PDA

View Full Version : IAF Ride of the Month Rules and Guidelines.

Drifte
06-02-2011, 11:13 AM
ROTM

I - Entrant Eligibility
To enter the competition, you must have been a registered member for at least two months before your entry date, and have a post count of at least 50.
No winner may enter the competition for a 12 month period following the date they are announced as winner.
No finalist may enter the competition that immediately follows their selection as a finalist.
Staff members may enter the competition; however, their participation is subject to the restrictions set forth in section III.
II - Composition of Entries
An entry is to be comprised of a single post in this Featured Car Competition forum.
Each posted entry is to be comprised of: one main photo, ownership details, a car description, and up to two additional photos. An entry missing any required items is disqualified. The two additional photos are optional.
Linking to any outside document (website, thread, photo album, etc.) for additional content is not allowed. The entry must be complete in and of itself, and may only contain content as specified in these rules.
Photos
The main photo (at the top of your entry) should be an overall exterior shot of your car. Pay particular attention to background, composition, and framing. Keep in mind that this main photo should be of sufficient quality to appear on the homepage if your entry wins the competition.
Up to two additional photos may be included at the end of your entry (after all text). These photos may be of any element of the car that you wish to highlight, such as the engine bay or interior.
You will now be required to have 2 versions of your photo for the 2011 Ride Of The Month submission:
The standard submission photos must be in either jpg or gif format. Each photo should be as close to 640 pixels width and 480 pixels height as possible. Pictures must not exceed 640 width or 480 height.
The image must meet the following requirements: All images sent have to be a MINIMUM of 2500 pixels wide. The bigger the image is, the better and must have a minimum of 300dpi. This is not an option, if you do not submit this photo you will not be considered for Ride Of The Month. This is a perfect opportunity to get out and take some new photos of your ride!
To post a photo, the photo must be hosted on a reliable web server and you must know the URL (web address) for the photo. Directions for posting photos can be found here.
Photos must be of very good clarity. Your entry will be disqualified if your photos are too small, too large, of poor image quality, or poor composition, or is hosted on an unreliable server.
No image editing is allowed. This means no use of Photoshop, Paint Shop, or any other editing program. The only allowable exceptions to this rule are resizing of photos and removal of numbers from license plates.
Photos must not be watermarked.
Ownership Details
The ownership details must include your full name, city, and state. The entrant must be the actual current owner of the vehicle (they must hold title). We reserve the right to request ownership verification (registration, title, etc.) at any time during or after the competition.
Car Description
The car description must include the year, make, model, and trim level description (ex: 1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX). It should contain 400 words or less (Microsoft word has a word counting tool; highlight your selection, go “tools”, then “Word Count”). The description may include modifications, time slip information, or any other information you may think is relevant. Do not get chatty… keep it to the point. Reading long-winded subject descriptions may irritate the moderators, and since they choose the finalists, brevity is advised.
All stated modifications must currently be installed and functioning. If time slip information (ET or Trap Speed) is mentioned, the entrant must already have their time posted or must have a scanned time slip available for immediate submission to the staff.
III – Selection of Finalists and Membership Vote
Five finalists are chosen by the staff from the entries submitted. In no uncertain terms: the choice of finalists by the staff is a subjective process. The choice is not open to negotiation. The staff discusses the entries, systematically votes amongst themselves, and then correlates the totals in order to determine the five finalists. In this context, there is no such thing as “unfair”. As a general rule, the staff tends to show a preference for clean, powerful, streetable cars. Also as a general rule, the staff tends to dislike modifications that may be considered “rice” such as excessive use of graphics, neon, extremely large wings, brightly colored interior trim, mention of the term “Type R”, etc. Now, imagine yourself not getting picked as a finalist. If that gives you the urge to whine, do not enter. The reason is, as previously stated: the choice of finalists by the moderators is a subjective process.
The entries of the five finalists are then opened to voting by registered members (restrictions may apply for voting, such as minimum post counts, or registration date limits). Voting will end near the end of the calendar month, or whenever announced.
Staff Participation. A staff member who has entered the competition is not allowed to participate in discussion pertaining to the selection of finalists for that competition, nor are they allowed to vote in the staff poll where finalists are selected. No more than one staff member can be selected as a finalist in any given competition.
IV - General Rules
By submitting an entry to iowaautoforums.com, you are giving your permission for IAF to use any and/or all contents of your entry for promotion or any other use.
Any attempt to submit incorrect, dishonest, or inaccurate data will result in disqualification from the competition and banning of the entrant's account.
Vote solicitation and voter fraud. Soliciting votes for a particular entrant in any manner (including forum posts, signatures, or any other means) is not allowed. If the staff perceives any voter fraud or vote solicitation that tips the scales in favor of a particular entrant, disciplinary action may be taken against that entrant and any known accomplices.
IAF reserves the right to modify or amend these rules at any time, as well as the right to cancel the competition at any time without warning.

