PDA

View Full Version : Car Dolly/Trailer

sLoWnStEaDy
06-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Where all can I get one? A1 Rental has been booked for like 2 weeks now, Penske is out as well. I HAVE to get my Fiero and my Mach One to my place in Palo this weekend! So, does anyone know another place to rent a car trailer/dolly? I prefer a trailer as I have engines, engine stands and engine hoists to move as well.

Thanks in advance!

JustinS
06-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Uhaul? Or call up sandman for a couple of tows

sLoWnStEaDy
06-24-2011, 08:43 AM
I have tried 3 Uhaul's and gotten no answer. I am on the Phone with ProTow right now, see what they will charge me. I've talked to Sandman and his prices are almost equal to ProTow's. I have history with ProTow so they know what to expect from me and what not...

ProTow said $155 to do both. One is coming from 33rd ave SW and the other from West Cemetery road in Fairfax, both going to Palo...

c_mart_28
06-24-2011, 09:28 AM
I'd call up Uhaul direct and make arrangements with them. If there is one available they'll tell you where and when to pick it up.

AutoMods
06-24-2011, 10:01 AM
support the forum members, use Sandman!

sLoWnStEaDy
06-24-2011, 11:42 AM
support the forum members, use Sandman!

#1. I am cheap and will usually use the cheapest place
#2. I don't think I have his contact info to see what he would charge

Drifte
06-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Dont make him count to 3.

Ricky
06-24-2011, 01:24 PM
I've talked to Sandman and his prices are almost equal to ProTow's.

#2. I don't think I have his contact info to see what he would charge

?

sLoWnStEaDy
06-24-2011, 05:13 PM
?

We talked via PM a little while back about my truck and such... I told him what kind of stuff ProTow had done and how much they charged, he said he was about right on with them...

Ricky
06-27-2011, 07:43 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

1982_TA
06-27-2011, 05:56 PM
i used uhaul, for a full sized car trailor its like 60 bucks, you an get it all day, you just reserve it online, its really easy

Domestic Disturbance
06-27-2011, 06:07 PM
fuck protow

Deimos
06-27-2011, 06:30 PM
allens tow is 35 for dealers and 53 for all other people

LT1Dan
06-27-2011, 06:55 PM
fuck protow

Word.

AutoMods
06-27-2011, 08:06 PM
if you rent a full trailer at 7:30pm on friday at uhaul, you have to return the trailer on 7:30pm saturday in which they aren't open that late on saturday so you get the trailer until sunday morning before they open. all for the price of one day $55 . thats what i did for the shootout. probably applies for all their equipment.

SaNdMaNsSi
06-28-2011, 12:31 AM
allens tow is 35 for dealers and 53 for all other people

You know the old saying, "If you have a 25.00 head, buy a 25.00 helmet." The same applies with your car....

Deimos
06-28-2011, 03:30 AM
My buddy tows me car with his flat bed 25 dollars all day long, but of course he's a buddy. But the 35 dollars like I said is for dealers or bussinesses and they used a flat bed for my ride, showed up fast and we have used them about 8 or 10 times now. My baby came from H and W to the shop with no scratches so I would have to say that was a good ride.

SaNdMaNsSi
06-28-2011, 07:32 AM
My buddy tows me car with his flat bed 25 dollars all day long, but of course he's a buddy. But the 35 dollars like I said is for dealers or bussinesses and they used a flat bed for my ride, showed up fast and we have used them about 8 or 10 times now. My baby came from H and W to the shop with no scratches so I would have to say that was a good ride.

I guess if I were in your shoes, I'd see the great deal there, I can't fault you on that. I guess I am just annoyed because a guy comes in with a 4500 dollar truck and tows all day long for 50 bucks....We don't have anything older than 2000, with most of our stuff being only a year or two old at 80k a truck....makes it pretty hard to compete.

black88gt
06-28-2011, 08:50 AM
We talked via PM a little while back about my truck and such... I told him what kind of stuff ProTow had done and how much they charged, he said he was about right on with them...

So confused, you'd rather use pro tow who you've had all these issues with rather than a forum member and the cost is the same?

sLoWnStEaDy
06-28-2011, 09:25 AM
So confused, you'd rather use pro tow who you've had all these issues with rather than a forum member and the cost is the same?

ProTow and I have an understanding by now, they know I won't just "forget about it" if they damage my shit. I would hate to have any type of issue with a forum member...

AutoMods
06-28-2011, 09:33 AM
You know the old saying, "If you have a 25.00 head, buy a 25.00 helmet." The same applies with your car....

^qft . are all those tow trucks 4x4 ?

Deimos
06-28-2011, 09:55 AM
I guess if I were in your shoes, I'd see the great deal there, I can't fault you on that. I guess I am just annoyed because a guy comes in with a 4500 dollar truck and tows all day long for 50 bucks....We don't have anything older than 2000, with most of our stuff being only a year or two old at 80k a truck....makes it pretty hard to compete.

