sLoWnStEaDy
06-09-2011, 11:04 AM
wow... never even heard about that!

AutoMods
06-09-2011, 12:19 PM
retarded idea

sparkles
06-09-2011, 12:41 PM
All businesses and commercial style properties (ie, apartments, senior living centers, etc.) already are required to have them for the fire department to use in case of an emergency. They contain the keys for the building and any other critical equipment like electrical panels, elevator equipment, etc. Stuff that can't be broken into with an axe. That's all well and fine, but implementing it to duplexes and single family dwellings is just plain retarded.

Krumm
06-09-2011, 08:20 PM
-to unlock a knox box in a truck, every firefighter has there own personal code that is given to them. everytime they punch in there code it is recorded and the time the key is out is recorded.

-people actually do want there doors replaced after we knock them in. believe it or not.

-90% of our "fire" calls are false alarms by alarm companies. thousands of dollars will be saved by having knox boxes. we HAVE to investigate all alarms or its OUR ass on the line if the structure burns down an 15 minutes later.

-it fell on deaf ears because the elected officials know what there doing there. if you feel other wise, join a fire department. watch how many calls a knox box helps on. look at how much property, money and time is saved.

everyone of those "concerned" citizens needed to get there facts straight about knox boxes before they came to that meeting.

JustinS
06-09-2011, 09:04 PM
-to unlock a knox box in a truck, every firefighter has there own personal code that is given to them. everytime they punch in there code it is recorded and the time the key is out is recorded.

-people actually do want there doors replaced after we knock them in. believe it or not.

-90% of our "fire" calls are false alarms by alarm companies. thousands of dollars will be saved by having knox boxes. we HAVE to investigate all alarms or its OUR ass on the line if the structure burns down an 15 minutes later.

-it fell on deaf ears because the elected officials know what there doing there. if you feel other wise, join a fire department. watch how many calls a knox box helps on. look at how much property, money and time is saved.

everyone of those "concerned" citizens needed to get there facts straight about knox boxes before they came to that meeting.

Commercial buildings/businesses I'm fine with...but if they try and put that on a single family home they can fuck right off. Break the door in, that's what insurance is for.

Ricky
06-09-2011, 09:18 PM
doors are cheep.... i kicked mine in once.

JustinS
06-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Did you go into hulk mode?

AutoMods
06-10-2011, 08:00 AM
it should be voluntary, and if you choose not to provide a key then you cant complain about your door getting broken down. and/or you should get fined for false alarms.

Drifte
06-10-2011, 08:45 AM
B&E? No, I just wanted to kick a door in.

Drifte
06-10-2011, 08:47 AM
what if someone gets murdered or raped? Lady, dont worry about it your in the clear. But I found your baby:
http://www.screen-power.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/monkey-king-4.jpg

Krumm
06-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Commercial buildings/businesses I'm fine with...but if they try and put that on a single family home they can fuck right off. Break the door in, that's what insurance is for.

single family RENTAL properties is all they mentioned. and they never said they were going to do that. You guys keep saying to bust the doors down and thats what insurance is for, BUT no one wants to pay for a door or make a claim on there insurance.

Drifte
06-10-2011, 10:03 AM
You know you want to break doors down so dont get too excited.

Ricky
06-10-2011, 10:11 AM

Locked my slef out and it was cold outside. I wanted in so I busted the door in.

new door = $180