PDA

View Full Version : 1979 Lowered Chevy Arkansas truck, Weld Wheels 4 wheel disc etc.

92EclipseIA
06-16-2011, 10:20 AM
1979 Silverado two wheel drive, regular cab shortbox, I purchased this truck about three years ago its been an on-going project for me since, I have recently purchased a newer mustang cobra and this truck unforunately has to go! I conpleted the project in Mid-November and drove it for a few days and stored it for the winter, I got it out this spring and have driven it a few times, I've MAYBE put 500 miles on everything that was done to it. Its orignally an Arkansas truck and is very clean for what it is, but it will need typical cab corners and rockers, but there not terrible and you can have a lot of fun with it. With the combination of transmission and rear end I get a solid 20 MPG on the highway.

The truck itself has aproximatley 140k on the body, but last fall I began a project to lower it and put some nice wheels on it and one thing led to another. The truck as a 305/350 (I honestly dont know) that has been rebuilt at some point with with a nice cam, 600 cfmEdelbrock carb, and Edelbrock aluminum intake

The front has been lowered with with lowering spindles, and one cut coil, the rear has been flipped. The rear end is out of '96 Trans am/Camaro with 3.23 gears and an Auburn Posi-unit and has rear disc brakes. I wanted to make a nice cruiser out of it so in the process I installed a 700R4 that has been rebuilt with aproximately 20-30k by CR Transmission, and Sadler PowerTrain made me a driveshaft for it. In the process doing the work I coverted the truck to 5x4.75 bolt pattern making it easy to run any late model GM wheel and tire combination. After all the work was done Boubins did the alignment and it drives out very nice.

I am an ASE Master Tech and have been working on cars for 5-6 years, there were no corners cut on this truck on what I've done.

ALL THE PARTS HAVE MAYBE 500 MILES ON THEM, your basically getting a free truck with the amount I have invested in just parts

Greg Weld Wheels 15x5 -fronts 15x10 -rears
BF Goodrich White Letter T/A - 275-60-15 rear tire
Premium Front Wagner Rotors- (not the cheap Chinese ones)
Thermo-Quiet Front brake Pads
NEW bearings, seals, inner and outter races, castle nuts, grease caps etc.
Upper and Lower Ball Joints
New Outter Tie Rod Ends
New front Calipers
New Front Soft Brake Hoses
New Hard Bent Brake Lines
New C3 Corvette Master Cylinder
New Rear Brake rotors
New Rear Brake pads
Parking brake cables
New rear hard Metal brake lines
Summit Racing portioning valve
Correct Length Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks front and rear
Dual Electric Fans
Custom made sheetmetal fan shroud
700r4 with 20-30k (1990 model- they had the bugs worked out by then, and has WIX filter kit and fresh trans service)
Throttle Valve Cable- and correctly adjusted to not burn the trans up!!
'96 Trans Am/Camaro Rear end with Royal Purple Diff fluid and new seals (because I was there just went ahead and did them)
New driveshaft with new U-Joints
Edelbrock 600 cfm Carb and new 3/8 metal fuel line, and new air cleaner
Edelbrock Aluminum intake
Accell HEI ignition system with 8mm wires and Accell plugs
Fresh 4 wheel alignment

Also included with the sale I have a set of 2000+ Silverado seats that are tan in color that have the arm rest and the seat belt built into the seat, and there power, I also have a Stock hood, front bumper, a fender and a door that I picked up at the swap meet (because it was a good deal).

My name is BEN and my cell phone number is 319-573-three 1 five 8 call or text me, I work a swing shift schedule so if you dont get me the first time keep trying. Im looking to get $2950 for it, but Im open to trades + cash mustang parts etc. dont be afaird to throw something out

AutoMods
06-16-2011, 10:52 AM
i like it

DustinsDuster
06-16-2011, 04:08 PM
saw this while driving today. neat looking truck. good luck with the sale!

JustinS
06-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Oh man, do want.

LT1Dan
06-16-2011, 07:36 PM
It reminds me of the black truck in Dazed and Confused. Wish I had the money to snag this from you. GLWS Looks like a solid truck.

Drifte
06-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Solid. Just like my first truck except not a pos, same paint too.

Fire Hawk
06-17-2011, 02:52 PM
I've seent he truck 1st hand and the work that has gone into it! Ben doesn't half ass his projects anywhere. It is very clean for how old it is and has been taken care of by one of the best guys that has an appreciation for cars & trucks!!!

Domestic Disturbance
06-18-2011, 02:39 AM
is this love.... that I'm feeling... http://209.85.122.83/2510/37/0/e28332//e28332.gif

92EclipseIA
06-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the compliments, I'd love to keep it but I got myself a 04 cobra and don't need 4 vehicles, whoever ends up with it is basically getting a free truck

That's part of the hobby though :-)

sLoWnStEaDy
06-18-2011, 04:35 PM
I took a peak at this today while I was out at the Hog Wild Days parade (yellow shirt, white hat, my son and the little girl rammed into each other right before the parade)... looks good! the rockers/corners where not nearly as bad as I was expecting. passenger rocker, drivers cab corner and driver wheel arch on the box was about it. I LOVE those wheels! The truck looked a lot lower in person but probably had a lot to do with it being in the grass! LOL

AutoMods
06-19-2011, 12:22 AM
anything interesting in the interior?

92EclipseIA
06-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Sold!!!

Deimos
06-20-2011, 07:23 PM
yay

sLoWnStEaDy
06-24-2011, 08:20 AM
I was going to ask, I haven't seen it sitting there for quite a few days now...