PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Suggestions - Honda

Domestic Disturbance
06-13-2011, 11:58 PM
What do you honda guys recommend for a decent stock replacement clutch. I don't need some 1oz flywheel rev machine master, but I don't want garbage either. The clutch in my car has been doing some... questionable... things lately. Thanks

BTW I know I asked a few of you already in person but completely forgot. I think I have that attention ... what do they call it? (f&f quote necessary in honda related thread)

SaNdMaNsSi
06-14-2011, 12:45 AM
I had Sperry's order me a stage 3 a couple of years ago....There was nothing wrong with the clutch that came out of my car, it was just a full race clutch, so it sucked to drive in town with it. I bet he probably still has it laying around somewhere. If he does, he better give it to you for free since he didn't give it back to me.

Drifte
06-14-2011, 10:29 AM
O'reillys stock replacement? Worked for my dd. Act street, spec stage 1. any of these will be fine.

Clinical
06-14-2011, 11:52 AM
I'd just go with the local auto store's replacement clutch if it isnt ridiculous priced.

I think its like $120 for one for a 92-95 civic at advance were I work at.

JustinS
06-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Stage 5 6 puck for sure.

JacobS
06-14-2011, 01:21 PM
it might not be the clutch! my old single cam clutch was good when i took it out, but the pressure plate or the flywheel had some hot spots...i dont remember which one it was....while youre replacing that i have that trans you could put in for the shorter gears to give you that little extra get up....

probegt
06-14-2011, 01:25 PM
for a dd i would just put a act heavy duty pressure plate with a full face disk and a prolite flywheel

Domestic Disturbance
06-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Ya I meant to put that I want to replace the pressure plate and flywheel too. Not sure about the trans swap yet sherman, but I still need to get that head from you.

Are the hydoalics knowns to wear out at all? Would it be worth it to replace them too?

black88gt
06-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Ya I meant to put that I want to replace the pressure plate and flywheel too. Not sure about the trans swap yet sherman, but I still need to get that head from you.

Are the hydoalics knowns to wear out at all? Would it be worth it to replace them too?

the what?

Domestic Disturbance
06-15-2011, 12:00 AM
hydraulics known* damn spell check bombed me

Drifte
06-15-2011, 07:28 AM
Hydraulics should be just fine. Check for any leaks, if none your good. Have the flywheel surfaced and get a parts store clutch from whoever has one in stock. We can get ya aftermarket if you want, costs about the same.