Not taking away anything from you. Just saying my buddy treats me good. I dig flatbed haulers for my toy until it can move under its own power that way I don't have to borrow my pops for his trailer every week. Now if you pm me a commercial price I would be more than happy to send ya business. Obviously if its customer pay you can charge them whatever you want and if it's reasonable drop off some cards and I will be more than happy to refer ya business bud. What company is it?

JustinS
06-28-2011, 12:22 PM
http://www.google.com/m/places?oe=UTF-8&client=safari&hl=en#ipd:mode=search&q=5%20Season's%20Auto%20Rebuilders

SaNdMaNsSi
06-28-2011, 12:42 PM
ProTow and I have an understanding by now, they know I won't just "forget about it" if they damage my shit. I would hate to have any type of issue with a forum member...

No problem at all if you don't want to use us. But we pride ourselves in the fact that we are always completely honest. We always take care of our mistakes, we wouldn't hide them and hope you don't notice.

SaNdMaNsSi
06-28-2011, 12:51 PM
^qft . are all those tow trucks 4x4 ?

Some are, some aren't. Every truck has a different use, it just depends on the truck you need.

SaNdMaNsSi
06-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Not taking away anything from you. Just saying my buddy treats me good. I dig flatbed haulers for my toy until it can move under its own power that way I don't have to borrow my pops for his trailer every week. Now if you pm me a commercial price I would be more than happy to send ya business. Obviously if its customer pay you can charge them whatever you want and if it's reasonable drop off some cards and I will be more than happy to refer ya business bud. What company is it?

No problem. I'll PM ya. Our commercial rates are a little more as are customer rates, but as I said, that's the difference when you have a truck from the early 90's compared to trucks that are only a year or two old. But every customer wants the bottom dollar, and I'm no different. Just this weekend I wanted to buy a battery from Interstate...we have a commercial account with them....they still quoted me 99.00 for it. I said, "there's no way that battery is that much, and we have a commercial account with you...." I then went on the Tires Plus website, and that exact same battery was 79.00 REGULAR PRICE with them....I told Interstate that, and the lady got pretty nasty and said, "Fine, we'll do it for 72.00" That's when I said, well, Tires Plus has a 25.00 off coupon on their site for any purchase or 50 bucks...." So I bought my 118.00 battery for my Honda for 55.00 bucks. It's crazy that I can buy something retail cheaper than I can using a commercial wholesaler. But anyways, back on topic. I work for 5 Seasons Auto Rebuilders, to answer your question. I'm always happy to help you spend your money.

SaNdMaNsSi
06-28-2011, 12:59 PM
http://www.google.com/m/places?oe=UTF-8&client=safari&hl=en#ipd:mode=search&q=5%20Season's%20Auto%20Rebuilders

Lol...your link just goes to google. I think what you were wanting to do was: www.fiveseasonsautorebuilders.com
The site isn't complete yet, but it's pretty easy to get a gist.

Deimos
06-28-2011, 07:24 PM
You know I get better discounts for alignments going through my one job than I do with my employee discounts. I really need to work on a better tire hook up because linder is not that great on prices.

SaNdMaNsSi
06-28-2011, 09:59 PM
I have a pretty good hookup for tires, I get a great discount for atvs especially. I can't remember the name of the place the guy works for, but I'll try to find it. Jonah that used to work at Tires Plus is now working at a tire wholesaler and gives me the hookup. I can never remember the name of the business, so if you call Tires Plus on Collins road and ask for the manager (Josh) you can ask him for Jonah's number. Both guys are super awesome, and I think the last time I bought 3/4 inch lug mud tires for my atv the regular price was 650, and I think I ended up paying right around 400 for them.

clutchmuch
06-28-2011, 11:14 PM
I could see if the trailor i used to get the RX7 from you is available this weekend..no charge but it would have to be just a day thing. And you would have to have a vehicle to tow with. I think its a 20' or 25' footer.

z28z34man
06-29-2011, 02:55 AM
I really need to work on a better tire hook up because linder is not that great on prices.

i have a good hook up for tires my dad owns a tire shop in maquoketa i haven't had to pay for a set of tires on my car ever

Deimos
06-29-2011, 05:01 AM
Here's the deal I know tires are marked up 50 percent this 5 percent off bull crap is for the birds.

96-eclipse-gst
07-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Here's the deal I know tires are marked up 50 percent this 5 percent off bull crap is for the birds.

Agreed, I can get decent prices on tires but I know the places I buy them from are making a bunch off of them. Seems like the only way to get good tire prices is to be a tire dealer. That's fine with me, I do just fine doing maintenance and repair. Guess I'll look in to becoming a tire dealer in the future.