car for way to much money. and on to todds car(s). the civic took you over a fucking year. nothing but problems and like always you blamed it on someone else. which yes some of it was another place's fault. but all the head lift was yours. soon as it went to chicago they took the head off and it was not flat and they had it fixed in a weak. the the car had other issues. now onto the laser. [icwicked] buys the car. clutch slips like a mofo. which i did before he bought it and you said it was fixed. idk that whole story but anyways.[icwicked] buys a new 1k clutch and turbo ect. you tune it [icwicked] goes to get it and its spewing oil all over the place. wtf is up with that? [icwicked] then leaves the car AGAIN. you take the clutch off and replace the rear main. you then put the clutch on WRONG. one of the disk's were on fucking backwards. then you take it out on the highway and do 3rd and 4th gear pulls. which is bulshit. why are you taking a customers car out and beating on it without asking? then you say the clutch is slipping in the top of 4th gear. wanna know why? cause when you put the clutch in backwards the shaft didnt go all the way through the clutch and it stripped the spines out of the clutch disk so only one disk was getting used. then the clutch fork breaks. [icwicked] goes to get it thank god. **** fixes your fuck up on the clutch. [icwicked] takes it out that night and next thing you know the oil cooler is dragging on the ground. prolly cause you did a shitty job mounting it. and its leaking oil from somewhere. so everything [icwicked] has done with cars with you has turned into shit! and honestly who uses the word fuckleberry? and why did you delete your comment? maybe cause it doesnt look good as a buiseness owner to talk like that? and who said i wanted to make maximum hp with min money? yeah i did a cheap setup before. wasnt expecting 700whp. when my car makes plenty of power with the new setup on less then half the money you charged [icwicked] for a bunch of BS then we will talk.

And now for the record, apparantly the go fast for minimal money works for boostedsohc so far. Considering the car runs fantastic and has about 30k on the block now, and is a force to be reckoned with.
There's a difference between putting a lot of money into a car and actually doing it right.

lol...fuckleberry..

JustinS
07-18-2011, 04:45 PM
If I had a car worth taking to the dyno, theres not a chance in hell I'd take it to RevHard or any shop Trent works at. His fab 'skills' are telling enough of the business that he runs.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo239/sbrar-15/6e17fef0.jpg
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo239/sbrar-15/a0a56961.jpg

Not to mention I've seen body kits (circa 2004) his shop has installed....with fucking wood screws lol.

JacobS
07-27-2011, 02:43 PM
looks like wrenches is a no go, supposedly they are closing their shop as of friday. i dont know any other details.

AutoMods
07-27-2011, 02:51 PM
wtf , I have a wrenches gift certificate !!!!

boostedsohc
07-27-2011, 03:08 PM
wtf , I have a wrenches gift certificate !!!!

better go today then! haha.

i wanna know more about why there closing.

c_mart_28
07-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Uh. What?

sparkles
07-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Closed Monday.

JustinS
07-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Why?

sparkles
07-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Why do most business go under? Only Kelly knows the specifics. I met and talked with him this morning. No one is more bummed than him. Shitty deal all around.

AutoMods
07-27-2011, 07:31 PM
i'd guess commercial building overhead. commercial property is $$$. thats too bad. it would be hard to lose a business , lots of time and heart go into it. wish him luck in the future

probegt
07-29-2011, 02:20 PM
i heard this place in quad cities called rev has awd dyno if you guys are down?

slow ride
07-29-2011, 02:24 PM
wow

slow ride
07-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Mike at the ws6 store, but it's a dynojet 2wd

LT1Dan
07-29-2011, 02:29 PM
i heard this place in quad cities called rev has awd dyno if you guys are down?

Thats the place everyone is talking about in the previous couple pages. I don't know anything about them but it doesn't sound like any of the AWD guys will go there.

slo4cyl
07-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Thats the place everyone is talking about in the previous couple pages. I don't know anything about them but it doesn't sound like any of the AWD guys will go there.