At this time, keep the high resolution photos on standby, we will let you know how to submit these.

sLoWnStEaDy
06-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Holy crap... I was thinking about entering the Fiero or Conquest but I don't feel like reading all of that. LOL

AutoMods
06-02-2011, 03:33 PM
i need to get my lawyer first

JustinS
06-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Aren't these contests supposed to be done before the month begins? IE: pick July's car in June so it is ROTM for an entire month?

Drifte
06-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Yes, but to get it going I thought we would get a June ROTM put together quickly and motivate people for Julys.

Domestic Disturbance
06-02-2011, 09:36 PM

I'm crying from laughing so hard

probegt
06-04-2011, 01:05 AM
damn thats just crazy for so many rules just to become a rotm

Clinical
06-04-2011, 07:04 AM
damn thats just crazy for so many rules just to become a rotm

Yeah I didn't even bother haha.
I'm not even sure what the dpi stuff means, i'm not a big image guy.

Drifte
06-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Damn whiners, its the basic rules of most forum Rotm entries. Enter however you want. The gist of the rules is enter your own car with decent pics and tell us about it.

JohnnyMarauder
06-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Did you steal these rules from a camero forum? :D

Clinical
06-04-2011, 03:42 PM
it also helps weed out the massive amount of entries on the bigger forums, but I don't forsee IAF's being near as big :P

DustinsDuster
06-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Did you steal these rules from a camero forum? :D

i googled "camero forums" and couldnt find shit, so i'm not sure...

sparkles
06-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Probably because you didn't spell "Camaro" right.

Stutz
06-05-2011, 02:16 PM
I have always wanted one of them there 2 door cameros. Found one with a high output v6 with straight pipe glass packs. Dog gum it would be sweet cruising with them tea tops off blasting skynard while i cruise the trailor park with my busch light and chew

sparkles
06-05-2011, 02:37 PM
You're forgetting corn dogs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROde12JR8Rg

JustinS
06-05-2011, 03:43 PM
I have always wanted one of them there 2 door cameros. Found one with a high output v6 with straight pipe glass packs. Dog gum it would be sweet cruising with them tea tops off blasting skynard while i cruise the trailor park with my busch light and chew

Hey now, whats wrong with Busch Light?

DustinsDuster
06-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Probably because you didn't spell "Camaro" right.

jokes are never as funny when someone points out the obvious...

Krumm
06-05-2011, 08:42 PM

what wrong with chew?

Ricky
06-10-2011, 10:21 AM

everything. mainly that its watered down crap....

Drifte
06-10-2011, 10:46 AM
what wrong with chew?
also everything.

Entering my motorcycle for June ROTM offically right now.

2007 Yamaha yzf R6

It has mods, and stuff.

Looks like this:
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252903_680196529259_71802238_35148836_3632275_n.jp g

ZacFields
06-10-2011, 04:26 PM
This is a good idea - I remember we used to do this back on IAF and it was extremely popular. I'd take 5 or 10 photos of the car and set them to a rotation on the home page for the whole next month. Got a lot of attention and kept the home page fresh and constantly changing.

I nominate my Civic. lol j/k.

Drifte
06-13-2011, 08:26 AM
I threw my bike in trying to show people it really doesnt take that much to enter, the rules are just there if we need them.

slo4cyl
06-13-2011, 11:02 AM
everything. mainly that its watered down crap....

You watch your mouth!

JustinS
06-14-2011, 09:49 PM
You watch your mouth!

Yeah, those were fightin' words. Busch is good for pong.

Drifte
06-15-2011, 07:32 AM
Should I attempt to fire up July ROTM?

JustinS
06-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Did you get any entries for June?

probegt
06-19-2011, 07:47 PM
ya we should just shoot for july and i want to nominate kitch for gm but he need to post pics!

Xboosted23X
06-19-2011, 09:05 PM
whens the cutoff for june. Ill put my car in just for S and G.

Drifte
06-20-2011, 09:29 AM
I think we'll just forget about June and open up entries for July ROTM. I'll start a new thread and sticky it.

Domestic Disturbance
06-21-2011, 11:43 PM

This still makes me laugh my ass off