I would go just for a dyno day, but I could understand y the other guys wouldn't want to go.

probegt
08-03-2011, 11:34 PM
have we decieded where we going

Ricky
08-04-2011, 12:06 PM
i have been on it... just for a graph... no work was done or tunning.

Drifte
08-04-2011, 12:07 PM
My awd was on it. Just there for dyno queen status lol.

DustinsDuster
08-07-2011, 10:47 AM
these arguments make me happy i just have RWD vehicles. i'll be honest, i laughed when i read probegt's response.

probegt
08-08-2011, 12:24 PM
these arguments make me happy i just have RWD vehicles. i'll be honest, i laughed when i read probegt's response.

i just wanted to know if we have decided a place yet because go a buddy that wants to take his 33 chevy to the dyno

AutoMods
08-08-2011, 12:58 PM
how many of you AWD guys are actually going to go? If we go out of our way to go to an awd dyno and then the awd guys don't show up I'm going to be upset

Xboosted23X
08-08-2011, 02:02 PM
If I get my car out to Ohio I will dyno it there. But if a date is set and I'm free I plan on attending.

slo4cyl
08-08-2011, 02:05 PM
I plan on going, I wont know for sure until a date is set but most likely Ill be able to make it

TbTalon94
08-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Im RWD now, so doesnt matter to me lol

AutoMods
10-03-2011, 08:38 PM
lets do this guys before the snow flies. a lot of people have stuff going on this weekend but how about the 15th, 22nd or the 29th? Lets do Revhard's dyno in the quad cities or black widow in center point.

86svo9L
10-03-2011, 08:50 PM
I may be down. Any of those dates would work.

TbTalon94
10-04-2011, 06:18 AM
LOL i'm back to AWD, but i don't really care to dyno my car now.

JustinS
10-04-2011, 07:22 AM
You got rid of the genesis already?

AutoMods
10-04-2011, 07:33 AM
LOL i'm back to AWD, but i don't really care to dyno my car now.

you should dyno to see if the cobb tune is making what it claims to

Josh083188
10-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Ill go and take that title from you colton. Pretty sure mine will make the lowest.

TbTalon94
10-04-2011, 10:29 AM
I'd rather not do pulls on Trent's dyno with my car. The gears are long and an AWD already takes a year and a half to do a pull on his dyno. My Evo was getting hot on his dyno because it took so long to do the pull. He needs to reduce the load.

Ricky
10-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Im surprised my third gear didnt go that day. It really did take a long time.

Drifte
10-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Ill go and take that title from you colton. Pretty sure mine will make the lowest.
I'll take my truck and hold that title! Though, I may have more torque this time.

AutoMods
10-04-2011, 11:14 AM
here is the link to the last dyno day http://iowaautoforums.com/showthread.php?12176-Iowa-Auto-Forums-Dyno-Day-Results&highlight=dyno

Sleeping
10-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Black widow sounds good to me

drfast4ward
10-04-2011, 02:25 PM
I'd rather not do pulls on Trent's dyno with my car. The gears are long and an AWD already takes a year and a half to do a pull on his dyno. My Evo was getting hot on his dyno because it took so long to do the pull. He needs to reduce the load. The load bearing eddy currents are turned off unless we are doing drive ability tuning, we never have the eddy currents on for any dyno day, and the rollers are 3500 lbs

Im surprised my third gear didnt go that day. It really did take a long time. we have never had any gears/ trannys fail because of the dyno.

if you want it to go faster maybe you should build for more power :) Gears have a lot to do with the time it takes to go through the pull you can always drop a gear if you want it to go faster also. Hp difference will be minimal

Drifte
10-04-2011, 02:27 PM
RX-7 dyno pull lasted an entire 5 seconds of WOT.

TbTalon94
10-04-2011, 02:32 PM
And my pull was a full 16 seconds WOT. That is an eternity for a turbo car, specially one making 450+awhp.

A pull just should not take that long period.

derek072887
10-04-2011, 02:37 PM
were you doing 4th gear pulls from 1500 rpm or what?

Ricky
10-04-2011, 02:40 PM
we have never had any gears/ trannys fail because of the dyno.

if you want it to go faster maybe you should build for more power :) Gears have a lot to do with the time it takes to go through the pull you can always drop a gear if you want it to go faster also. Hp difference will be minimal

Only said that because not much later I stripped third gear. I guess third is the weak gear on the 06-07 WRX's. I wasnt saying your dyno would brake it, they break on there own lol.

Xboosted23X
10-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Already dynoed mine so I'm out.

AutoMods
10-04-2011, 10:27 PM
^ post it up

Xboosted23X
10-04-2011, 10:57 PM
350/350. Ill have to find the dyno sheet if I can.

Drifte
10-05-2011, 10:34 AM
If its cheap I'll dyno the s10 for fun.

SLVR7
10-05-2011, 11:42 AM
If you guys think Trent's takes for ever to do a pull your not going to like Black Widow. Brian's rollers are extra wide for a dully and weigh 10k each. I vote for Black Widow too.

Drifte
10-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Trent blocks out a day for us all, gives us a good price, and is a supporter of this site. Is Black Widow going to do that?

TbTalon94
10-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Plus Trent has AWD capability. I vote his shop, i just won't be dynoing my car there lol.

Jappbox
10-05-2011, 02:28 PM
im going to have to agree, something is up with trents dyno, Ive seen prob 7-10 diffrent dynos both dynojet and mustang dynos and none Come close to the time it takes to do a pull on trents dyno there is just way to much load.

Sleeping
10-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Nothing against trent but I wont be going. Black Widow is closer and have used the dyno before. It closer for everybody. Also how many awd drive guys are there that are even going to dyno. Im sure he would work out a deal for us.

TbTalon94
10-06-2011, 06:51 AM
I won't be going to Black Widow. He owes me money and I don't really feel like giving him business.

Ricky
10-06-2011, 07:43 AM
im not going to either so count this AWD guy out.

Jappbox
10-06-2011, 12:34 PM
I won't be going to Black Widow. He owes me money and I don't really feel like giving him business.

Seems like more than just him owe money to others, I know a white STI that still owes us money after 2 years. Guess it melted a pistion? I know for a fact it was not due to the tune I had in that car, inless he ran the race gas map on pump gas fuel..

AutoMods
10-06-2011, 12:53 PM
^ let let him take the car before payment?

JustinS
10-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Seems like more than just him owe money to others, I know a white STI that still owes us money after 2 years. Guess it melted a pistion? I know for a fact it was not due to the tune I had in that car, inless he ran the race gas map on pump gas fuel..

Whose sti?

Ricky
10-06-2011, 01:59 PM

saw him not to long ago. He still has my ramps! He said he would bring them by the next day but never came. He also said he still owed you money and was going to pay you.... you still dont have your money and i dont have my ramps and i lost his number when i broke my phone. He was doing top speed runs of 160mph for a few miles at that speed under full boost is what he told me.

He still has the STI but its still broke because he said he doent have anymoney to fix it.

black88gt
10-06-2011, 02:27 PM
I think i put 2 + 2 but does this one have gold wheels?

Ricky
10-06-2011, 02:36 PM
I think i put 2 + 2 but does this one have gold wheels?

No not Travis.

Different STI. White 04 with Black wheels.

black88gt
10-06-2011, 03:06 PM
No not Travis.

Different STI. White 04 with Black wheels.

Ah it was 2+3. I can do that math too

Jappbox
10-06-2011, 03:36 PM
saw him not to long ago. He still has my ramps! He said he would bring them by the next day but never came. He also said he still owed you money and was going to pay you.... you still dont have your money and i dont have my ramps and i lost his number when i broke my phone. He was doing top speed runs of 160mph for a few miles at that speed under full boost is what he told me.

He still has the STI but its still broke because he said he doent have anymoney to fix it.

I guess it has the motor in it and about ready to go from what I understand, its been at hooker towing. doing 160+ for miles in a car thats not built for it is going to go boom no matter what. He owes me and Trevor money for tuning AEM with 2 maps. including install and wiring. and it was only like $400 bucks total I said because I knew he was having money issues.